Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Time to try something new. Help Please!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794939-time-try-something-new-help-please.html)

Debrat3 01-20-2013 11:05 AM

Time to try something new. Help Please!!!

I cant seem to get this weight loss going for some time now. I think its time to try to go down in up day calories or not? Im not sure what I can do but I want progress and Im not getting anywhere. Jan. is almost over and I am just maintaining my weight and I am heavy so this is crazy. Im at 2000 UD and 500 DD. I was wondering what all your calories are when you add the UD and DD calories and divide by 2? Mine comes out to 1250 is that low enough to lose weight? I am tired and not going down at all. I think I have been more than patient. Please give me your input. :stars:

Dottie 01-20-2013 11:12 AM

Before I changed calorie, I'd play detective on *where* the cals are coming from.
What do you normally eat?
While JUDDD allows freedom of any foods you want, a lot of people still have to limit things like grains and sugar to lose:)

sunday 01-20-2013 11:13 AM

:console: I may sound strange for asking this, but have you tried going down just 50 cals on UD and down 100 on DD? And also keep this to a window? Even if it is a 9 hour window. :confused:

Carly 01-20-2013 11:13 AM

Debbie how old are you? I am willing to play with the calculator for you. I do think when we are really overweight for our hieght that the calculator is not always accurate for UDs. I really, really, couldn't eat all my UD calories at my start weight. I did it at least 1 UD out of the week, but I felt pressured to do it or risk not losing and I think those numbers were just not quite right for me. I'm not a math expert but I think Dr. J's calculator gets skewwed when your height weight ratio is on the higher end- IMHO.

sunday 01-20-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16208056)
Before I changed calorie, I'd play detective on *where* the cals are coming from.
What do you normally eat?
While JUDDD allows freedom of any foods you want, a lot of people still have to limit things like grains and sugar to lose:)

:agree: Agree! I can't do high carb myself. No wheat, sugar, and limited processed.

Carly 01-20-2013 11:18 AM

Not knowing your exact age you could try 1950/400 for a week or 2 and see how that goes?

Carly 01-20-2013 11:24 AM

At my current weight my UD is 1612 DD 322= 967 for a daily average, but here is the thing for me: I try to never go over 200 DD sometimes under 100 and the kicker- I don't count UDs- ever. I think I'm very lucky that I really know how to eat till satisfied and then just stop. If there is no sleepwalking I'm good as gold. I minimize sleepwalk eating, but minimizing what I keep in the house. Recently I've just been sleeping better, which sure helps.

gotsomeold 01-20-2013 11:31 AM

What does Dr J's website calculate your DD and UD calories should be?

Do you have a log showing what calories each day you ate in the last week?

If your stats are correct, unless something comes up as we research this, I do not think 2000 calories is too high at your weight. 500/2000 should be working.

Hmmmm...

Has your IBS come back? I wonder if something you are eating is causing inflammation. That can cause a body to hold what it's got. Have you noticed discomfort after eating certain foods?

gotsomeold 01-20-2013 11:33 AM

WOW

LOOK at all the BUDDDs who jumped in at the same time? Are we all living the same schedule???

Debrat3 01-20-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16208062)
Debbie how old are you? I am willing to play with the calculator for you. I do think when we are really overweight for our hieght that the calculator is not always accurate for UDs. I really, really, couldn't eat all my UD calories at my start weight. I did it at least 1 UD out of the week, but I felt pressured to do it or risk not losing and I think those numbers were just not quite right for me. I'm not a math expert but I think Dr. J's calculator gets skewwed when your height weight ratio is on the higher end- IMHO.

Carly I just tured 52 and menapause is in its prime. I am 5'3". Today I was up at 245. I just want to start losing. I'll do what I have to to get this going.

Debrat3 01-20-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16208094)
What does Dr J's website calculate your DD and UD calories should be?

Do you have a log showing what calories each day you ate in the last week?

If your stats are correct, unless something comes up as we research this, I do not think 2000 calories is too high at your weight. 500/2000 should be working.

Hmmmm...

Has your IBS come back? I wonder if something you are eating is causing inflammation. That can cause a body to hold what it's got. Have you noticed discomfort after eating certain foods?

No IBS one thing I love about JUDD. I dont low carb on UD's but do on DD just because thats how my calories are spent. I dont want to low carb ALL the time cause thats what sends me off in crazy eating from feeling deprived. I mean I could cut back on carbs but I just want to beable to have that freedom if I want. Does that make sense. I thought that was one of the beautys of JUDD.
I write down what I eat but dont log it into online calculator. But tally my cals.

Debrat3 01-20-2013 12:09 PM

Today is a DD here is what I will be eating.
I had my coffee with cream 80 cals
Cabbage dish divided into 2 meals. Just had my first half at 11:30
Cabbage 100 cals. sauteed in pam
4 oz. chicken 135 cals.
1 wedge laughing cow cheese 35

Later will heat second half up for dinner. If need be a boiled egg but will probably just eat rest of cabbage.

This is mostly my dd meal. I just love it. Some times I will eat 2 boiled eggs at noon and make the cabbage dish at dinner. So my DD are very simple.

Carly 01-20-2013 12:38 PM

My initial guess was pretty good. I would try 2000-1900/425-400. If that works for you I would try 2 weeks and see.

Carly 01-20-2013 12:43 PM

The 1900/400= 1150 daily average I would think you could lose well on that :dunno:

gotsomeold 01-20-2013 12:56 PM

Dang, you have reminded me of the wonders of cabbage - and I have none! Ah well, that can be fixed.

I agree with Carly, try dropping UD and DD a little bit and see what happens.

And :hugs: Based on your history of IBS, you are probably seeing a slow weight loss start because your body is cleaning up a lot of cellular damage and still working to stabilize itself. There is reason to hope you are getting healthier even though a real weight loss pattern has not kicked in yet. I believe it will.

hot-in-texas 01-20-2013 01:06 PM

Maybe you could try about 100 more on your UD and 100 less on your DD

gotsomeold 01-20-2013 02:32 PM

Oh on another thread you talked about having a eating window (time) on UDs. I think that is a very good idea!

jenericstewart 01-20-2013 02:40 PM

You can eat more calories if your carb count is lower. Instead of lowering your calorie count, I would lower your carb count (if you're eating higher carb). I'm not talking going very low carb. Try 100 carbs on up days. Also, make sure you're eating enough protein, which helps keep your metabolism higher.

Debrat3 01-20-2013 02:49 PM

Ok I have decided go 1900 UD 400 DD. I am doing a 8 hr. window which just seems healthier to me. I will also try eating lower carb by cutting out some wheat and sugar but will not go strick low carb. I want to see first if lowering my cals is what is needed. Thanks everyone for your help. Wish me luck and I hope to have a good report in a few days. :)

hot-in-texas 01-20-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 16208453)
Ok I have decided go 1900 UD 400 DD. I am doing a 8 hr. window which just seems healthier to me. I will also try eating lower carb by cutting out some wheat and sugar but will not go strick low carb. I want to see first if lowering my cals is what is needed. Thanks everyone for your help. Wish me luck and I hope to have a good report in a few days. :)

Keep us posted, I am anxious to see how this change works for you:)

sunday 01-20-2013 03:34 PM

I am keeping fingers crossed. :aprayer:

Carly 01-20-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16208479)
Keep us posted, I am anxious to see how this change works for you:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16208536)
I am keeping fingers crossed. :aprayer:

Yes! I hope this will be just what you need!

Librarygirl 01-20-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 16208125)
Carly I just tured 52 and menapause is in its prime. I am 5'3". Today I was up at 245. I just want to start losing. I'll do what I have to to get this going.

I feel your pain.:hugs: I am 48 and going into early menopause it seems, as I've only had two TOMs this year (well, 2012, march and Nov). I am having to struggle to lose too, and although I celebrated losing a lb this month, and all the JB's celebrated with me, it's not much. However, it IS losing. We may have to adjust to losing slowly, or move to another plan that is far less satisfying. That is what I comfort myself with.:console:

LoCarbGal 01-21-2013 06:47 AM

Debbie, I sure hope this plan works for you and I'm looking forward to your posting and letting us know in the coming days/weeks.

When my losses started slowing, I left my UD calories pretty much alone, and I tried lower DDs. I stayed at 500 for a few months, and then lowered them. Now I'm trying to stay in the low 400s, like 400-430. It seems to have worked.

Good luck!