Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Enjoy the journey~

Ya know, I've had a lot of people tell me to "Enjoy the Journey." And to be honest, that has been pretty hard to do. But I'm learning to do it. I used to think how can I enjoy life when I'm morbidly obese, have loose skin everywhere, giving up food I used to love and rely on, stuck in the gym trying desperately to burn off as many calories as I can? It's almost like one of those statements where a model tells you to love your body. My automatic response (especially when I was larger) was well that's easy for you to say.

But in regards to the journey, I'm learning for one that the journey really never ends. Sure there are goals along the way. Sometimes HUGE GOALS that we strive for years. But ultimately, there should always be another goal on the horizon to aim for. Becoming complacent is a dangerous thing. If you're not moving forward, you're more than likely slipping backwards.

I'm learning a little more everyday what "Enjoy the Journey" really means. I'm beginning to enjoy the working out, the eating healthier food, the change I see in the photos, the smaller clothes, the results from working hard this past year... all that has been highlights of this journey. It's definitely a roller coaster ride with it's ups and downs.

If you get discouraged when someone says, enjoy the journey, I hope this encourages you. What you're doing is ultimately bettering yourself, and that's something that shouldn't be seen as torture or as punishment. It's a blessing, an opportunity, and a privilege!!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow, Kimberly you leave me speechless. Thank you, you wonderful woman.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
What a sane perspective, Kimberly! I'm going to try to keep that perspective in mind, especially since my losses on JUDDD are pretty minimal lately. But I do appreciate feeling good on JUDDD, having a plan for how much and what to eat (so relative peace of mind about food), am enjoying working out and getting stronger, feel more comfortable in my body than I used to feel, and appreciate the support that I get on this board. So that's a lot to enjoy, even when the scale isn't dropping.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kim, wise woman.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Thanks so much Kim for sharing your words of wisdom with us! Sounds like you've finally found the peace of mind & body we all desire.

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
LOve this!

Your beauty shines through in your words to everyone. Thank you for your good thoughts!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #7

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Beautiful, and oh so true!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
That's a great reminder. We are all so goal oriented, I know I am, that I allow the scale to be the measure of the effort when there are so many other things to consider. The scale is still of primary importance to me and the reason I JUDDD but other things count as well.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Wow, Kimberly! You Wise, Wise Woman! That was so great for me to come here and read today.

It made me think that I DO enjoy the journey but sometimes feel like I'm on a very bumpy road. It's like, I love flying in airplanes....except when there is lots of turbulence. Then? Not so much.

I'm so glad it's January. That is a great time to focus again on goals. No matter what else is going on in life, having goals helps to ground us and give us hope for a better future.

Thanks for making me smile today!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Awesome Kimberly! Thank you for sharing this! This helps a lot!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Ya know, I've had a lot of people tell me to "Enjoy the Journey." And to be honest, that has been pretty hard to do. But I'm learning to do it. I used to think how can I enjoy life when I'm morbidly obese, have loose skin everywhere, giving up food I used to love and rely on, stuck in the gym trying desperately to burn off as many calories as I can? It's almost like one of those statements where a model tells you to love your body. My automatic response (especially when I was larger) was well that's easy for you to say.

But in regards to the journey, I'm learning for one that the journey really never ends. Sure there are goals along the way. Sometimes HUGE GOALS that we strive for years. But ultimately, there should always be another goal on the horizon to aim for. Becoming complacent is a dangerous thing. If you're not moving forward, you're more than likely slipping backwards.

I'm learning a little more everyday what "Enjoy the Journey" really means. I'm beginning to enjoy the working out, the eating healthier food, the change I see in the photos, the smaller clothes, the results from working hard this past year... all that has been highlights of this journey. It's definitely a roller coaster ride with it's ups and downs.

If you get discouraged when someone says, enjoy the journey, I hope this encourages you. What you're doing is ultimately bettering yourself, and that's something that shouldn't be seen as torture or as punishment. It's a blessing, an opportunity, and a privilege!!

