Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
To prevent binging I keep my treat, either biscuits or peanut m&m's usually, till last thing at night. I get ready for bed...get cosy with a book and my hot water bottle, and sit in bed with my treats and a cuppa. When I finish, it's straight up, brush my teeth, and back in bed! The thought of my treat keeps me on track during the day, and after I have it it's bedtime, my teeth are brushed and I am nowhere near the kitchen! Sounds daft, but has always worked for me.
If I have it early, it just flicks a craving switch in my brain, which is unpleasant, even if I don't give in to it.
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
It might be a good idea to define your terms? What definition of "binge-eating" are folks going by? Is it eating something delicious past the point of hunger? Is it stuffing in food you're not even really enjoying til the point of physical pain? One person's binge might be another's fun night out!
---patty
My binging is one where I start to eat and do not stop. I just graze and graze, a little of this, a little of that until before you know it I am just eating and eating for hours, and usually at night. I'm not even hungry, I just keep eating. I never "stuff" myself, per say, but I do eat massive calories and most of the binging is on junk foods; cupcakes, candy, etc. and here is the funny part...even eating healthy foods like fruit and veggie I eat WAY too much, and just eat and eat. I'm a binger and no food is a safe/healthy or good food when I get going. This is why I had to stop my beloved JUDDD. Even counting calories didn't work because I would just eat lots and lots of low calorie foods.

What is helping and seems like a miracle to me right now is IF. I have a time I "stop" eating and I stick to it. A time I start eating and can push that time a little further out or in, depending on what I need to do for the type of day/event/occasion I am having PLUS I just need to watch portions instead of counting calories which actually made the binge monster stronger because I would look at the calories I had eaten and try to figure out a way to have more so I could just keep eating! It was NOT pretty so I stopped counting calories and just limited the times I now eat. Better for me right now. Some day I would LOVE to go back to JUDDD.......someday!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Linda, I am so thrilled this is working for you.

I am doing both 8 hour plus JUDDD. Seems to feel really good too!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Linda, I am so thrilled this is working for you.

I am doing both 8 hour plus JUDDD. Seems to feel really good too!
^^^^I would LOVE to someday do both! Working toward this goal!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I haven't been here long, and just started JUDDD (if making it through 1 DD counts!( but this is the exact reason I wanted to give it a try. I can pull off LC or restricted cals for a bit, but then I just gotta have some pizza/popcorn/ice cream...whatever. So then I gorge, with a mindset of "well I can start up again tomorrow" except that I don't. It will be next week, next month, next year all with a "just one more day of being 'bad'" and that's how I packed on the pounds. I think, mentally, this will be great for me! Yesterday I clocked in at 410. Tonight we are having pizza. And I'll be counting slices, for sure, but the fact that I get pizza - how awesome is that?
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
It's awesome Yennie! I was amazed the first time I realized pizza was on the table again!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

I've heard a lot of good things about amino acids for eating disorders. There's a book that gets recommended a lot but I can't remember the title...maybe someone else will?! Brain over Binge?

Are your binges triggered by cravings or emotions?
okay, i think this is the book i was thinking of
(don't have it myself, just have seen it mentioned a lot):
The Diet Cure by Julia Ross
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lychee
Stats: 140/119/95
Start Date: January 2013
So, just a quick update for posterity, I feel like so far, even though I've been far from having perfect rotations, I have been pretty good about not binging. Even when a down day turned into an up day, I knew I could just have a down day instead the next day and didn't feel the need to eat and eat all the stuff I would "never" eat again afterwards and "start over" the next day. I'm also more mindful, if I know I'm eating over my calories, to at least not eat things that will stoke my hunger and make it a super crave-y, bloated down day the next day. For example, I know I can have a few spoonfuls of nut butter or some dark chocolate without feeling all off kilter the next day. But if I eat three bagels, I'll be starving. And I'm not anti-carb, but refined flour stuff kills me.
This is 13 days in a row without binging, which is the longest streak I've had in the last two years or so I think. There was one time when I was in the beginning excitement of raw vegan when I managed almost 4 weeks in a row without binging about three years ago, so now I'm trying to beat that. It's okay to overeat a little as long as it doesn't turn into a binge.
I'm trying to incorporate, as an experiment, during the next week's rotation, a no-counting day with a reduced eating window. I find that sometimes I do feel that even with the generous UD allotment, I feel kind of like it's very much dieting and there are a lot of things I don't want to have because of how calorie dense they are. So, I'll have one day where I just eat peanut butter *and* dark chocolate and whatever else I want, just during a 3-4 hour window. Not that I'll stuff myself the whole time, more to have a time that I know I have to put it away and stop and to not be grazing on very dense things all day.
I tried having a no counting day without any time limits yesterday and although it didn't feel like a binge, I think the dried fruit and peanuts added up to beyond what was really necessary for me to feel like I was pleasantly fueled up.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sounds like you're doing great, Lychee! You're learning more about yourself and what makes you eat, overeat, and binge. That's a big deal and will only help you on this journey. WTG!!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Lychee! The eating window has done wonders for me too. I am starting to see the results in losses again, but not only that I feel a better sense of control.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #41

Sorry to say I have had to stop all types of "dieting" right now because even the 8 Hour Diet started me on binging for the whole 8 hours of my window!

I just think my mind is rebelling against anything that has to do with "restriction" of any kind; food, time, carbs, etc. I have no idea what I'm going to do to get these 20 pounds off from my all time JUDDD low but I'm not going to stress about it, either!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DianeDelgado
Stats: 199/176.2/145
WOE: Atkins 1/2009
Start Date: JUDD 1/2013
I am going to jump in here because I feel like this has been what has happened to me. After my surgeries, and the 6 weeks of trying to regulate my meds with all the weight gain, I have become depressed. Not only physically trying to feel like the "old me", but gaining almost half of the weight I lost 5 years ago on LC. My meds are almost regulated, and my metabolism should be working better, so I don't feel I have the excuse medically. I find that I am binging. I am eating high carbs, and junk food (and wine) and I don't feel good. Everyday this week I have told myself I am starting JUDDD and LC together, but then I start eating things I haven't touched in years! I think my mind is at that point (like years before) that I feel defeated. I have to REALLY get it together
DianeDelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeDelgado View Post
I am going to jump in here because I feel like this has been what has happened to me. After my surgeries, and the 6 weeks of trying to regulate my meds with all the weight gain, I have become depressed. Not only physically trying to feel like the "old me", but gaining almost half of the weight I lost 5 years ago on LC. My meds are almost regulated, and my metabolism should be working better, so I don't feel I have the excuse medically. I find that I am binging. I am eating high carbs, and junk food (and wine) and I don't feel good. Everyday this week I have told myself I am starting JUDDD and LC together, but then I start eating things I haven't touched in years! I think my mind is at that point (like years before) that I feel defeated. I have to REALLY get it together
Right there with you!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
For what it's worth Lychee, I haven't binged since I started, and I was a daily binger before. My binging episodes(again daily) included ice cream with marshmallows, chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter. And then some left over chicken broccoli casserole, and then the ice cream again-with all the toppings again. And then an hour later, more chicken casserole. All day long. Or with other food, just whatever we were having. I felt constantly hungry.
Wow. That was pretty bad, huh?
The closest I've come to binging since i've been on JUDDD,was on a DD I ate an extra 1/2 cup of yogurt and about an ounce of chicken, both which were over my DD calories. And it felt like a binge, but it really wasn't, was it?
I also found my trigger food that starts me wanting to binge, and that is deep fried food. (Probably ice cream and chicken casserole too, but I haven't had either of those things since starting JUDDD)
That is my story, JUDDD has helped me.
Good luck! Coming here for support helps a LOT too

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 01-28-2013 at 05:47 PM..
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am sorry that fasting does this. I have had Up days where I have eaten junk. Oh, and yes, I still do this once in a while, but I have found that it makes my following DD so painful that I can't continue the cycle. I would rather eat optimally on both days, so that I can fast on DD, because it is just unbearable if I don't.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm sorry you're feeling in the ditch like that. I've been there so many times, and sometimes it just takes me a month to get out, which in retrospect I wish I hadn't wasted sitting in a ditch.
I always try to think about how it just takes an investment in a couple days that are hard to start feeling better. After just one week of being back on track, not binging, no matter whether following JUDDD or even just "eating clean", I feel so much better, slimmer and ready to get out in the world again. Don't give up and don't stop trying, and if you need to do something new, do it! I too have to keep tweaking, keep educating myself, listening to podcasts, reading books, exploring health, fitness and broader wellness from all angles and I refuse to give up. I may never be the perfect eater or the perfect size and shape, but I'm going to keep working at it.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling in the ditch like that. I've been there so many times, and sometimes it just takes me a month to get out, which in retrospect I wish I hadn't wasted sitting in a ditch.
I always try to think about how it just takes an investment in a couple days that are hard to start feeling better. After just one week of being back on track, not binging, no matter whether following JUDDD or even just "eating clean", I feel so much better, slimmer and ready to get out in the world again. Don't give up and don't stop trying, and if you need to do something new, do it! I too have to keep tweaking, keep educating myself, listening to podcasts, reading books, exploring health, fitness and broader wellness from all angles and I refuse to give up. I may never be the perfect eater or the perfect size and shape, but I'm going to keep working at it.
Love this! Great post!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DianeDelgado
Stats: 199/176.2/145
WOE: Atkins 1/2009
Start Date: JUDD 1/2013
Thank you Lychee. I am emotionally THERE, I just need to follow through with the actions. It has been 4 months of 2 surgeries, treatment, and medication regulation that has thrown me into this gain and depression. I have to remember that I DID it 5 years ago. I lost 45lbs and have kept it off. I was so disciplined, and NEVER ate off plan in any way. It had become a way of life, not really a diet. I KNOW what I need to do (don't all over weight people?), I just have to commit. Today is a new day
DianeDelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you Lychee. I am emotionally THERE, I just need to follow through with the actions. It has been 4 months of 2 surgeries, treatment, and medication regulation that has thrown me into this gain and depression. I have to remember that I DID it 5 years ago. I lost 45lbs and have kept it off. I was so disciplined, and NEVER ate off plan in any way. It had become a way of life, not really a diet. I KNOW what I need to do (don't all over weight people?), I just have to commit. Today is a new day
Wishing you much success! Reading here will give you the motivation and encouragement. Great place to be!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

One idea that has helped me at times was to just pretend I was already the person I was trying to become: Imagine you already are the slim, trim, fit, healthy person, what would your routine be? How would you feel?
I forget where I heard this, but someone said that the brain can't handle having unanswered questions, so if you ask yourself: "why am I so fat? why do i always fail at sticking to a diet? why do i always fall back into old patterns? why can't i give up eating xyz?", your brain will supply the excuses for you to continue.
The suggestion was, instead, to ask yourself: "Why do I love healthy food so much? How was I so successful at implementing dietary change? Why am I so disciplined at sticking to my diet, even when other things go wrong in my life?"
I found this a strangely compelling idea.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Lychee this is a great way to look at things. It is similar to the frame work for Solution focused brief therapy which is a successful, evidence based approach. Later I will try to link an article or paste some info about it.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
What is Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)?

As the name suggests, it is about being brief and focusing on solutions, rather than on problems. We learned a long time ago that when there is a problem, many professionals spend a great deal of time thinking, talking, and analyzing the problems, while the suffering goes on. It occurred to a team of mental health professionals at the Brief Family Therapy Center that so much time and energy, as well as many resources, are spent on talking about problems, rather than thinking about what might help us to get to solutions that would bring on realistic, reasonable relief as quickly as possible.

We discovered that problems do not happen all the time. Even the most chronic problems have periods or times when the difficulties do not occur or are less intense. By studying these times when problems are less severe or even absent, we discovered that people do many positive things that they are not fully aware of. By bringing these small successes into their awareness and repeating the successful things they do when the problem is less severe, people improve their lives and become more confident about themselves.

And, of course, there is nothing like experiencing small successes to help a person become more hopeful about themselves and their life. When they are more hopeful, they become more interested in creating a better life for themselves and their families. They become more hopeful about their future and want to achieve more.

Because these solutions appear occasionally and are already within the person, repeating these successful behaviors is easier than learning a whole new set of solutions that may have worked for someone else. Thus, the brief part was born. Since it takes less effort, people can readily become more eager to repeat the successful behaviors and make further changes.

Solution-Focused Brief Therapy has taken almost 30 years to develop into what it is today. It is simple to learn, but difficult to practice because our old learning gets in the way. The model continues to evolve and change. It is increasingly taken out of the therapy or counseling room and applied in a wide variety of settings where people want to get along or work together.

Insoo Kim Berg
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insoo is one of the founders of SFBT and there is a lot of great info on the web if this interests anyone.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I love positive thinking! Thank you for reminding me of this Lychee. One of my favorite sayings is Obstacles are those frightening things we see when we take our eyes off the goal..
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Another binger here! Sounds like you are making progress! I think JUDDD is great for the all or nothing type thinking because it sort of helps change the way you think about food - you can always just have what you want tomorrow! I think you are seeing that.

1) The book "Brain Over Binge" helped me understand the thinking behind binge eating. I bought it for my i-phone/kindle so I can go back to it if I need it. I recommend you start there. It explains the restrict/binge cycles in terms you can understand. She explains what part of your brain "causes" the binge cycle.

2) I'm working through books on emotional eating. We bingers are usually stuffing our emotions down with food, or rewarding ourselves with food...everything in our lives is centered around food. There are lots of great books on the subject and they are helping to further change my views on food, which really is the core problem. I think to stop being so food-centric and find other emotional outlets. I'm not talking replacing food with working out (that does not work - working out is a separate release for me), but actually FEELING the emotions and learning to work through them without a quart of ice cream or half a tube of cookie dough. I check these out from the library.

3) In regards to diet, I find that I cannot be too restricting, or that causes a binge. I have to allow for some foods that I enjoy. However, I am trying to lose weight, so I know that I need to moderate those things. I try to add more veggies and fruits. I snack on apples, carrots and hummus, oranges, tomatoes. I try to make at least 1 green smoothie a day. I have steamed broccoli with lunch. I made this wonderful chard and mushroom dish (which had a bit of wine and cheese in it - gotta allow SOME things). I add avocados to my tuna or egg salad. I've tried to reduce bread intake and when I eat it, I whole grain (which I love anyway!). I try to stick to whole grain crackers if I have those. I also eat the "carby" foods for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is early and low carb. That is what works for me. And for the sweet tooth (I have a mouth full of these things! ), I have found some great dark chocolates - with coconut, or dried cherries and almonds, sea salt, or just plain. Oh, and nuts! I moderate them, but cinnamon almonds are a great treat! Also Trio bars (my usual breakfast - just nuts, seeds, and dried fruit). I try for organic, grass fed, natural, whole foods as much as possible. This is what works for me...

4) I am very conscious of how I eat my food now. I try to take breaks, set my food/fork down in between bites, and really guage my hunger level. If try to pack only what I know I can eat because I hate to waste food, however, I am working on trying to not care if I don't finish. Most things can be wrapped up for later.

I hope you find what works for you! Good luck!

Last edited by DD80; 01-30-2013 at 07:14 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Another binger here! Sounds like you are making progress! I think JUDDD is great for the all or nothing type thinking because it sort of helps change the way you think about food - you can always just have what you want tomorrow! I think you are seeing that.

1) The book "Brain Over Binge" helped me understand the thinking behind binge eating. I bought it for my i-phone/kindle so I can go back to it if I need it. I recommend you start there. It explains the restrict/binge cycles in terms you can understand. She explains what part of your brain "causes" the binge cycle.

2) I'm working through books on emotional eating. We bingers are usually stuffing our emotions down with food, or rewarding ourselves with food...everything in our lives is centered around food. There are lots of great books on the subject and they are helping to further change my views on food, which really is the core problem. I think to stop being so food-centric and find other emotional outlets. I'm not talking replacing food with working out (that does not work - working out is a separate release for me), but actually FEELING the emotions and learning to work through them without a quart of ice cream or half a tube of cookie dough. I check these out from the library.

3) In regards to diet, I find that I cannot be too restricting, or that causes a binge. I have to allow for some foods that I enjoy. However, I am trying to lose weight, so I know that I need to moderate those things. I try to add more veggies and fruits. I snack on apples, carrots and hummus, oranges, tomatoes. I try to make at least 1 green smoothie a day. I have steamed broccoli with lunch. I made this wonderful chard and mushroom dish (which had a bit of wine and cheese in it - gotta allow SOME things). I add avocados to my tuna or egg salad. I've tried to reduce bread intake and when I eat it, I whole grain (which I love anyway!). I try to stick to whole grain crackers if I have those. I also eat the "carby" foods for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is early and low carb. That is what works for me. And for the sweet tooth (I have a mouth full of these things! ), I have found some great dark chocolates - with coconut, or dried cherries and almonds, sea salt, or just plain. Oh, and nuts! I moderate them, but cinnamon almonds are a great treat! Also Trio bars (my usual breakfast - just nuts, seeds, and dried fruit). I try for organic, grass fed, natural, whole foods as much as possible. This is what works for me...

4) I am very conscious of how I eat my food now. I try to take breaks, set my food/fork down in between bites, and really guage my hunger level. If try to pack only what I know I can eat because I hate to waste food, however, I am working on trying to not care if I don't finish. Most things can be wrapped up for later.

I hope you find what works for you! Good luck!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I love these new posts about the power of positive thinking! Its so important for all of us, I think.

Total (recovering) binger here, as I stated before. I would get an urge, gorge myself on garbage (usually fast food from the drive thru) and then, an hour later, feel like crap. I always said, "I feel awful. Why can't I remember how terrible this food makes me feel the next time I feel like <Establishment X>!!" so I started writing it down! Seriously, in eye liner on my bathroom mirror. I would write things like "Last night I ate <entire list> and my stomach hurt for 3 hours afterwards. Today I will eat an apple!" My husband thought I was nuts but he's a pretty easy going guy and didn't mind. I also wrote on sticky notes and put them on the rear view mirror of my car, since that was usually the time (on my hour+ drive home) that I'd suddenly decide I was starving and if I didn't have a Sourdough Jack RIGHT NOW I was surely going to die!
Two of the things I've learned here with JUDDD that things like Atkins never taught me is how to be hungry & that hunger is not an emergency!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #58

What is very weird for me is JUDDD started me on binging. I was never a binger, even though I tend to start my day eating with lunch and finish up with a few snacks later at night and I always just ate to hunger. Once I was into JUDDD for about 4 months is when the binging on UDs started because of my fear of being hungry on the DD that would follow. I also stopped counting calories on my UDs, BIG mistake it seems!

JUDDD IS an excellent WOE and I truly miss the way I felt and the weight I kept off on it BUT I have had a terrible time with binging in the last 7 months and I will have to say that it was the fear of being hungry that started it for me. Hunger BECAME an emergency to me, something that never happened before! Any kind of JUDDD type diet would have done it, so JUDDD is NOT the problem, restrictive eating seems to be the problem for me. Heck, I didn't even know I was binging when it first started because it had never happened to me before and had to have someone point it out to me. After much research I found that binging was what I was doing and not even knowing it.

Now I am just trying this and that to stop binging and to find a way to drop the 20 pounds that I have put on since last year. Any WOE that restricts and makes me hungry is NOT good for me, it seems so the search in on. I just know that when I started JUDDD again in January the binging got WAY out of control again and I was right back to square one with trying to get it under control!

Many have been helped with JUDDD but some of us have found a problem with it. It is as they say; you mileage may vary.

Just wish it wasn't so because I truly LOVED JUDDD!

Last edited by Beeb; 02-10-2013 at 07:14 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Much love and thoughts to you Linda and all.

I can't begin to understand the why on this, but agree that it has thrown you into a mess.

I have written to Dr. Johnson and still waiting for an answer, but sincerely wish to discuss a few issues with JUDDD and this problem is one. In fact, I would like to know what any other scientists/doctors who have researched fasting have discovered on various other problems that stump many of our IFers. I think one of my main concerns is that longterm ADF without maintenance periods could cause issues w/ some women. Also, I feel strongly that maintenance should be at a much higher DD number than 300 cals EOD. In fact, 5:2 may be the better option for maintaining.

I had to make a decision to switch or end up being in a real mess. 16:8 combined with PHD seems to be my solution, or at least for now it seems to be solving the dilemma.

I am one who kept noticing that I didn't feel well nourished. I had reached a point where I was literally stalled long term, going up and down the same 2-4 lbs. Frustrating. It wouldn't make sense to lower my UD cals because I am already at 950 daily average and it doesn't bear logic.

One good thing about Juddd, it does illuminate triggers. I strongly suspect that binging and even anorexia could be something that women need to watch for and take heed to. I noticed immediately after beginning JUDDD that I couldn't have a glass of wine on UD. So, unfortunately, something that I enjoyed so much would have to go. I have heard so many here on our forum state that they noticed the same, maybe not wine, but sugar/bread. One glass on UD always led to two, then I would binge on nuts as if I would never have a taste of nuts again. It was crazy.

I hope you are able to get answers and please come back and let us know what resolution you find.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 02-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm a horrible binger at times (mostly sugar and sweets) and have basically been maintaining for 3 months because I have have a hard time reigning in my UD's and they were turning into free for all's with topped off with copious amounts of wine

My DD's were always spot on 350 or less so my weight did not go up but I don't particularly feel done at 160 so I definitely need to get this under control.

What I have done that *seems* to be working for me is to do a JUDDD within a JUDDD diet with the promise that if I keep my calories to my limits on my UD's during the week, that whatever UD falls on the weekend will be a let loose and not count kind of day. I still try to keep it from going too over the top and have mostly stopped drinking wine except that one day. It makes me limit any major binges to once a week and that seems to be helping me mentally in that I remind myself if I'm good, I can have whatever on the weekend.

Last edited by brewstate; 02-10-2013 at 03:38 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote