Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday - plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794667-ud-thursday-plans.html)

sorenkkg 01-17-2013 08:07 AM

UD Thursday - plans

I *plan* to stop coughing! I can tell I'm getting incrementally better on my own, but very happy to see the Dr later today and maybe get some drug-based relief! :p

Food:
after yesterday's unplanned willy-nilly-ness, I'm up a bit on the scale :( which sucks b/c I had a good DD right up until the end.

Lessons learned: can't eat dinner at 8:30pm, that dinner can't be a footlong sub (not bad for cals, but still), and I can't go over my DD cals by that much at that time of day.
sigh.

Today:
B: not sure, maybe eggs
L: still not sure
D: DH mentioned wanting pork ribs, so maybe on the way home from the Dr's I'll pick some up.

S.

sunday 01-17-2013 08:16 AM

I am so sorry Soren. I wish you could feel like your old self. Sounds like your hubby and boss are taking care of you!

I have no idea what all I will have today, but started day off with bone broth soup on a cup of mashed taters. I plan to have grilled tilapia, salad greens, snap peas, french onion soup, and blueberry cloud. Hopefully a good dose of avocado on that salad! :yummy:
1600 cals please!

SlimNana 01-17-2013 08:48 AM

UD Max. 1500 @ 148.4 (finally below 150)

9:00 Coffee, FF half & half, Quest protein bar
12:00 1 C. FF greek yogurt, 2 prunes, 2 Tbsp. ground flax
3:00 2 Sl. turkey bacon, 1 LF cheese stick, 1 oz. toasted almonds, herbal tea.
6:00 Turkey breast, gravy, stuffing, brussels sprouts, mixed veg. salad with balsamic & evoo dressing, diet green tea.
9:00 1/2 C. LF ricotta cheese, almond extract, trivia, chopped toasted almonds, diet hot cocoa
:yummy:

Eieio 01-17-2013 08:50 AM

YES, Soren going to the doctor today! I remembered.
I woke gain with couple pounds of gunk in my head wanting out, sigh.
MY UD I hope to NOT go over 1,800-2,000 calories, fingers crossed.
Its the pecans, walnuts that trick me up do allll days.
B. broth
L. Tuna, lettuce salad, (few) pecans, celery, half apple, raisins, it's a Waldorf potions I make= 550-600 calories.
D. Lots of Protein KFC chicken, our green beams frozen from store.
eeting my hubby at the gym for is insanity w/o, and a few upper lite wt lifting for me.
happy day everybody.
Anxious for S. to let us no what doc says.

penguinpower 01-17-2013 08:59 AM

B - coffee w coconut creamer, grapefruit
L - bacon, mushroom, cheese omelet
D - oven-fried oysters, salad, broccoli
S - will stick to gluc jello

I'm a little leery on the oysters, they will push me to the max or a bit higher on my count for today, but I do love them!

sorenkkg 01-17-2013 09:13 AM

Congrats SlimNana on the new numbers!

Penguin, oven-fried oysters!!! genius! do you start with canned or fresh oysters? I do love fried oysters :yummy:

penguinpower 01-17-2013 09:55 AM

Soren - they are the kind you get in an 8-oz container in the seafood cooler around here - we get almost no really really fresh seafood, but these are uncooked. I have been using this recipe for a couple of years. It's wonderful!

Crispy Oven-Fried Oysters Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Edited to add: Don't use a silpat liner to make these, they never crisp up. I use foil on top of my baking sheet, sprayed with Pam.

Debrat3 01-17-2013 10:02 AM

I've got a hankering for Sushi! Love that stuff!:yummy:

SlimNana 01-17-2013 10:03 AM

Thanks Soren! Hope all goes well for you at your Dr. appt. today, and you get well soon!

BaileysGirl 01-17-2013 10:44 AM

Happy Almost Friday!!!

B - 1 biscuit w/ honey, 2 scrambled eggs w/ tiny bit of cheese, 2 turkey sausage links 524c (if I had known that biscuit had 260 calories I would have only eaten half! LOL)
L - 3/4 of an avocado, 1 smartones spaghetti w/ meat sauce 438c
D - no idea - going out with friends but will have 938 calories available!

mom23kids 01-17-2013 10:47 AM

I had a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast :laugh:

Just got back from being at church all morning and I was starving so I just stuffed about a half of a bag of bagel chips in my mouth :o

late lunch-some sort of frozen entree

supper-??

It's one of those days :p

sorenkkg 01-17-2013 01:14 PM

Hey Guys! I'm back from the Dr, and posted in my thread about it. Long story short, I'm fine-ish, gargle with salt water, take honey before bed, and stop taking cough suppressant, and I'll probably still cough for another week maybe.

:p but whatever... :) S.

zipp2play 01-17-2013 01:25 PM

Soren, My daughter, who is 11 has had a cough for 2+ weeks. That's what they told her but they also gave her steroids and antibiotics!

B - 2eggs, toast, cheese
S - protein granola bar
L- soup / salad
D - either breakfast for dinner OR tuna casserole, I'm letting my DD decide!

sorenkkg 01-17-2013 01:33 PM

:hugs: poor monkey!

I love your dinner options Monica! Can you make some extra for me? ;)

Debbie, I love sushi too! :) And Natasha, now, you made me want a real biscuit! maybe on the weekend... ;)

tobelowcarber 01-17-2013 04:55 PM

Soren, glad you saw the doctor and I hope you feel better soon!

B: 2 scrambled eggs in butter, 4 oz lamb burger 408 cal
L: ground lamb cooked with onions, ginger, sour cream, indian spices, 3 oz sautéed shitake mushroom and 4 oz steamed green chard 634 cal
D: 9 oz baked salmon, 6 oz steamed cauliflower, 3 oz sautéed shitake mushroom and 4 oz steamed green chard 534 cal

total 1576 cal/33 gr carbs

sorenkkg 01-18-2013 07:46 AM

End of day:
B: 3 large eggs, some salami, crystal lite ruby grapefruit
424 cal
S: 2 turkey pepperettes (120)
some flax/other seed "pretzels" 150
2 and then another tangerine after dinner - 111 total

D: 10oz lean ground beef (610) , 1 slice of cheese, various condiments, some mayo (100), 1 serving sweetpotato fries (from frozen) 140
no tater tots but mini breakfast hashbrowns (6) - 240

dessert: air popped popcorn (ok, bad idea when you have a dry tickling cough!) with some HONEY on it-- 130

before bed, 1 tsp honey - 20
another tsp in the middle of the night 20

2148 (my upper limit is 2200).

I feel like about 10,000$ today, which is an improvement! :)