Well said!! Thank you for this reminder and the added inspiration!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #12

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Kimberly, thank you for these words of wisdom.

I shared in another thread that I'm struggling with goals. I used to have amazing goals. I was great at visualizing my goals. I would lie in bed at night and visualize my life when I finally achieved my goals. And it would make me feel good to know that the stuff I did that day was going to get me to reach my goals in the future.

And then I achieved my goals. And now I have no goals. Well, I do, but they're small. They're not the "lose 100 pounds and look fantastic and fit into a size 12" type goals. They're "lost ten more pounds and tone up and fit into size 10" type goals. Not much power in the visualization department.

I was so focused on the destination that I forgot about the journey.

I need to think on this some more. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #13

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow, Kimberly. What a beautiful post and wonderful message. It's funny, I have been thinking lately about this weight loss journey. I found myself musing about how it's not coming off fast enough, and when will I ever get to my goal weight. Thinking about the fact that I will be in weight loss mode for a good year yet, and I've been on it a whole year (this coming Sunday) already.

And then I realized, while I would love nothing more than to be thin right now, I'm probably not quite mentally prepared for it. There's something about losing the weight, seeing it come off, slowly but surely, that makes me stronger and stronger. I know if I can do this, I can do anything I choose to do. I realized that I am getting to know my body all over again. I'm seeing the rolls getting smaller and disappearing, and the curves re-emerging. I need to see this happening slowly, because it is hard earned. And it's a delight every time a new realization hits. Like "I can get up out of a chair and not groan." or "I can go up and down the step stool 50 times while I'm cleaning or decorating, and I won't be miserable tomorrow." Or even how much slimmer I look, even though I'm still quite a ways from goal.

You're right, this is a journey. This is our life. It's not just a time of "limbo" while we're waiting for our perfect size, or body. We have people who love us and depend on us - even right here on this board - just the way we are right now. I'm so glad you articulated this thought for us all to comtemplate.

Thank you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Kimberly, What you said was wonderful.

The part about it being so hard to do sometimes resonated with me. I remember someone here writing that quote about being fat is hard and losing weight is hard.....pick your "hard". So much truth in few words, and it really boils down to the choices we make.

Even at goal, we still must get up every day and make the right choices to continue. So, like you said, the journey never ends. Coming here can really help with this!

May we all continue to enjoy our journey so we can keep having the blessing and privileges you spoke of.......Cause WE chose to!

Thanks again for new dose of inspiration!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:52 AM   #15

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Phyl you are right, it was an inspirational post. Well put.

I used to have that in my Siggie, about the choose your hard, lol. But it is so very, very true.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Kimberly, What you said was wonderful.

The part about it being so hard to do sometimes resonated with me. I remember someone here writing that quote about being fat is hard and losing weight is hard.....pick your "hard". So much truth in few words, and it really boils down to the choices we make.

Even at goal, we still must get up every day and make the right choices to continue. So, like you said, the journey never ends. Coming here can really help with this!

May we all continue to enjoy our journey so we can keep having the blessing and privileges you spoke of.......Cause WE chose to!

Thanks again for new dose of inspiration!!!

Phyl
Yes. We chose to! love this post!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thank you Kimberly for your wise words. I want the journey to always continue. I don't ever want to feel like a finished product. Goals do change over time and at this point in my life I've battled most of my "challenges" and have won, but I don't ever want to stop learning and growing. In my mind the end of the journey signifies the end of living and I'm not anywhere ready for that!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
What a wonderful message Kimberley - and such beautiful and wise responses too!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thank you for the thoughtful post. Even when one reaches or is close to goal it is a daily challenge to maintain! I have gotten to a low weight many times, but then find myself needing to lose some extra pounds again and not really sure where they came from!!

This group is so wonderful that it definitely helps the challenges we face. We are not ever alone.

Hugs
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post

I am so happy to hear you talk like this I only wish that I could see past the present and into the future. I will see if the 5:2 lets me feel as good as ADF
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Kimberly, I just plain love you!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote