Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Any vegans? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/795512-any-vegans.html)

Lychee 01-26-2013 09:04 PM

Any vegans?

I'm one. Would love to see if there's anyone else. :)
I'm also (ideally) grain free, legume free (except for shirataki noodles and braggs aminos), vegetable oil free, high raw. I'm not perfect, but this is what feels best and I try to stick to it as best I can.

RebeccaSimpson 01-27-2013 02:49 AM

Hi Lychee

I'm a vegan and high raw. Try to be gluten free as good as possible :)
Just seen that your start weight is my goal hehe you must be rather tiny?
Good luck with your weight loss, we can do it!

tofucheez 01-27-2013 04:27 AM

Oh wonderful! Another high raw vegan here!

Lychee 01-27-2013 07:13 PM

Woohoooo! So excited. Share with me. What do you like to do for DDs? I'm trying to be raw this week for UDs and have lots of smoothies, and then have cooked veggies and maybe some shirataki noodles for just one big meal on DDs. I've tried making vegetable soup, but somehow this wasn't my favorite DD thing. I also considered just fasting completely on down days or at least some down days, but having just one meal that I can get a big plate of something out of is sooooo much better than NOTHING.

Finme 01-27-2013 07:17 PM

I'm eating vegan right now. Also gluten free. Fermented soy only, and very little. I am doing this because I am trying to heal my GI tract. (I don't tolerate meat, most grains, most dairy, or eggs.) I do occassionally eat a little honey and I know that isn't strictly vegan.

Finme 01-27-2013 07:25 PM

I have only been JUDDDing for a week and decided to turn my DD into liquid fast days. I would do fruit juices but my juicer is broken. And besides, I'm not sure how much juice I could actually drink before meeting my DD calories since juices are high in calories. I have been drinking coconut water and that started hard but my last DD was really easy. Maybe it was a fluke. I dunno. I have been thinking of trying a DD meal of almond milk/chia seeds.

Lychee 01-27-2013 07:44 PM

I'm not afraid of carbs or fruit sugar at all, but funding that if I'm just going to eat a teeny amount of calories it's best to stay away from sweet. Even if I'm just cleaning up my daughters high chair and eat a few berries, I'll be so much hungrier than if I had just eaten nothing until late afternoon, which is my usual DD thing.

My first few DDs I just had an entire half gallon of unsweetened almond milk which is just 240 calories, plus some tiny bits of this and that. (My DDs are supposed to be around 350)

Finme 01-27-2013 08:49 PM

So do you recommend almond milk for a DD? I'm also looking for ways to boost my average weekly protein and calcium levels, and since DD do effect the weekly average, I can't afford to spend my DD calories on the 100% carb coconut water beverages anymore.

Lychee 01-27-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finme (Post 16223646)
So do you recommend almond milk for a DD? I'm also looking for ways to boost my average weekly protein and calcium levels, and since DD do effect the weekly average, I can't afford to spend my DD calories on the 100% carb coconut water beverages anymore.

I liked the unsweetened almond milk for DDs a lot. But after I had it several times, I didn't want it anymore. You won't want the shirataki noodles, because they contain tofu, but a big mess of roasted vegetables, using minimal if any oil is good, I think, because it gives you lots of flavor, fiber and bulk but not a lot of calories. A big plate of sliced raw veggies is good too, but that feels less comforting to me.

And my number one go to thing for down days if I'm feeling hungry is hot water with lemon juice and a bit of stevia. Cuts the hunger really well and warms me up, since it's cold outside (and in my house.)

RebeccaSimpson 01-28-2013 01:45 AM

I actually wanted to fast on green juices on my DDs but I found out about Kimberly Snyders new program "Glowing Lean System" and signed up for it. I'm a fan of her book and how she sees the way of eating. It's basically how I want to eat. I haven't looked into the program yet but will do so today and then see if I follow strictly her way, or if I can combine juddd with it. I will do 1 to 2 green juice fast days a week for sure.

Finme 01-28-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lychee (Post 16223651)
I liked the unsweetened almond milk for DDs a lot. But after I had it several times, I didn't want it anymore. You won't want the shirataki noodles, because they contain tofu, but a big mess of roasted vegetables, using minimal if any oil is good, I think, because it gives you lots of flavor, fiber and bulk but not a lot of calories. A big plate of sliced raw veggies is good too, but that feels less comforting to me.

And my number one go to thing for down days if I'm feeling hungry is hot water with lemon juice and a bit of stevia. Cuts the hunger really well and warms me up, since it's cold outside (and in my house.)

I may try the almond milk today.

Finme 01-28-2013 05:12 AM

Never mind, I found it. But I would be interested to hear what you have learned so far and what the steps are like. She didn't go into a lot of detail in the video but it sounds like she teaches to eat a plant based diet, eliminate processed foods, and cleanse (presumably with fresh juices). I'm familiar with much of this already. Just wondering what she says that may be different.

Carly 01-30-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lychee (Post 16223651)

I'm pretty sure that the miracle noodles carried by netrition do not contain tofu. If you are interested.

RebeccaSimpson 01-31-2013 06:21 AM

Finme has sadly left the forum but we are keeping in touch via e-mail to support each other. we are both very excited about the glowing lean program.
I try to follow GL as good as I can and feel really good. The other day I had a bit to many nuts but didn't stress about it. I had a really bad head ache and just needed something!
Tomorrow will be a DD, which means a Juice day. I hope I don't have a business lunch meeting.... If so I'll eat some salad.