Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Fell off the wagon and desperate to get back on : ( (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794982-fell-off-wagon-desperate-get-back.html)

maidofstone 01-21-2013 03:11 AM

Fell off the wagon and desperate to get back on : (

Hi everyone,

I was doing really well in JUDDD and over Christmas I completely fell off the wagon , I've carried on with exercise but since not doing JUDDD I feel horrible and I just can't wait to get back into it . I've always found it really easy to do but this time I'm finding the initial new start of it way more difficult , any tips or advice for people who have re started welcome 😊

I'm really annoyed at myself and I think that's affected my mood therefore making me less enthusiastic , reading all the threads in here though has definitely got me feeling excited about being properly back on JUDDD .

casmira 01-21-2013 04:26 AM

When I have phases like that I up my DD calories to around 50% and then drop by 5% per DD until I'm back to normal. It makes it far less daunting but continues the regime and stops me from gaining.

Good luck!

LoCarbGal 01-21-2013 06:40 AM

I've never fallen all the way off, so I can't offer any good advice on that. I did struggle just a bit after New Years, getting my UDs back in control. I think casmira's advice is really good, to work your way back down gradually so you're not so miserable. Good luck!

Carly 01-21-2013 07:24 AM

I think that is a good suggestion to work your way down. My only thought is DDs are much easier when SIRTs are flowing so the sooner your DDs are lower the sooner you'll get the appetite suppression and other juddd magic benefits.

hot-in-texas 01-21-2013 07:30 AM

Welcome back. For me, it is the opposite, working my way down would give me too much wiggle room. My first DD started at 11 am, I hadn't eaten anything yet so I made it a DD. I started at my calculated DD calories, less than 500.(371)

Flutter 01-21-2013 08:08 AM

Ugh, I know how bad the DDs can be when starting! I had some rough ones recently myself. I agree with Carly, though. For ME, I get hungrier once I start eating so I keep my DDs as low as possible. I tell myself it makes the next DD easier, too. ;) For people that are able to eat some calories on DDs and not wake the evil hunger monster, I think casmira's plan is a great one! You have options girl and you can do it!!!!

Luna Loca 01-21-2013 11:24 AM

I agree with Carly. Getting back into the mode of nice low down days gets that appetite suppression going quicker. Telling myself "it's only one day" helps a lot when I want to give in and throw in the towel.

I also find it helps me to not eat until as late in the day as possible, as eating just makes me hungrier. The later I can go before I need to eat, the more successful my down day turns out to be.

Also I might suggest Resveratrol. I take it on down days and it helps suppress my appetite.

Carly 01-21-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16210249)
I agree with Carly. Getting back into the mode of nice low down days gets that appetite suppression going quicker. Telling myself "it's only one day" helps a lot when I want to give in and throw in the towel.

I also find it helps me to not eat until as late in the day as possible, as eating just makes me hungrier. The later I can go before I need to eat, the more successful my down day turns out to be.
Also I might suggest Resveratrol. I take it on down days and it helps suppress my appetite.

:goodpost:
If you are not into the resveratrol or want something else pterostilbene can help too!

Kettleboy 01-21-2013 11:43 AM

Know how you feel, Xmas, a couple of weeks of flu, business trip to Paris and. Neck injury. 13 1/2 lb up this morning, having a DD, but thoroughly depressed and dejected.

LoCarbGal 01-21-2013 11:48 AM

Wow, Kettleboy, you've really been through it. I hope the flu is gone and the neck is getting better fast. Don't worry, you'll shed those extra pounds quickly. Don't let it get you down!

sterlinggirl 01-21-2013 11:54 AM

You got this girl, :heart: Keep comming here when you feel you dont have your own stregnth, we will be here to help you stay accountable till you are strong enough and back on your own two feet!! :hugs:.
Also.. This is not a race guys.. what you lost you have lost!! What you gain.. you WILL lose again.. this is a process, there is no quick fix.. no magic pills or cures for our own lack of will power,, so learn to be patient with your self,, dont hate on what you are unable to do right this second... Keep getting up!!! You only fail when you decide to fall and then just lay there! So GEt up and keep on believing in your self!! :heart: :console:
LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS TO BOTH KETTLE BOY AND MAIDOFSTONE!

Carly 01-21-2013 11:55 AM

Kettle boy- I hope you start feeling better soon!

Luna Loca 01-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16210323)
You got this girl, :heart: Keep comming here when you feel you dont have your own stregnth, we will be here to help you stay accountable till you are strong enough and back on your own two feet!! :hugs:.
Also.. This is not a race guys.. what you lost you have lost!! What you gain.. you WILL lose again.. this is a process, there is no quick fix.. no magic pills or cures for our own lack of will power,, so learn to be patient with your self,, dont hate on what you are unable to do right this second... Keep getting up!!! You only fail when you decide to fall and then just lay there! So GEt up and keep on believing in your self!! :heart: :console:
LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS TO BOTH KETTLE BOY AND MAIDOFSTONE!

:goodpost:

sterlinggirl 01-21-2013 12:45 PM

Sorry if i came across rather snarkey.. I didnt mean to.. :hugs: :console:

Carly 01-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16210418)
Sorry if i came across rather snarkey.. I didnt mean to.. :hugs: :console:

Didn't sound snarky to me...

Flutter 01-21-2013 04:55 PM

I thought it was lovely, sterling!

Kettleboy, so sorry you've had such a rough time lately!

Kettleboy 01-21-2013 11:08 PM

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your words.

Don't want to railroad this thread..

I have a history of feeling awful depressed when big losses are going on, got on the scales this morning; in 24 hours I am down 10 lbs!!

Yes I know it's water, mainly caused by a course of prednisone to conbat a chest infection relating to flu. but at least I have a reason for feeling so down yesterday. generally not a down person.

Neck still bad, fell over in a hotel room:-( didnt get my hands out quick enough and landed on my face, which has now healed, but neck not good, i suspect its a whiplash type injury?

So UD today and see whwere that takes me.

Thanks again

Seabreezes 01-21-2013 11:32 PM

Hope the neck heals fast. Do you go to chiropractors?

Yay on losing all the water weight. My mother was on prednisone for years....awful stuff, but does the trick if needed.

Carly 01-22-2013 03:53 AM

Glad you are starting to feel a bit better. Does heat help the neck pain?

Kissa 01-22-2013 04:07 AM

Maidofstone, I hope you started with a nice guilt free UD?

I think a lot of people don't do this because they have been eating too much anyway so think a DD is the answer. But I am a firm believer in letting go of that feeling of guilt that we allow to happen when we "fall off the wagon".

That is why I really think the first day of JUDDD should be an UD. You remind yourself of the delicious foods that you are permitted to eat. You eat lovely healthy foods as well as that favourite cookie or bread. You eat well and remind yourself that all food is good and that loving it does not make you a bad person.

Then comes the DD and you hold the thought of the good guilt free food you can enjoy the following day.

And of course if you eat 600 calories, that is a bit disappointing, but it doesn't mean you have failed. On you next DD you will do better.

One of the worst things we can do to ourselves is make food and our love of it a 'bad' thing. Looking forward to seeing your posts more often.

Wow, Kettleboy, you have had a bad time, take care of that neck. I am glad you are losing again and I know you will soon be loving your weight once more.

Kettleboy 01-22-2013 04:28 AM

Heat does help while it's on it, and interestingly it eases during exercise. Haven't tried Chiro, was hoping it was going to just go away, but suspect i need intervention?

My fear is that ripping my neck back violently has herniated a cervical disc, having already been diagnosed with a Lower back herniation I'm obviously prone...

If it's a disc I suspect time is the only healer, as the day goes on a get an ache up along the Scalene and into the base of my skull. the origin of the pain seems to be the upper Rhomboid, between the shoulder blade and spine, any ideas?

Librarygirl 01-22-2013 04:33 AM

:goodpost: Cindy, and so loving.:love: