Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Cindy, there is no reason why this can't be done with JUDDD, it fits perfectly. I began this 7 hour window with JUDDD last week and enjoy it. It seems to make me a bit more disciplined. Does this make sense? Especially with DD.

Previously, I have been known to eat a bit of a late night desert (dark choc) or even nuts. Now, I stay away from the fridge until my 16 hours or more. If I have room on the UD, I better eat that piece of choc or nut treat right with dinner. Hope it helps others! The Jaminets suggest this for PHD and after having done it, I think it is going to only make my weight losses more consistent. Oh, and it shaved 3.7 lbs off this week. That was my sign.
Sunday what is your weight like now if you don't mind my asking. Your stats don't seem to change so I don't know whether you keep up with those. It sounds like you have been losing well recently- yes?
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Sunday what is your weight like now if you don't mind my asking. Your stats don't seem to change so I don't know whether you keep up with those. It sounds like you have been losing well recently- yes?
I am back to my CW of 153.
Had to do a few tater hacks after Christmas/NY gain and for some reason they didn't correct my holiday gain. Well, I guess they did, but the weight came right back. I hate to say this, but at my age straight JUDDD isn't as fast a losing plan as it is for all of you. I notice if I eat the right foods on UD, then my DD is no problem. I can even do well without protein if necessary. I am 47 down over the course of a 11.5 months. Avg 1 lb per week.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Had to do a few tater hacks after Christmas/NY gain and for some reason they didn't correct my holiday gain. Well, I guess they did, but the weight came right back. I hate to say this, but at my age straight JUDDD isn't as fast a losing plan as it is for all of you. I notice if I eat the right foods on UD, then my DD is no problem. I can even do well without protein if necessary. I am 47 down over the course of a 11.5 months. Avg 1 lb per week.
Totally hear you on feeling frustrated with losing slow, but this is awesome! I just think of the times I've lost weight quickly and regained almost as quickly! How wonderful to be losing slow and keeping it off! Good for you!!!!!
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That is great! I don't think a 1 lb a week is even really concidered slow. I know when I went on vacation in September I had to relose the same weight that I had already lost
Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

DW is post-menapausal (53) she is losing well, but has a lot to lose. She's
5'6" and just dropped into onederland. Is the thought that is harder to lose after meno? Or just at a certain age? I don't want her to get discouraged, but want to warn her if it's harder post menopause. Seeing as it's TOM for me I'd bee really happy right now to be on the otherside
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Anyone thinking of doing 5:2, the 2 DDs should not be consecutive.

I will just carry on rotating as a rule. I don't want to give myself any more rules to stick to. The occasional potato day is as far as I am prepared to go.

I think any weight loss is slower after the menopause. But I also think that JUDDD has so many health benefits for the older woman that it is the way to to go. I do hope YOur DW does as well as you have, what a great example you are for her. Tell her I am thrilled she in into Onederland.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 01-20-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree with Cindy. Congrats to DW for Wonderland!

I have stuck with this because I know that I won't find anything else that offers the anti-aging benefit. Unless I were to do a ketogenic diet of coconut oil daily.
The thing is with me, I had to accept that I am post meno and 54. Two big strikes against me. Once I realized that I wasn't going up in weight, even if it is slow, that is what kept me encouraged. I expect that some menopausal and older women may even lose faster than I have. Nancy comes to mind. It doesn't mean that this will happen to all in my age group, but just a warning that it can.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

I'd love DW to join us on LCF, but she would just rather that I prepare the food and give her suggestions (and other times just shut up ). Probably like most JB's DHs who juddd.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'd love DW to join us on LCF, but she would just rather that I prepare the food and give her suggestions (and other times just shut up ). Probably like most JB's DHs who juddd.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for her!

My DH is eating my very fav pizza in the world today, he knows it is my DD too. He gets this look on his face, you know the one, "sorry for partying" but I must enjoy my meal.
Believe me, I sometimes come to LCF and read, because I know it helps me to stay focused.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
And not commit murder.......
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am keeping my fingers crossed for her!

My DH is eating my very fav pizza in the world today, he knows it is my DD too. He gets this look on his face, you know the one, "sorry for partying" but I must enjoy my meal.
Believe me, I sometimes come to LCF and read, because I know it helps me to stay focused.
I agree. DW juddds on and off. Now is more on than off, but she can eat more than I can anyway. It helps that I don't feel deprived at all on JUDDD so I'm not even to bothered when she isn't juddding and eats all kinds of stuff on my DD.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #42
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Anyone thinking of doing 5:2, the 2 DDs should not be consecutive.

I will just carry on rotating as a rule. I don't want to give myself any more rules to stick to. The occasional potato day is as far as I am prepared to go.

I think any weight loss is slower after the menopause. But I also think that JUDDD has so many health benefits for the older woman that it is the way to to go. I do hope YOur DW does as well as you have, what a great example you are for her. Tell her I am thrilled she in into Onederland.
For my experiment I'm going to have Mondays and Thursdays be my 'fasting' days
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh Sunday! You are the same age as my little sister! The one I am, for the first time in our adult lives, the same size as (nah nah nah). Who woulda thought it, preparing for a vaycay, she raided my closet!

During meno, nothing and I do mean nothing would allow me to lose weight - when hormones go bad....

Immediately post meno I LC'd down twenty pounds at about .8/week. Very slow. Then, in a burst of stress eating put it all back on.

Roughly five years after meno stabilized, I lost about 2 pounds a week. And slowed myself down with several experiments. I do not regret any of those experiments! I learned more about myself and my metabolism than I ever would have learned had I not tried different things. It all goes towards health and weight maintenance...meaning it is all good.

Sometimes when a really cool hack pops up, I find myself wishing I was still in WLM so I could spend some time really, deeply investigating it.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-20-2013 at 02:30 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nancy, I have always been a slow loser, but a fast gainer. Juddd is the 1st time since I can remember, that I didn't keep gaining. I am thrilled for you to be same size as sis. That has to be a great feeling!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #45
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
On one of the other threads someone suggested that I check out the forum over at mums net, since the 5:2 plan is getting a lot of attention in the UK right now. Oh my goodness-there's hundreds and hundreds of posts about the 5:2 plan, (10 massively long threads that keep getting locked due to size!). There's a lot of people over there doing the 5:2 plan and most of them are having great success with weight loss on it! I went ahead and joined, even though I feel a bit out of place being an American-some of the lingo is way over my head I've already mentioned my JUDDD buds on the current thread over there I'm still reading through all the posts (it's going to take me days to get through them all lol), but I've noticed several saying they only do one 500 calorie DD a week, since they're now maintaining. Very, very interesting There's also seems to be a consensus that the 5:2 plan works really well for men. I really need to show my dh the documentary and get him on board!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sara, Joedi said she is doing the 5:2. I think she is also British. Is that a requirement? She is 130 I think and said she eats over 2000 a day and only 2 500 DD's a week. Seems miraculous!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I know, right, Cindy....I'm pretty sure I would gain with those numbers. Of course I don't exercise diligently either and am "old as the hills" now!! (first bd I have had that bothered me!)(just turned 60 and still trying to wrap my mind around it) I know we are "only as old as we feel", but.....I guess too many days lately I must be feelin it!!!

Hellllllllllllllp......I've fallen and I ALMOST can't get up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<<<

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
I know, right, Cindy....I'm pretty sure I would gain with those numbers. Of course I don't exercise diligently either and am "old as the hills" now!! (first bd I have had that bothered me!)(just turned 60 and still trying to wrap my mind around it) I know we are "only as old as we feel", but.....I guess too many days lately I must be feelin it!!!

Hellllllllllllllp......I've fallen and I ALMOST can't get up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<<<

Phyl
60 is the new 40!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #49
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Dr. J did not recommend two DD's in a row in the book and I don't recommend anything but UD/DD. In my opinion the key to JUDDD is patience. Many people use MD's but I tried it once and messed myself up so never tried one again. Everyone is different but for someone just starting UD/DD for at least two weeks.
JUDDD is NOT a fast weight loss method for many including myself. I could have lost my extra 40 pounds in a couple of months following LCLF becasue it works for me BUT I did not want to restrict my food choices to that extent. Low calorie, low carb and lowfat just about eliminates my favorites. So I love JUDDD for not restricting any food and relying on calories.
Relax and enjoy the freedom of whatever you want to eat as long as it falls into your calorie range.
FYI....The 5:2 plans states that you have 2 low calorie days or DDs as we know them in JUDDD, but the are never together. These days are done apart, mixed in between the regular calorie 5 days.

I have started the 8 hour diet last Monday and I'm really not sure about it. I just received the book today so I was just winging it but now will see what it's all about. BUT I know that even doing this I will have to "watch" my portions sizes. Any diet/way of eating works if you "watch" how much you eat and the foods that you eat. I do know that doing the 8 hour diet has stopped my binging and this alone is worth it!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-20-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I like the way you think!!!
Phyl OOps posted at same time as Beeb! By the way, Best of luck Beeb! Always good to see you!

Last edited by gotitnow; 01-20-2013 at 07:18 PM..
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post

Phyl
LMAO!!! Phyl, my sister is 64 and she keeps a very lean figure. I've never seen her decline anything when we have family gatherings except sweetened drinks. I know that she does yoga, and now (in the past 4 years or less) goes to a gym, but she seeems to be able to maintain a very low weight. I guess she is under 110. She is 5'2. I think JUDDD can reconfigure our metabolism to make even those of us "over the hill" slim again! Kathy (my "little" sister), eat your heart out!!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I'm in maintenance, and just this weekend decided to do the 5:2 plan to see how it works. I wasn't counting anything for the 3 weeks or so after Christmas (since I made it through the holidays still at goal, I didn't really see the point, lol). But had creeped to the upper end of my goal range. Did regular rotations this week, and settled back in where I like to be. So I'm going to see how it goes doing Mon as dd's, plus one other weekday. I'll let it flex as to Thurs or Fri, whichever fits best with my schedule. I'm always ready for a dd after the weekend, and one before will get me in shape for the eating to come.

My dd's also follow an 8 hr window, since I skip breakfast, but I do eat breakfast on UD's, so it falls apart there.

Will let you know how it goes for me.

ud's tend to be around 1500-1600, and dd's are 600-700.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 01-20-2013 at 07:39 PM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
FYI....The 5:2 plans states that you have 2 low calorie days or DDs as we know them in JUDDD, but the are never together. These days are done apart, mixed in between the regular calorie 5 days.

I have started the 8 hour diet last Monday and I'm really not sure about it. I just received the book today so I was just winging it but now will see what it's all about. BUT I know that even doing this I will have to "watch" my portions sizes. Any diet/way of eating works if you "watch" how much you eat and the foods that you eat. I do know that doing the 8 hour diet has stopped my binging and this alone is worth it!!
Linda, I hope this works well! I really wish to do something like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I'm in maintenance, and just this weekend decided to do the 5:2 plan to see how it works. I wasn't counting anything for the 3 weeks or so after Christmas (since I made it through the holidays still at goal, I didn't really see the point, lol). But had creeped to the upper end of my goal range. Did regular rotations this week, and settled back in where I like to be. So I'm going to see how it goes doing Mon as dd's, plus one other weekday. I'll let it flex as to Thurs or Fri, whichever fits best with my schedule. I'm always ready for a dd after the weekend, and one before will get me in shape for the eating to come.

My dd's also follow an 8 hr window, since I skip breakfast, but I do eat breakfast on UD's, so it falls apart there.

Will let you know how it goes for me.

ud's tend to be around 1500-1600, and dd's are 600-700.
Tina, do you mind answering my question on "Maintenance & JUDDD" thread? Maintenance & JUDDD
I am trying to learn how all JUDDD budds are able to do DD during maintenance.

Last edited by sunday; 01-20-2013 at 07:57 PM..