Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Goal incentives! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/795203-goal-incentives.html)

Alison 01-23-2013 03:25 PM

Goal incentives!

For every 10% I lose, I plan on getting myself a whole new outfit! Including a new bra/panties from Victoria's Secret (I LOVE VS!!!) Plus, it's great because the clothing is a splurge, but also practical as well.

--- GW1: 152.5 (10%)
--- GW2: 137.5 (10%)
--- GW3: 123.5 (10%)
--- GW4: 111.5 (10%)
--- GW5: 100.5 (10%)

-----

Also, at each BMI goal, I will get a new tattoo!

--- 148 (no longer obese)
--- 123.5 (no longer overweight)

Looks like when I get to 123.5 I will get a new outfit AND a new tattoo! I can't wait!!

-----

Is anyone else giving themselves incentives for mini goals along the way? I'd love to hear them!

KeirasMom 01-23-2013 03:53 PM

I'm thinking about calling goal, and I'm also thinking about getting a new tattoo. Maybe I should let them coincide. :D

Great incentives Alison!

Carly 01-23-2013 03:57 PM

I got a Pandora charm at 170, 155, 140.
The next one is at 125 and whenever I decide to call goal will be the last-
I already picked my goal charm- can't wait!

Alison 01-23-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16215183)
I'm thinking about calling goal, and I'm also thinking about getting a new tattoo. Maybe I should let them coincide. :D

Great incentives Alison!

That's awesome! I love new tattoos (: What will you be getting? And what do you have already?

Alison 01-23-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16215189)
I got a Pandora charm at 170, 155, 140.
The next one is at 125 and whenever I decide to call goal will be the last-
I already picked my goal charm- can't wait!

Pandora bracelets are so cool! Which charms do you have? Can you link photos?

KeirasMom 01-23-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison (Post 16215214)
That's awesome! I love new tattoos (: What will you be getting? And what do you have already?

I haven't decided what I'm getting. I thought about getting my daughter's footprints from when she was born. :dunno:

I have the standard gateway tattoo: butterfly on my ankle.
Then:
dolphins on my shoulder
tribal orca, lower back
Keira's name in Kanji on a tattered scroll on my upper arm
the COEXIST logo in rainbow colors on my wrist
purple irises (the flowers) up my outer calf (in memory of my mother-her favorite flower)
a maltese cross in red white and blue with the Roman numerals IX-XI and "In Memory of F.D.N.Y." on my other ankle (DH and I were firefighters during 9-11)

mamadodge 01-23-2013 04:49 PM

Very cool Dawn!!! I love tats too! I have the rose on my chest, and a blooming heart on my shoulder which represents my heart growing (got it after my youngest DD)

Alison 01-23-2013 05:56 PM

Wow Dawn! I would've never guessed that you had so many tattoos!! Excellent! :D

I love the idea of Keira's footprints as a tattoo!

Yennie 01-23-2013 05:57 PM

Way cool idea, I'm gonna have to think about it. I've wanted a ladybug on my hip since I was about 16 (so nearly 18 years), I may reward myself with that once I hit ... ??? Maybe 150? I've also wanted to do something to commemorate the marathons & half-marathons I've done but since I could not be further from my runner's body of the past, I feel like getting those now would be a lie. Maybe a goal for when I finally achieve my sub-2 hour half? That's not a scale goal, per se, but I sure can't run a 10 minute mile at this weight so it is, indirectly, I guess.
I guess I should think about it and make a formal plan, which I will then share with y'all to keep me accountable.

KeirasMom 01-23-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison (Post 16215417)
Wow Dawn! I would've never guessed that you had so many tattoos!! Excellent! :D

I love the idea of Keira's footprints as a tattoo!

I just look conservative. ;)

hot-in-texas 01-23-2013 09:46 PM

I haven, set any yet, but my first 10% will be at 171, so about 5ish pounds to go. What a great idea Alison. Whatever I do, it has to be free, so....hmmm, I will have to think about that one. Thanks for the idea:hugs:

Alison 01-24-2013 12:34 AM

Hot - what about a total day off? (: 24 hours of time to yourself, a bubble bath, do your nails, relaxing with a good book? (:

RebeccaSimpson 01-24-2013 12:52 AM

Alison I love that! And I love the tats I can see on you ava, wish I could see some more.
I love tats on others but not for me.

