Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I never thought that I would say this, but.. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794732-i-never-thought-i-would-say-but.html)

Alison 01-18-2013 01:28 AM

I never thought that I would say this, but..

After two days on UD (due to my schedule), I am feeling absolutely excited for a DD!!

Is hell freezing over or something?!

Carly 01-18-2013 03:48 AM

I love my DDs- didn't early on, but now I do. I'm sipping my tea and waiting for my DD energy to come sailing in!

mamadodge 01-18-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16203352)
I love my DDs- didn't early on, but now I do. I'm sipping my tea and waiting for my DD energy to come sailing in!

Gosh I can't wait for the DD energy feeling to surface. I feel like a zombie on DD's! I have been at this two weeks now, and I have not seen any DD like that! :dunno:

Carly 01-18-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadodge (Post 16203354)
Gosh I can't wait for the DD energy feeling to surface. I feel like a zombie on DD's! I have been at this two weeks now, and I have not seen any DD like that! :dunno:

I felt like a zombie for every bit of the first month!

mom23kids 01-18-2013 04:21 AM

I look forward to my DDs more than my UDs most of the time :)

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 04:23 AM

I've had one "euphoric" DD, about a month ago or more. Then they were fairly easy, but now it's back to being difficult and dreading DD's. I really hope that changes because this morning I began to think about leaving JUDDD. :(

DeltaBigBoy 01-18-2013 05:15 AM

I always feel better fasted than fed!

zipp2play 01-18-2013 05:19 AM

Maybe someday I will get there. I don't hate DD's, but I definitely prefer UD's!

Eieio 01-18-2013 06:36 AM

OH yes zombie me was!
Still I'm some days....don't tell. Smile
As far as the energy goes, I don't have it. Now the head buzz, energy I get.
But I have trouble with energy since I'm---- me.

angie1 01-18-2013 07:27 AM

The exact same thing happened to me over the holidays ...after 2 weeks of over-indulging I was excited for a DD -- to feel that empty, but in control feeling!

sunday 01-18-2013 07:50 AM

I have started to really enjoy my UD's so they are my fav now. :love:
When I first began JUDDD, I was at a higher UD number making it stressful to try and get the cals in and I made bad decisions. I know we can eat anything we want on JUDDD, but I ate more unhealthy than healthy and noticed my hunger was unbearable on the following DD. And I didn't run and eat a bunch of fast food, but the nutritional content on UD's was probably as bad or worse. :stars:

I had to change my UD in order to really enjoy my DD. Once I did this, it was like a lightbulb moment. :) I still splurge at least one UD per week and even go over on cals by a bit, but I don't do it every UD. We will go eat at my fav restaurants and even order desert. One day per week.

Flossyliz 01-18-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16203391)
I've had one "euphoric" DD, about a month ago or more. Then they were fairly easy, but now it's back to being difficult and dreading DD's. I really hope that changes because this morning I began to think about leaving JUDDD. :(

:console:Stay with us Cindy. You can do this!!

Wanting things to look/feel a certain way is bound to cause frustration and focus your attention on the negative aspects. I hope you soon find a way to make your DDs easy again - because you're worth it! :heart:

Flossyliz 01-18-2013 07:56 AM

[QUOTE=sunday;16203944]I know we can eat anything we want on JUDDD, but I ate more unhealthy than healthy and noticed my hunger was unbearable on the following DD. And I didn't run and eat a bunch of fast food, but the nutritional content on UD's was probably as bad or worse. :stars:

I had to change my UD in order to really enjoy my DD. Once I did this, it was like a lightbulb moment. :) QUOTE]

:goodpost: Thanks Sunday. Good reminder!

sdjade 01-18-2013 07:57 AM

I wouldn't say that I LOVE my DDs, but I sure do appreciate them. I have been JUDDDing since April of last year and was pretty strict about rotations (a few back-to-back UD in there, but not many). Earlier this month I went to Mexico for 5 days and decided to just make all of them UDs and not worry about it. Holy moly was I happy to have a DD when I came back! I have a new appreciation for DDs since returning that is for sure! :heart:

LoCarbGal 01-18-2013 08:06 AM

I don't look forward to DDs usually, but lately I have been really enjoying the feeling of being just empty. Not hungry, but empty. Big difference. I also have been keeping very busy with lots of energy, so I don't have as much time to think about the fact that I'm not eating.

It is amazing, that DDs can be so pleasant, isn't it? :up:

Demonica 01-18-2013 09:10 AM

I like DD's and alot of times really look forward to them because I don't have to worry about eating to get my calories up. I look forward to my Big breakfast of bacon and eggs on UD's, but after that it's like "I'm not hungry but I have to eat something to get my UD calories in". DD's I don't have to worry about that.

hot-in-texas 01-18-2013 12:00 PM

So far I haven't had any trouble getting my UD calories in. And my DD yesterday was, hard. I took someone's advice(Carly I think) and had some diced cucumber before bed last night, I think it helped, at least psychologically.I don't love my DDs yet, but I can say at this point that i do like the IDEA of them.

hot-in-texas 01-18-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

I truly hope you don't. Look how well you have done even though it has been holiday season. Not just maintaining, but losing too. You have gone down, not up, and that is huge.
Like me, you have been over weight for years. But now you're going in the right direction. What will that look like a year from now if you keep at it?

LoCarbGal 01-18-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

I agree Cindy. Please don't give up now, just when you really are seeing losses and results! You may not be able to "see" it from your perspective, but I can tell you've turned a corner and are on your way to really great results. Now that you're focused on keeping your UD and DD cals in control, you're going to really see a difference. Please, please don't give up now!

Alison 01-18-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie1 (Post 16203883)
The exact same thing happened to me over the holidays ...after 2 weeks of over-indulging I was excited for a DD -- to feel that empty, but in control feeling!

This is exactly what I mean! Having to get enough calories in, and feel stuffed for TWO days in a row, I'm just like, enough! Bring on the light eating!

Alison 01-18-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 16204141)
I like DD's and alot of times really look forward to them because I don't have to worry about eating to get my calories up. I look forward to my Big breakfast of bacon and eggs on UD's, but after that it's like "I'm not hungry but I have to eat something to get my UD calories in". DD's I don't have to worry about that.

Yes, precisely! Not having to worry about "am I eating enough?" and kinda just going with the flow! (:

sunday 01-18-2013 01:01 PM

Cindy, I hope you will stay. :hugs: It isn't easy, but the fact of the matter, all of the truly effective methods are hard. You may like another form of IF better? It never hurts to try Fast 5 or 8 hour. Sirt-1 is activated by IF, not by JUDDD only.

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 01:14 PM

AWW, seems like I'm always looking for someone to have sympathy on me, but really I'm not. I just type without thinking (and speak without thinking sometimes too). I'm committed to JUDDD, even though some DD's are difficult. Without them I wouldn't be losing, however, so have to appreciate THAT. :) Love you guys, and always look forward to tips on everything, including making DD's more bearable and enjoyable.

svenskamae 01-18-2013 01:38 PM

I've had to forego a couple of DDs lately due to social/work obligations. Today I had to take a prospective job candidate to lunch, and it would have been just too weird to not eat in that context. I did stay lowcarb, but I'm irritated that it had to be a Medium day rather than my down day, and I'm relieved that I can get in a nice clean DD tomorrow. I was so afraid of DDs initially, and they are still sometimes hard, and I still sometimes eat over my calorie limit, but I find that I do look forward to the DDs now.

Carly 01-18-2013 01:51 PM

I love that "Hunger is not an emergency". I was hungry this morning, I think, but I just said "ok" and on with the day I went. The hunger passed, maybe came and visited, but I was busy and didn't care. Nothing will happen if I'm hungry for a little while. I'd rather not be hungry, but I'd also rather not a bunch of things insert: be cold, be sick, be tired, be nervous- they happen and I don't panic. I don't panic if I'm hungry either and just like everything else- it passes :clap:

grammyw/kitties 01-18-2013 03:59 PM

My biggest hurdle on a dd is boredom if I am not busy..it is eating just because I haven't or that I am not ..That part really sucks

Librarygirl 01-18-2013 04:42 PM

Agree, grammy. I was thinking about this on my commute home from work today. One of the things that bothers me *sometimes* on DD is that I have nothing to look foward to, lol. No nice dinner when I get home, no drinks, nothing.

My brother-in-law a philosphy PhD and wise person asked me on New Year's what I was doing to lose weight. I told him about JUDDD and he cocked his head and looked at me earnestly and said, "That takes a lot of self discipline." And there was some new respect in his eyes (not that he ever disrespected me). It made me feel sort of proud. :)

Flossyliz 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

Yes, be proud!

Carly 01-18-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16205116)
Yes, be proud!

Yup!

VioletsGrandMom 01-19-2013 01:41 AM

I just wanted to lose weight at first but my RA is so good if I stick that this is my primary goal now. Yesterday was a DD for me. I must have said to myself "You can eat tomorrow "a thousand times yesterday! I am up very early today and am fighting the urge to eat now until later.