Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
This made me LOL because, when we ride (see my goal) we wear tight, white pants and shirts with black wool coats over top. Seriously though - white around horses? In a female predominated sport? Who thought this was a good idea??
I show dairy goats and we too wear white. I understand the reasoning - white - dairy but staying snow white around animals is not easy or even possible. But we don't have to wear the riding tight pants. Thank goodness.

But I think the outfit looks really good on the riders when watching horse events and you will get there.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Weighed in today at 235.5 just .5 shy of my goal. I really was less focused this month - didn't cook and plan as much etc. - I am going to Vegas this weekend and plan on coming back and starting exercising and recommitting in FULL FORCE, I want that dress to fit!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
Weighed in today at 235.5 just .5 shy of my goal. I really was less focused this month - didn't cook and plan as much etc. - I am going to Vegas this weekend and plan on coming back and starting exercising and recommitting in FULL FORCE, I want that dress to fit!
Girl, we got about 36 days! I just realized, I have GOT to start doing some toning
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
If you see the picture of me in my dress - you can clearly see my stomach because the dress is so tight. I really need to kick up the old exercise!

And holy cow - April 5 is only 36 days a way? How did that happen? Seemed so much farther away when I joined this challenge.

Now I'm really getting worried!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Just wanted to stop by to wish you all the best progress for March!

We got this! In like a lion and out like a lamb.

Ann (ending Feb. @ 145 & with very baggy size 8 jeans)
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
If you see the picture of me in my dress - you can clearly see my stomach because the dress is so tight. I really need to kick up the old exercise!

And holy cow - April 5 is only 36 days a way? How did that happen? Seemed so much farther away when I joined this challenge.

Now I'm really getting worried!
Don't get worried!! and you can change your goal outfit-I did. This challenge is about taking a chance, so take a chance on something you normally wouldn't have worn-and if it's that dress-then that is awesome! If not, that's ok too
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
36 days yikes! My plan is to do my Callanetics 10 in 10 DVD (almost) every day, starting in early March. Starting to exercise stalls me. TOM makes me gain/stall for about a week. So I'm going to have them both going on at the same time so I don't feel like I'm going nowhere (yes, I play head games with myself!). Hopefully, if I can do the 10 hours in 11 or 12 days straight, that will really jump start the tightening and toning and help me get into those 16s!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

LCG, I'm going to start exercising too..I am either going to do the 30 day shred(meaning i have to start way early in March if I want to finish by April 5) or go to Planet Fitness, where I have a membership-but have only been to once in the last year. I too am afraid this is going to bulk me up, which i will not be happy about. But I have to do something about this flab, which is very very flabby.my flab has flab. anyway! I'm glad you are startin too, we can motivate each other! And so can 2f.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

You bet, we can cheer each other on! Making myself exercise has always been a challenge for me. Don't like it much. Just don't. But I do like the results.

I seem to have a predilection for old 1980's exercise videos. When I was in HS/college, I loved the original "The Firm" video with Susan Harris. A couple of years ago I found it on DVD and ordered it, so I have that one too. I figure once I've lost maybe 50 more pounds I can do that one. It's pretty strenuous and there's some jogging in place, which I'm not ready for yet! But talk about toning! Whew, I want that again!

We can do it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

yay!! we can do it. For me it's getting started that is half the battle!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #191
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
LCG, I'm going to start exercising too..I am either going to do the 30 day shred(meaning i have to start way early in March if I want to finish by April 5) or go to Planet Fitness, where I have a membership-but have only been to once in the last year. I too am afraid this is going to bulk me up, which i will not be happy about. But I have to do something about this flab, which is very very flabby.my flab has flab. anyway! I'm glad you are startin too, we can motivate each other! And so can 2f.
I'm reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women and there's plenty of evidence that indicates women very rarely gain much bulk, even if they're lifting crazy amounts of weight. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

ok, thanks for that info Dawn . Probably just an excuse I give myself anyway. I was thinking about how I am 26 pounds ligher from when I first started losing weight in Dec. But I am still wearing the same exact clothes, yes they fit way different, but not even one size smaller yet? this is probably because I don't work out. And Also, I have heard that having muscle speeds up your metabolism.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok, thanks for that info Dawn . Probably just an excuse I give myself anyway. I was thinking about how I am 26 pounds ligher from when I first started losing weight in Dec. But I am still wearing the same exact clothes, yes they fit way different, but not even one size smaller yet? this is probably because I don't work out. And Also, I have heard that having muscle speeds up your metabolism.
AND, you're probably wearing them baggy but could go a size smaller? It's hard to get comfortable with more fitted clothes. I'm still uncomfortable if things don't "float" around me to "hide" my size, but I'm realizing that they just make me look bigger than I now am. Come on brain, catch up with body!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I think it's how you lift the weights-- correct me if I'm wrong Dawn, b/c I've not read the book, but I have worked with a number of personal trainers over the years... if you lift higher and higher weights, but for a short number of reps, you will gain some muscle and bulkiness (think, short muscle fibers).

If you keep the weights relatively low (you can move up in numbers, but don't go high) and focus on muscle exhaustion, and doing numerous reps and multiple sets, that generally leads to less bulk, and leaner, long/toned muscles (longer muscle fibers).

I tend to be impatient (a) and b) goal oriented, so I literally have to have someone standing over me preventing me from lifting heavier and heavier weights "because I can" but for short reps. I very easily gain muscle mass, but that's my body type...

So, I focus on isotonic type exercises, using my body's own weight (lunges, squats, pushups, planks, etc), and sometimes use resistance bands, and I do enjoy yoga and pilates, which focus on stretching and toning, but not bulking.

Or, I don't do anything

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Or, I don't do anything

S.

This. Me.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

told ya we're cut from the same cloth!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #197

Quote:
I think it's how you lift the weights-- correct me if I'm wrong Dawn, b/c I've not read the book, but I have worked with a number of personal trainers over the years... if you lift higher and higher weights, but for a short number of reps, you will gain some muscle and bulkiness (think, short muscle fibers).

If you keep the weights relatively low (you can move up in numbers, but don't go high) and focus on muscle exhaustion, and doing numerous reps and multiple sets, that generally leads to less bulk, and leaner, long/toned muscles (longer muscle fibers).

I tend to be impatient (a) and b) goal oriented, so I literally have to have someone standing over me preventing me from lifting heavier and heavier weights "because I can" but for short reps. I very easily gain muscle mass, but that's my body type...

So, I focus on isotonic type exercises, using my body's own weight (lunges, squats, pushups, planks, etc), and sometimes use resistance bands, and I do enjoy yoga and pilates, which focus on stretching and toning, but not bulking.

Or, I don't do anything

S.
Keep in mind, I'm only a few chapters in, but that theory seems to be totally debunked. He repeats several times and in different ways, that you cannot change the shape of your muscles. That's all genetic. He very specifically says there's no way to get longer/leaner or shorter/bulkier muscles. You can tone, and strengthen but it won't lead to big hulking muscles in women unless they're already built that way, IYKWIM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

My calf muscles are already very bulky, don't think I will work them out
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Keep in mind, I'm only a few chapters in, but that theory seems to be totally debunked. He repeats several times and in different ways, that you cannot change the shape of your muscles. That's all genetic. He very specifically says there's no way to get longer/leaner or shorter/bulkier muscles. You can tone, and strengthen but it won't lead to big hulking muscles in women unless they're already built that way, IYKWIM.
INteresting!

Ok, tell us more as you read more.

I know I'm prone to bulking, I've seen it happen. So whatever I can do not to bulk up, is what I try to do
B/c seriously, a girl with 18" guns, bigger than her husband's?
Not. Cute.

(and makes it hard to fit into short sleeves... long sleeves... sleeves. Maybe that's why regardless of my weight, i accepted tank tops? )

S.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
INteresting!

I know I'm prone to bulking, I've seen it happen. So whatever I can do not to bulk up, is what I try to do
Not. Cute.

(and makes it hard to fit into short sleeves... long sleeves... sleeves. Maybe that's why regardless of my weight, i accepted tank tops? )

S.
I feel your pain, but I'm OK with sleeves, I can't wear boots. I have the calves of a linebacker.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

So last night I decided to try on my next size down jeans. The ones I'm wearing now, comfortably and slightly loose, are 20s. They're real jeans, with pockets and a zipper. The 18s I have are elastic waist, so apples to oranges. A couple of weeks ago, they wouldn't go over my hips. Well last night they did. BARELY! But I got them all the way on! They're snug, to understate it, in the hips but the waist seems okay. If I HAD to, I could wear them under a long shirt.

Now I think I might really have a chance to get into those 16s by April 5th. They're not only real jeans, but they're my beloved Levi's that I had to forsake when I got too big. I'm more determined than ever to meet this challenge!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

yea LCG!! Movin' on down!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #203

Quote:
INteresting!

Not. Cute.

S.
If you're prone to bulking, you may be one of the few he mentions. I'll keep reading and see if there's anything in there for your muscle type. Sadly, I only read that book when I'm at the gym on the treadmill (which he's against for weight loss ) and I usually take classes at the gym, so that's sort of few and far between. When I finish my other books I have going, I won't download anything else until I complete New Rules.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I feel your pain, but I'm OK with sleeves, I can't wear boots. I have the calves of a linebacker.
I hear ya-- I finally found some wide width calf boots (online-- zappos doesn't ship to canada anymore but I still find boots here and there, and lane bryant has them too, in some stores and online).

LCG!!!! woo hoo! I've got my 18's in a pile, staring down at me from the top of my closet. I keep trying them on, but they refuse to cooperate.

Dawn, I know what you mean. I have an article I'm sort of reading, in one of the bathrooms in my house, um, sometimes.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
Start Date: january 2014 again

hot-in-texas "I feel your pain, but I'm OK with sleeves, I can't wear boots. I have the calves of a linebacker".

I too have this problem. hate it. but I am sure we are going to get into them soon!
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I haven't picked the exact 4P outfit. Some already fit fine, but a few are snug. I think tommorw I will try some of the spring out fits since I'll need to get stuff washed and ready for Florida on 4/8/13!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds so fun Carly!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I am jealous, Carly! 4P's!!! Crazy tiny woman you are!!!

I am not sure if I have anything to wear for my Florida trip. We leave in 4 weeks and the stuff I was thinking I'd be wearing fits NOW. Hmmm....I may be shopping just before we go.
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had the wardrobe consult yesterday-- and for a lark, I tried on my 2 small dresses.

Well, wouldn't you know it-- even without a shaper, the one that I totally couldn't wear to the Christmas party (it's made of stretchy champagne colored lace over a chocolate background) fit MUCH better! I'd say, wearable with a shaper. I got a lot of compliments (even without the shaper) from my friend and from the wardrobe guy.

The *other* dress, which has weirdly narrow sleeves (for this company? I was like, wth???) is still quite tight, so that is my new focus dress. I want to feel good in that dress, not squeezed like a bloated sausage!

S.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #210

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I would love pretty arms again.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote