Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anyone else cold? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794886-anyone-else-cold.html)

Lilybell 01-19-2013 03:57 PM

Anyone else cold?

I am usually running hot ( menopausal), but right now I am sitting under a blanket shivering. It is a down day, I don't know if that makes a difference, but burrrrr:dunno:

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 04:03 PM

Yes, it's a side effect of DD's. :D Everyone, nearly, experiences it. The only thing that helps me is moving. If I get up and clean the house, walk, etc. I get warm again. Once I sit or lay down, I'm freezing! Layer with sweats and an electric blanket helps to sleep. ;)

Flutter 01-19-2013 04:05 PM

Yep, fingers, feet and nose are frozen as I type. I've been busy today, so that's helped. Not so much now that I'm home and sitting here. About to grab some blankies right now!

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 04:09 PM

The best and worst thing about JUDDD is that I'm no longer perpetually HOT. I don't like being cold, but hate being hot all the time. That is a huge annoyance when you live in the south and 8-9 months out of the year are warm, lol.

adillenal 01-19-2013 04:13 PM

I have been freezing on UD's and DD's since last weekend. And I have been doing JUDDD for over a year. Hope that means I have slipped back in WLM since I have just been trying to maintain since October. Anything hot that I can drink is on my menu.

Carly 01-19-2013 04:15 PM

The DD shivers, we pretty much all dislike them, but it means your DD is probably doing what it needs to do to aid your weight loss. I strongly recommend investing in a very good electric blanket or 2! I sleep with mine on every DD night- sometimes in the summer, too. Tea and broth help as do hot showers and hot baths. I don't find that any amount of layers help all that much but I have a sweater or 2 everywhere I go. The DD shivers is the only part of juddd I could do with out and sadly now I'm cold a lot on my UD. too:cry:

sdjade 01-19-2013 04:24 PM

DD shivers for me too. I had the heat on 74 in my house this week and couldn't get warm. Hot baths/showers help until you have to get out. :) I also second the electric blanket. Love mine!

Zib 01-19-2013 04:32 PM

Fleece Sheets! mmmmmmmm

LoCarbGal 01-19-2013 04:41 PM

Yes, BRRRRR! I've been so much more uncomfortable this winter! But it's worth it. I am, however, looking forward to feeling colder in the hot AZ summer coming up! :cool:

Lilybell 01-19-2013 04:50 PM

thanks everyone. Well, now my skinny husband and I won't fight as much over then thermostat. He was always cold and I was always hot. Now we match. Lots of tea, blankies and wool socks for me.

Lilybell 01-19-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16206834)
I have been freezing on UD's and DD's since last weekend. And I have been doing JUDDD for over a year. Hope that means I have slipped back in WLM since I have just been trying to maintain since October. Anything hot that I can drink is on my menu.

What is WLM? So many abbreviations to learn:). You look great! I hope that someday I can say I'm on maintenance.

Lilybell 01-19-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16206827)
The best and worst thing about JUDDD is that I'm no longer perpetually HOT. I don't like being cold, but hate being hot all the time. That is a huge annoyance when you live in the south and 8-9 months out of the year are warm, lol.

I know what you mean, I was so warm all the time it would actually make me crabby. The good news is I live in MN where right now it is below zero, and my own personal heater always saved me money on the heat bill. I have a feeling this winter will be different....

adillenal 01-19-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilybell (Post 16206916)
What is WLM? So many abbreviations to learn:). You look great! I hope that someday I can say I'm on maintenance.

WLM weight loss mode
And thank you for the kind words. One year on JUDDD has worked wonders for me.