Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Alcohol....? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794636-alcohol.html)

AuroraLaura 01-16-2013 06:23 PM

Alcohol....?

Okay, I am sure that I know the answer to this already (and it is always no)!

Is any alcohol allowed on DD's? Or in UD's for that matter?

I just did what my teenaged son does when he gets caught making a bad decision.... I had 3 shots of vodka and say "I didn't see where it says NOT to!"

That is one of his favorite lines when breaking a new undiscussed rule!

I am right there on my calories..... Just the last 200 were vodka.....

:dunno:

angie1 01-16-2013 06:30 PM

With JUDDD, the only thing that matters is sticking to your calorie allotment.

So you can definitely have alcohol on Up days , and if you find a way to have it on DD - go for it!

Carly 01-16-2013 06:42 PM

I don't drink, but if you want your 300 calories to consist of vodka and chocolate that is allowed! You may not feel satisfied, but you will have kept to your plan. Nutritious- no, but allowed on JUDDD. You can have a candy bar and a shot of Brady if you please if it fits your calories. Isn't JUDDD amazing?

Librarygirl 01-16-2013 06:50 PM

I allot certain calories for alcohol, sometimes. I do happen to know that regular, excessive amounts can wreak havoc with your metabolism. I wouldn't suggest skipping 2 meals in favor of alcohol calories, but other than that, go for it! :D

AuroraLaura 01-16-2013 07:23 PM

OMG thank you for the info! Sometimes there are things that are hard to find online.! I tend to get a bit panicky when I think I cannot relax with a snifter of something! Not that i am a stark raving alcoholic, but I am a bit dependant upon it after a long day at work... And a cup of tea just doesn't do it! I would never give up a lot of food for vodka, but in this case I had 150 calories left and frankly I do not get too hungry in the evenings. I am a gorger in the morning and mid day. So, thank you... ( with a bleary drunken smile... Haha!) not really......

AuroraLaura 01-16-2013 07:27 PM

And I DO know that unfortunately any kind of fat burning (at least in the form of ketosis, as I keep to a low carb diet) is put on hold until the darned alcohol is burned off. But I am really not drinking much.... Trying to lose weight so bad!!

Librarygirl 01-16-2013 07:30 PM

I find that DD's are a bit harder after I have drank. I try to keep it to one or two days a week.

KeirasMom 01-17-2013 05:34 AM

There are several of us who have been quite successful with JUDDD, who also enjoy a good glass or three of our favorite adult beverages. :stars:

PixieKGirl 01-17-2013 06:19 AM

I love wine and do allow it. Not always on a DD but occasionally (always on an UD). If I drink wine, it stops all hunger for me.

Eieio 01-17-2013 08:37 AM

I was raised with a bunch of alcohol abusers.
It took my brother when he was 45 years young.
While alcohol was controlling him, it keep him homeless.
He died I a abandoned truck behind a fast food hamburger joint in Alabama seven years ago, alone. I still cry when thinking about it.
I myself limit beer, my choice of drinks while drinking with the devil.
Only when we are out eating out. Which is mainly on vacation. Then limit it to two beers with food. I will never let the devil take me with that application filled out.
Im sorry I talked out to much.
Im so proud of those that can drink and not go over.
It ain't me. I can live with that. Smile, love u guys.

Eieio 01-17-2013 08:40 AM

Woops one more thing.
In my head I keep the thought of my liver being well.
Alcohol has taken several family members. Another one of my favorites was my hubby's brother. Just a few years ago. He's name was also Terry.
I must take care of my liver, only I can do it....for me.
Good day

Librarygirl 01-17-2013 09:04 AM

Me too Pixie, but the next day I'm starving!!!

Kissa 01-17-2013 09:11 AM

Don't do as I do... but I had a DD last week that consisted of 1 coffee and 2 glasses of white wine. I lost 2lbs.

LoCarbGal 01-17-2013 09:33 AM

I do drink almost every UD (1 or 2 cocktails) but haven't on DDs yet. I do, however, love the thought that I absolutely can if I keep in within my calories! Talk about flexibility!

Cindy, I may try that one DD! Two pounds huh?

BaileysGirl 01-17-2013 09:37 AM

Cindy!!!! :eek: I want to be just like you when I grow up! LOL I don't drink coffee so insert another glass of wine! :hyst:

AuroraLaura 01-17-2013 10:40 AM

Great to hear all of this! Eieio, I'm sorry about your family members! I try to protect my liver... I take Milk Thistle every day and drink over a gallon of water every day, hopefully it helps!
Sadly, my scale says I am a pound up today. Grrrr... I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I'm incapable!

Carly 01-17-2013 11:13 AM

Cindy- maybe I'm doing it all wrong- I don't drink alcohol at all and gave up coffee on DDs... whine and coffee= whoosh:confused:

Nah- we will all be happier if I decline a drink ;)

sunday 01-17-2013 11:15 AM

Eieio, :console::sad:

I have a long term love affair with a glass of pinot grigio on UD too. I put myself on probation while I try out a few changes in my diet, but I am allowing it back in for March and I can hardly wait! :love:

brewstate 01-17-2013 11:33 AM

I have had lots of wine on UD's and a few glasses on DD's (where calories permitted) and as crazy as it is, I usually loose a pound or so when I drink :dunno: Let's make that the new JUDDD hack :D:D I can't wait to read the posts :sick::sick::sick:

KeirasMom 01-17-2013 11:35 AM

Now THAT'S a hack I can get behind!

Hopefulsweigh 01-17-2013 11:37 AM

I drink red wine regularly on UD's too.
I love a glass while making dinner and chatting with hubby.

sterlinggirl 01-17-2013 02:18 PM

:hugs: Eieio... :heart: :console:~

Kissa 01-17-2013 02:29 PM

That is sad Eieio.

Librarygirl 01-17-2013 02:52 PM

Sorry about your family members, Eieio. :( It can get the best of some people, like any other addiction.

I had some white wine last night in lieu of eating.:o I don't want to try that again, as today I felt like I could gladly eat road kill.:hyst:

Kissa 01-17-2013 02:56 PM

And you didn't? Some great meat out there....

JayLynn 01-17-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eieio (Post 16201610)
I was raised with a bunch of alcohol abusers.
It took my brother when he was 45 years young.
While alcohol was controlling him, it keep him homeless.
He died I a abandoned truck behind a fast food hamburger joint in Alabama seven years ago, alone. I still cry when thinking about it.
I myself limit beer, my choice of drinks while drinking with the devil.
Only when we are out eating out. Which is mainly on vacation. Then limit it to two beers with food. I will never let the devil take me with that application filled out.
Im sorry I talked out to much.
Im so proud of those that can drink and not go over.
It ain't me. I can live with that. Smile, love u guys.

Very sad, Ei :(

Librarygirl 01-17-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16202610)
And you didn't? Some great meat out there....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

jem51 01-18-2013 08:47 AM

Sad losing loved ones to anything but addiction is a tough one since it is treatable w success.....although, as we know, not always.

I divorced my alcoholic husband and even that felt like a huge loss....but that is not me and I will not identify w his addiction.

I had a drink both UD/DD probably 75% of the time and had an interesting discovery; a glass of wine stimulates hunger more than a drink w basic spirits.
Sugar free, of course.

I have also been a red wine drinker since forever and now prefer white.

Oh, and last but not least; I had an ultrasound a couple wks ago and the ultrasonograper said I had a very boring liver and was taking too good care of it.....laughing, of course.

sunday 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jem51 (Post 16204084)
I had a drink both UD/DD probably 75% of the time and had an interesting discovery; a glass of wine stimulates hunger more than a drink w basic spirits.
Sugar free, of course.

I have also been a red wine drinker since forever and now prefer white.

Oh, and last but not least; I had an ultrasound a couple wks ago and the ultrasonograper said I had a very boring liver and was taking too good care of it.....laughing, of course.

Funny about the sonographer! :D :lol:

Thank you Jem! I have suspected this and brought it up a few times. For me, it very apparent the following DD. Bothersome to say the least! Talk about a bummer. I also transitioned to white from red. I was in love with Noir & now Grigio.

I am not fond of spirits but, I do enjoy Sangria w/ tequila blanco now and then. Don't think I should sub that for the wine though. Maybe when I get to goal.

AuroraLaura 01-18-2013 03:22 PM

Well, now I don't feel like such an alkie!!