Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I felt like that too, but you don't have to decide right away. You can just keep doing like you are now, except you will have a DD every other day. As long as you stay within your calorie range, you can do JUDDD exactly the way you want.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
adi, I saw your stats. that was 'alot' of diets tried. all failed and finally JUDDD was the winning plan? even atkins, you gained back?

that was very interesting. I guess you can manipulate JUDDD to work for what is best for your own personal eating plans. I like that cause it would give a bit more freedom.
I did pretty good maintaining after I lost my initial weight on low carb lowfat. I can maintain really well on LC high fat but cannot lose. BUT I developed a foot problem and stopped my daily walking and then had to have foot surgery and was on crutches for 4 months and totally dependent on DH for food and he thinks everything should be on bread. Anyway, I ended up at 180 pounds by the time I could walk again. Tried a few other diets to get the pounds off. The Rice Diet works but is really restrictive and almost vegetarian and we had a freezer full of grass fed beef and milk fed pork. So I stumbled on JUDDD. I thought that there was no way I was going to starve myself every other day. I did and I am happy. I am trying to go even lower than I ever thought possible so I am in weight loss mode again.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 01-28-2013 at 05:58 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #33
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
before doing atkins I searched a ton of plans to find some structure to help lose weight.

I think I choose atkins because it gave me what I wanted. Bacon. Ribeyes. crispy chicken because of the skin. tons of butter. full fat ranch dressing etc.

but more I read about ketosis and how atkins had so much controversary about being a horrible diet promoting consumption of so much fat, I am leery now if I should continue.

I am keeping carbs low. 20-25 per day. BUT IN MY MIND now I am thinking of switching over to JUDDD because of 2 things. the controversary on long term ketosis and such food restriction.

I am fine now but my mind is thinking that a switch will have to come.

does that make sense? long term I think atkins might not be the best plan.

So in general, what carb levels do most of you try to stay at on UP days. I was thinking like 50-60 tops if I jump over to JUDDD and keep the food real. fruit, veggies, leaner meats than I am eating and a few of the heavier carbs thrown in but sparingly.

is this feasible? my mind is kinda jumbled because atkins is treating me so well, I can easily stay on plan, yet somehow my mind is saying get ready for a plan change?

just not sure
You can eat all of that on JUDDD too, just every other day
When I first made the switch I tried staying lc (under 50 a day), but after a few days I decided to get wild and stopped counting all together lol. I had a couple pound bounce at first, but within a week it was gone. Haven't counted a carb since
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
adi I sure understand how food surgery and a cooking hubby would make trouble for you.

reading reviews on JUDDD on the net most people say they thought for sure they couldn't handle the down days but realized since it was for one day only they could do it and surprised themselves finding out they could. and maintain that for life.

plus I noticed on the calculator that the pre-maintenance DD is not that bad on calorie restriction. something I think I could handle easily for long term later.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mom23 that is very interesting. no carb counting but you did restrict to 50 and then threw that out the window. wow.

can you give me an idea of your UP day menu please? I kinda would love to see how a JUDDD person eats on an UP day.

I would appreciate that. (of course I am reading tons of the JUDDD threads right now so that should help me more. if I make the switch one thing I know is I will be ready with at least 2 weeks of meal plans ready to go! no way I am jumping in totally blind lol)
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Don't get too discouraged about what you're doing...the reports of long-term effects of ketosis is usually those who do NOT advocate the lc woe...if you're happy with what you have, why change?

In my case, I allowed myself to put on 40 pounds when I retired from the Army and quit smoking...thinking the weight would be easier to lose after a while...18 years later I finally found the way to lose it. As I've said, I've been stalled for three months but this has been due to other things, stress in my life and not adhering to the plan. The plan works, people fail at it. I have found there is a direct correlation to carbs in my diet. I'm much better restricting them...not all the way, but if they're too high then I stop losing. I try to keep DD carbs to under 50 and UD carbs to under 100...if I get too much over, then I slow. The SAD is over 300 gm carbs daily and most nutritionists consider 150 as a low carb diet.

Once you start thinking low calorie, as well as low carb, you'll see there are a lot of things out there you can eat and enjoy...and the basis is the same as your low carb diet...meats, veggies but you can add fruits without regrets. Just don't start looking at the non- and low-fat products, or I should say look closely at them. Some are worthwhile, others are not worth a tinker's dam. When I started JUDDD, I started looking at the nutrition labels and, although I thought I knew a lot, I learned even more.

You'l find, like most of us, that on your DD's you'll stick to the same foods...and that's okay. In fact, that's what Dr. J. recommends. For example; for breakfast I'll have a Dukan pancake (egg whites with a bit of oat bran - oat fiber is even better...no cals or carbs, only fiber) and I found a turkey bacon that is edible...that's less than 100 calories. For supper, and I usually have just the two meals plus a snack close to bedtime (sleep better with a bit on the stomach), I've found the chicken breast, cabbage and laughing cow cheese thingie to be very filling....chicken about 40 calories per ounce - turkey is even less - cabbage about 20 and the light laughing cow is only 35 calories...so for under 200 calories you have a very filling meal...carbs running under 20 grams. So you can see there's room for a snack and few carbs before bedtime. Coffee and tea ll day long...some folks find chicken broth to be very helpful too.

UD's are easy...bacon and eggs for breakfast...I use Trop 50 and crystal light for my juices and even mix the two to bring the calories/carbs even lower. My last up day, I had a slice of pizza...lots of meat and cheese...and if you've been low carbing for a while you know there are lots of good recipes for pizza. Lots of salads, lots of veggies and usually have two or three types of meat. I'm finding that four ounces of meat is very filling...I'm one that must watch my calories on UD's as well and try to stay a couple of hundred below my goal...but that said, if I want a donut, or an ice cream cone, I know it's always a day away..the beauty is with JUDDD, tomorrow comes every other day and you only have to diet one day at a time.

Hope this helps....BTW, over on the Golden agers thread, we post our menus daily so you can check there...also, here in the JUDDD thread some folks list their menus for both UD and DD's.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-28-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mssarge
your post had alot of great info in it for me.

I am thinking now that I have to up my carb limit a bit. my 20-25 is too restrictive and it is time to climb the carb ladder a bit and get myself some new options to eat into about 40-50 NC.

I am happy with atkins and think I have to change it up a bit and tweak a bit to be able to continue. maybe more food options will give me some energy and even me out a bit.

your post was really helpful. I appreciate the help. I will definitely head over to Golder Agers and check it out.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I want to thank everyone because this little chat helped me very much!!!
your info was spot on in answering some questions for me and I sure need it.
JUDDD is sounding great but I am going to hang onto atkins a bit and shake it up also.
but JU sounds like a plan I can handle later down the line if needed.

THANKS!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 AM   #39
Established

Quote:
mom23 that is very interesting. no carb counting but you did restrict to 50 and then threw that out the window. wow.

can you give me an idea of your UP day menu please? I kinda would love to see how a JUDDD person eats on an UP day.

I would appreciate that. (of course I am reading tons of the JUDDD threads right now so that should help me more. if I make the switch one thing I know is I will be ready with at least 2 weeks of meal plans ready to go! no way I am jumping in totally blind lol)
My UD menus are all over the place! Right now dh and I are on a big breakfast burrito kick so I have one of these at least twice a week on my UDs-a soft tortilla shell topped with scrambled egg, a hashbrown, sausage crumbles, shredded cheese and then hot sauce and ketchup Taco salads with flax seed is another one I have frequently. I'm also partial to frozen entrees, which are not healthy in the least, but I love the darn things

My UDs usually look like this-

skip breakfast and have diet soda and water to start the day (we don't drink coffee)
lunch-either a frozen entree, breakfast burrito or taco salad (2-3 times a month I'll have fish)
supper-whatever the family is having-casseroles, tacos (taco salad for me), chicken, subs etc etc

I've pretty much cut out snacking on my UDs

Also, I'm not a big veggie/fruit lover, so the only time I willingly eat either is on the weekends when we're at my in-laws and then I always have a large salad and some fruit. In the summer I'm better because I shop at a farmers market and I buy fresh produce there, which tastes so much better than off season in the store stuff, in the middle of Michigan winter

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-29-2013 at 03:29 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well geez your UP aren't extravagant on calories at all. so you basically are sticking with a normal menu. not going overboard, just eating what you want.
that is good to know that if I ever switch over and I can just a usual day of food as long as I don't go nutso on it.

thanks!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #41
Established

Quote:
well geez your UP aren't extravagant on calories at all. so you basically are sticking with a normal menu. not going overboard, just eating what you want.
that is good to know that if I ever switch over and I can just a usual day of food as long as I don't go nutso on it.

thanks!!!
Yep, however I definitely will have a cookie (ok cookies lol), dessert, potato chips etc once in a while too This past Sunday was a good example of a more 'fun' UD- I skipped breakfast like normal and then went to the in-laws for lunch. Had a cookie while we were preparing the meal, along with a can of regular Coke Lunch was a large, loaded salad (veggies, pepperoni slices, shredded cheese,`onion crunchies, a hb egg, croutons and then regular Ranch dressing), a small piece of steak from the grill (maybe 4 ounces?), a handful of fries, and then half of an ice cream sandwich for dessert. Now there were rolls but I passed-just didn't feel like having one And I could have had the whole ice cream sandwich, but again, I was pleasantly full and only felt like having half. 6 months ago I would have eaten the whole thing and then grabbed two more cookies on they way out!
And then supper was a 300 calorie buffalo chicken pizza snackers type thing Tomorrow's UD will include a McDonalds lunch (meeting sister and niece there, to celebrate nieces b-day)-I'll eat a Big Mac and fries and not have one bit of guilt about it

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-29-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
My actual numbers are about 320/1600. So I don't have very extravagant UDs, but many of my DDs I keep to about 150 calories and slide those extras over to UDs if I need them. Most UDs days when I'm just eating my regular food like coffee with half and half for breakfast, a greek yogurt and rice cakes or Special K chips for lunch and what ever I fancy for dinner I don't have to worry about going over, but when I eat out I can be sure that I will need a bit more than my 1600. My appetite is not what it use to be and I actually get full on a small amount of food at this point, which is good, since I'm realitively small and don't need to amount of food I previously ate.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mom23
that is what is so appealing. I just read your food list and thought WOW all things I can't touch ever!!!!! that is why my mind is thinking about something a bit more less restrictive when it comes to maintenance for long term.

6 months you would have eaten tons more on that day---but this plan is giving you a more controlled approach. I like that. and you were never denied anything. I like that more lol
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly that is key too. I think alot of people as they go down the scale just don't have that ravenous appetite like they did when heavier. So eventually a normal day of food becomes good enough without the going crazy on cals.

I am thinking because they are more nutrient balanced. better food, less cravings. feeding the body correctly can sure help.