Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Friday - who's with me? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/795356-dd-friday-whos-me.html)

LoCarbGal 01-25-2013 07:19 AM

DD Friday - who's with me?
 
B: Coffee w/HWC
L: Hot tea, or broth if needed
D: Tilapia fillet browned in butter/olive oil

I was going to have a bacon day, but that's not happening today. Maybe Sunday will be all bacon, all the time.

adillenal 01-25-2013 07:28 AM

DD
B - 1 egg with SF marmalade, coffee with HWC (140)
L - broth/potato (200)
D - broth/HB egg (80)

hot-in-texas 01-25-2013 07:34 AM

:hiya:me!
so far, just sleigh ride sugar cookie hot tea

zagnut 01-25-2013 07:43 AM

I'm with ya! :hiya:
Coffee and almond milk all day (30)
fasting until about 7-8pm then
salad with chicken or tuna (200)
will probably have my nightly peanut butter/cocoa drink before bed (100)

I heard the price of bacon skyrocketed? :cry:

Luv2Eat 01-25-2013 08:13 AM

Howdy, Ya'll, am with ya too! :hiya:

Coffee.
Ate a couple of small spice cookies, my first cheat on a dd :o Oh well, my tummy feels better now.
Today will be the same as always:
Boiled egg white
Scandinavian crispbread with WF pnut butter and marshmallow dip
Magic pop strawberry with marshmallow dip
Mango/peach flavored gummies
Sugar free Coke
Lettuce dipped in WF Ginger salad dressing

Tomorrow starts my day of extreme eating, am going on my first cruise! No worries, with JUDDD, I'll be back on track in no time :heart:

SlimNana 01-25-2013 08:27 AM

DD 500 Max

9:00 Coffee, non-dairy creamer, 1/2 Quest protein bar
1:00 Chick-fil-A southwest chargrilled chicken salad
5:00 Turkey broth cabbage & carrot slaw soup
9:00 Diet Hot cocoa

:)

LoCarbGal 01-25-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16218460)
B: Coffee w/HWC
L: Hot tea, or broth if needed
D: Tilapia fillet browned in butter/olive oil

I was going to have a bacon day, but that's not happening today. Maybe Sunday will be all bacon, all the time.

Okay, I've changed my plan. I am doing a bacon day today afterall. I was afraid the tilapia wouldn't be enough to satisfy me tonight. Since family is having it tonight, I'll have it for lunch tomorrow on UD. I've had my coffee and a cup of tea. I'm going to try the microwave for my bacon today. Thanks guys for your tips on that!

Yennie 01-25-2013 08:57 AM

First DD feeling semi-human as I think I'm finally seeing the back end of this flu. Yikes!
B: coffee black w/ 1 Splenda
(waiting as long as I can)
L/S: Vanilla protein smoothie (110 c, 20g protein to keep me full...I hope)
D: Beef chuck roast in the crock pot, steamed or roasted veggies +/- potato prepared in some fashion (aiming for around 350)
Tea & water!

Librarygirl 01-25-2013 09:21 AM

:hiya:

B-tea w/2 t sugar, 1 t cream (47)

L-1.5 oz chicken, 4 pickles, tiny piece of cheese (70)

Broth and scq if needed!! :)

D- WENDY'S chili!! :clap:

jaymar 01-25-2013 10:16 AM

:)I'm having a potato day..so far, so good..but I am curious about the Bacon day.. I'm afraid I would want to eat a pound in a day...does it keep you from being hungry? , and do you lose on it?...just wondered cause it sure sounds good to me right now...maybe tomorrow.

JayLynn 01-25-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16218596)
Howdy, Ya'll, am with ya too! :hiya:

Coffee.
Ate a couple of small spice cookies, my first cheat on a dd :o Oh well, my tummy feels better now.
Today will be the same as always:
Boiled egg white
Scandinavian crispbread with WF pnut butter and marshmallow dip
Magic pop strawberry with marshmallow dip
Mango/peach flavored gummies
Sugar free Coke
Lettuce dipped in WF Ginger salad dressing

Tomorrow starts my day of extreme eating, am going on my first cruise! No worries, with JUDDD, I'll be back on track in no time :heart:

How exciting Luv!! I've traveled a lot but never taken a cruise. Its on my list though. Make sure you tell us all about it when you return!
:hugs:

For me B - just black coffee and lots of water L - HB egg 1 bacon D - broth, green salad, vinaigrette S - celery radishes cauliflower, maybe SF jello, lots of water all day

about 200 calories!

Lilybell 01-25-2013 11:28 AM

DD here. Got up late so skipped breakfast. My homemade veggie soup for lunch and supper and protein shake at four (my hungry time)....

Eieio 01-25-2013 11:44 AM

B. coffee-broth
L. Cottage cheese, half apple
D. lettuce-tuna-egg whites, celery- half apple
Snack- Broth?

Flutter 01-25-2013 11:44 AM

so far just coffee. My teeth, fingers and toes are frozen. Have to go back out in to the slippery, frozen tundra to pick kids up now, too. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Luv2Eat 01-25-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16218937)
How exciting Luv!! I've traveled a lot but never taken a cruise. Its on my list though. Make sure you tell us all about it when you return!
:hugs:

For me B - just black coffee and lots of water L - HB egg 1 bacon D - broth, green salad, vinaigrette S - celery radishes cauliflower, maybe SF jello, lots of water all day

about 200 calories!

Will be sure to report back :up:

LoCarbGal 01-25-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymar (Post 16218905)
:)I'm having a potato day..so far, so good..but I am curious about the Bacon day.. I'm afraid I would want to eat a pound in a day...does it keep you from being hungry? , and do you lose on it?...just wondered cause it sure sounds good to me right now...maybe tomorrow.

I actually lose pretty well when doing bacon days, or even egg days. It's kind of a mini fat-fast ala Atkins. Amazingly, you get quite a lot of bacon for the amount of calories. For instance, I can have a little over 2 oz of cooked bacon, a 100 calorie cup of coffee & cream, all for around 420 calories. I cooked a pound of bacon this morning, blotted it as usual, then weighed the result and it was 4.15 oz. So I'm eating 1/2 pound of bacon today! YUM!

Luv, have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Flutter 01-25-2013 12:52 PM

Ooooh a cruise!!! Have fun & soak up some warm sunshine for the rest of us, ok, Luv? color me VERY jealous!

KeirasMom 01-25-2013 01:17 PM

Can't wait to hear about your cruise Luv! We're going on one at the end of July, if everything works out right.

B: Tazo Awake tea
L: Small Wendy's chili with O'Brother That's Hot! sauce (210)
D: Fish and veggies?

jaymar 01-25-2013 02:15 PM

Enjoy your cruise..and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back....Locarbgal...thanks for the info on the bacon..tomorrow is going to be a better day cause I love bacon..:lol:

Yennie 01-25-2013 02:50 PM

Ug, I went to Costco at "lunch" - I should get bonus points for passing on all the samples. Bad idea.
Hanging in there with just coffee, tea & water so far. At this point I feel like I should just wait til I'm home & have that much more yummy-ness for dinner. We'll see if I can make it, still have the protein shake in reserve...

Librarygirl 01-25-2013 03:33 PM

I've had a good DD for a change. ;) No unmanageable hunger, and still at under 300. I have chili on hold for later...will definitely not go over 500. :)

Flutter 01-25-2013 03:36 PM

Awesome Cindy!

Yennie, yea, I know what that Costco on a DD is like. Ugh!

Still holding at coffee, hot tea & 1 dove strawberry cream chocolate so far. However, I did just order pizza for the family. I *could* eat a piece and still only be at 269 for the day. I just might! :)

Librarygirl 01-25-2013 03:41 PM

strawberry cream chocolate?!! Oh lord I need to try that! :D I saw my favorite ice cream in the store (pineapple coconut) but did not buy it. It is even too costly for UD's!! Well, I might have to buy some again, sometime. ;)

Flutter 01-25-2013 07:55 PM

Mmm yep, dove strawberry cream hearts. :) I love the strawberry cream filled hearts this time of year and thought the mini dove ones would be a better calorie option. LOL!

I did have the slice of pizza (but didn't eat the crust, my dog did!). I figure I'm at about 250 for the day. Not bad & I am SO ready for bed!

Lychee 01-25-2013 08:34 PM

I had coffee which I never drink in the morning and it irritated my stomach to the point that I threw up. Blech. Then I had five hundred calories of peanut butter because I was feeling so weak. It did make me feel better. That was supposed to be it for the day but then I had an orange and a half in he afternoon sons little over. Oh well. Tomorrow I'll have a nice up day and weigh in for the week.

Yennie 01-25-2013 08:43 PM

Lychee, so sorry to hear that! I think I over did it on the caffeine today too without some food to soak it up. I was pretty shaky & nauseous at one point today as well. I thought I was going to be ill.
Today was my first mostly normal DD since I was sick for the first 2. It was tough! I think we're learning a lot about ourselves on this journey. But I've seen the scale move so I'm motivated to stick with it. I think I'm gonna try for a "normal" day tomorrow...3 meals & not saving my cals for a big gorge fest in one sitting. I did that yesterday & it was glorious but I suspect I will need something different tomorrow.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 PM.