Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thank you everyone. I decided not to do a DD yesterday. I am a bit frustrated with not losing as quickly as I'd like, or even every week. Not doing a DD was just for my mental health, as it surely won't change anything and could make things worse, lol. I'm staying on rotation today too and having another UD. I wasn't overboard yesterday and probably ate less than a normal UD, so no worries. I am not giving up. I made the statement last night, "I'm giving up on my diet," really just to see how it felt to say it (and to see if bf cared one way or the other, lol) and he said, "No you're not. You are doing so well!"

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I have seen here where 2 UDs have shook things up- so I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
LG- if you are still interested in appetite suppresants, Netrition just put one as their deal of the week. It looks like a natural thing, but I don't really know anything about it. Just a thought...
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yes, maybe the 2 UDs was what you needed!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!! You CAN do it, LG!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
good for you for not giving up!!
February is going to be a good month for you
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
How appalling ...I'm surprised he didn't end with "eat less, exercise more". You should not feel bad about the reason you went to see him. He would have no hesitation I bet to give you medication for blood pressure and diabetes, but for a med that might assist in your weight loss efforts and in the prevention of those diseases he should applaud you for taking the initative to lose weight.
It's a favourite with bodybuilders for cutting and "celebrities" are said to use them...but they won't openly admit it. I'm sorry he treated you like that.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That Dr sounds like a real pain. I would have reacted the same way, how dare he insinuate that you wanted them to use as a drug. And after a journey like you had just had I am surprised you didn't let him have a quick right hander!

And I don't want to hear that about you not 'doing well' on this diet. You are not a fast loser but you are losing. You are doing very well!

I will be interested to see how you feel after the 2 UDs. You may find that is enough to set you back on track. Stranger things have happened.

Also I am so delighted to hear that your BF is supportive and sees how well you are doing.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

everything Kissa said is perfect
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

It was 5 UDS!!! I'm doing the 5:2 LOL, by accident.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It was 5 UDS!!! I'm doing the 5:2 LOL, by accident.
and look how great your WI was after FIVE UDs! Incredible!!!!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Cindy, you are doing great even though the weight is not coming off quickly, it is coming off! We are all so different with this weight loss stuff. You deserve a LOT of credit for not giving up, you can be very proud of that. Success means never giving up.

That doctor sounds like a condescending arrogant jerk. I have met many health care providers like that in my lifetime and for the most part, there aren't many I like. Most of them want to push drugs on me without trying to work with me to solve the issue with a different approach.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
and look how great your WI was after FIVE UDs! Incredible!!!!!!!!
If by some crazy chance I have a big whoosh tomorrow, I think I'll keep doing the 5:2. I seriously doubt it will be an option, but maybe!?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Cindy, you are doing great even though the weight is not coming off quickly, it is coming off! We are all so different with this weight loss stuff. You deserve a LOT of credit for not giving up, you can be very proud of that. Success means never giving up.

That doctor sounds like a condescending arrogant jerk. I have met many health care providers like that in my lifetime and for the most part, there aren't many I like. Most of them want to push drugs on me without trying to work with me to solve the issue with a different approach.
Thanks, JL.Seems like some of the docs in this town are ganging together and starting little "weight-loss" programs that aren't covered by insurance, and charging out the wazoo for basically appetite suppressants that they also sell to you at an inflated price. And, the doctors who are not part of this scam are not prescribing weight loss meds at all, so you're screwed any way you turn, unless you have $$$$ to burn. I've found all this out through research over the past week.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/162.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
I don't know if it's peri-menopause or what, but nearly everything gets on my damn nerves. I went to the doctor this morning and walked out because I found him condescending...I have *never* done anything like that. I feel like I want to rip stupid people apart, and my poor bf bears the brunt of my wrath. Don't get me wrong, I don't walk around with a dark cloud over my head 24/7, but lately it takes very little to set me off. Where is the JUDDD calm?!!
Total huge (((HUGS!!!))) to you!!!

I felt the exact same way while doing Atkins, I was the biggest grumpus on the face of the earth and was blowing up at everyone within reach. When I added in more carbs I was fine again though it really could have been perimenopause with me as I have been having hot flashes for a year or so. Come to think of it I havn't had one for a couple of weeks now....
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

I've been in a much calmer mood the past couple of days, but I've not had a DD (before today) since last Tuesday. Hmmmm... Fat and happy OR Thin and angry?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/162.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
I've been in a much calmer mood the past couple of days, but I've not had a DD (before today) since last Tuesday. Hmmmm... Fat and happy OR Thin and angry?
At a low point while in my grumpy Atkins days, I said to my husband that I was just going to be fat and happy!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, JL.Seems like some of the docs in this town are ganging together and starting little "weight-loss" programs that aren't covered by insurance, and charging out the wazoo for basically appetite suppressants that they also sell to you at an inflated price. And, the doctors who are not part of this scam are not prescribing weight loss meds at all, so you're screwed any way you turn, unless you have $$$$ to burn. I've found all this out through research over the past week.
Doesn't surprise me at all. I worked many years in the health insurance business and became so disillusioned by the connection of health to $$$ in this country.

Glad you are feeling better today. You are doing a great job, no matter what that scale says!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I honestly think that a lot of healthcare professionals, especially drs...don't have a clue about how it feels to be hungry...for instance..I considered lap band surgery, but..they said insurance wouldn't pay, I needed to gain more weight..then I found out that before you can even get the surgery, you have to live on shakes, like medifast, for nearly two weeks...I said...&^***..IF I could do that, I wouldn't need any surgery..hahaha..I know a guy who had the full Intestinal bypass...he needed to lose..maybe 60 lbs...but..he's gained it all back, plus some...so..I know..it's ok for some people...but unless I find a way to eat that will work, I would just be going for a quick fix...usually when I'm on a DD, I tell myself..hey...this is what it would be like every single day for me to be on something like weight watchers...no thanks..not for me..I mention this because all of the Drs I have been to for help losing weight seem to think that daily starvation is the only way..thank God we have this place..what a great help you all are to me.
jaymar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

I hear you, Jaymar. It seems like people who have never been overweight have no idea how difficult it is to lose weight. No Clue. Plus, unlike other "diseases" obesity is considered something that you've done to yourself, so shame on you! If you can't lose it on your own, then you will just have to suffer with being fat. And shame on you for being fat. It's a Lose-lose proposition. And not in the good sense.

Quote:
I mention this because all of the Drs I have been to for help losing weight seem to think that daily starvation is the only way..
OR, they say stuff like, eat healthy and exercise and you will lose the weight. Like you're completely stupid or something. I have a Masters degree, but I doubt it would take even a high school education to make that deduction, and only one time trying "eating healthy and exercising" to realize that it doesn't work.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-04-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I know a few people who have had some kind of weight loss surgery. Only one out of six has kept the weight off for over two years.

I really think, that for me especially, there is some kind of emotional connection with food you have to make peace with before you can successfully keep weight off and be healthy. And yes, the hoops you have to go through for these kinds of operations is, in most cases, just ridiculous.

I was watching a Dr Oz show a while ago (some of his stuff makes sense to me) and something he said stuck with me. Changes, such as weight loss, are won in the mind.

The doctors I've talked to over the years about my weight all talked to me like I was some kind of lazy idiot who just didn't get it. Eat less move more, stupid. That's how I felt anyway.

And one time one of them said to me...if you don't lose weight you'll end up with hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. I looked at him and said, no kidding, I've never heard that before! He shut right up.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

I know what you guys mean! I went to my endocrinologist one time because the pharmacy had messed up my thyroid prescription and I had been taking 1/3 strength of what I needed for 24 days. I actually gained 11 pounds in those 24 days, along with many other side effects. My doctor completely ignored the fact that my prescription had been insufficient for almost a month causing the weight gain, and just told me I should go on weight watchers.