Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Saturday, Join Me! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794835-dd-saturday-join-me.html)

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 06:43 AM

DD Saturday, Join Me!
 
So far, only coffee (100)

Rest of the day...:dunno:

adillenal 01-19-2013 06:46 AM

DD for me too.
B - one egg, coffee with HWC
L - broth and potato
D - broth and potato

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 07:32 AM

You are so disciplined Adi. It seems like your diet doesn't vary a whole lot. I would think it would be easier that way and yet I keep trying a variety of different menus...probably going to do a 500 DD today too. I am not hungry, but on my 3rd cup of coffee which brings me to 145 (1 T of lite cream, 1 T of SF cream). Taking it by ear, but if the need arises, plan to do more than 374. :)

KeirasMom 01-19-2013 07:46 AM

B: Tazo Awake tea
I'm craving a hot dog, so may run to the store to pick up some FF Hebrew Nationals.
L: Probably chili. I have a hair appointment this afternoon, so I'll be out and about.
D: Probably swai or cod with veggies.

Not too well planned or thought out today, but that's okay.

LoCarbGal 01-19-2013 07:52 AM

Repeat of last DD.

B: Coffee w/HWC
L: Hot tea
D: 4 scrambled eggs in 1/3 T butter

Total: 420ish

hot-in-texas 01-19-2013 08:08 AM

Woke up really late so skipping breakfast.
L: fat free yogurt/berry smoothie w/skim milk - 110
The rest of the day is up in the air..

adillenal 01-19-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16205891)
You are so disciplined Adi. It seems like your diet doesn't vary a whole lot. I would think it would be easier that way and yet I keep trying a variety of different menus...probably going to do a 500 DD today too. I am not hungry, but on my 3rd cup of coffee which brings me to 145 (1 T of lite cream, 1 T of SF cream). Taking it by ear, but if the need arises, plan to do more than 374. :)

I believe in the boredom principle. Boring food so I don't want seconds and sometimes not even the first serving.:hyst:
I am a creature of habit so it works well for me to repeat the same old DD menu over and over. I did the routine where I made very low calorie very tasty dishes and it just made me want another helping and that was not the plan. So boring it is.
I do have HB eggs already cooked and those low calorie Progresso light soups in the pantry if something ever comes up.:up:

Lychee 01-19-2013 09:32 AM

I made a huge pot if vegetable soup from scratch yesterday which should be calorically spot on for 3 down days. 1/3 of the pot is 330 calories approximately and my DD calorie limit at 20% is 345 calories. I'll try to save all the food for after 4 pm. Maybe if I feel like it I'll go over 50 calories or so and have a kombucha. Or have a little less soup.

Lilybell 01-19-2013 09:48 AM

I'm with you Addi, I like the same things over and over again. If I don't have to think about what I am going to eat next just so much easier!

1 whole egg, 2 whites. 100
5 romaine leafs with laughing cow and tuna 120
Protein shake with 5 strawberries. 135
Homemade veggie soup. 120
Total475

Not hungry today.....maybe the sert1 is kicking in?

Zib 01-19-2013 10:40 AM

We had friends over for dinner last night so I'm waiting for at least 16 hours to elapse and that will be noon. I'm hoping to not eat until 2pm.

1 1/2 ounces cheese 165 cals
5 prunes 100 cals
1/2 ounce natural almonds 80 calories

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 10:44 AM

I am now having some delicious broth with scq (thank you to whomever posted about this!), and a whole pot will be only 60 calories. I'm having about 40 calories of it now, and may leave the other 20 for later. This will leave me room to have chili for dinner if I choose. :)

Flutter 01-19-2013 11:07 AM

B: coffee w/ skim
L: more of the same (40 cals being generous)
??? Not hungry & dealing with family crisis anyways

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 11:09 AM

Hope you are ok Flutter.:console:

Flutter 01-19-2013 11:13 AM

Tks LG, I'm ok...it's my brother that is plagued with schizophrenia having a crisis today. Needless to say, it was a stressful morning until I got over there to see how he was actually doing. Still worried, but I think he's going to be ok. He's my BABY brother and seeing him & my parents going through things is rough. Schizophrenia sucks.

calichris 01-19-2013 11:14 AM

Going to try for a low down day. I want to have a great rest of the January as it's started out much looser than norm and my slow loss reflects that! Going to fast as long as I make it.

so far - black coffee with 2 pterostilbene

Flutter - I hope everything goes OK ... thinking of you. :hugs:
Cindy - what's SCQ? I must have missed it.

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16206387)
Tks LG, I'm ok...it's my brother that is plagued with schizophrenia having a crisis today. Needless to say, it was a stressful morning until I got over there to see how he was actually doing. Still worried, but I think he's going to be ok. He's my BABY brother and seeing him & my parents going through things is rough. Schizophrenia sucks.

:console: That does suck! I'm sorry that you and your family have to deal with this.

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16206391)
Going to try for a low down day. I want to have a great rest of the January as it's started out much looser than norm and my slow loss reflects that! Going to fast as long as I make it.

so far - black coffee with 2 pterostilbene

Flutter - I hope everything goes OK ... thinking of you. :hugs:
Cindy - what's SCQ? I must have missed it.

SCQ is Salsa Con Queso and when added to chicken broth, it is so delicious! 2 T is 40 calories. I bought a store brand & it works great. Just had my first taste of it today (in anything other than nacho dip!).

1 T per cup is enough to flavor it nicely...

calichris 01-19-2013 12:24 PM

Ooh, great idea! SCQ in broth sounds delicious. I'll have to try that!

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 12:31 PM

It gives it a nice, creamy consistency too CC.

Well, I had a 14 calorie swirlpop...so up to 219. Thinking of having spinach and angel hair pasta for dinner with 2 T of parm...

ETA: also went for a nice walk with bf and our two dogs. :)

Demonica 01-19-2013 12:31 PM

I went off my potato fast with a vengence yesterday:dunno: (but it was so dang tasty!:laugh:) So today, potato DD.

B- coffee, tea and water
L- potato soup
D- potato soup

All for about 480 cals

Happy2be 01-19-2013 01:17 PM

DD for me. So far so good.

Coffee with 2 tbsp half and half. (35)
Fiber one bar (110)

Dinner will be 4oz pork chop (211)
Sugar free BBQ sauce. 4 tbsp (20)
Green pepper. (32)
Will see how hungry I am after this. May have a 100 cal snack after dinner.

sdjade 01-19-2013 02:05 PM

One meal for me....probably around 4pm

5 oz grilled chicken breast (150)
russett potato (150ish)
laughing cow wedge (35)

Luna Loca 01-19-2013 02:46 PM

Today was a long board meeting with LOTS! of food just lying around and lots of people asking me if I didn't want some of this or that...ugh. I stuck with tea and half and half.

Now, DH and I are at Panera and I just had chicken noodle soup (80) and half a turkey sandwich (210) so plus the half and half, I'm probably about 400-ish.

Pretty good considering how ugly of a down day this could have been. :laugh:

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 02:58 PM

Bored to death so washed another load of clothes and cleaned the bathrooms. Thank goodness because it needed doing. I probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't DD though.

hot-in-texas 01-19-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16206686)
Today was a long board meeting with LOTS! of food just lying around and lots of people asking me if I didn't want some of this or that...ugh. I stuck with tea and half and half.

Now, DH and I are at Panera and I just had chicken noodle soup (80) and half a turkey sandwich (210) so plus the half and half, I'm probably about 400-ish.

Pretty good considering how ugly of a down day this could have been. :laugh:

Awesome self control Luna! In those situations I usually find myself rationalizing, things like, well ONE cookie won't hurt...


LG; I went on a nice leisurely walk with my sweet dog today too:-) it is just beautiful here in W Texas today. Saw a lot of people firing up their grills. That is a goal I'm setting myself this week, get the grill ready. My family needs to spend more time outside.

hot-in-texas 01-19-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16206387)
Tks LG, I'm ok...it's my brother that is plagued with schizophrenia having a crisis today. Needless to say, it was a stressful morning until I got over there to see how he was actually doing. Still worried, but I think he's going to be ok. He's my BABY brother and seeing him & my parents going through things is rough. Schizophrenia sucks.

Flutter, your baby brother :console: i 'm so sorry :sad:
I lost my baby brother last year. He was 19 months younger than me. Baby brothers are special.:console:

Flutter 01-19-2013 03:59 PM

Oh how I'd love a walk outside right about now! It's super windy here and getting colder by the minute. Winter is so long. :( I'm glad some of you are able to get outside and enjoy!

Texas, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. :( I actually have 2 younger brothers, but the one I'm talking about is almost 10 years younger than me. He really is my BABY brother. Seeing him go through things makes my heart break. He just deserves so much more in this life. He shouldn't have to deal with such horrible, scary demons.

Thanks for the thoughts all. :heart:

DD has been alright. I just had my coffee until the family ate dinner. I made myself a salad but only ate half of it. I'm just not hungry anyways. (and now I'm stuffed, yuck) I think the entire salad would have been 200 calories, so probably 100 eating half. Must be about 150 today. Think I'll huddle under some blankets and see if DH wants to watch a movie.

hot-in-texas 01-19-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16206813)
Oh how I'd love a walk outside right about now! It's super windy here and getting colder by the minute. Winter is so long. :( I'm glad some of you are able to get outside and enjoy!

Texas, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. :( I actually have 2 younger brothers, but the one I'm talking about is almost 10 years younger than me. He really is my BABY brother. Seeing him go through things makes my heart break. He just deserves so much more in this life. He shouldn't have to deal with such horrible, scary demons.

Thanks for the thoughts all. :heart:

DD has been alright. I just had my coffee until the family ate dinner. I made myself a salad but only ate half of it. I'm just not hungry anyways. (and now I'm stuffed, yuck) I think the entire salad would have been 200 calories, so probably 100 eating half. Must be about 150 today. Think I'll huddle under some blankets and see if DH wants to watch a movie.

He DOES deserve better, it's so unfair.
When I started Atkins, I read a case study about an obese woman who was schizophrenic and had had recurring auditory an visual hallucinations daily for as long as she could remember. She was on several different medications.
The doctor she saw at a clinic for a physical problem(blood pressure, heart, I don't remember) was an Atkins believer. He asked her about her diet and it include high amounts of pastas and other carbs. The doctor wanted her to lose a significant amount of weight, he instructed her to only eat certain foods, they were high fat and moderate protein, she followed the diet and in less than a week her hallucinations were gone. As she continued the diet, she never had another hallucination.

LoCarbGal 01-19-2013 04:49 PM

Melinda, so sorry about your baby bro and his problems. I'm sure it's tough for the whole family. And yes, BBs are special.

Tex, so sorry about your losing your BB. So sorry.

Luna, now that's control, girl. I'm in awe!

Cindy, clean bathrooms and laundry. A DD benefit! By the way, I've been doing the SCQ thing for awhile and LOVE it. I got the idea from Ouizoid, and it's been a lifesaver.

I've had more hunger pangs today than on any DD I can remember. I don't know what's up, but I hope it means I have a whoosh coming!;)

hot-in-texas 01-19-2013 05:05 PM

Nutrition & Metabolism | Full text | Schizophrenia, gluten, and low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diets: a case report and review of the literature
Here's the link to the case study

thanks LCG:-) my bro was the best:-) :-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.