Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraLaura View Post
Well, now I don't feel like such an alkie!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraLaura View Post
Well, now I don't feel like such an alkie!!

No, we're all just connoisseurs here.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I opened a bottle of merlot last night and the cork broke. So, of course, that meant I had to have the WHOLE bottle!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I opened a bottle of merlot last night and the cork broke. So, of course, that meant I had to have the WHOLE bottle!
Oh, I LOVE.....er....I mean hate it when that happens. Darn. You have my condolences, Dawn. The sacrifice never ends......
Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Mine came out perfectly, but the bottle was still empty after I had my last glass. They had a shopping cart full of wine reduced to 5.00 a bottle and I tried a merlot/cab blend last night. Delicious for the money.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Im so proud of those that can drink and not go over.
EVERYONE who drinks alcohol lies about how much they drink, especially to themselves. It's poison, a drug. And a TRAP. An addiction - whether you ahve one glass a week or 100. You are very wise to avoid it. Good for you.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
EVERYONE who drinks alcohol lies about how much they drink, especially to themselves. It's poison, a drug. And a TRAP. An addiction - whether you ahve one glass a week or 100. You are very wise to avoid it. Good for you.
Wow, that's a gross generalization.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, that's a gross generalization.
Alcohol is drug. It's just a legal drug, which makes it so insidious. I've never met a drinker who didn't lie about their intake at some point in their lives. It's not their fault because it's a drug and they are dependant on it. Anyway I'm just supporting Eieio in their efforts to break free from it.

Last edited by Skinjob; 01-19-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #39

I'm not sure we're reading the same thread. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but to say everyone who drinks is dependent on alcohol or lies about their consumption is just very odd to me. What a bleak view of humanity.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

It's not bleak, it's enlightened. Alcohol is a drug that destroys your liver, your immune system and your self worth. If I told you I took heroin once a week "because it relaxed me" - what would be the difference? Oh... right - heroin is a drug.

SO IS ALCOHOL.

Anyway I just wanted to support Eieio because she has lost a lot of family members to this powerful and extremely addictive poison. Didn't mean to derail your thread.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree. Dawn and I support Eieio as well. She even said that she may have a beer when going out.

I have friends/family members who will never drink and I respect that decision because they don't react well and possibly could abuse. However, I would not tell anyone who has a drink w/ dinner or with friends that it is wrong.

Last edited by sunday; 01-19-2013 at 12:04 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I see where you've recently cut out alcohol. I did the same almost a year ago. Since then, I've been able to drink moderately, although I do occasionally have over 2 glasses, as in 4 (small bottle). I do that rarely though. I know that when I quit, I had somewhat the same mentality, and it's a bit like quitting smoking. You feel the need to tell everyone how terrible it is, etc. The truth is, alcohol has been around since the beginning of man and although it is a drug, it is also something that most people can enjoy in moderation and in good health.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Alcohol is drug. It's just a legal drug, which makes it so insidious. I've never met a drinker who didn't lie about their intake at some point in their lives. It's not their fault because it's a drug and they are dependant on it. Anyway I'm just supporting Eieio in their efforts to break free from it.
Quote:
It's not bleak, it's enlightened. Alcohol is a drug that destroys your liver, your immune system and your self worth. If I told you I took heroin once a week "because it relaxed me" - what would be the difference? Oh... right - heroin is a drug.

SO IS ALCOHOL.

Anyway I just wanted to support Eieio because she has lost a lot of family members to this powerful and extremely addictive poison. Didn't mean to derail your thread.
We all want to support Ei. Ei, I hope you do know that, and I have the feeling you feel it, or you wouldn't be here with us.

Skinjob, I don't know why you feel it's necessary to come into a forum that you don't normally participate in and throw around generalizations and criticisms of us. Yes, some people do have addictions to alcohol. And many do not. There are many damaging effects of overuse of alcohol. And there are health benefits. You can say the same thing about food.

We do joke about our love for our wine and cocktails, but I can tell you I've NEVER lied about how much I drink. EVER. And for you to say that I'm lying about that, is frankly, really offensive to me.

You are more than welcome to join us in this forum, of course, but we work hard here to support each other, and not criticize. Hopefully you can join us in that, and leave the unsupported claims at the door.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Skinjob, I don't know why you feel it's necessary to come into a forum that you don't normally participate in...

I've been a member of this forum since 2005. And I've been JUDDDING for over a year. In fact, I have been a member since 2001 (when I did Atkins for the first time), but I lost my post count and username and had to start a new one 8 years ago. I remember Dottie, and *gasp* (dare I say her name) Kimmer from that time. So yeah, I've been here a long, long time. I just have a busy life and can't post all the time.