Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Sher, It is a big breakfast with 50 gr of protein within 30 min of waking.

It is used a lot in the paleo circles for resetting Leptin and thus working on balancing the circadian rhythm. If you have been to Mark's Daily Apple, search for "Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2". Jack is a neurologist who practices in Nashville, I believe that lost his weight by re-setting his Leptin.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
thanks Sunday, checking it out !
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
BAB=Big-(another word for donkey or buttocks) Breakfast
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
BAB=Big-(another word for donkey or buttocks) Breakfast
Yep! I wish I could switch back to breakfast, but I am doing so well with the lunch/dinner combo, I feel like it will mess me up to change gears. I don't have sleep issues though. In fact, I seldom can make it past 11:00 pm. I try, but my body says, NO.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lychee
Stats: 140/119/95
Start Date: January 2013
Thank you so much for the book recommendation of "Brain over Binge". I think I will never see binging in the same light again. It's just been six days not binging, but my thinking is what's really shifted. I'm taking a pause from up day down day for now but may be back if there's more weight to lose when done juicing. Which I think there will. It seemed like it was working well for me for a while there in terms of lifestyle.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/123.2/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
Thank you so much for the book recommendation of "Brain over Binge". I think I will never see binging in the same light again. It's just been six days not binging, but my thinking is what's really shifted. I'm taking a pause from up day down day for now but may be back if there's more weight to lose when done juicing. Which I think there will. It seemed like it was working well for me for a while there in terms of lifestyle.
Thanks for letting us know that this book is helping you. I have the book but never got into reading it (too many books to read plus I am always thinking that I can not rationalize this binging behavior). Maybe I need to start reading it today as I am struggling with binging big time right now.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lychee
Stats: 140/119/95
Start Date: January 2013
tobelowcarber, I hope that you read it and that it helps you. Just to recap the ideas that are presented in the book (Brain over Binge, that is), for anyone that this might be of interest to:
- Bingeing is a habit created many times by restrictive dieting, particularly in adolescence, that becomes engrained in your lower "lizard" brain. It is not caused by complicated emotional problems, and it is not necessary to resolve all complicated emotional problems you may have in order to stop bingeing. (Complicated emotional problems, may of course, have contributed to your trying to diet restrictively, and may help perpetuate the bingeing to some extent, and it can never hurt to try resolve them.)
- The binge urge is not your true self, they are messages from your lower brain, that has become used to bingeing and wants to perpetuate it.
- If you can separate your higher brain, which represents your true self, from your lower brain, and just acknowledge your binge related thoughts instead of responding to, reasoning, arguing, pleading or even fighting with them, you can let them pass without struggle. You can recognize these messages are just junk and the result of some faulty wiring that needs to be corrected.
- With time, the urges get less and less as the habit goes away and your lower brain gets used to the new routine.

I identified so much with the author's story and her perspective on conventional therapeutic approaches for binge eating. What worked amazingly for me to "separate" my true self from the lizard brain messages was to just write them down. That way I wasn't responding to them at all, it gave me a time out to do something else, take out my phone, note it down with the time. Then I realized there were just a few categories of messages that lizard brain was sending me about bingeing. That made it so much less threatening. I could just be like, " oh, there's 'might as well just start tomorrow' again, I know that one." I even set up an iPhone app to log whatever binge urge thoughts came up, just to record how the frequency might change. After I started logging / recording them in that fashion, there was virtually no struggle anymore between my true self and the binge urges. I even had a run-in with some chocolate pretzels today where I started eating some because I got too hungry, normally a super "trigger" food for me, and I managed to set myself a limit on how much I was going to eat and then stop, and just note that the lizard was telling me "might as well just keep eating" and that that was just junk.
Anyways, that's getting into too much detail for this thread, but it's a really good book and feel free to message me if you get into it.
I'm also planning to read Gillian Riley's book, "Eating Less" as I hear it's along the same lines. Anybody read that one?
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
That is very interesting Lychee, thank you so much for sharing that info, and I'm so glad it is helping you. It seems like the first step you are saying is to acknowledge 'lizard brain' lol. That's so cool and so simple! I am definitely a binger, but haven't binged since starting JUDDD, but still I'm glad to know this info and about that book because you never know when lizard brain might try to make a reappearance! I think I am definitely going to read it.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/123.2/115-120
Thank you Lechee!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Lychee, that's REALLY cool!!!

Jon Gabriel talks about the lizard brain in his book, The Gabriel Method.
It's very interesting.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I was a fruitarian too and it seemed to trigger binging. If you want fruit just have it on your DD/'s and then eat whatever on UD's. My UD's seem bingish at times.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VioletsGrandMom
Stats: 253/232/180
WOE: Atkins Jan2012/JUDDD since October 2012
Start Date: January12Restart5/14
Has anyone done the recommendations in Julia Ross' The Diet Cure? I am such a sweet eater - I was going to try it next week. In her older book, she says to cut out wheat, milk and sugar for 7 days and then add them back to see how you do (that's a very small summary!). I am sticking to 3 down days a week just for my RA. I have not lost a pound in 2 months though - I should have lost something for sticking to less than 500 calories in a day for 3 days a week. I am not eating THAT much on the other days. I am not looking for huge numbers but I hate that I am literally stuck where I am. I want to start L-Glutamine and Ptero again but I have been having stomach issues and have an endoscopy scheduled for Monday. Kind of afraid to do anything new until after that (so I stick to eating every cake, cookie and sweet things in sight!)
VioletsGrandMom is offline   Reply With Quote