Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The Fast Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794705-fast-diet.html)

sdjade 01-17-2013 02:38 PM

The Fast Diet

Dr. Mosely (BBC) has a new book out and a website that talks about intermittent fasting. I haven't seen anyone else share it on here, so just wanted to pass it on. Our little fasting club is going to keep growing! :D

Google: The Fast Diet the secret of intermittent fasting: lose weight, stay healthy, live longer

mom23kids 01-17-2013 05:05 PM

Cool-I'll have to read it :)

Truffles 01-17-2013 05:14 PM

Subbing, thanks for the link

sunday 01-17-2013 05:52 PM

Interesting! huh, I wonder if this is the reason that the BBC Horizon video was pulled? :confused:

Good for him. :)

Seabreezes 01-17-2013 06:48 PM

Someone recently found the video. I'll go look. It looks like there are 2 books at Amazon?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvd...s#.UPi4Umt5mSN

I think this link will work.....

Beeb 01-17-2013 08:12 PM

This sounds like a mini JUDDD WOE that may work well for those of us who can't do the UD/DD rotation anymore or are tired of counting calories.

It does state in the article that those with eating disorders should be advised that this may not be a good way of eating for them. I can see my binge monster coming alive again with the calorie restrictions so probably not a diet I would try right now.

LadyKT 01-17-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 16203172)
This sounds like a mini JUDDD WOE that may work well for those of us who can't do the UD/DD rotation anymore or are tired of counting calories.

It does state in the article that those with eating disorders should be advised that this may not be a good way of eating for them. I can see my binge monster coming alive again with the calorie restrictions so probably not a diet I would try right now.

That's pretty much what I do - or at least what i'm TRYING to do :o

I get anxiety from counting calories or having calories too low (years beaten into my head that you NEED to eat ______ amount of calories or your muscles will deplete, etc) or not having enough energy in the gym (a big factor for me), etc. I don't doubt JUDDD at all as I see the wonderful results it's gotten for most of you, but for me personally? It's too much of a mind game. I just wanna not think, live and be :)

Whitlin' 01-18-2013 09:51 AM

Jade, today in Dr. Mercola's Jan 18 newsletter he mentions this very book and one other one, The 8-hour diet by David Zinczenko and Peter Moore.

Mercola's article is entitled:
"Intermittent fasting finally becoming mainstream health recommendation." and he says these two new books show that mainstream medicine is paying attention.

Actually, maybe this deserves a thread of its own!

mom23kids 01-18-2013 10:17 AM

Ok, spent some time on the website and now I really want to read the book :) I watched the documentary a few days ago and loved how it laid out the science stuff behind why IF works.

It really does sound like JUDDD, but instead of rotating every other day, you just have 2 DDs a week and keep the calories at 500, instead of going lower. Hmmmm, I feel another experimental hack coming on :laugh:

SlimNana 01-18-2013 10:30 AM

I checked out the website & forum discussions too. The book doesn't come out in the US until the end of Feb., but I will be looking more into doing 5:2 for maintenance.:cool:

mom23kids 01-18-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimNana (Post 16204378)
I checked out the website & forum discussions too. The book doesn't come out in the US until the end of Feb., but I will be looking more into doing 5:2 for maintenance.:cool:

That's exactly what I'm thinking :D It sounds just like JUDDD, but with less DDs?

I was just on Amazon looking at The Fat Fast and found another book that sounds like the same thing-The 5:2 Diet Book by Kate Harrison. It's only $2.99 for the Kindle ebook so I may go ahead and get it :)

sterlinggirl 01-18-2013 10:53 AM

Good Job posting this for us to see.. I love the idea of it being somthing that the Medical world is finally goin to see as "healthy" And perhaps once it does we can proudly say.. "oh that.. Ive been fasting like this for a few years " ... :)

shirlc 01-18-2013 12:53 PM

Nice avatar, Kimberly!

sunday 01-18-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16204433)
Good Job posting this for us to see.. I love the idea of it being somthing that the Medical world is finally goin to see as "healthy" And perhaps once it does we can proudly say.. "oh that.. Ive been fasting like this for a few years " ... :)

:hugs::jumpjoy: :love:

Zib 01-18-2013 02:05 PM

As this is what brought me here, I'd love to have this book. I'll be keeping an eye on the release.

Joedi 01-19-2013 02:45 PM

I just downloaded the book, and have been doing 5:2 for 2 weeks. I have been maintaining for over a year on JUDDD, and just thought I would try to see if I could get away with only 2 dd. still at goal, so, so far so good!
Hugs
Jo
X

sunday 01-20-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 16206682)
I just downloaded the book, and have been doing 5:2 for 2 weeks. I have been maintaining for over a year on JUDDD, and just thought I would try to see if I could get away with only 2 dd. still at goal, so, so far so good!
Hugs
Jo
X

Great to hear! I hope this is going to be me as well. :)

Zib 01-20-2013 03:56 PM

I pre-ordered it for my Nook. It should appear while we are on a road trip, so that will be fun reading in the car.