Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,551
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Considering JUDDD - have ?? - can you help?

Hello group,
I'm new to LCF and new to this forum. I joined originally because I was doing Atkins. Lost lots of weight years ago with Atkins, put it all plus some back on. Yo-yo'ed over the years and I'm looking for something that I can stick with! Didn't know about JUDDD until I started browsing LCF and the research I've done so far, I think this is something that can work for me! You mean there are days I can eat normally and still lose weight! Sign me up!
However, despite reading lots on the internet and spending literally HOURS combing old threads, I still have questions. I'm hoping you call can chime in with answers to some or all of what I'm listing below. I've learned from re-starting Atkins (and having it not go so great this time around) and the boards here that the "rules" are one thing, what works in practicality is another.
Many, many profuse thanks in advance for any assistance anyone feels they are willing to provide! Cheers!

1. For the folks combining LC and JUDDD - are you LC always? Only on UD? Only on DD? And what's your carb limit?
2. Does it matter where your calories come from on UD? Or, for that matter, DD? Like, if I wanted a piece of chocolate cake on UD, as long as I stayed at my allotment for the day it would be ok?
3. Does it work to alternate LC on UD and maybe a few more carbs on DD? The reason I ask this specifically is that Dr Johnson recommends shakes on DD. There are a couple shake mixes I have that I LOVE and would be great for DDs but they're a bit higher on the carbs (I think 13-20 depending on the flavor) per shake but only 120 calories so...???
4. Are the calories Net or total? In other words, if my UD goal is 1500, and I burn 200 through exercise, do I still aim for the 1500 or do I get to hit 1700? I've tried diets where both rules apply.
5. I see people talking CO and fat bombs here too. Is this a way you're trying to get in your calories on the UD? Through the use of good fats?
6. Can someone please suggest a thread or 2 to learn more about the "hacks" - potatoes, eggs, etc I see mentioned periodically throughout your conversations. I'd like to learn more without someone having to explain it again.

After losing all the weight with Atkins years ago, I have kind of eliminated "bad carbs" from my regular diet. No pastas, breads, very little sweets, don't do chips, etc. Just don't like or crave them anymore. My carbs were coming from fruits, potatoes, quinoa, higher carb veggies, etc. So I don't think my weight gain was from a carb problem, per se, I think I handle them ok, I've lost weight on calorie restrictive diets before just can't maintain and either quit or gain it all back because I go crazy on the back side of accomplishing my goals. Anyway, now I'm just rambling so I will sign off with yet another gigantic THANK YOU!

Last edited by Yennie; 01-19-2013 at 11:06 PM..
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Hello group,
I'm new to LCF and new to this forum. I joined originally because I was doing Atkins. Lost lots of weight years ago with Atkins, put it all plus some back on. Yo-yo'ed over the years and I'm looking for something that I can stick with! Didn't know about JUDDD until I started browsing LCF and the research I've done so far, I think this is something that can work for me! You mean there are days I can eat normally and still lose weight! Sign me up!
However, despite reading lots on the internet and spending literally HOURS combing old threads, I still have questions. I'm hoping you call can chime in with answers to some or all of what I'm listing below. I've learned from re-starting Atkins (and having it not go so great this time around) and the boards here that the "rules" are one thing, what works in practicality is another.
Many, many profuse thanks in advance for any assistance anyone feels they are willing to provide! Cheers!

1. For the folks combining LC and JUDDD - are you LC always? Only on UD? Only on DD? And what's your carb limit? I'm not lc, so I can't answer this one
2. Does it matter where your calories come from on UD? Or, for that matter, DD? Like, if I wanted a piece of chocolate cake on UD, as long as I stayed at my allotment for the day it would be ok? It does not matter what you eat-it's just about the calories
3. Does it work to alternate LC on UD and maybe a few more carbs on DD? The reason I ask this specifically is that Dr Johnson recommends shakes on DD. There are a couple shake mixes I have that I LOVE and would be great for DDs but they're a bit higher on the carbs (I think 13-20 depending on the flavor) per shake but only 120 calories so...??? I started out with shakes, but ditched them pretty quickly because there's other options that are lower calories
4. Are the calories Net or total? In other words, if my UD goal is 1500, and I burn 200 through exercise, do I still aim for the 1500 or do I get to hit 1700? I've tried diets where both rules apply. I don't exercise, so I don't know?
5. I see people talking CO and fat bombs here too. Is this a way you're trying to get in your calories on the UD? Through the use of good fats? You'll find that sometimes it's actually hard to get in all our UD calories So, a piece of chocolate, a glass of wine, co or nuts can be used to add calories. It's really important that you get as close as possible to your UD calorie amount!
6. Can someone please suggest a thread or 2 to learn more about the "hacks" - potatoes, eggs, etc I see mentioned periodically throughout your conversations. I'd like to learn more without someone having to explain it again. Starting out, I'd just stick to JUDDD and get a few rotations done so you can get into the rhythm of it. Then you can start experimenting with the hacks if you want I like doing them myself, but there's lots of JUDDDers who don't do hacks at all and stick to strict JUDDD rotations

After losing all the weight with Atkins years ago, I have kind of eliminated "bad carbs" from my regular diet. No pastas, breads, very little sweets, don't do chips, etc. Just don't like or crave them anymore. My carbs were coming from fruits, potatoes, quinoa, higher carb veggies, etc. So I don't think my weight gain was from a carb problem, per se, I think I handle them ok, I've lost weight on calorie restrictive diets before just can't maintain and either quit or gain it all back because I go crazy on the back side of accomplishing my goals. Anyway, now I'm just rambling so I will sign off with yet another gigantic THANK YOU!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,608
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Hello group,
I'm new to LCF and new to this forum. I joined originally because I was doing Atkins. Lost lots of weight years ago with Atkins, put it all plus some back on. Yo-yo'ed over the years and I'm looking for something that I can stick with! Didn't know about JUDDD until I started browsing LCF and the research I've done so far, I think this is something that can work for me! You mean there are days I can eat normally and still lose weight! Sign me up!
However, despite reading lots on the internet and spending literally HOURS combing old threads, I still have questions. I'm hoping you call can chime in with answers to some or all of what I'm listing below. I've learned from re-starting Atkins (and having it not go so great this time around) and the boards here that the "rules" are one thing, what works in practicality is another.
Many, many profuse thanks in advance for any assistance anyone feels they are willing to provide! Cheers!

1. For the folks combining LC and JUDDD - are you LC always? Only on UD? Only on DD? And what's your carb limit? I stopped Atkins when I came to JUDDD, and haven't counted a carb since.
2. Does it matter where your calories come from on UD? Or, for that matter, DD? Like, if I wanted a piece of chocolate cake on UD, as long as I stayed at my allotment for the day it would be ok? If you plan on staying LC, it matters. If you don't plan on staying LC, it doesn't (unless your body has specific food requirements). I eat anything and everything.
3. Does it work to alternate LC on UD and maybe a few more carbs on DD? The reason I ask this specifically is that Dr Johnson recommends shakes on DD. There are a couple shake mixes I have that I LOVE and would be great for DDs but they're a bit higher on the carbs (I think 13-20 depending on the flavor) per shake but only 120 calories so...??? JUDDD doesn't care what you eat. Again, carb limits don't matter to JUDDD, they only matter to you.
4. Are the calories Net or total? In other words, if my UD goal is 1500, and I burn 200 through exercise, do I still aim for the 1500 or do I get to hit 1700? I've tried diets where both rules apply. We usually recommend using total rather than net, just because, if you've worked that hard to burn the calories, why would you want to undo that by eating them back? YMMV. I'm just starting to exercise regularly, and I'm stalling. I've tried to eat net and total, but haven't really noticed a difference, but I'm also very close to goal now. I've decided to maintain this month while I get used to exercise and then go from there.
5. I see people talking CO and fat bombs here too. Is this a way you're trying to get in your calories on the UD? Through the use of good fats? I think most of the people who use fat bombs here are still LC. I wouldn't spend my precious calories on them when I could eat pizza instead.
6. Can someone please suggest a thread or 2 to learn more about the "hacks" - potatoes, eggs, etc I see mentioned periodically throughout your conversations. I'd like to learn more without someone having to explain it again. I would recommend doing JUDDD, as written, without any hacks or experiments, for at least a month to get the hang of it. It works beautifully for almost everyone without trying to tweak or change anything.

After losing all the weight with Atkins years ago, I have kind of eliminated "bad carbs" from my regular diet. No pastas, breads, very little sweets, don't do chips, etc. Just don't like or crave them anymore. My carbs were coming from fruits, potatoes, quinoa, higher carb veggies, etc. So I don't think my weight gain was from a carb problem, per se, I think I handle them ok, I've lost weight on calorie restrictive diets before just can't maintain and either quit or gain it all back because I go crazy on the back side of accomplishing my goals. Anyway, now I'm just rambling so I will sign off with yet another gigantic THANK YOU!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,979
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome Yennie!! I think you will love JUDDD. What no one can explain to you, and trust me I've wanted lots of splaining , is that you will have to do the diet for a while before you figure out what works for you. One thing I can suggest strongly is that you eat all the calories recommended for your weight by the JUDDD calculator. Although it seems like weigh-loss will be faster if you cut your UD calories by a few hundred, it often is not AND you run the risk of diet burnout, which you've already experienced like so many of us. As for LC, no it does not matter where your calories come from and it's purely a personal choice...if you want cake on UD, you can eat it! Some people use fat bombs, oils, etc. to up their calories on UD, but some of us don't need it, or don't want it. The shakes are something that you have to try to see how it works for you too. I found that I need to eat my DD calories or else I am too hungry, plus the shakes are mostly high calorie (when you only have 500 or less to spare)...as for all the hacks, the threads are on the JUDDD forum and the titles are self-explanatory. Each one has an explanation in the first post usually.

Good luck and WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Cindy
__________________


"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."


"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,447
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Great answers!

While JUDDDing, you will learn a lot about yourself and how food affects you - which might change as the sirtuins have their effect.

Some people need to eat early in the day, others do best if they wait till evening. Some eat little and often, some can fast all day on a DD.

Everyone's different and you have to find what's comfortable for you. Most of us have found there's enough to learn in tailoring the times and quantities of our meals within our prescribed calorie allowance. So I suggest you try the prescribed way for a few weeks before you try to tweak it.

I don't exercise and I don't do LC, as I don't have a problem with carbs. If I stick to my UD/DD calorie allowances and rotate as regularly as possible, I lose weight - painlessly.

I don't eat many carbs on my DDs because I prefer to use the cals for veggies. If carbs actually trigger hunger for you, you might want to restrict them on DDs.

Yennie.
I wish you an enjoyable and successful JUDDD journey.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,612
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Hello group,

1. For the folks combining LC and JUDDD - are you LC always? Only on UD? Only on DD? And what's your carb limit?
2. Does it matter where your calories come from on UD? Or, for that matter, DD? Like, if I wanted a piece of chocolate cake on UD, as long as I stayed at my allotment for the day it would be ok?
3. Does it work to alternate LC on UD and maybe a few more carbs on DD? The reason I ask this specifically is that Dr Johnson recommends shakes on DD. There are a couple shake mixes I have that I LOVE and would be great for DDs but they're a bit higher on the carbs (I think 13-20 depending on the flavor) per shake but only 120 calories so...???
4. Are the calories Net or total? In other words, if my UD goal is 1500, and I burn 200 through exercise, do I still aim for the 1500 or do I get to hit 1700? I've tried diets where both rules apply.
5. I see people talking CO and fat bombs here too. Is this a way you're trying to get in your calories on the UD? Through the use of good fats?
6. Can someone please suggest a thread or 2 to learn more about the "hacks" - potatoes, eggs, etc I see mentioned periodically throughout your conversations. I'd like to learn more without someone having to explain it again.

!


#1- I'm not low carb- so won't answer here.

#2- It does not matter where your calories come from! If you want chocolate cake, milk shakes and banana splits you can have it if it fits your calories for UD or DD. I would not recommend this as a regular habit since it's not nutritious, but JUDDD doesn't care about anything but calories and adhering to your limits.

#3- Most of us did not do shakes, but you can if you like and they can be low carb or high carb as long as the calories work.

#4- I don't add or subtract anything from exercise. I don't do strenuous workouts, but I see exercise as a bonus. Others can chime in on this who workout more intensely then I do.

#5- Those people are combining LC in some form. Fat bombs have nothing necessarily to do with juddd, but juddd can be combined with any other WOE that one likes.

6#- I don't do any hacks, but later I'll link a thread or 2 for you.

Again !
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,612
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
A DD Hack

Here is one of the hacks that people have tried.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,944
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi Yennie!

There's huge freedom with JUDDD. You really just need to pay attention to calories, and after that you can go low carb if that's best for you, eat chocolate cake, whatever you want. Any food choice is fine for JUDDD as long as the calories work. Many people find this frees them from the power or formerly forbidden foods, and it also makes it easier to stick with long term.

So, you could do the shakes you like, or not do any shakes ... Dr. Johnson didn't seem to have faith that people would be able to calculate their food calories accurately.

Usually the hacks are for when you want a bit of a change or are facing some kind of a stall. They're good to know about, but usually simple JUDDD works just fine.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,746
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
We spend all of our lives being told if we just eat this, or refrain from eating that, or take this supplement, or do this exercise then we will lose weight...and if we don't it is our fault because we did something wrong.

Then, along comes JUDDD that effectively says, the only thing you did wrong was think you were just like everyone else...here is an eating format...DD/UD/DD/UD...you figure out what you need within the format. The freedom is mind blowing and scarey, isn't it?

Plan, plan, plan what you think you will need, then jump in. Be prepared to make adjustments - first as you learn more about yourself, second as you lose weight, gain health, and your needs change.

As far as exercise goes, many/most of our heavy exercisers do need to eat back some of the calories. Many/most of our mild or intermittent exercisers do not, or only eat back part of them. Run some tests on yourself. See how you feel and do some tuning.

Welcome!!!!
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,551
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Thank you all so much for your advice and support. I put my stats in the calculator from Dr Johnson's site and it says 2228 calories for UD and 446 for DD. Yikes! Over 2000 calories! Holy cow, you're right there are days you have trouble hitting your UD calories!
I put in the "Light Exercise, 1-3 days/week" as my activity level because I do exercise almost daily but sometimes its just 20 min or some resistance bands - nothing really intense every day so I didn't want to overestimate my exercise.
The reason I specifically asked about eating back the calories was because when I had tried a shake-based, limited calories program in the past, they wanted you to eat back your calories so your net stayed at 1200. The theory being that by not, you're risking sending your body into "starvation mode". Since that's something that JUDDD plays with, I wondered about everyone's experience.
Sounds like I just need to jump in and go for it! Think it would be okay to do 2000 & 500 to make the numbers a bit friendlier to remember? I've figured out how much celery & shakes I can make up to hit 500 tomorrow...figured in my usual coffee too. I'm thinking - LETS DO THIS!!!
Excited!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,746
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Rah! Rah! Rah! Go-oooooooo Yennie!

2000 on UDs may prove to be too low...or may work just fine. It is eating enough on UDs that 'turns off' starvation mode. I would aim for 2100 at first if I was you.

But then, I stalled for six weeks...and lost my NSVs and felt weak because I accidentally failed to eat enough on UDs. (once it hits, appetite suppression can be a powerful thing.)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,612
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yes- jump in the juddd waters are fine. If the 2100 seems too high recalculate with no exercise. Most of us start there and adjust where needed.
again!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi yennie, and welcome to JUDDD!
I can't add anything to your original post, the other jb's have said what I would have said anyway!
As to cutting your UD cals down...don't! If you want a neat number, go for 2200...or else you will be doing yourself out of nearly 1500 cals a week
The high number is what fuels us on our dd's, and makes them easier to do. And remember, you will very soon. Weigh less, and your UD cals will go down...enjoy them while you have them
Don't forget to let us know how your first day goes!
Hugs
Jo
X
__________________


"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
Zib
Major LCF Poster!
 
Zib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: usually at home
Posts: 2,552
Gallery: Zib
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Welcome, Yennie!

I remember reading about this program some time back and being put off by the shake or bar thing. I knew I couldn't feel full on shakes. As Chris says, it seems to be just that Dr. Johnson didn't trust folks to be able to calculate/control the calories any other way. After watching Eat, Fast, and Live Longer, I came back to Dr. Johnson's site and also checked LCF figuring there'd be a sub-board here (YAY!) where I got some great ideas on filling/low-cal foods to have on my down days. Reading thru the stickies on DD staples and DD food porn really helped me to think beyond the usual low-cal staples.

You'll find plenty of great ideas and support here to get you thru the first week or so until you say - easy peasy!
__________________
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,447
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I'm thinking - LETS DO THIS!!!
Excited!!!
Yay! Go Yennie!!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,173
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yennie! You're really going to love this plan! I won't specifically answer your questions, because the JBs have done an excellent job already.

My experience was very much like yours, losing on Atkins, gaining it back, losing again and stalling. That's when I found JUDDD. I stayed LC in the beginning, but have re-introduced starchy veggies and fruits. I even ate all the holiday treats from Thanksgiving through....well, really now because the Christmas goodies are just now gone. I lost 9 pounds during December, and I'm still just amazed at that! While eating anything I wanted every other day.

Jump in and see what works best for you. Just one caveat, choose a path and stick with it for at least 2-4 weeks w/o tweaks or hacks. If you switch up what you're doing every few days, you'll never really get to see what works, what doesn't, how you feel with different foods, etc.

Good luck! Let us know how you're doing!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,551
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Well I made the decision to go with it, planned out today's DD as my jumping off place. Even had some popcorn last night (my absolute favorite snack, obviously forbidden on Atkins). I'm very confident I will have no problems today...because now I'm sick :'( A fever is a fantastic appetite supresser! But I'm not gonna use that as an excuse to not stick with it, I guess its a great way to be sure I hit it my first day. I wonder how many calories are in cough drops & cold medicine :/
Thanks again for the support. I'm excited.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
gotitnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,038
Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Get well Yennie...and I hope JUDDD is the perfect plan for you. It was a Godsend for me and I am a JUDDER for life! Best of luck and so glad to have you here!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
If your sick dear.. please dont think about calories in any thing.. first get better, drink lots of fluids, and sleep sleep as much as you can.. This flu this year is nasty and you dont want to compromise or delay your recovery.. so JUDD will wait till you are better.. This i know, i havejust got over the flu but.. and stillpagued by the sinus pain and pressure behind my eyes.. im into week two now of my illness.. so please take care of your body first
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!
 
stephdray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,167
Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
We spend all of our lives being told if we just eat this, or refrain from eating that, or take this supplement, or do this exercise then we will lose weight...and if we don't it is our fault because we did something wrong.

Then, along comes JUDDD that effectively says, the only thing you did wrong was think you were just like everyone else...here is an eating format...DD/UD/DD/UD...you figure out what you need within the format. The freedom is mind blowing and scarey, isn't it?


Listen to Nancy. She knows all.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.