Dawn: wow, wouldn't have thought you have so many tats! So cool!

Carly: love the charm idea. So at goal you'will have a weight loss bracelet!

Might should think about something for myself.... Guess I'll treat myself to a city trip and/or America vacation. :) but only if I can keep the weight off, which I will! :)

Carly 01-24-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson (Post 16215805)
Alison I love that! And I love the tats I can see on you ava, wish I could see some more.

Might should think about something for myself.... Guess I'll treat myself to a city trip and/or America vacation. :) but only if I can keep the weight off, which I will! :)

Yes, plus a few that DW gave me as gifts :heart:

hot-in-texas 01-24-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison (Post 16215798)
Hot - what about a total day off? (: 24 hours of time to yourself, a bubble bath, do your nails, relaxing with a good book? (:

That is a good idea! I will do that when my UD weight is at at 10% for 2 consecutive UD weigh ins. And then I decided I'm going to by myself a little something every 15% of weight lost. So when my weight is 161 for 2 consecutive UD weigh-ins, I will buy myself a pair of crop pants. :).
Can't wait

sterlinggirl 01-24-2013 08:38 AM

I have bought very special Plants for my out side flower garden with my goals.. Created a whole new bed last year, and plan to purchase a special lil japnese maple for my reaching goal.. I love my out side plants~

KeirasMom 01-24-2013 09:37 AM

Um, since I just called goal, I have to pick my final goal reward/incentive. I have a friend who posted a link to a friend of her's who is selling Great Dane/English Mastiff puppies. I need another dog like I need a hole in the head, but . . . they're so darned cute! I could name him/her JUDDD! What say my fellow JUDDDers?

P.S. DH told me I could have one, but it's my decision. We have 2 large dogs already (though not THAT large), but somehow we always end up with 3 dogs.

mamadodge 01-24-2013 09:49 AM

LOVE that idea Dawn!!! Congrats on goal too!!!

RebeccaSimpson 01-24-2013 02:21 PM

Go for the puppy Dawn!!!! So cute! Would. Love to have a doggy but current living/work situation doesn't allow it.

Kissa 01-25-2013 04:54 AM

All you brave tattooed ladies! Me, I am too scared, of both the needle and what time may do to them.

I think it has to be a dog named JUDDD for you Dawn!

I get my reward every day I look in the mirror.

Carly 01-25-2013 05:11 AM

Get the puppy!!!!!!!!!!

RebeccaSimpson 01-25-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16218108)
All you brave tattooed ladies! Me, I am too scared, of both the needle and what time may do to them.

Kissa = wise woman! You're right, when we hit goal we get our reward everytime we face a mirror. But I'm a girl and I like to treat myself. Hehe

Finme 01-25-2013 08:50 AM

I have one tattoo too many, something I did just out of curiosity I see if it really hurt. Small of my back and it really didn't hurt. It's a good tattoo, well done, but I'm not dating that guy anymore. Lol! My husband gets a kick out of it. It's on the small of my back and so at least only he sees it.

I haven't thought about rewards, but that's a good idea. For me, am participating in dietbetting. I can't link it here but it is googlable. So I'm working for some cash! I plan to give it to my husband for a motorcycle trip he wants to take this summer. :)

For myself, I think I need to think of some rewards for MAINTAINING certain obtained goals.

Demonica 01-25-2013 09:43 AM

I would have never thought of an incentive for every mini goal:doh: And here I was just plugging along toward my main goal, getting frustrated cuz I wasn't getting there fast enough and binging because I was frustrated...then having to start the cycle all over again.

I can't believe I didn't read this thread sooner! What a great idea!!!:notwrthy:

JayLynn 01-25-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson (Post 16215805)

Rebecca, my big reward for losing weight will be a trip to Europe! We can trade places :shake: LOL

I'm starting in Munich for Oktoberfest in Sept. I have a cousin who lives there and works at the festival so I am very excited.

JayLynn 01-25-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16218108)

Awesome Cindy! Very special and so simple! :hugs: