Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I would love pretty arms again.
ME. TOO!!!!!! I'm so seriously upset about my arms. I'm really considering plastic surgery. You just have no clue.

I haven't had much scale drop, but inches continue to melt off. It is possible I may be in a 2P in April. I can't account for this unless my skin is tightening up. I bought an eliptical today. It arrives on March 6th. I'm so excited!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
ME. TOO!!!!!! I'm so seriously upset about my arms. I'm really considering plastic surgery. You just have no clue.

I haven't had much scale drop, but inches continue to melt off. It is possible I may be in a 2P in April. I can't account for this unless my skin is tightening up. I bought an eliptical today. It arrives on March 6th. I'm so excited!!!!!
It's AWESOME you're excited about the eliptical, WTG! Fabulous that you're still seeing inches leaving, too.

I can't imagine my arms ever looking nice again. My legs, either. Bluck.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I was looking down at my legs (and tummy) while I was drying off from the shower...pendulous lol...standing still they wobble around like a well-done chicken thigh.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
I don't bulk up by lifting weights, there is just fat over the muscle so those areas I work out seam bigger. honestly, I am one of those people who put fat on every where and pretty evenly. so that means the calf area is large and until I lose the fat my calf's, thighs and butt will look big. it also means that the places I want to lose fat...below the waist is the last to loose. however, my arms although still fat, are getting the he saggy chicken wing look. I have muscles under there, I can see my bicep, but the saggy stuff below is so distressing. I have read so much that toning is a myth. I so hope not, because although the weight is gone I will be saggy. UGG oh well will worry about that when I lose my weight.
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Oh, how I would love nice arms! Even at my lowest weight ever of 126 6 years ago, my arms still looked terrible! Hubby and I and have started going to the gym nightly so I will check out the arm machines. That and abs. My legs are fine except need a bit of toning on the inner thighs but I have always had the least trouble with toning my legs so I'm not worried about them right now. I would kill to wear a sleeveless shirt for once in my life!!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
Start Date: january 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Oh, how I would love nice arms! Even at my lowest weight ever of 126 6 years ago, my arms still looked terrible! Hubby and I and have started going to the gym nightly so I will check out the arm machines. That and abs. My legs are fine except need a bit of toning on the inner thighs but I have always had the least trouble with toning my legs so I'm not worried about them right now. I would kill to wear a sleeveless shirt for once in my life!!
keep us posted on the "nice arm" project. if you find you have hit something that works would love to know what you are doing.
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Well, I just got back from Vegas and I gained 8.5 pounds.

I knew I was not eating right (plus a lot of drinking) when I was there and knew I would gain weight. I thought I would be more upset when I stepped on the scale but all I could think is - this is a WOL not a diet. If I honestly think I will never drink another drink or eat another hamburger I'm kidding myself, the goal is to make that a rare occasion and not and every day thing - I'm in for the long haul.

So it is what it is, I'm back on induction level carbs, I am exercising and learning everyday.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
2f, I'm sorry the news on the scale wasn't good JUDDD is taking new applicants if you want to give it a go. You can stilldo low carb if you want, but there are no restrictions, you could have a glass of wine whenever you want. I don't think I could do Atkins forever either, because I soon as i go over 20 carbs(or even less) I gain weight
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I agree with ^^^ Sher, but you do what works for you. Regardless of the plan, at least 1/2 that weight is water. Drink a TON of water (I'm doing with lemon, and it's working for me) and you'll drop 4-5lbs really quick.

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

(((((2 f, come to the light, come to the liiiiiight)))))

Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
I just realized that this challenge is in the JUDDD link, duh - lol. I was wondering why everyone was talking about it - yes I'm a little dense. I'm sticking with Atkins right now and am anxious to try on my dress. I remember how that belt didn't fit - so tight - I couldn't buckle it without sucking in. I'm still here and moving along and can't wait till April 5. I don't think the dress will look good and will probably have to wait until June/July but I will be able to judge my progress by that BELT! Happy JUDDDing ladies!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #222
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well you've got to stay now Monica, lol.

We'll have you JUDDDing too next!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well you've got to stay now Monica, lol.

We'll have you JUDDDing too next!

2f2f, never did Atkins myself, but I know how my weight would rebound on south beach if I strayed for a bit. The important thing is, YOU'RE BACK and it will all go back down! Rock on girl!!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
OMG, Only 23 days to go!
I am joining the club that would kill to wear sleeveless tops! Aside from getting rid of the arms and thigh flaps, I need a tummy lift, boob lift, butt lift, face lift and the list goes on and on! Then I just say to myself, forget it just get the face done as everything else can be hidden!

I talked this over with a Doctor friend of mine (who is more into aesthetics) and he says you need to give it at least 6 months for the skin to go back into shape. DH, who also knows a lot about these operations and has seen a lot in his field, says scars look worse than the flaps! However, he does admit that Face lift scars can be hidden pretty well but you have to find the right plastic surgeon! And then I think, I'll just grow old gracefully without any cutting and stitching!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
I just realized that this challenge is in the JUDDD link, duh - lol. I was wondering why everyone was talking about it - yes I'm a little dense. I'm sticking with Atkins right now and am anxious to try on my dress. I remember how that belt didn't fit - so tight - I couldn't buckle it without sucking in. I'm still here and moving along and can't wait till April 5. I don't think the dress will look good and will probably have to wait until June/July but I will be able to judge my progress by that BELT! Happy JUDDDing ladies!
Sounds like a plan! That is so funny, you were wondering why everyone was talking about JUDDD heehee. My WL this month is going a little slower than anticipated(or wished for) and I'm afraid my dress choice may be a little over my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
OMG, Only 23 days to go!
I am joining the club that would kill to wear sleeveless tops! Aside from getting rid of the arms and thigh flaps, I need a tummy lift, boob lift, butt lift, face lift and the list goes on and on! Then I just say to myself, forget it just get the face done as everything else can be hidden!

I talked this over with a Doctor friend of mine (who is more into aesthetics) and he says you need to give it at least 6 months for the skin to go back into shape. DH, who also knows a lot about these operations and has seen a lot in his field, says scars look worse than the flaps! However, he does admit that Face lift scars can be hidden pretty well but you have to find the right plastic surgeon! And then I think, I'll just grow old gracefully without any cutting and stitching!
23 days? How much toning can be done in 23 days? Maybe I should start now.
I would like to get in shape, let my skin bounce back(I didn't know the 6 month thing, that is great to know ) and then try to maintain my weight, and make exercise a part of my life. If I could get anything done right now though, it would be botox for my forehead.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG, Only 23 days to go!
You crack me up girl! For the record, I'm with ya! I keep seeing advertisements on tv for some lifestyle lift thing and thinking, "self, you need to check that out, you and your 3 chinnie chin chins!" I keloid, though, so don't think I'll be doing any cosmetic surgeries, despite my poor bod needing a complete overhaul.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

flutter, give it six months after your WL phase, and then re-assess If i could I bet I would do a bunch of other stuff. I have a friend who is 5'2 and 107 lbs. She has had implants, tummy tuck, butt lift(? not sure how that works) she tans year round, and looks terrific. I believe Since I would have to mortgage my house, I probably won't be doing any of these things. But i would love a leg lift if i could afford it. But botox may be neccessary as my children sometimes think I am scowling at them, when I'm not
Old 03-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OMG, Only 23 days to go!

I feel ya- I need a full body lift minus the face... that is still in decent shape. I think there may be some truth to the 6 mos. I've lost mega inches since going into maintenance and I've only lost 2 pounds. I think the skin is really tightening up- thank G-d! It's no where near where it ought to be but it's been less than six weeks of maintenance so I can give it a few more mos...
Then I'm seriously considering plastic surgery for my arms

Last edited by Carly; 03-16-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #229

I've had the face lift, 11 years ago just after I lost most of my weight. Been thinking of putting the girls back up where they belong lately................
Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I've had the face lift, 11 years ago just after I lost most of my weight. Been thinking of putting the girls back up where they belong lately................
I hear you Cindy, but I figure a good bra does that and no one but DW sees me w/o one... but it would be nice, mine look like udders
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Here's the thing with the boob lift...doesn't last
When I had my breast reduction in 2006 - for about 3 years I could go without a bra occasionally if the shirt had a built in something. I didn't do it often, as they were still large (right now I'm in a 36D, have worn anywhere from a 34D/DD to 38D post surgery as they've fluctuated with my weight gain/loss & pregnancy). Which, given that's what I wear NOW, should give you an idea of how big they were before!
Anyhow, as time has passed, despite being overly anal about the quality of bras, etc, they've drooped. They're pretty much the same shape they were before just smaller in their shape.
I'd also second that finding a great surgeon is of vital importance if you want to do surgery. You have to look pretty close but I can still see my scars. No one sees them except the husband but if they were someplace more "public" they would be visible.
Having said all that, I would not go back and undo the decision to have them done. Best. Decision. Ever!!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
But i would love a leg lift if i could afford it. But botox may be neccessary as my children sometimes think I am scowling at them, when I'm not
This cracked me up somehow, must be my warped sense of humor!And I thought, this should be pretty easy Sher, your hubby/partner can do that for you! Botox is not that bad if you can stand the needles! But make sure, you are the first one the day they open the vial. My skin care Nurse has been trying to convince me to do the grooves from my nose to the mouth but I haven't taken the bait yet! Hate needles!
P.S.Did your friend get a P**** lift too? They do that too, you know!

Quote:
I feel ya- I need a full body lift minus the face... that is still in decent shape. I think there may be some truth to the 6 mos. I've lost mega inches since going into maintenance and I've only lost 2 pounds. I think the skin is really tightening up- thank G-d! It's no where near where it ought to be but it's been less than six weeks of maintenance so I can give it a few more mos...
Then I'm seriously considering plastic surgery for my arms
You are a young babe yet! So let the nature take its course!

Quote:
I hear you Cindy, but I figure a good bra does that and no one but DW sees me w/o one... but it would be nice, mine look like udders
Want to exchange with large prunes!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
This cracked me up somehow, must be my warped sense of humor!And I thought, this should be pretty easy Sher, your hubby/partner can do that for you! Botox is not that bad if you can stand the needles! But make sure, you are the first one the day they open the vial. My skin care Nurse has been trying to convince me to do the grooves from my nose to the mouth but I haven't taken the bait yet! Hate needles!

Neither utters or prunes would be my first choice. I know my face will soon be sagging as much as the rest of me
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Inquiring minds want to know...was it painful, how long did it take to recover from surgery & is there a lot of scarring?

I'll be turning 54 next month and I'm sad to say that I've never looked so old in my face, since losing almost 15 lbs. in the last few months.

These next 5 lbs. will most likely just be coming off my boobs & butt, so I'm contemplating calling goal at 140 and just focus on firming up the flab while maintaining.

ETA: I comfortably wore my size 6 jeans out in public over the weekend!

A blogger for Women’s Rights News posted a photo of fuller-figured mannequins from a clothing store in Sweden, and the photo has since gone viral. Rather than having extremely thin waists, arms and legs, the mannequins showcase a little thicker thighs, softer stomachs and a few extra pounds. Typically the average mannequin size in clothing and department stores is a four or six. The average size for American women is 14.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swedish Mannequins facebook.jpg (33.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by SlimNana; 03-18-2013 at 07:02 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #235

I was very lucky I think. I had no pain to speak of. I was 2 nights in hospital and after I wen home didn't take any pain killers at all. I believe I was only on paracetamol while in there.

I was pretty swollen and bruised for a couple of weeks but I didn't let it bother me. I slapped on the make up and went out. If people looked a bit puzzled I simply told them I'd just had a face lift.

I had lost 60 pound in a year and I come from a family prone to double chins. I had the worst wattle.

My surgeon told me beforehand that with so much skin to be removed from my neck he would not be able to make the incisions into my hair. So the scars are on the hair line and visible if I put my hair up. Otherwise just the tiny ones in front of my earlobes.

I was very open about having it done, I told people before I had it done and talk about it openly.

And yes, best decision ever.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

hmmm, JD... if sh did, she has not divulged that info to me ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
Inquiring minds want to know...was it painful, how long did it take to recover from surgery & is there a lot of scarring?

I'll be turning 54 next month and I'm sad to say that I've never looked so old in my face, since losing almost 15 lbs. in the last few months.

These next 5 lbs. will most likely just be coming off my boobs & butt, so I'm contemplating calling goal at 140 and just focus on firming up the flab while maintaining.

ETA: I comfortably wore my size 6 jeans out in public over the weekend!

A blogger for Women’s Rights News posted a photo of fuller-figured mannequins from a clothing store in Sweden, and the photo has since gone viral. Rather than having extremely thin waists, arms and legs, the mannequins showcase a little thicker thighs, softer stomachs and a few extra pounds. Typically the average mannequin size in clothing and department stores is a four or six. The average size for American women is 14.
that mannequin actually looks quite realistic!! and a lot more like my body than any other mannequin I've seen...
Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #237

Getting into some tighter jeans, but not the tightest yet. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was very lucky I think. I had no pain to speak of. I was 2 nights in hospital and after I wen home didn't take any pain killers at all. I believe I was only on paracetamol while in there.

I was pretty swollen and bruised for a couple of weeks but I didn't let it bother me. I slapped on the make up and went out. If people looked a bit puzzled I simply told them I'd just had a face lift.

I had lost 60 pound in a year and I come from a family prone to double chins. I had the worst wattle.

My surgeon told me beforehand that with so much skin to be removed from my neck he would not be able to make the incisions into my hair. So the scars are on the hair line and visible if I put my hair up. Otherwise just the tiny ones in front of my earlobes.

I was very open about having it done, I told people before I had it done and talk about it openly.

And yes, best decision ever.
Kissa, thank you so much for sharing this info so openly! I would be just like you, couldn't be bothered to hide, making up stories and all! When people ask me about weight loss, how much and how etc. I tell them directly what I do, where I log and about this very supportive forum!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
LOL just catching up here, on some very interesting topics

I'm up after my trip last week, so I'm hoping it's just water, and will get back to my lowest weight by/before the 5th of April... I do already fit much better into my original challenge dress, so now I'm focussed on my 2nd one, with the tight arms. I actually have until May to get into that one, so any progress there will just be appreciated

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Cindy, thank you so much for your honesty in sharing such personal details about your surgery & for answering all my questions.

I've recently noticed a turkey wattle that has developed under my chin, and I'm not fond of the idea of accepting it as just part of aging gracefully.

Welcome back Soren! Congrats on wearing your new dress already.

I'm looking forward to Easter, when I can finally wear my old size 6 dress that's been collecting dust in my closet for years waiting for me to be able to fit into.

Can't wait until the 5th of April, to see and hear how much progress everyone has been making over the last couple of months!

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote