Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
JUDDD and exercise?

I have a question. I was thinking that if I was going to exercise that I should on UD but yesterday came and it was Thursday Zumba night and a DD. So I went to Zumba but was worried about passing out since all I had so far that day was a fiber one bar hours earlier so I drank a shake on the way. Then had a 3oz steak when I got home. I was over 500 by 70 calories then. I wasn't sure if I would really need the shake or not. I wasn't starving when I drank it. Should I just have tried to go with out it?

What do you do on DD exercise days? Any suggestions, input or tips would be appreciated. .

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Melanie
In my book u did correctly.
Very smart to do.
Awesome only 570 dd and gym, gosh I'm jealous. Tease. Good job!
E
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
I exercise on both DD and UD. I save cardio workouts (machines, classes etc) for UD so that I can have more energy.

And I do strength training workouts or yoga/pilates on DD.

I say if you have the energy to have a workout on DD, go for it!!! Plus it gets you out of your house and busy.

Definitely listen to your body on this one
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
I do cardio on DD to keep my body temp. warmed up, because I get so unbearably freezing cold. On UD, I do resistance training since I have more strength & energy from the additional calories/carbs.
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
There's been a lot of good research regarding fasted workouts. I do Zumba on UDs and DDs and don't really notice much difference. I often burn more in my Zumba class than I take in, leading to negative net calories. My Zumba classes are from 7:30 - 8:30 p.m., so I've generally been up since 4:30 a.m. and only eaten 400 or so calories.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I am more inclined to exercise on DD than UD even though what I can do is limited due to spine issues.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #8

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
For me, cardio on DDs is a crapshoot. I've had DDs where an hour of elliptical was great, and DDs where a half hour walk was torture. There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can discern.

Mostly what I'm doing for exercise these days is Callanetics, which I can do up or down, as it's not nearly the energy expenditure of cardio, and walking outside when weather permits.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
The ladies at work are trying to put together a Zumba class and I have been reluctant to join. For one thing, it costs money, and for another I feel like if I do strength training and low impact cardio (like walking) it will benefit me more while I'm in weight-loss mode. I know that I used to do high impact cardio regularly and could not lose weight (although I was not overly overweight at the time), and since I have so far to go (weight wise), I want to keep it simple.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Librarygirl- I know what you mean about keeping things simple for weight loss. It does add in another variable with more exercise.
Happy2be- I think it gets a bit easier when I keep a regular routine. Then I can see how what I am doing is affecting my weight loss, and appetite. I find the morning of a DD to be the time I have the best energy. It does make me hungrier either later in the day or sometimes as late as the next morning if it is a long or very intense workout. The morning after a DD I have to make sure I take it easy but not always. I find I need to eat at least two hours before I work out or I can feel tired and weak. I will use about half of my exercise calories to either add in some food the night before a tough workout or to help with my appetite after a long workout. This works better for me than going up to a higher exercise calorie %. I think it stalls my weight loss unless I am doing over an hour of exercise everyday, which I rarely do. For short hour long workouts I don't need to add any extra calories anymore. I think over time your body kind of gets used to it and you get used to dialling into how you are doing. If I am following weight loss % calories I modify my exercise so that I feel comfortable as my main priority is weight loss. I do believe that everyone is different but these are some of the things that I have found worked for me. I am sure others have found different things work for them as there are definitely differences. I hope you find what works for you! Sounds like you made good choices.
Honestly I have a really difficult time losing weight when I am overdoing the exercise. I just get really hungry.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Librarygirl- I know what you mean about keeping things simple for weight loss. It does add in another variable with more exercise.
Happy2be- I think it gets a bit easier when I keep a regular routine. Then I can see how what I am doing is affecting my weight loss, and appetite. I find the morning of a DD to be the time I have the best energy. It does make me hungrier either later in the day or sometimes as late as the next morning if it is a long or very intense workout. The morning after a DD I have to make sure I take it easy but not always. I find I need to eat at least two hours before I work out or I can feel tired and weak. I will use about half of my exercise calories to either add in some food the night before a tough workout or to help with my appetite after a long workout. This works better for me than going up to a higher exercise calorie %. I think it stalls my weight loss unless I am doing over an hour of exercise everyday, which I rarely do. For short hour long workouts I don't need to add any extra calories anymore. I think over time your body kind of gets used to it and you get used to dialling into how you are doing. If I am following weight loss % calories I modify my exercise so that I feel comfortable as my main priority is weight loss. I do believe that everyone is different but these are some of the things that I have found worked for me. I am sure others have found different things work for them as there are definitely differences. I hope you find what works for you! Sounds like you made good choices.
Honestly I have a really difficult time losing weight when I am overdoing the exercise. I just get really hungry.
Babs, love your new avatar.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Thanks Luna! This is a picture taken this last weekend after I finished a half-marathon followed by a full marathon the following day. Thanks again for being such an inspiration for me. I still start my days thinking is this a day I need lots of low cal volume food or do I need to save my cals for higher cal food. I also love how you have embraced change!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
I seem to have more energy on DD so I do cardio then and its always without any calories since I don't eat until night on DD. I feel I need the calories/fat to weight train so I do that on UD. It's been working well so far for me.
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm trying to get into a good workout routine.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Babs I love your new avi! Congrats on all the running!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Thanks Luna! This is a picture taken this last weekend after I finished a half-marathon followed by a full marathon the following day. Thanks again for being such an inspiration for me. I still start my days thinking is this a day I need lots of low cal volume food or do I need to save my cals for higher cal food. I also love how you have embraced change!
Wow, you are my hero! I am in awe of runners, not being one myself.

I'm so glad that comment helped you! It's good to be reminded of it myself, since I was in maintenance and not counting I had kind of let that concept go by the wayside a little.

Now that I'm back in weight loss mode and want to shift a few more pounds, I can use the reminder.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Babs...Your avi is beautiful. You look gorgeous and "FIT"......envy alert!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
I go hard on p90x and pole workouts daily and I have no problem with keeping my energy or blood sugar stable on DD which are full on fasting days and actually for my weight lifting days I feel better when I am fasting. This is what works for me, if you ever feel like you will pass out don't ignore it the shake was a good idea imo if I ever felt ill I would listen to my body.
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote