Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Gym/Exercise...Post Your Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794814-gym-exercise-post-your-plans.html)

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 05:44 PM

Gym/Exercise...Post Your Plans

I've decided to utilize our university's fitness center. It's about time! I used the weight room years ago and always had to contend with "jocks" training. Now we have a new fitness center, in addition to a "training room" for the athletes, so it shouldn't be a problem. We are a small university but we also have an olympic size pool (and sauna!) that I've never used. Not sure if I'll get up the nerve to put on a bathing suit, but I can certainly put on some sweats and go use the machines/treadmill (for free!).

Do you have any exercise plans?

Carly 01-18-2013 06:09 PM

I would kill to be in you shoes right now! I would really like to have a gym I could use/ afford and be in good enough physical health to enjoy it! Have a blast Cindy. I think this will open a world of options for you and your motivation to keep losing!

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 07:06 PM

I wish you lived here Carly. I have tried to get my co-workers to join me, but no one wants to, so far. Bf says he'll go with me, but I don't trust him either, lol. I have to do this on my own.

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 07:09 PM

The sauna will be nice for DD shivers. :D

angie1 01-18-2013 07:10 PM

I work as a side job twice a week teaching swimming at a gym, on top of being a full time teacher. I absolutely love fitness classes like step, zumba, dance, strength, barbell etc. I find them motivating and I feel energized after. I really need to get to the gym more often!

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 07:12 PM

I used to do all that, Angie. It's amazing how you can get completely out of the habit. Take some mental strength to get back to it too!

Sammyann 01-19-2013 03:40 AM

I'm so jealous you have a sauna to use!

I'm doing a video series on PBS called Classical Stretch. Its not just stretching though as the name implies. It is a full body toning workout.

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 05:32 AM

I've had a sauna to use for 24 years, lol, and have only used it once or twice (years ago). I guess even though we have the facilities, it IS at my job and most people want to leave after they've been there for 9 hours. :)

KeirasMom 01-19-2013 07:25 AM

I do Zumba at the gym. I have a treadmill at home, which rarely gets used. Our gym has a sauna that I've not tried yet. There's also a jacuzzi, but my Zumba classes are so late that I have to rush home right after, so I haven't had a chance to try them out. I like that there's a women's section at my gym so if I want to do the circuit, I don't have to go out where all the gym rats are. :D

mom23kids 01-19-2013 07:33 AM

I priced local gyms this week but they were out of my price range :( So I bought a $5 pedometer and I'm going to start walking on a regular basis :) I live right by an amazing trail system so I really have no excuses not to get out there! Starting out I'm going to aim for 5 days/5 miles a week, and then work my way up from there.

Librarygirl 01-19-2013 07:38 AM

In the video posted yesterday about other IF plans, the doctor said just 3 minutes of intense exercise a week is enough for the health/heart benefits. Also, he said just getting up and moving around every hour is beneficial and that lack of exercise is NOT as big a problem as sitting. Seems like a simple idea, but it really finally clicked for me. :)

Carly 01-19-2013 08:36 AM

I used to be a certified aerobics instructor- I taught step aerobics, slide aerobics and high impact. That was when I was younger and blissfully unaware of my spine condition and psoriatic arthritis. I just thought on days I hurt that I must have worked out too hard :stars: I mean serious pain... ah youth!

TryingJudd 01-19-2013 10:10 AM

Funny but I couldn't exercise the last 2 weeks or so due to a minor muscle pull and the scale is finally moving. I wonder if the exercise is causing my stalls?? I also tweaked my WOE to include the modified protein/potato approach for DDs but not sure where to give the credit?? Once I am fully healed I will go back to exercise for health and toning but maintain my WOE and see what happens.

svenskamae 01-19-2013 02:07 PM

I haven't been experiencing scale drops during the last few weeks, when I've been doing more strength training and stretching and cardio workouts. On the other hand, I seem to have more "squishy" fat than usual, and my muscles are sore, so I assume that I am retaining water to heal muscles, and that is concealing my weight loss. I'm going to keep up my exercise until close to the end of this challenge, then go a few days without exercising and hope for a whoosh.

I'm doing resistence training (hand weights) and yoga/stretching, mostly, with cardio walking workouts every now and then.