Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Please try not to be too fearful about CPS. I doubt this will even rise up to a case that they would send a welfare call to, but if they do- be polite let them in so they can see there is nothing for them to even be bothered by. I know that here in NY CPS has nothing invested in taking children that are not in danger. NY CPS wants to keep families together and tend to give parents 3rd, 4th, 5th chances who truly do not deserve to be given a second chance. They keep children with parents who have bitten their children, let them out of a car at night on a freeway and driven away and even to parents who have repeatedly punched their children- that is not good either, but it seems that they need a great deal of evidence before a child is removed. I would encourage you to be polite and allow them to see with their own eyes that there is nothing of danger coming to your daughter.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
She said my daughter could be in danger if I'm "starving" myself and not having enough calories in my body to make sound decisions. Then she said if I'm binging myself on other days, my face is probably too much in the food to pay much attention to her!
So many offensive assumptions!!!

I have no advice to add, just hoping everything works out for you.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
After reading this and all the posts, I am absolutely shocked. I'm sure you need to think this through and you'll make the right decision for you and your daughter.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Unbelievable! Well...I guess not really. NOTHING surprises me anymore.

How dare this woman talk to you like that let alone threaten you! I would not want another thing to do with her and would limit any contact to the absolute necessary. There are agencies who have good counselors not tied to the system. Some charitable organizations. Churches. Hopefully you can find some help that is not tied to the system.

Its terrible to be held over a barrel like that. She needs to back off and do her job...period! Not come off like some high and mighty know-it-all. Heaven knows there are plenty of REAL problems out there for them to deal with like some of the cases Carly mentioned. Too bad she's too stupid to focus her authority on someone like you.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 01-17-2013 at 04:50 PM..
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Carry Dr. Johnson's book The Alternate Day Diet with you at any time that you may be seeing this person, or any person to whom she refers you, her supervisor, or at any visit to your Dr or your child's dr.

Get the library copy if you don't have one, but used copies are also very inexpensive, order from Amazon or find another used bookseller on the net.

For anyone who questions you, your answer should be to pull out the book, point to it, and say, "I just told her I was following Dr. Johnson's guidelines for this very healthy, proven way of eating."

Also, yes, I'd register a complaint, but that may just be me.

Know that you have been following a sensible weight loss program that has a lot of credibility and has been around for years. ((hugs))
Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I wouldnt bother trying to reason with her and explain ADF. Obviously she is a know-it-all with the open mind of a tree stump. Tell her you missed the meeting because you were out shopping for ice cream and cookies. LOL
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #37
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
That is just horrifying! I once again feel (as a therapist myself) the need to apologize for the incompetency of others in my profession, sigh. Unfortunately, there's a certain subset of healthcare providers who get off on using the miniscule amount of power they have...like threats to call CPS. You have recourse. At the very least you can request a different provider, and lodge a complaint with the supervisor at that facility and the state licensing board, if the therapist holds a license. I'm so, so sorry!
--patty
AGREE!! Go find someone else, if need be and report this CRAZY woman!! Can't you just walk away and never go back there?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeltaBigBoy
Stats: 342/263.4/?160?
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Only a few people in the real world know how I'm actually losing weight. I just say I'm eating less when people ask. I'm tired of listening to negative nancies who just regurgitate what our illustrious government tells them what and how to eat. I find most people can't or won't think for themselves.
DeltaBigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zib View Post
This reminds me of the time my SIL's sister was staying with her and my brother while recovering from heart surgery. When she went for a f/up with her doctor he told her how/what to eat and she explained that she was living with her sister during recovery and her sister was an Atkid/LCer so that was how she'd be eating. He was VERY concerned for her health, told her no way, bad diet yada yada. When her blood work came back he raved about how great she was doing and said....."I guess I'll have to read that book." Anne said, "do you mean to tell me you are giving advice on a plan you have zero knowledge of?" eeer, yeah, guess I am.

So's Lyricsmom's therapist.
Yep. So disturbing to think that doctors don't know everything isn't it?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Unbelievable and frightening. I know you will prevail and your daughter will be safe and happy with you while that "therapist" hopefully finds a special kind of hell for what she has put you through.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jedswife
Stats: 220/160/140
WOE: Body By Atkins
You Need To Lodge A Formal Complaint Immediately ...that way if she does call CPS it will be viewed as retaliation against your complaint!!!!!

Please do it asap to protect yourself
jedswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyric's Mom
Stats: 130/110 5'2" 41 y/o
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: August 2012
"Tell her you missed the meeting because you were out shopping for ice cream and cookies. LOL" Hahaha - that made me laugh JayLynn. :-) I did skip out on her required group session so we'll see if I get a CPS knock at the door in the next few days. I think I am going to try not to rock the boat so when we have our next scheduled one-on-one, I'm just going to play it cool regards my WOE, tell her what she wants to hear basically, and play her game. I hate confrontation and I know I should probably file a complaint now because like Jedswife said, it may seem like retaliation on my part if I do it after CPS comes by. Oh geez, I hate being put in this position but I have to protect myself and my family too. Thanks again everyone for all your valuable input and support. It makes me feel really not alone in this and I really appreciate it.
Lyric's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedswife View Post
You Need To Lodge A Formal Complaint Immediately ...that way if she does call CPS it will be viewed as retaliation against your complaint!!!!!

Please do it asap to protect yourself
TOTALLY agree with this. Better to be first off the mark. Then IF anyone puts in a complaint, THEY look like they are retaliating.
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote