Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Dawn, just in case you're not feelin enough of the love for ya....

My heart goes out to you and in my opinion you will always be "THE HONORARY JUDDD BUDDD"

I like your plan, too. If anybody will make it work, it will be you!!

Juddd Budd and friend, Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Dawn,

I have nothing to add but my
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne_W View Post
I could see them wanting to possibly débride the wound, but normally only if the wound is refusing to heal or has become infected.

The procedure I typically see for severe Raynaud's is what's called a sympathectomy -- it is very invasive (to the chest) and entails transecting sympathetic nerves. While it can be very helpful for stopping the vascular constriction (the nerves no longer send signals to the vessels to constrict), there are some risks of developing Horner's Syndrome. The symptoms are varied but can include sweating, loss of feeling, eye drooping, etc.

The sympathectomy would likely be an option of last resort.
I did read about the sympathectomy when he first mentioned surgery and I was so horrified I think I repressed it! Thankfully, my wounds haven't gotten infected, so I'm sure it wasn't debridement the Rheum. was thinking.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Dawn, first,
Second, do you wonder, ever, about an anti-inflammatory direction for your diet? I keep thinking Tina might know something. Just a thought. I don't mean to add to your already overwhelming set of things to think about.
All the best with 5:2. I can hardly wait to learn from you.
I have thought about it, and I'm worried to try it because when I feel restricted, that's when I throw my eating plan right out the window. I will be looking into it though to see what my options are. I don't seem to have a lot of the classic reactions people get to wheat, but that doesn't mean it's not bothering my system, or that there aren't other foods that are bad for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #65
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Dawn I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
As another "keep warm" measure, consider wearing silk long underwear. It's soft, it's not bulky, it really helps with warmth, and it comes in multiple forms (like a long-sleeved t-shirt to wear under a shirt, like pants to wear under pants, and as a slip to wear under a skirt). They help me stay warm when I do the half hour walk to work in subzero temperatures and don't make me too hot when I am in the heated office building where I work. WinterSilks is the brand that I like best, but many brands are available.

My shopping list is growing. My grandmother swore by silk long underwear, and I've never tried them. I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
Dawn--do you feel loved yet??

Re the heated jacket--there are different brands, many geared toward construction workers, but I wanted something "normal" looking. The one I have is from Brookstone. I just googled it and they still have them ON SALE!! I got the 2 yr replacement plan for $20 when I bought mine, so the whole deal came to about $150, but seriouslt, in 3 years of use and abuse, it hasn't had so much as a hiccup. I cannot express how much I love this thing. You'll see from the pics on the website that it is also cut for a woman--it nips in at the waist. They also have gloves, vests that are heated. I would order a size smaller than you might think you would need in a jacket. I found that it is best to wear a longsleeve shirt or light sweatshirt under it so the heat is really close to your body, and if it is really cold out put another jacket ON TOP of this one to seal the heat in. At first I was wearing this as my outer layer and couldn't feel the heat very well. BTW, the jacket I have just heats your core, not arms. But it has settings, so would be safe for Shari's son. Did I say it changed my life?
Must. Have. This. Jacket!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #67

I definitely feel the love. This is the best, most supportive group I've ever had the privilege to "know." I you all!

I'm feeling better this morning. I decided to change my goal weight to 165 (from 160) and I woke up to 165.2 this morning. I think it's a sign that I'll be fine switching to 5:2. So I'm calling goal, doing 5:2, and I'm armed with all this lovely information you've all been so kind as to provide to me! Thank you!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
on reaching goal!!!

I really hope the 5:2 works great for you for maintenance and gives you some relief.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #70

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wah that jacket and the gloves are sold out! I am going to be watch for them thug, The jacket and the gillet look really smart, and they ship overseas!

Okay, that is you and me both starting 5:2 as of now Dawn. I downloaded the book to my Kindle and just beginning to read it has reinspired me.

It is too easy to forget all the advantages of JUDDD and IF.

Sending you all the support I can.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #71

I looked for it on my Kindle last night and only saw it available on that river site.uk. I didn't get a chance to search for it on that river site-USA though, so I'm not sure if it's available here yet. I'll try to look for it today.

Did you get the Michael Mosley book, or the original 5:2 book? I may download them both.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #72

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes the Mosley book, it is excellent but may not be available on the US river yet. Sorry, but it will be worth waiting for the other book has not been well written up.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
That's tough news, but at least you know what is going on with your body and what your options are. That's a good thing!

If I were in your situation, I would do what I need to do right now to get healthy. I'd google helpful supplements, get lots of rest, continue to exercise, and eat well (and google foods that might hurt my condition). So, maybe you take a break from JUDDD? That's ok. Let yourself heal. Do fast five or MUDDD or whatever if you don't want to break entirely.

As for caffiene - I've given it up before and there are lots of great herbal and decaffienated teas - organic green, chai, and mint medley are all great. It takes a few weeks to adjust, but honestly, once I was off for a long time, I couldn't tell a difference in the "wake up" factor. Just be paitent. And with chai tea (or gingerbread tea if you can find it - my hands down favorite), it is DELICIOUS made bulletproof style.

Good luck! I know how it is to deal with chronic conditions and it's all trial and error. It is VERY difficult to change our habits, but you did it in order to lose weight, right? It can be done again!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Dawn, I was just thinking, has your doctor ever mentioned hand therapy for you? I know that hand therapy can really help-the therapists know a lot of stuff that can help that doctors don't bother with, or aren't really knowledgable about. They can help you with edema(swelling) management and pain management and help you with all kinds of stuff-like simple range of motion exercises, and increased function of that hand. They can even fit you with a special glove(not sure if you are into wearing a glove though just a thought
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I wish I had some advice--any advice--but all I can do is send you hugs.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Sorry to hear the news was not as positive as you had hoped. I don't have any advice after the ice recommendation I gave before but I was wondering if the exercise might help. I often have cold hands and feet (not as cold as yours!) but I did notice an improvement with exercise. It wasn't a quick improvement and I think it was a few years before I noticed a difference. I am not sure if this was due to an increase in metabolism or a improvement in circulation. I am guessing circulation but it is hard to know for sure.
It didn't even occur to me that a 5/2 plan for IF wasn't a form of JUDDD as I think of us as Intermittent fasters. We just all do our own tweaks to find what is the healthiest based on our individual needs. Also since you lost your extra weight following JUDDD even if you never fast again you are a lifetime JUDDD member.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #77

Exercise is recommended as one of the treatments. I actually do notice improvement for an hour or two after I exercise, and I suspect the more I do it, the longer the improvement will last. I'm hoping anyway.

Hand therapy has not been recommended, and I'm not sure why not. I've seen 3 different doctors for this. You'd think one of them might have mentioned some sort of therapy. I'll look into it. I'm also really interested in the acupuncture the more I think about it. Massage, at this point, I think would be too painful, but might help in the long run once I get it under control.

DD80, I've gone caffeine free a couple of times in my life and had horrible migraines for about 3 days, then felt fine. I should just bite the bullet and do it, but I really enjoy my caffeine. Today, I've had 2 cups of tea (with caffeine) but that's still better than my normal 2 cups of coffee. I'll try to gradually wean down to maybe one caffeinated beverage a day and see how that goes, then "maybe" none.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Oh, here is something that I just remembered and might be very beneficial.

This goes back to my mother and grandmother; Coat your hands w vaseline and put on gloves. Those little white, cotton glove were used.

It was for bedtime and you'd wear them all night keeping the lubricant next to the skin, but you could do it anytime you're not planning to get your hands wet....nighttime would be the longest, unbroken time.

I'm sure you can use any lubricant but the reason valeline might be more helpful is becuase it does'nt absorb the way some others will and since the body heals from within, this keeps the healing skin soft so it doesn't continue to crack and reopen.

Another addition that may help is massaging w coconut oil....doesn't have to be EVCO.

One more tip; Vitamin C>tissue integrity.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Dawn, how could you even suggest leaving the BUDDDs?!

My fingers go white and useless in the cold but that's the extent of my Reynaud's affliction.

I'll second the benefits of silk underwear.

Checking out the supplements and maybe having a chat with an acupuncturist might be a good plan. That's a ton of work and I wish you luck and a successful solution.

Congratulations on calling goal and good luck with the 5:2. I suspect it will just feel like another stage of JUDDD to you.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Dawn, I'm sorry about the bad news...I haven't been here very long but I want you to know that reading so many of your posts really helped me a lot, and I know you've helped a lot of other people...I think you are a very smart lady, and I believe you will find a way to help your condition...don't give up because every case of illness is different..you may come across something in your research that will make a difference for you... I pray that you are able to find just that something that will help..Please keep us posted on how things are going for you..everyone on here really appreciates you.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Jem, I thought about coconut oil as well and wondered if it could be helpful?

So, I googled, and under the Earth Clinic Health Remedies, a lady from Scotland writes,
Quote:
"I made a homemade hand cream from coconut oil, aloe vera and emulsifying wax (bees wax). One Tbsp of each, stirred together in a bowl over a pot of hot water. Each night and morning I would put one drop each of lavender and tea tree essential oil in the palm of my hand - and half a tsp of my coconut hand cream. I would massage it slowly and firmly and gently onto both hands. The massage would take about 5 minutes. I paid particular attention to my nail beds, and finger tips. The chilblains were terrible, but after a week of this my fingers were warmer, healthier and without pain. I wore cotton gloves to bed, at night, to allow the cream to better absorb
I am so happy with the result. I'd tried all sorts of other things prior to this - with no result at all."
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Dawn: Big and to you.

I'm so sorry about your DH losing his job and all the health issues you are having.

I so agree that the 5-2 plan is going to suit you well for maintenance. You might even keep losing. (I'm thinking about the Horizon video and Mosley lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks doind 5-2 if I remember correctly).

I saw some one mention something about a book by Mosley? I'll have to go back and read more posts to find out the name of it. Definitely would like to read it.

After reading what all you are going through, I feel guilty for whining about changes I'm dealing with in my life. They seem small in comparison to what you are experiencing.

Oops, gotta go. DH just sat down with coffee and wants to chat. Never a quiet moment here...

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Sunday ur findings sound so wonderful, relaxing.
If Dawn lived loser to all of us.
We would take turns going to her house with our freshly made potion mixture, ur found mixture. And give treatment to her hands.
We'll probably have trouble finding her at home.
Her motor cycle , Wendy's appointments.
Eieio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Nice find Sunday. That sounds perfect.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am amazed at how many variations of coconut oil have helped people with skin and other type of infections. Another woman writes, that she does the following~

Quote:
Stop the itching by cutting a raw onion and rubbing the cut edge over the chilblains. Allow the onion juice to soak into your skin. This juice will soothe the itch. (I have seen this elsewhere on other natural remedies sites too)

Moisturize your chilblains to prevent cracking. Grind approximately one tablespoon of peppercorns and fry them in coconut oil for approximately five minutes. Filter the peppercorns out of the coconut oil with a strainer. While the coconut oil is still warm, massage the chilblains with it. Then cover your feet with thick socks. The coconut oil will not only keep the chilblains from cracking, but will help to guard against infection. Continue to apply the oil until the chilblains have disappeared.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #86

I have onions, peppercorns, and coconut oil. I'm tempted to try them, but worry about the smell. Maybe on Sunday when I can be home part of the day.

EI! How true that is!

I've done the Vaseline and gloves thing. It helps with the dryness, not so much with the underlying cause, but it just feels so weird!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sunday posted something about not getting enough protein and being cold. I think it was on the PHD thread. I read it earlier today. Hopefully she will chime back in. I thought of all of you who are so cold on DD's. Maybe eating low cal protein only would help.

Sending you lots of hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #88

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Dawn, congratulations on calling goal. For what it's worth, I think you're making the right decision. Your health is of primary importance!

If you decide you want to lose those last vanity pounds, you can try going back into WLM in August or something when the DD shivers will be welcome, not damaging to your health.

Or, not.

I'll be very interested in how you do on the 5:2 plan, it's an intriguing concept! Please, oh please stay here and keep sharing your experience, strength and wisdom. Our community would be greatly diminished without you.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Sunday posted something about not getting enough protein and being cold. I think it was on the PHD thread. I read it earlier today. Hopefully she will chime back in. I thought of all of you who are so cold on DD's. Maybe eating low cal protein only would help.

Sending you lots of hugs
Yes, Dawn, if you aren't already inundated with an overload of good advice and reading material, there are a few of the PHDers, who have Raynaud's and have written in to the PHD website to give their own personal testimony of having used some of Jaminet's suggestions and the relief they have received. I could copy and paste, but if you want to read go to "Perfect Health Diet" and type in Raynaud's syndrome.

Do you suffer with Migraine's? Because many of the women who have Raynaud's say that they did.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Yes, Dawn, if you aren't already inundated with an overload of good advice and reading material, there are a few of the PHDers, who have Raynaud's and have written in to the PHD website to give their own personal testimony of having used some of Jaminet's suggestions and the relief they have received. I could copy and paste, but if you want to read go to "Perfect Health Diet" and type in Raynaud's syndrome.

Do you suffer with Migraine's? Because many of the women who have Raynaud's say that they did.
Interesting. I've suffered with migraines my whole life. I get the kind where I have vision blockage and can't see anything when they are at their worst. I used to have them frequently but now only get one or two a year that bad. I never would have considered a connection but it makes sense since they are both caused by constricted blood vessels.