Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What does UUAD mean to you? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794961-what-does-uuad-mean-you.html)

Librarygirl 01-20-2013 05:06 PM

What does UUAD mean to you?

When you say you've had a UUAD (up, up and away day) how do you define it? By going over 200 calorie, 500, 1000?:dunno: I was just curious. I went over today by about 500 calories to put me at 2300. I still don't really feel like it was a UUAD...

mom23kids 01-20-2013 05:24 PM

I don't really count my UDs, but I can tell when I've had an UUAD-the entire week of Christmas was like this :o :laugh: If I eat a lot of carby food, go out to eat and order a big meal (like an all you can eat pizza buffet :yummy: ), if I snack/graze throughout an entire day, or if I have a lot of sugary items, I know my calories have gone crazy. I consider anything over 2,000 calories for me to be an UUAD :)

Librarygirl 01-20-2013 05:27 PM

I think if I had gone up to 3000 I'd call it a UUAD. :D I didn't count my UD's for a long time and guestimated at them...I'd count a few things then not count the rest...probably had a lot of UUAD's because it's suprisingly easy to hit my numbers! I only had one meal that I didn't even finish eating (left off the sides of my KFC meal) and still managed to go over. That was with a cupcake and icecream though. :D :D hee hee, but it made me really happy. ;)

sunday 01-20-2013 05:31 PM

I have UUAD every time we go out to eat which is about once per week. I think it is important to allow ourselves one each week, or else we may give up on the restriction of calories. Don't you? :confused:

My UUAD varies, but goes from 200 to 800 cals above. I have a fav Mexican restaurant. Also, I haven't eaten Thai or Korean in a while, but imagine that would throw over by 1,000.

Librarygirl 01-20-2013 05:33 PM

Yes I do believe we should have UUAD's. I just never saw where anyone said exactly how "up and away" they went. :D Oh, and this most definitely will be a UUAD after all. I've decided to have a couple of cocktails. ;)

sunday 01-20-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16208761)
Yes I do believe we should have UUAD's. I just never saw where anyone said exactly how "up and away" they went. :D Oh, and this most definitely will be a UUAD after all. I've decided to have a couple of cocktails. ;)

Enjoy! :sing:

Carly 01-20-2013 06:28 PM

Well, I'm just so determined to get to goal that in 10 mos of JUDDD I think I had only 1 uuad. It was just a non- stop eating free for all at a family BBQ. I felt gross- stuffed and nothing was that great. I guess I don't feel like having uuads because it's never my one and final chance to have a forbidden food and I never order a large anything anymore. I think I use to just finish it if it was there, but I was full. Now when I'm full. I stop. I figure an uuad day canceled out all the good I did on my DD and I just want to get to goal already!

sunday 01-20-2013 06:33 PM

I suspect this is why you have lost so well too! I shouldn't complain about losing slowly, should I? :lol: I want your dedication, Carly. :)

Librarygirl 01-20-2013 07:05 PM

I find that I never eat so much now that I feel extremely full. I know the feeling and it's not pleasant. I haven't had it in a long time. However, I do sometimes eat "treats" that are high calorie and that leads to a UUAD. Most of the time, I can happily fall within my UD calories even with treats, so I call that a win-win! :)

ETA: Despite my whining and wringing of hands, I am brought back down to earth again and again by long-time JUDDDers like Adi and Nancy. I have been over 200 lbs for a long time, and it didn't happen overnight. In fact it happened gradually over 10 years or more. So, to be able to lose down to a healthy weight within a year's time or less should be satisfactory for me, since I am able to do so with such enjoyment. That is what I need to keep in mind. :)

hot-in-texas 01-20-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16208867)
I suspect this is why you have lost so well too! I shouldn't complain about losing slowly, should I? :lol: I want your dedication, Carly. :)

Ditto

tobelowcarber 01-21-2013 04:59 AM

For me UUAD is not just over-eating by few hundred calories, it is when I reach over 3000 cal and stop counting for the rest of the day and go higher. I think the highest I have gone was like 4500 cal. Usually this happens with the help of macadamia nuts :lol: during PMS.

krow134 01-21-2013 06:33 AM

UUAD to me is when I stop counting calories and I know I have gone over but continue to eat. usually when I am really stressed I do this. but I do have UUAD that is because I am truely hungry and my tummy keeps rumbling no matter the food or water I put in it. this is usually before TOM and I decided instead of fighting it I will have one scheduled crazy calorie day the day TOM starts.

TryingJudd 01-21-2013 06:48 AM

I count anything over 2500 cals as an UUAD for me (about 700 over UD cals) but it is more about the lack of counting and the uncontrolled snacking or sugar binges. It frequently happens when I eat out and have wine LOL as the restaurant calories and options and salt and portions are a challenge to control. Unfortunately I love to eat out and do so frequently. It seems a crying shame to eat "diet food" when out at a lovely place with all those options and to pass on the wine. I am certain that eating out has been a deterrent to my weight loss but it is an important part of my social life and my life so I deal -usually by whining a lot about not losing weight!

Librarygirl 01-21-2013 07:34 AM

I heard that TJ! The science is pretty good, so more often that not our lack of loss has to do with what we're eating. :)

sorenkkg 01-21-2013 09:11 AM

UUAD is when I don't count cals b/c I'm afraid of what I'd see :eek:

My UD is 2000 to 2200 (my true upper limit at this weight/age/etc).

But I could eat almost 1000 at breakfast if I'm not careful, so UUAD could be 3000, 4000, OMG.

If I go 100 or 200 over on an UD, I'd not sweat it.
however, usually, if I'm counting on an UD, I get just below my # and stop, so going over by that small amount doesn't usually happen. Go big or go home, ya know?

Oh, and UUAD would be having an UD on a DD, that'd bother me too.

Hopefulsweigh 01-21-2013 09:14 AM

UUAD means I have stopped counting and I keep stuffing my face.

UUAD for me is a binge.

LoCarbGal 01-21-2013 09:17 AM

For me, UUAD is out of control, not counting. Not just a few hundred over.

mom23kids 01-21-2013 09:20 AM

Hmmm, I think I need to rethink how I define what an UUAD is :laugh:

svenskamae 01-21-2013 02:12 PM

For me UUAD is also out of control, not counting, eating after I know that I've passed my calorie allotment, for reasons other than hunger or for stress-based hunger. If I kept track of the calories and went 100 over, or so, I'd not feel bad about that, but an out of control--stress and sleeplessness-inspired--UUAD really upsets me, and I'm going to try hard to avoid them.

adillenal 01-21-2013 04:44 PM

UUAD for me usually includes carrot cake or ice cream and way over my calorie limit. BUT I had many of these in my weightloss journey and I am below my original goal weight and on my way to my new goal weight.

WantToBeSlim 01-21-2013 05:39 PM

I count both up and down days, and for my to refer to an up day as an UUAD I would have to have gone over by 500+ calories. I often go over anyway, but try not to have too many UUAD's.

LoCarbGal 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16210885)
UUAD for me usually includes carrot cake or ice cream and way over my calorie limit. BUT I had many of these in my weightloss journey and I am below my original goal weight and on my way to my new goal weight.

A very good point, Adi! UUADs are disappointing when they happen, but they certainly aren't the end of the world, and maybe they're even necessary to our long-term survival on this WOE!

Eieio 01-22-2013 11:13 AM

2,000 wish!
More like 3,000
Did I mention eating out of the malted malt jar on up and a way day? Or was it a dd..hummm, I think it was.. Embarrassing.
Being honest, here, I will cheat, but will also come clean at the end of the day. Smile.

stephdray 01-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16209932)
UUAD is when I don't count cals b/c I'm afraid of what I'd see :eek:

My UD is 2000 to 2200 (my true upper limit at this weight/age/etc).

But I could eat almost 1000 at breakfast if I'm not careful, so UUAD could be 3000, 4000, OMG.

If I go 100 or 200 over on an UD, I'd not sweat it.
however, usually, if I'm counting on an UD, I get just below my # and stop, so going over by that small amount doesn't usually happen. Go big or go home, ya know?

Oh, and UUAD would be having an UD on a DD, that'd bother me too.

We could be twins separated at birth, Soren. Except you're the cute one. Yes, to every single thing you said here.

Joyjoy 01-22-2013 04:46 PM

I could double that at breakfast. Just saying.

KeirasMom 01-23-2013 06:55 AM

I call any day I don't count an UUAD. So far, that's mainly been at amusement parks, where I've also walked heaps.

sterlinggirl 01-23-2013 01:08 PM

Yup for me... UUAD are to the tune of 4,000 or 5,000 caloires.. ITs in part cuz i restrict WHAT i eat every day.. So every now and then i just HAVE to eat an entire Cream cheese brownie cake.. in one day.. along with sevral candy bars, and a half a loaf of home made bread , and then top it off with a few meals out att MCD on this day will do it.. I just some times feel i NEED to do this..:( as sad as it is, ive done this more since the holidays.. before that,, i had the whole will power thing going on.. :)

tobelowcarber 01-23-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16214818)
Yup for me... UUAD are to the tune of 4,000 or 5,000 caloires.. ITs in part cuz i restrict WHAT i eat every day.. So every now and then i just HAVE to eat an entire Cream cheese brownie cake.. in one day.. along with sevral candy bars, and a half a loaf of home made bread , and then top it off with a few meals out att MCD on this day will do it.. I just some times feel i NEED to do this..:( as sad as it is, ive done this more since the holidays.. before that,, i had the whole will power thing going on.. :)

I had 2 days like these this month and I also feel it helped me mentally. I felt like I was really craving some foods so I went for it and stopped counting. I wont lie that I was not counting in my head :lol: but that's OK. As long as I had good DD next day, I was fine. I have actually lost nicely after 2 UUAD days this month. During my previous attempts with JUDD I was so guilty of having UUAD that I gave up completely and was continuing to the next day and so forth and that's when I decided to quit JUDD.

sorenkkg 01-24-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephdray (Post 16212995)
We could be twins separated at birth, Soren. Except you're the cute one. Yes, to every single thing you said here.

Shut Up! You're the cute one!!!!! :high5: And I think you're taller ;)

Just had to say, I'm on a DD, I just had 2 slices of salami and an extra serving of soup... this thread is making me feel much better about myself in the moment!

And now I'm trying to figure out how to get carrot cake, ice cream, and some sort of cheesecake situation going for tomorrow's UD ;)

Librarygirl 01-24-2013 03:48 PM

I can't believe just a week ago I had the nerve to wonder how in the world kettleboy could eat 6000 calories. :D I now know that I could easily zip through 4000 with no problem, so 6000 is not a huge stretch (but would be for my pants!).:hyst: