Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
In my freezer I have a large zip lock bag. All the tag bits of veggies (onion root ends, tough celery stalks, the papery bits from garlic, broccoli peels, etc) get tossed in there. Another large bag holds bones, unused skins, gristle from any and every meat I cook (I do wrap large groups of bones in plastic wrap so they do not all freeze together). I include rotisserie chicken. I feel so satisfied: using every molecule of those foods.

I usually cook my bone broth at least 48 hours. Toss the veggies in for the last 2 - 3 hours of cooking (after that, they are just goo anyway). I know I got all of the good stuff out of the bones if, after being refrigerated, the 'broth' is like jello/gelatin.

AND STRAIN THE RESULTS!!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yes, STRAIN is important!
Nancy, I have only been doing 24 hours, but figured on beef and other large bones that I should do longer. So you think I may need to cook longer?

Also, my DD has started making this for family and she pours into ice trays and freezes portioned broth, then ziplock bags the cubes & pops one out each day to add to my grand baby's mashed taters.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I have heard that shea butter is the most humectorant out there. Meaning, it really hydrates the skin and holds the moisture in.
From what I understand, from years on the hair care boards, is that NO oil is actually a humectant. Oils are sealants; they can either seal moisture in or keep it out...so you have to make sure your skin is well moisturized *before* you put oil on it.

Humectants actually increase moisture...examples are aloe vera, honey, and glycerin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Finally, and only because I am increasingly convinced this is a miracle food, have you looked into bone broth? I know you proudly stand not at the top of the list of BUDDDs who love to cook.
If you really can't stand cooking, you can always add unflavored gelatin to your diet or to ready-made soups & broths. It might not have exactly the same benefits, but it's something you can easily take every day even when you're not having soup. Hydrolyzed gelatin can even be mixed into cold drinks, like lemonade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Nancy, I've actually wondered if I could make the bone broth with leftover rotisserie chicken bones.
Oh my gosh, yes!!! Those bones are perfect--flavorful from being roasted, and lots of cartilage!!! Sometimes I just boil bones with a couple bay leaves, don't bother with veggie ends, and then add Better Than Bouillon...cuz I love that stuff, anyway. Really easy.

And you know from Keira's science experiment that vinegar leaches calcium from bones, right? That's why everyone says to add a splash of vinegar when you start cooking the broth.

I've seen recommendations to separate beef, chicken bones but if I have different kinds, I just mix them up. I love pork chop bones for soup! And sometimes I get lamb neck bones just for soup. They're cheap, probably because they're not very meaty! But it's enough for me to add to a curry or something.

If you get beef bones, you can roast them and eat the marrow before using them for broth. Otherwise the broth might be too fatty and you'll end up throwing away the really nutritious marrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Also, don't forget about eggshells. I am just now learning this and would have never guessed!
I need to start saving my eggshells! On a survival blog, I recently read a recipe for making a calcium supplement from powdered eggshells.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: correction
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Dawn, the very best bone broth that I have ever made was from the whole chicken carcass. It was amazing. I made pork ribs last week in the crockpot and then tossed all of the bones back into the crockpot and let them simmer for 24, just splash some ACV which helps keep all of the minerals in.
...a splash of ACV....what a great idea! I love the health benefits of acv and drink a couple teaspoons in water on most days. That and coconut oil keep me "regular".

But the broth and minerals suggestion is one I never heard. I'll put a bit in my next pot. Thanks!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
In my freezer I have a large zip lock bag. All the tag bits of veggies (onion root ends, tough celery stalks, the papery bits from garlic, broccoli peels, etc) get tossed in there. Another large bag holds bones, unused skins, gristle from any and every meat I cook (I do wrap large groups of bones in plastic wrap so they do not all freeze together). I include rotisserie chicken. I feel so satisfied: using every molecule of those foods.

I usually cook my bone broth at least 48 hours. Toss the veggies in for the last 2 - 3 hours of cooking (after that, they are just goo anyway). I know I got all of the good stuff out of the bones if, after being refrigerated, the 'broth' is like jello/gelatin.

AND STRAIN THE RESULTS!!!
Nancy, I LOVE the idea of saving all veggie scraps, freezing them, and adding them to your broth the last few hours of cooking. I hate to waste things but I never thought of this. Terrific! With a splash of acv and the veggies, I'll have perfect broth!

I wondered about the "gel" from the broth and wondered if it was just fat. Well I guess it is but it sounds as if its preferable and just what we want. When I make broth from a whole organic chicken, it does come out like a gel and I have been adding organic low sodium broth from a carton to "ungel" it a little but I guess that is not necessary.

Wow, you ladies are such a HUGE source of information to me! Thank you all so much!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The "gel" is good...it actually *is* gelatin from boiling the cartilage; broth from bones that are picked clean doesn't gel much.

Reheating the gel makes it dissolve, so you don't have to dilute it.

Fat rises to the top when the broth is chilled. It's different from the gelatin, which is high in protein.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, here goes with more bone broth info...

If you are cooking beef or pork bones, the fat will rise to the top after cooking. You can eat it (does add calories) or easily break it up and remove it if you wish.

Chicken and fish fat is all gooshy and harder to remove after cooling. So, during cooking throw some saturated fat in. That helps solidify the cooled fat. The toss in can be in the form of extra beef/pork bones or bacon lard you happen to have laying around. Or, if you wish to be a purist, try a few tablespoons of coconut oil. Use unrefined CO if you like the idea of a faint coconut flavor in your broth. Use refined CO if you do not wish to add flavor.

What to do with the fat/oil you skim? Massage it onto meats before baking. Mash a wee bit up with butter to season veggies. Flavor casseroles. Donate it to the improvident. Convert your car to run on it. Grease your ball bearings...from my personal experience, once I got hooked on BB, I found I had a lot of leftover fat (just not on me ).

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-25-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi Dawn, I saw this late, but I just want to add to the many hugs and say I think your plan sounds great. I also think of 5:2 as being JUDDD ... and congratulations on calling goal! Also? I agree with others that you have been gaining muscle which has weight but it's the good kind! You could easily lose fat, gain muscle, and the scale might not show good things but internally good things are happening. Hang in there my friend! Hoping you see improvement in your hands soon! So excited you've "arrived" and are in maintenance! You have always inspired me.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hi, Dawn. I don't get over here much anymore but wanted to add my love and encouragement. I am sure there must be a home healing method that will help with the chilbains. Doctors can only do so much within their field of expertice. I would investigate along the lines of Ayervedic medicine and anti-inflammatory foods just by the way the chilbains manifest. Good luck to you.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Nancy, I've actually wondered if I could make the bone broth with leftover rotisserie chicken bones. Since you've all been talking about the bone broth, I feel almost guilty just tossing the bones, but didn't know if they'd be good for it. I have at least one rotisserie chicken in the fridge at any given time (uh, due to my lack of cooking).
I buy rotisserie chicken often and make bone broth with the bones and any leftover bits (such as skin, fat, etc.)

Put the leftover bones and bits into a big pot (such as a Dutch oven or stockpot), add filtered water (I use water I've run through a Britta pitcher) to cover, toss in some sliced onion and salt and apple cider vinegar, and simmer on low heat for a while (I aim for for at least 6 hours of simmering, and add more water as needed). You could do it in a crockpot if you don't want to keep checking a pot on the stove. Strain broth, chill, and remove fat that rises to the top (if you want to). I eat a cup of bone broth (or more) per day, and I think it's a great thing to do to maintain general health, joint health, and bone/cartilege health.

The first step, when I make bone broth, is to roast the bones, but that's already done for me when I use the bones from rotisserie chicken.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Dawn, I have shea butter but I really don't like it. I have several good handcreams though, and they do help. I may resort to the shea butter at some point. You're right about the smell.
DW likes the smell- um-not me I also dislike the smell of cocobutter, but she swears by it.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

What to do with the fat/oil you skim?
Don't forget gravy!!! And biscuits! And biscuits 'n' gravy!!!

I also add it to refried beans. Makes them really creamy and extra delicious...bacon fat is my favorite!
But fat that is well-seasoned from cooking in a nice broth is good too.

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, I just read this list
10 Signs You're Gluten Intolerant
and it reminded me of your "ailments" list on the previous page (post 101, if anyone wants to refer back).

I just did a word search on this thread and gluten hasn't been mentioned.
Do you eat gluten, or have you ever tried eliminating it?

I went gluten-free for a week before Christmas. I noticed wonderful changes in my digestion. I haven't decided whether to try it again...this may sound wussy, but I don't have an oven & my kitchen is miniscule, with no working electrical outlets...I can't make myself gluten-free breads, crackers, etc, so doing GF for an extended period of time seems daunting.

Also, you have mentioned tachycardia, which is something you and I have in common. I have noticed that sometimes after I eat wheat (and some other carbs), my heart races for an hour or two.

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-25-2013 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: finish sentence!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Jenny, what an interesting link! It might well apply to Dawn - it certainly applies to me!

Dawn, I forgot this one. Castor oil has enormous healing properties for some people. It's molecular makeup prevents it from being absorbed when used topically. But, if you mix a few drops with an oil that absorbs quickly (like CO) it gets in there to do it's thing. Castor oil and coconut oil slathered all over (I worked my way up to 50/50%) is my go-to.

You might try slathering some on, letting it sit and absorb for a few minutes, then blotting the excess off, and doing the vaseline/gloves thing to hold it in.

Yes Jenny, many people (myself included) heat up when they eat or topically apply CO. I use it as a hand cream on shivery DDs...and for me it helps.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought about asking about gluten, but some reason I assumed Dawn is already GF? If you aren't that is a great place to start. If you haven't read Wheatbelly, you can watch Dr. Davis youtube and it helps explain why.

Great ideas coming from all of our JUDDD budds. Dawn, I submitted the question late on Thur and checked this morning, still no answer. I copy and pasted, so I may should have condensed. Very curious to see if anyone else responds as lately a few of the older PHD folks and other scientist/doctors have some excellent answers. Dr. Kurt Harris (PaNu) reads and gives his thoughts there as well as Chris Kresser and Sisson.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #136
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Oh gosh, PJ, I read that list and about fainted. I've wondered if I had a gluten sensitivity, but the only thing I've been able to pinpoint causing symptoms is if I have broth with MSG on a DD (or when my stomach's empty). Then, sometimes I end up having to run to the restroom.

A lot of those symptoms I have, but haven't been able to establish that gluten is the cause. I can have a bagel for breakfast and feel perfectly fine. Now I'm wondering though. Keira gets that chicken skin on her arms, too. Hmmm, I may have to try the elimination diet. Just when I thought, "great, I'm at goal and have gotten here eating everything I want!" Now I have to add another element!

I'm out of town this weekend, but will be doing more research on the elimination diet when I get back home. I clicked the link in the article, and it just takes me to the doctor's book, but I'm sure if I google, I can come up with some good information.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #137

Sunday, I haven't tried GF yet. Honestly, I've been afraid to read Wheat Belly because of my OCD. I know that's a weird excuse, but once I learn something I can't unlearn it and it's always banging around inside my head at the most inopportune times. I suppose that book is now in my TBR list. Sigh.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am the same way, OCD about health issues. My daughter teases me about reading too many health articles and then trying scientific experiments on myself.

The one thing I know, is that I live fine without gluten. Nowadays, the list of GF foods is growing by leaps and bounds. My fav tortilla chips are gf rice chips. If you have a minute or have time to read Blonde's journal on her path to GF after reading Wheatbelly. She fought it kicking and screaming and then after a few days, she was like, "what was I fighting for?" Oh, and she works at Olive Garden of all places!!!

Blonde w/ a Rose Journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ets-juddd.html

Last edited by sunday; 01-26-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #139

Okay, I did it. I downloaded Wheat Belly to my kindle. No guarantees I'll have much time to read this weekend, but you've all convinced me.

In my list of ailments, I forgot to mention vertigo. Dizziness is on the list of symptoms for gluten intolerance too. I forget I have vertigo because I actually think it's fun. It's like riding a roller coaster without the crowds of Disneyland!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay, I did it. I downloaded Wheat Belly to my kindle. No guarantees I'll have much time to read this weekend, but you've all convinced me.

In my list of ailments, I forgot to mention vertigo. Dizziness is on the list of symptoms for gluten intolerance too. I forget I have vertigo because I actually think it's fun. It's like riding a roller coaster without the crowds of Disneyland!
I don't have vertigo unless I get inner ear infection. I don't know if you have it like some family I know, but it can be so bad that bed spins.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I don't have vertigo unless I get inner ear infection. I don't know if you have it like some family I know, but it can be so bad that bed spins.
I had vertigo for about 4 months straight in the summer and fall of 2011. I was so sick I lost about 30 pounds. That is why I was only (ha ha) 199 in Feb 2012 when I started my weight loss journey. I was quite a bit higher before that and that vertigo was terrible!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #142

Quote:
The first time it happened, I felt like a drunken sailor. The whole world tilted on its axis and I kept bumping into walls walking down my hallway. I thought I had a brain tumor. Nope, just vertigo.

Thankfully, I don't get motion sickness, so I never have an upset stomach when I'm spinning. The only time it bothers me is when I'm on a ladder.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
My aunt, who is 65(i think), found out she was had celiac disease when she was 62(I think). She had been morbidly obese most of her adult life and only 5 ft tall. After a year on her gluten free diet she lost down to 100 pounds, and her doctor actually told her to gain some weight(!), she has started exercising, and now enjoys buying herself new clothes. Oh, and she has also quit smoking after 45 years of doing so.
I wish they had grocery stores or supermarkets that were 100% gluten free, it sure would make things a whole lot easier.
Thank you for posting that list PJ, it may just help one or even several people!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh gosh, PJ, I read that list and about fainted. I've wondered if I had a gluten sensitivity...I can have a bagel for breakfast and feel perfectly fine.
Right?! I read that list and felt downright Twilight-Zone-spooked!!!

I think the thing with gluten is, it doesn't hit you like a food allergy, where you get sick the minute you eat it--or touch it, or breathe it! It's not until it gets lower down in your digestive system and seeps through little openings in the intestines (leaky gut syndrome), actually escapes into your bloodstream and gets to your joints or wherever it's going to cause trouble, that you feel it. Or it just causes lots of inflammation symptoms, and a person might never realize that it's food-related.

Quote:
I forget I have vertigo because I actually think it's fun. It's like riding a roller coaster without the crowds of Disneyland!

You have the greatest attitude about your ailments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I wish they had grocery stores or supermarkets that were 100% gluten free, it sure would make things a whole lot easier.
Thank you for posting that list PJ, it may just help one or even several people!
Great idea on the stores...the health food store I used to work had a big GF sections, but people *still* asked so many questions! It would have been nice to be able to say "everything in this store is safe".

That's what I was hoping...that even if Dawn said, "Oh, I've been GF for years", that it might help or at least be interesting to somebody else.

Quote:
Nowadays, the list of GF foods is growing by leaps and bounds.
There really are so many GF foods--even my beloved rice & beans & corn tortillas. But being diabetic, GF + low-carb just annoys the heck out of me! I rarely eat large amounts of bread, pasta, or cake, but some of the easy foods that I rely on, like Sandwich Thins & pop cakes, aren't GF and there are few good, *affordable* substitutes that are also low-carb and low-calorie.

However, most people I know with Celiac's are very thin and can eat lots of calories--nut butters, nut crackers, nut flour cakes!--all day long. Maybe once you eliminate gluten, your metabolism changes.

I've almost been reluctant to *really* give GF a try, because what if it really worked and I had to do that the rest of my life? Sounds dumb & stubborn, I know. OTOH, I've only lost about 20lbs doing low-carb for over 2 years, so maybe GF would be a better "lifestyle", lol!

I wonder if anyone has "cured" their diabetes by eliminating gluten? I think I could live without gluten if I could eat (reasonable amounts of) other carbs. Going to research that!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #145

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
The only time it bothers me is when I'm on a ladder.
Well.....uh......YEAH! Stay off ladders Dawn!

LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #146

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

However, most people I know with Celiac's are very thin and can eat lots of calories--nut butters, nut crackers, nut flour cakes!--all day long. Maybe once you eliminate gluten, your metabolism changes.

I've almost been reluctant to *really* give GF a try, because what if it really worked and I had to do that the rest of my life? Sounds dumb & stubborn, I know. OTOH, I've only lost about 20lbs doing low-carb for over 2 years, so maybe GF would be a better "lifestyle", lol!

I wonder if anyone has "cured" their diabetes by eliminating gluten? I think I could live without gluten if I could eat (reasonable amounts of) other carbs. Going to research that!
What a I soooo agree with you on that. I have not lost well on low carb, just can eat a lot with no weight loss. Kind of a bummer when you want to lose weight But with my DD having type 1 diabetes, my son with asthma and my other family members with allergies, I am thinking more and more I have to be gluten free for us all. Not just *me* anymore. I know that my DD's diabetes won't be cured going gluten free, but hopefully she won't need as much insulin as she does now. Let us know what you find out!!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far what I have found is that about 12% of Type 1 diabetics also have celiac sprue. And that gluten intolerance aggravates (or might even cause) autoimmune diseases. So between the diabetes, the asthma, and the allergies, going gluten-free could certainly be worth at least a try!

Haven't found so much on GF & Type 2....more on Paleo & Type 2. Sigh...but I think that's not just gluten-free, it's grain-free & dairy-free! I *honestly* would rather give up several other foods, or never reach my goal weight, than give up dairy!

Anyhoo...we were talking about bone broth earlier. Gelatin is supposed to be very good for healing the lining of the stomach and intestines (and the leaky gut problem I mentioned before). L-Glutamine is, too. So if anybody tries going GF, I think they can be helpful in the healing process.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PJ,
You must read WheatBelly or at least watch Dr. Davis videos. His findings on his diabetes patients as well as cardiac was nothing short of amazing!!! His is a cardiologist, but when he found out that his patients weren't losing weight even though they went low carb and low fat, he then asked them to take wheat out of their diet, they all started losing weight, blood sugar came down and their blood pressure went to normal. I think a lot of people don't realize that the wheat of today is not the wheat grandmother and grandfather grew and ate.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No-o-o-o-o....I'm trying to keep my head in the sand, Sunday!!!

Okay, I actually haven't had wheat yet today, so maybe I'll just jump in and do it!!! I did it for a week before Christmas and it really wasn't that difficult. I just have to eat soups & salads, instead of using low-carb wraps and stuff.

I had some refried beans and corn tortillas for breakfast, so I'm not doing so well on the low-carb front, but come to think of it...it's been about 5 hours since I ate and I'm just now getting hungry.

PS--I just noticed your Pooh siggy! I must have flour in my ear!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Ouiz had a recipe for psyllium husk tortillas that have gotten great reviews. Although maybe psyllium is also a no no on gluten free!

I put my pasta sauce over baked red skinned potatoes the other day. Yummy. I'm going to try them with a curry tonight. I have a Costco sized bag of them that need to be used!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote