Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet...

Is anyone up for trying some of the new IF plans posted? 8-hour diet, fasting just 2 days a week? Etc. I am considering the 8-hour "hack" , but am not fully commited.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Nope, I'm stubborn & just gonna keep doing JUDDD for awhile. If I don't see progress from month end to month end, I might consider it. I've been annoyed this week, in fact, but am hoping for a loss coming up! I am definately following my numbers and doing what I'm supposed to be doing, so hopeful.

Do let us know what you decide girly!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Whatever I decide, it will still fall under the JUDDD plan as far as I'm concerned. This WOE is the innovation and may have gotten all these other ideas started. For now, even though I've said I may try other IF plans, I am still a JUDDD baby.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Good! You have to stick around anyways...I would miss you! Besides, you're on a roll now...I don't think you're going to need any tweaking!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I started a two week experiment with the 5:2 plan today

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-19-2013 at 05:30 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck, Sara!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
As I posted on the other thread I've been combining 16 hour fasts/8 hour eating window this for a while now.

I stop eating by 4 or 5 on DD, so don't eat until 9 on most UD.
UD I stop by 5 or 6, which works fine on a DD since I routinely don't eat until somewhere between 11 and 1.

I figure I generally eat in a 5 hour window on DD and 8 hour window on UD.

I don't know that it causes more or less loss for me, but I hope it allows a better opportunity for all the benefits of fasting to come into play.

I'm saving the 5/2 plan for maintenance.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos

Last edited by Zib; 01-19-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I am doing the 5:2 for maintainance. Been maintaining on JUDDD for over a year now, and wanted to see if I could get away with just 2 dd. 2 weeks in today and weighed in at goal this morning...so far so good! X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I have thought about trying the 5:2 but highly doubt I would lose on it... I do strict alternates on JUDDD and even when I make sure I stick to my allowances my losses are small. In my 2nd and 3rd month I lost a total of 6.5 lb (that's both months added together and at the start of month 2 my weight was 188.5 lb so I still had quite a bit to lose yet at my short height).

I am going to stick with strict alternates for now and if things slow down even further will adjust my calories. I am tempted to start doing a double up at the weekend but worried it will slow my losses even further.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14

Last edited by WantToBeSlim; 01-19-2013 at 06:28 PM..
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I am doing the 5:2 for maintainance. Been maintaining on JUDDD for over a year now, and wanted to see if I could get away with just 2 dd. 2 weeks in today and weighed in at goal this morning...so far so good! X
That's awesome Jo! I've been thinking about the 5:2 for maintenance, so it's nice to see it's working for you so far.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Can't wait to be in the maintenance stage like Joedi and K's mom!
I've been wondering if 2 DDs in a row would speed things up, but I don't think it would be doable.
Then I wondered if a DD, MD, DD, UD...would help?
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dr. J did not recommend two DD's in a row in the book and I don't recommend anything but UD/DD. In my opinion the key to JUDDD is patience. Many people use MD's but I tried it once and messed myself up so never tried one again. Everyone is different but for someone just starting UD/DD for at least two weeks.
JUDDD is NOT a fast weight loss method for many including myself. I could have lost my extra 40 pounds in a couple of months following LCLF becasue it works for me BUT I did not want to restrict my food choices to that extent. Low calorie, low carb and lowfat just about eliminates my favorites. So I love JUDDD for not restricting any food and relying on calories.
Relax and enjoy the freedom of whatever you want to eat as long as it falls into your calorie range.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Dr. J did not recommend two DD's in a row in the book and I don't recommend anything but UD/DD. In my opinion the key to JUDDD is patience. Many people use MD's but I tried it once and messed myself up so never tried one again. Everyone is different but for someone just starting UD/DD for at least two weeks.
JUDDD is NOT a fast weight loss method for many including myself. I could have lost my extra 40 pounds in a couple of months following LCLF becasue it works for me BUT I did not want to restrict my food choices to that extent. Low calorie, low carb and lowfat just about eliminates my favorites. So I love JUDDD for not restricting any food and relying on calories.
Relax and enjoy the freedom of whatever you want to eat as long as it falls into your calorie range.
You are so right thanks for reminding me and bringing me back to reality. It is true, I am inpatient. But when I get real, I realize this is best, because I will learn better habits for myself.
I cannot wait to be in the stage you are Adi, but I will and will be better for it.
My scale said 1 lb lower after my UD yesterday. I am so happy to be getting these results!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
My scale said 1 lb lower after my UD yesterday. I am so happy to be getting these results!
Slow and steady wins the race. There are a bunch of turtles on here that are in maintenance. It just took us longer to get there.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Joedi...that is wonderful! I am thrilled to see how well you are doing. Such a great example for everyone and so encouraging to new budds.

Do you mind telling us (me) what your calories are for those days? I am curious because I am about your height (5' 5 1/4") and recently put myself back in WLM to go a bit lower. (Prob where you show to be...about 132 or 133?) I will be there soon so would love to know more about how you are "workin-it"!!!

I had been maintaining since April and after the holidays, decided to give myself a little more wiggle room! You look beautiful in your avi!! Miss you too!!

Oh, and how much are you exercising? Hope you dont mind the questions!

Your JUDDD BUDD and friend, Phyl There's nothing better

than another JUDDD success story!
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Im trying the 8 hr. window for eating on my up days only just because I think it makes sense so I quit eating a few hours before I go to bed. I will stick to strict rotations though. Im just thinking this may help in some way.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

hot-in-texas...

Phyl I was one of the turtles
Adi spoke of!!!

Last edited by gotitnow; 01-19-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Joedi...that is wonderful! I am thrilled to see how well you are doing. Such a great example for everyone and so encouraging to new budds.

Do you mind telling us (me) what your calories are for those days? I am curious because I am about your height (5' 5 1/4") and recently put myself back in WLM to go a bit lower. (Prob where you show to be...about 132 or 133?) I will be there soon so would love to know more about how you are "workin-it"!!!

I had been maintaining since April and after the holidays, decided to give myself a little more wiggle room! You look beautiful in your avi!! Miss you too!!

Got it, I'm 5'5 1/4 too! My goal is 130. That's 60 pounds from beginning to end.
Seems so far away. What size is 130 nowadays for someone our height and 130? I am guessing a 6?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hot-in-texas...

Phyl I was one of the turtles
Adi spoke of!!!
I am going to be a proud turtle!. It is encouraging to know that, thanks Gotit
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Debbie, I sure hope that works for ya! Let us know how it goes sweetie heart!!

Phyl
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Im trying the 8 hr. window for eating on my up days only just because I think it makes sense so I quit eating a few hours before I go to bed. I will stick to strict rotations though. Im just thinking this may help in some way.
Let us know how that works for you debrat!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Sheryl (do I remem you name?) I had been maintaining since last April and that was partly to have a "break" and not completely sure where to stop. Then after the holidays, had a revived desire to go a little lower for more wiggle room, as I said before! (I don't know how to keep it short and sweet!)

Anyway, I was hovering around 135-140 and REALLY wanted to stay in the lower 130's! So back to WLM for me!

Most of my clothing is size 6, however I have always weighed more than my size would reflect. Not sure how that happens other than my having always been pretty active with my boys growing up and have been active with my granddaughter that we raised since 5mo. She is 14 now!

My activity has slowed this past year due to some health issues, and I still am not quite in the "swing-of-things" again! Sooooo thankful that regardless of that, I have been able to lose weight anyway, AAANNNDDD, just turned 60!!!

Been meaning to tell you I am originally from West Texas!

So glad you are here and just know you will be successful too. My tip, for what it's worth, is to not over-think this. Just keep to your rotations with the right calories, and watch it happen....even if a little slow sometimes! This thought from the past seemed to resonate with me...it really is very simple! (it would have to be for me to like it!)

Hopefully another JUDDD BUDD for life and friend,
Phyl
Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #23
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
I'm another one who's had no luck with MDs. I've used them a few times, when something's unexpectedly come up and I've had to tweak a DD, but they seem to really mess up my weight loss and I stall for several days afterward. I'd avoid them if possible!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Just what I needed to hear. Ok, this is obsessive, but this morning I got woken up around 3 am (thanks bf) and I went to the bathroom then stopped by the scales (190.2). Ugh! Went back to bed and woke up again around 6 am, weighed and was 189.6. Went back to bed and got up at 8:30 and weighed 188.8. OH THANK HEAVENS!!!! Between the 190 and 188 as I lay awake between sleep I thought, tomorrow is definitely going to be the start of the 8-hour diet.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Happy to be a JUDDD Turtle!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hi Phyl! Thanks for the compliment! Pic was taken in York at the end of last year...York is the favourite weekend away place for me and dh.
I am 5ft 6" and on my weigh in day yesterday I was 133.
My numbers are 500 dd, and between 1800-2200 UD's. I actually only count cals dd's, as I am doing WW ...and I count points on UD's , but on checking with a tracker, my UD's cals are within those amounts. These numbers keep me maintaining 3lbs either side of goal.
( to lose I did straight 500/1850 rotations)
I like trying different rotations/plans, just to keep myself interested after over a year of maintenance.
As too exercise, I do about 3 classes a week, a mixture of Zumba, spinning, Pilates and body tone. I also like to get in a few short 20 min walks during the week. I must admit, I will never love exercise, but it is helping me keep motivated and hopefully toned...at my age everything is just waiting to leap south!
It's great to come back to this forum, and see all the old faces...and so many new ones...when I started JUDDD was just a thread on the min board!
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

Yes, I can lose really, really fast on low carb, low cal, but that is no fun in my experience!! JUDDD, in my experience has been painless after the first month- I have been JUDDDing Since 3/28/12 and lost 58 pounds. The first 10 was on lc/lc and it was miserable!!! Fast, but no fun at all!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Hot in Texas asked about clothing sizes. I am a uk 10, which I think is a us 6.
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Hot in Texas asked about clothing sizes. I am a uk 10, which I think is a us 6.Hugs
Jo
X
Oh, they are cruel in the UK!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Cindy, there is no reason why this can't be done with JUDDD, it fits perfectly. I began this 7 hour window with JUDDD last week and enjoy it. It seems to make me a bit more disciplined. Does this make sense? Especially with DD.

Previously, I have been known to eat a bit of a late night desert (dark choc) or even nuts. Now, I stay away from the fridge until my 16 hours or more. If I have room on the UD, I better eat that piece of choc or nut treat right with dinner. Hope it helps others! The Jaminets suggest this for PHD and after having done it, I think it is going to only make my weight losses more consistent. Oh, and it shaved 3.7 lbs off this week. That was my sign.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote