Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
Still no weight loss, I am drinking over 2 liters of water a day and staying on plan, and still exercising. I feel bloated and physically do not feel like I have lost 1 inch. I hope I hit my February weightloss goal of 235 but I don't know - there is not much time left and I am at 240 today! Hopefully, March will be better

Hope everyone else is having success! I'm not giving up.
I just want to say you have an awesome attitude! You are doing everything you are supposed to, and I know it must be frustrating! Hang in there. You are on Atkins right now, correct? How much have you lost since you started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
You have plenty of time left! Don't give up!!

I tried on a pair of size 4 jeans yesterday and I almost look presentable in them...just a few more lbs!! I have not tried on the blue shirt yet but I will soon just to see how it looks.
Wow Kismet, that is great!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Tex, you can delete me from the list. There is absolutely no way I will be able to fit in a size 14 by April. I always think I'm going to lose so much more than I actually do lol. I've lost 2 lbs this month and still can't fit into one of my size 18 jeans. Maybe April 2014.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I got into my size 20 jeans yesterday, very comfortably, and wore them all day. They were a bit baggy within an hour (gotta love that stretch). I really hope I can make it to the 16s in a month and a half. I'll be happy if I can just get them on and zipped, whether they're wearable or not. I know that if I can get them on, then comfortable will be right around the corner.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I am not confident of getting to this mini goal. I am still not in most of my 16's, and have one pair of 18 jeans that I can't button yet. I will get there, though!
I think you are going to make this goal by April5th. Just hang in there, you are doing great right now! Stick with you roatations. Let's encourage each other along the way!! I am sooooo nervous about actually wearing a dress out in public-you -have-no-idea! I really really need to start working out my leges are so flabby.(and arms) My dress is pretty much sleeveles.
We have the rest of this month(8 days)
All of March
And then almost a week in April.We can do this, but weare going to have to put some work into it.(at least I am, JUDDD is so easy, that I can get a little lazy. Going to start toning, and sticking to calories-especially on UDs-which tend to get a little bit out of had sometimes lol)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I got into my size 20 jeans yesterday, very comfortably, and wore them all day. They were a bit baggy within an hour (gotta love that stretch). I really hope I can make it to the 16s in a month and a half. I'll be happy if I can just get them on and zipped, whether they're wearable or not. I know that if I can get them on, then comfortable will be right around the corner.
That is AWESOME!! LCG, are you doing anything else besides JUDDD to help you toward the goal-I know you stay lower carb. Are you doing any exercising. I haven't been but sooo need to start.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Yesterday when I went to my lessons I wore a pair of older tan pants. I'd put them away because the zipper wouldnt stay up. Too much pressure from my belly while riding I guess. I was there for almost 4 hours and rode 2 horses, not a single unintended unzip! I'm thrilled!! I may try on my show clothes & see where we're at... I may post pics if I can figure out how & they're decent.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Sher! Yes, I try to stay lower carb, and usually manage to do so most of the day. That said, yesterday I had pizza for lunch and brownies for dessert! In January I started doing Callanetics and I really do love it. I stopped when I had company for a week and haven't started it back, but I need to. I'm not one who loves exercise at all, so it's always been a struggle for me to make myself do it. I will start back again soon though, because I can really see dramatic toning effects from it, and it feels really good.

I totally agree with you too, Sher, that we need to encourage each other along the way. You guys inspire me every single day here, and I wouldn't be doing any of this without you guys! I think you are all fantastic, working so hard, staying on plan, not giving up. Because even if you're struggling right now, it WILL pay off, and soon. Let's hang in there together! We're going to do this!!!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
:You are on Atkins right now, correct? How much have you lost since you started?
I am on Atkins - I started on 1/2/13 at 256.5, today I weighed 240 so I have lost 16 pounds. Before I started exercising I was losing 1 - 2 pounds a week.
I know that I will start losing, I just wish it wasn't taking so long - lol.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Tex, you can delete me from the list. There is absolutely no way I will be able to fit in a size 14 by April. I always think I'm going to lose so much more than I actually do lol. I've lost 2 lbs this month and still can't fit into one of my size 18 jeans. Maybe April 2014.
I posted the below before I read the above Are you sure you want me to delete you from the list? You could change your goal to fit comfortably in those size 18s that won't button-or fit comfortably in one of the 16s that are tight...Just really think it helps to have an attainable goal. Or I can cross you off, but just wanted to make sure you don't want to change your goal

Quote:
I think you are going to make this goal by April5th. Just hang in there, you are doing great right now! Stick with you roatations. Let's encourage each other along the way!! I am sooooo nervous about actually wearing a dress out in public-you -have-no-idea! I really really need to start working out my leges are so flabby.(and arms) My dress is pretty much sleeveles.
All of March
And then almost a week in April.We can do this, but weare going to have to put some work into it.(at least I am, JUDDD is so easy, that I can get a little lazy. Going to start toning, and sticking to calories-especially on UDs-which tend to get a little bit out of had sometimes lol)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Yesterday when I went to my lessons I wore a pair of older tan pants. I'd put them away because the zipper wouldnt stay up. Too much pressure from my belly while riding I guess. I was there for almost 4 hours and rode 2 horses, not a single unintended unzip! I'm thrilled!! I may try on my show clothes & see where we're at... I may post pics if I can figure out how & they're decent.
yes-post some pics-you are doing great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Thanks Sher! Yes, I try to stay lower carb, and usually manage to do so most of the day. That said, yesterday I had pizza for lunch and brownies for dessert! In January I started doing Callanetics and I really do love it. I stopped when I had company for a week and haven't started it back, but I need to. I'm not one who loves exercise at all, so it's always been a struggle for me to make myself do it. I will start back again soon though, because I can really see dramatic toning effects from it, and it feels really good.

I totally agree with you too, Sher, that we need to encourage each other along the way. You guys inspire me every single day here, and I wouldn't be doing any of this without you guys! I think you are all fantastic, working so hard, staying on plan, not giving up. Because even if you're struggling right now, it WILL pay off, and soon. Let's hang in there together! We're going to do this!!!
you have been a wonderful encourager LCG! I am going to start exercising. I have the 30 day shred, but I was wondering if you have to have any special equipment for cllanetics?

Quote:
I am on Atkins - I started on 1/2/13 at 256.5, today I weighed 240 so I have lost 16 pounds. Before I started exercising I was losing 1 - 2 pounds a week.
I know that I will start losing, I just wish it wasn't taking so long - lol.
Sounds like you have done well on Atkins. I did Atkins too, for about a month, but I noticed that after a month I started to stall, so I decided to do JUDDD. It has worked well, and got me out of the stall
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
you have been a wonderful encourager LCG! I am going to start exercising. I have the 30 day shred, but I was wondering if you have to have any special equipment for cllanetics?
Aww, thanks! I feel like I've only given back a small proportion of what I've received. You are a wonderful encourager, and so positive!

You don't need anything for the Callanetics. They do use a ballet barre in the video (at least the one I have, which is 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours) but you don't need one. I use a chair, or even a countertop for that part.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
I posted the below before I read the above Are you sure you want me to delete you from the list? You could change your goal to fit comfortably in those size 18s that won't button-or fit comfortably in one of the 16s that are tight...Just really think it helps to have an attainable goal. Or I can cross you off, but just wanted to make sure you don't want to change your goal
I agree with this, and was going to say so. (I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning. Not enough coffee, too many mind numbing episodes of Thomas the Train.)

I think, for me, its really really important to have a goal. Even if its modified, etc, you still have a target you're working towards.

These boards and challenges keep me motivated throughout the day, even when I'm not online. Of course, everyone's internal motivation varies but I'd hate to see you drop out. Rock those 18s like no-one's business!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
All of March
There isn't any way in the world. I would have to lose at least 20 lbs to get into those jeans, and it's 7 weeks away? LMAO!!! I wish I could laugh it off LOL! Just take me off the list, please. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, I'll chime in and agree with Sher and Jen too, Cindy. I hope you don't drop out. Unless you feel the pressure of the challenge will derail you somehow, then, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I joined the Valentines Day challenge and nowhere near made my goal, but it was a supportive place to post about our hopes and what we were doing to achieve them, whether we did or not.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
It is always possible to adjust your goal...I did, and didn't get any grief for it.
Awfully loving and adaptable support group here.
If you are certain you won't make the first far-out goal you set, why not make a smaller goal that you can work toward? A blouse or dress that is too tight across the chest with straining buttons? A pair of jeans that won't quite button today, but close?
I have found for myself that tiny increments are the way to go. I completely give up on and ignore a point too far off or too high up. I may not be able to climb the whole ladder, but I can keep trying to get one foot up on the next rung.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012

Well said Blou! I like small, tiny, goals. Achievable ones-- like, no UUADs this week.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

I just don't feel like posting a certain goal like this. I find it challenging enough just weighing in every day. I *am* fitting into my smaller clothes, little by little. I don't need to focus on any one certain outfit to make it easier or more fun to lose. Sorry, just not feeling it today. Love ya!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Me-dress(size extra large, looks like large though)
Rebecca-cool long shirt
Nancy-TBD
Mom23-7/8 dress, or smaller:-)
Nana-size 6 jeans with a tucked in short sleeved T-shirt
Carly-size 4P, comfortably
Sunday-TBD
Mella-pair of jeans ordered online
Flutter-capris/shorts (I added you, i hope you don't mind!)
Demonica-size 6 jeans
Trying Juddd-chic size 10 navy pant suit
Yennie-white riding breeches and wool coat to ride in
Kgirlpure-size 10 jean
Calichris-size smaller dress
Debra-size smaller top and pants, possibly capris
Kissa-her tiniest jeans
Sven-increase weights to 10 lbs
2f2f-adorable dress 2 sizes smaller
Rosey-special pair of size 12 jeans
LowCarbGal-size 16 Levis
Kismet-size 4 pants, beautiful blue shirt
Brehede-pre children work clothes
Soren-1x dress, possibly size 18 pants
Jdforshort-size small top
Flossy- Bench tunic
LadyKT-Size 8 stuff she already has-fit COMFORTABLY
B Lou-Stretchy gray dress/tunic and size 10 jeans
Giggles-beautiful cream dress
Wantobeslim-UK size 16 jeans
Majella-purple wrap dress
JD-size small black and red tunic with black leggings[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post

Well said Blou! I like small, tiny, goals. Achievable ones-- like, no UUADs this week.
Or, like, get in one day of exercise, sometime, this year
Old 02-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Or, like, get in one day of exercise, sometime, this year

No, that's way too much for me. I think I have to work up to that
Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
Start Date: June 2013
Hey guys I'm 2lbs lighter and I feel very positive this time around...somehow! I was going through my wardrobe this morning and realized I have a lot of jeans I'd love to fit back into, they used to fit 8 months ago so I'm hoping i'll be able to get into them in a month or so.

Well done Yennie, that must have felt great! I've been out and about a few times when a button went flying and I had to buy safety pins to hold it up or pull my top down very far and I've even had to wear my coat closed all day because even the safety pin kept coming undone!!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Still chugging along. I've really kicked up the exercise and am hopeful that I will eventually start dropping some pounds and inches. I'm not going to weigh and measure myself again until February 28 - because the daily weighing and no losing is driving me insane! Hopeful for a big surprise next Thursday!

Exercise today:
4:45 am - 20 Minute Turbo Jam Video
11:30 am - 40 Minute Walk on the Treadmill (Horrible Bosses is playing at the gym today)
5:00 pm - 1 Hour Callnetics
8:00 pm - Volleyball (1st games of the season!)

Menu:
B: 2 Boiled eggs (no yolks - yuck), 4 pieces of bacon
L: Baked pork chop, 1 cup broccoli & cauliflower mix
D: Grilled chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup alfredo sauce
S: 1 boiled egg, 3 slices of pepperoni
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I'm just plugging along - it is nice to see the challenge team is making some progress!! KUTGW!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

2f2f?? wow, that is a lot of exercise!! I'm impressed!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
2f2f?? wow, that is a lot of exercise!! I'm impressed!

The waking up early and doing Turbo Jam is easy - it is a super fun video and it's only 20 minutes long - probably the fastest 20 minutes ever! I put the exercise into a calorie burn calculator and for a person my size it says I'm burning about 361 calories!

The treadmill is also easy. I just go for 40 minutes during my lunch hour and watch a movie. I'm not going at break neck speeds or anything about 3.5 mph, no incline.

I play on 1 volleyball league and 2 softball leagues. They are so much fun I don't even count them as exercise.

The Callnetics - is an entirely different story. I don't particularly like it. If it wasn't for those darn amazing before and after photos I have seen on this site I wouldn't even do it. I have to FORCE myself to put in the video. It is dated and boring and I would rather do anything in the world besides that video. I will have a constent battle with myself all evening.....do the video.....I don't want to do the video........do the video (one side will definately win!). Secretly I'm hoping the do the video side wins, but the don't do the video side is much stronger!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

lol! I have been thinking about purchasing the callanetics dvd myself. But first I have to do the 30 day shredd, I can't just keep buing DVDs and getting gym memberships, and then not doing them!! I have wasted a lot of money this way.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Sher - I have about 10 exercise videos - I bough Callanetics 3 years ago and just took the plastic wrapper off on February 13 - BTW - I forced myself to do the video last night, so I'm happy about that.

I also own 30 day shred, it's in the video cabinet somewhere. Oh and about 3 walk away the pounds videos, and what else??????????????

My favorite is Turbo Jam - it's really a lot of fun, I can't remember when I got it or how much I paid for it and in the past I used it 1 time. So this is the most use I have gotten out of it (3 days in a row) - It's a two DVD set with 6 workouts.

I don't pay for a gym membership. My co-worker has a membership at Gold's Gym that is in our work building. She get's to bring guests for free and she is a hard core exerciser - so she goes every day and lets me tag along. Which is super nice of her.

Todays Exercise:
20 Min Turbo Jam
40 Min Treadmill
Softball game

Menu:
B: Boiled eggs, bacon
L: 4 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup alfredo sauce
D: Low carb Sheppard's Pie
S: Almonds
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sher - I have about 10 exercise videos - I bough Callanetics 3 years ago and just took the plastic wrapper off on February 13 - BTW - I forced myself to do the video last night, so I'm happy about that.

I also own 30 day shred, it's in the video cabinet somewhere. Oh and about 3 walk away the pounds videos, and what else??????????????

My favorite is Turbo Jam - it's really a lot of fun, I can't remember when I got it or how much I paid for it and in the past I used it 1 time. So this is the most use I have gotten out of it (3 days in a row) - It's a two DVD set with 6 workouts.

I don't pay for a gym membership. My co-worker has a membership at Gold's Gym that is in our work building. She get's to bring guests for free and she is a hard core exerciser - so she goes every day and lets me tag along. Which is super nice of her.

Todays Exercise:
20 Min Turbo Jam
40 Min Treadmill
Softball game

Menu:
B: Boiled eggs, bacon
L: 4 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup alfredo sauce
D: Low carb Sheppard's Pie
S: Almonds
Don't give me any ideas on the Turbo Jam, I'm covering my ears and singing, la la la.
Wow, what an awesome co-worker-and what an awesome gym!
was wondering if you had ever considered JUDDD? Some people doit low carb.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

No I have never even heard of JUDDD until I came to this board - still have no idea what it is, I just see JUDDD in posters profile section under WOE. I may check it out if I don't start losing.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No I have never even heard of JUDDD until I came to this board - still have no idea what it is, I just see JUDDD in posters profile section under WOE. I may check it out if I don't start losing.
not to push (no, seriously, do what works for you) but here's a great sticky post that explains it all... It was hard for me to wrap my head around after 8+yrs of low carb, but since you can do whatever methodology you like, as long as you track calories, you don't actually have to give anything up!

WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, I'll check into it.