Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Okay here it is please help me (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/795567-okay-here-please-help-me.html)

grammyw/kitties 01-27-2013 05:19 PM

Okay here it is please help me

My dd cal are and shurley these are backwards..exercise3-5 times a week 340 ud are 1698..now if I exercise 1-3 times a week the dd are 383 and the ud are 1914...I have been trying to get in 3-5 at 30 min of walk/run on the treadmill. I have been messing with the same 3 # for a month. It is so depressing when most drop real well. I have tried to keep my encouragement up but no progress is defeating.:confused::dunno:I really feel comfy with the fast,and yes once in awhile I hit 500 cal on a dd. But very seldom go over. I am afraid that I have really messed up my metabalism or something. I take reversatrol and kelp and psylim husks B12any help would be greatly appreciated:help:

Carly 01-27-2013 05:27 PM

How tall are you so I can play with the calculator?

Carly 01-27-2013 05:31 PM

I'm guessing at your height but getting roughly 340/1720. Have you been using those numbers? We suggest to start with no/little exercise and go from there.

jaymar 01-27-2013 06:53 PM

Grammy, I haven't been here long enough to help with how many calories, but Carly and the other long timers will help you with that..when I read your post it made me remember how it was when I first started....it took almost two weeks before much loss showed up on the scales...I was so worried that it wasn't going to work, then I read that it does take a while for the body to adjust..and if you look at all the success in the posts here, I think that's correct...everyone is different.,..it's a process of getting to know your body and what will work for you...try to stay strong, and you'll get some good advice here from the experienced people...hang in there ..I believe it will work for you.:console:

Kissa 01-28-2013 07:53 AM

Most of us don't use the exercise option unless we work out really strenuously. Pat (So Happy, boy I am missing her wisdom!) always made such good sense hen she used to say "Why work so hard to burn calories only to eat them right back?" That always made such good sense to me.

Now, if someone is training for a Marathon that's different, but my Zumba class isn't knocking me out. I just stay within my calorie allowance as written.

Hope we can get this moving for you Grammie.... and enquiring minds need to know about those Kitties, please pretty please?

svenskamae 01-28-2013 10:08 AM

My sympathies, grammyw/kitties. I've also been bouncing up and down the same 3 pounds for 3 weeks. I'm trying to eat to almost exactly what the calculator says (understating exercise) for 6 weeks before tweaking my plan.

I know it can seem like everyone else is losing all the time, but quite a few people go through stalls, too--you aren't alone. People are likely to post about when the scale goes down, and not so much when it just bounces and stays the same, so we can get the false idea that we are the only people who get stuck. Try to hang in there and be patient a while longer.

Flossyliz 01-28-2013 10:10 AM

Grammy, I agree about trying the no-exercise setting.
I also think Pat's point is a good one. Apart from the health benefits of exercise, I see no point in actually trying to burn off calories when your body will do that effortlessly for you once the sirtuin is established. (But then I would say that because I have health issues that prevent me from exercising! :D )

You mention sticking to your DD cals. Are you also staying within your UD allowance?

I'm glad you're comfy with the DDs and I'm sure your body will soon show you that something has been happening all this time. :hugs:

Flossyliz 01-28-2013 10:14 AM

Svenskamae, I'm sure you'll have a visit from the whoosh fairy soon! :console:

Kissa 01-28-2013 10:38 AM

Sending some Fairy Dust to all in need...

grammyw/kitties 01-29-2013 05:39 PM

Thanks to all for all she suggestions. oI do keep with the ud calories that is what is so frusterating. Carly, I am 5'5" so those numbers are about right.I will try to stay strong and as for the kitties...my grandsons dubbed me the grammy with the kitties..We have 5 Scooter and Pepper are the oldest Then I found Baby Blue aty 3 weeks and bottle fed her she is siamese ..Bobbett is about her age abd is part manx, she talks to you, last but not least is Chuck..I also found him at 3 weeks and he was almost frozen..raised and bottle fed him also thus the name..Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.. Thanks again to all. I will keep you all posted

TryingJudd 01-29-2013 05:58 PM

Many, many of us are experiencing long and frustrating stalls. You are definitely not alone though I am sure none of us want to be in this particular club. For me, I think the slow losses are due to peri menopause and because my UDs can be a challenge to control. One I can impact, the other ......not so much. It DOES get frustrating to see others peeling off the pounds while doing the same things we are but we are all faced with our own unique set of challenges. I try and focus on the good things my body offers instead of its penchance to hang on to every ounce for dear life. Some days I have better perspective than others.:dunno:

Carly 01-29-2013 06:04 PM

Yes, so I got 348/1742. I would stick with these and not add in anything for exercise. I agree with Pat (Sohappy). I don't want to eat back what I just worked my butt off burning off. I'm really limited personally with regard to exercise, but if I could Zumba I'd be a happy camper and I wouldn't add it back in if I could help it. Hang in there. It can take time for the scale to catch up with what is going on. Take measurements or occasionally try on some pants that are currently too tight. You will be shocked how the inches are disappearing when the pounds aren't.

Librarygirl 01-29-2013 06:44 PM

Agree with Carly! I am a slow loser too (and I've let everyone know!), but my clothes are fitting so much better and I'm loving seeing the inches go down even when the scale doesn't. I've been at this 2.5 months and just now seeing 188 (down from 198.8 when I started JUDDD). That's an average of just a little over a lb a week. However, I saw most of my losses in the first 2 weeks, and only 4 lbs off since. You may lose a lot one month, nothing the next, gain the next, then whoosh a lot again. It's not usually consistent with JUDDD, as in always going down and never up, but it WILL go down and stay down if you keep at it. :)