Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm NOT losing anything! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/795116-im-not-losing-anything.html)

tay65 01-22-2013 03:00 PM

I'm NOT losing anything!

Ok, This is the 4th DD I have had and I haven't lost an ounce! I'm sticking to my calories that the calculator gave me. Could they be too high?
Any suggestions???

Librarygirl 01-22-2013 03:05 PM

Tay, how many days have you been JUDDDing? Have you not lose anything at all, or have gained back some? Bouncing is common with JUDDD and if you did bounce up, expect to bounce back down. Other than that, are you counting your up days? Did you figure your calories for the least active/sedentary? Lots of questions, lol. :)

Rayne_W 01-22-2013 03:09 PM

If it's any consolation, there are a few of us who have been JUDDDing a bit longer and are stuck in a weightloss lull at the moment. I've lost a whopping single pound in 3 weeks.

Librarygirl 01-22-2013 03:27 PM

I went the entire month of Dec. only losing one lb, but the average now is 10.8 lbs over 9 weeks...it DOES average out, even if it seems like you aren't losing at any given time.

tay65 01-22-2013 04:59 PM

This is my 3rd DD, and I've stayed the same. No bounce whatsoever! The other time I did JUDDD I lost after the 1st UD!
I use the numbers the calculator gave me for sedentary. I count UD's and DD's.

Rayne_W 01-22-2013 05:07 PM

It's only a theory, mind you, but I swear all the lulls/stalls are due to the current moon phase...or sun spots.

I had a really low DD yesterday, and the scale didn't budge an inch today. It's nonsensical.

Librarygirl 01-22-2013 05:10 PM

I went up a lb after DD yesterday. However, I did not go up after the UD before...it balances out. Tay, since you have only been JUDDDing a week, give it at least another week before you panic. Maybe some other JB's have some suggestions too.:hugs:

Beeb 01-22-2013 05:50 PM

How about giving us your numbers for DD/UD. Also, if you don't mind your age/height and if you exercise or not.

We may be able to figure out if there is an issue with too many or too few calories.

:hugs:

tay65 01-22-2013 07:35 PM

My UD calories are 1975 and DD's I'm eating 500. I'll be 48 Friday and I'm 5'6" (66").
I've been changing up foods I eat everyday and I limit carbs, not eating any potatoes, some noodles in my soup, no sugar....
This is really boggling my mind. I'm not freaking out or anything. No way near throwing in the towel. I just want to get this figured out and move on to lose this weight.

Rayne_W 01-22-2013 07:39 PM

Took a bit of tweaking to figure out the input weight, but the DD cals it showed for an UD of 1975 was 395.

tay65 01-22-2013 07:50 PM

But the first 2 weeks they say do 500 on DD's

Alison 01-22-2013 08:41 PM

You know, I was having issues when I started too. I had the "bounce" but no real drops until this past Sunday, I believe.

I was also going from super low cals to a strict rotation of UD/DD. I also found out that I won't drop if I get near the 1800 cal mark, so I try and stay at around 1500-1600 on my UD.

I guess my suggestion is to keep DD at 500 or less and drop your UD a little to see if that works for you.

And drink a lot of liquids! Tea, water, coffee, etc... but soda tends to bloat.

tay65 01-23-2013 06:25 AM

I dropped .1 today! Oh, joy, joy! I'm being sarcastic.
I'm going to drop the UD calories for sure now. I'll go to 1700 and see what happens.
I also just got done doing a super low calorie diet. Maybe thats the issue happening with me too.

sterlinggirl 01-23-2013 06:27 AM

:hugs:

LoCarbGal 01-23-2013 07:02 AM

Tammy, if you just came off low cal diet, then it makes sense that you wouldn't see the normal, dramatic drop that many of us saw coming off low carb, or just uncontrolled eating. Or maybe you've added back some carbs and you're losing fat but retaining a bit of water.

I've had periods where I'm doing EVERYTHING right, and don't lose for a week or two. I'm just (hopefully) coming out of a full week of ups and downs and just back to my prior low from over a week ago. It ain't easy, but you just have to trust JUDDD to get things moving when they're supposed to. Stay the course! You will do it!

tay65 01-23-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16213932)
Tammy, if you just came off low cal diet, then it makes sense that you wouldn't see the normal, dramatic drop that many of us saw coming off low carb, or just uncontrolled eating. Or maybe you've added back some carbs and you're losing fat but retaining a bit of water.

I've had periods where I'm doing EVERYTHING right, and don't lose for a week or two. I'm just (hopefully) coming out of a full week of ups and downs and just back to my prior low from over a week ago. It ain't easy, but you just have to trust JUDDD to get things moving when they're supposed to. Stay the course! You will do it!

:goodpost: I could be retaining a little water, but I drink so much water I can't imagine I'm retaining much.
Thanks for that great post!

Kissa 01-23-2013 10:01 AM

You are right, he says to do the 500 for the first 2 weeks, but if you have been eating very low calories for some time you may find that you can handle lower DDs now.

Personally, I don't recommend dropping your UD calories yet, we want the Sirt1 to kick in and it is the the gap between the DD and UD calories that triggers that.

You may indeed find in time that you can drop the UD calories but just now I would favour dropping the DD calories. But my first recommendation would be to just keep on keeping on.

Our slow losers reach goal and below just as well as the fast losers. Only a little more slowly.

This is not a race and you will do fine. :)

tay65 01-23-2013 11:05 AM

I thought of dropping lower on DD's. I want the SIRT1 to kick in. I just get hungry on DD's though.

Kissa 01-23-2013 11:57 AM

One of the reasons to eat up to your calories on the UD is to help you through the DDs. I think you should just finish your first 2 weeks at 500 cal DDs or a bit less if you feel you are able to.

I know how we all want to see the pounds melt away, but even though you have lost more quickly before, you may have to face that this time it is going to take a little longer for the JUDDD magic. Darn it.

tay65 01-23-2013 12:19 PM

I know, but amazingly, I'm not panicing nor do I feel like giving up. This is def a HUGE change for me. I'm eating a little more fat on UD's and it helps on DD's.

Kissa 01-23-2013 12:20 PM

Brilliant.x

tay65 01-23-2013 12:22 PM

Thanks Cindy! I appreciate having help with this. I need support!

hot-in-texas 01-23-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tay65 (Post 16214705)
I know, but amazingly, I'm not panicing nor do I feel like giving up. This is def a HUGE change for me. I'm eating a little more fat on UD's and it helps on DD's.

For the first few days, I was counting my UDs andd DD calories wrong. Giving what I ate too little calories, or rounding down;)
Then I realized, no, you really do have to count each and every calorie. That is probably not your issue though as it sound like you have been counting calories for awhile now..

tay65 01-23-2013 01:00 PM

I started counting calories for the very first time when I was 13 yrs old! I had to lose 15 lbs and my parents helped me do it right. It took 3 months.
So even when I'm not "dieting", I count. Its a habit now and probably always will be! I know calorie counts of everything I eat. LOL

Alison 01-23-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tay65 (Post 16213836)
I dropped .1 today! Oh, joy, joy! I'm being sarcastic.
I'm going to drop the UD calories for sure now. I'll go to 1700 and see what happens.
I also just got done doing a super low calorie diet. Maybe thats the issue happening with me too.

I've been JUDDDing since 1/11/13 and just now starting to see the weight drop, but it's happening!!

Luv2Eat 01-23-2013 03:22 PM

:high5: Alison!

Beeb 01-23-2013 04:56 PM

I think your UD/DD calories that you are following are fine. I would keep everything and differently eat right up to those UD calories. It's the "gap" between UD and DD calories that helps JUDDD to create it's magic! I think your "gap" is fine. Coming off of low cal may be the issue right now so give it a bit more time. 2 more weeks and see what happens, that's my suggestion! :)

grammyw/kitties 01-24-2013 01:33 AM

The book talks like some people don't start to lose for a couple months, thats me..I know I feel good in this woe..patience it will come I have faith!

krow134 01-24-2013 03:45 AM

my suggestion is to keep doing what your doing. it takes some time for the woe to kick in and the gene to start working. at some point you will start losing inches that you will slowly start to notice. one thing with JUDDD is for the average person it's a slow process. most people here will tell you to give it a full month. hang in there!

adillenal 01-24-2013 03:51 AM

Patience is all I can say.

I did not lose my first two weeks of JUDDD and look at me now. If I had used the first two weeks as an indicator of weight loss I would have jumped ship and tried something else. I have had whole months that I lost NOTHING.

But I am almost 5 pounds below my original goal weight today.

If you are looking for FAST weight loss, I can recommend LC low fat because that works for me but I am not willing to restrict that much everyday.