Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Candy!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794594-candy.html)

Librarygirl 01-16-2013 07:36 AM

Candy!!

Happened to see JB's talking about Easter candy last night, and thought it would be fun to have a candy thread again (was told there was one last year). What's your favorite candy, and do you have any candy that you eat on DD's?

I am really craving Robin's Eggs and chocolate Peeps right now. :yummy:

mom23kids 01-16-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16198974)
Happened to see JB's talking about Easter candy last night, and thought it would be fun to have a candy thread again (was told there was one last year). What's your favorite candy, and do you have any candy that you eat on DD's?

I am really craving Robin's Eggs and chocolate Peeps right now. :yummy:

Those malted robin eggs are my all time favorite candy :yummy: Besides those I'm actually not a big candy fan though. If I crave it I'll grab some m&ms, but I can take or leave it. My mil actually gave me a bag on my last DD and I put them aside to eat on yesterday's UD and I ended up giving them to my kids :dunno: I did eat two brownies though :hyst:

sterlinggirl 01-16-2013 07:54 AM

Well i dont indulge in this craving.. but when i do.. I eat usally 2 or 3 full size Almond joy!.. It is the one candy i cant get enough of... ooh.. and turtles~ yummmy..

LoCarbGal 01-16-2013 07:58 AM

Cadbury creme eggs
Lindor/Lindt milk chocolate truffles
Butterfinger
Fudge of any kind
Caramello
Russell Stovers milk chocolate covered marshmallows

I can feel the insulin pouring in just thinking about this...I'd better stop here!

zipp2play 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

I try to NEVER EVER have them in the house, PB M&M's. I swear to the FOOD GODS, it is my crack. Big, small or HUGE bag, if opened in my presence, I have to eat them till I am sick and they are gone!

TryingJudd 01-16-2013 08:07 AM

Zipp2play love your new avatar. what a great shot!

purepink 01-16-2013 08:08 AM

I love Reese's, KitKats, Take5, Snickers, Milky Way, Sour Patch Kids.. goodness, the list goes on :) Dangerous thinking about this stuff on a DD!

angie1 01-16-2013 08:12 AM

oh my I love chocolate -- I also feel my insulin surging by just talking and thinking about chocolate.
My absolute favourites:
- Reeses peanut butter cups
- Ferrero rocher chocolates (LOVE THESE)
- Peanut m&ms
- Lindt white/milk chocolate balls
- Bacci chocolate

pretty much anything covered in chocolate!!!
I will stop now.....

Luv2Eat 01-16-2013 08:16 AM

Butterfingers - oh, when I bite into the soft crispness, it yeilds to my teeth in a very pleasing manner, then comes the flow of the sweet butter over my tongue. My eyes roll back into my head and . . .. I'll stop there, it's getting too hot, lol!!

Yes, it feels like an addiction, since sugar wreads havoc on my body - I feel like an addict as you can see from above description, when I eat it; not to downplay a true drug addiction - I have been blessed to not have to fight that demon.

I just don't buy Butterfingers, except at Halloween, then I allow myself to indulge for a week or so.

Debrat3 01-16-2013 08:27 AM

LOL this thread cracks me up how were all so passionate about our chocolate.
I have never met a candy bar I DONT like. lol :lol:

KeirasMom 01-16-2013 08:30 AM

Reese's peanut butter cups. I'm not a sweets eater generally, but I really love those PB cups. So much so that our last Rottie pup was named . . . Reeses! After all, he was chocolate/peanut butter colored and we got him the week of Halloween, when all the candy was at the front of my mind. :hyst:

Librarygirl 01-16-2013 08:36 AM

I have sweets every UD, and most DD's. I don't overindulge, but I do indulge!!:yummy: Cadbury is on grocery list!:p

zipp2play 01-16-2013 08:38 AM

Dawn, for Reeses these are the BOMB

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps26fe4c7f.png

KeirasMom 01-16-2013 08:43 AM

You may have to be punished for that Monica! :hyst: We have a little store across the street from my office. I'm eyeing it with greater interest than normal this morning.

Librarygirl 01-16-2013 09:04 AM

http://bestfriendsforfrosting.com/wp...candy-bark.jpg

Librarygirl 01-16-2013 09:07 AM

http://www.candyindustry.com/ext/res...lla-Single.jpg

hot-in-texas 01-16-2013 09:10 AM

this thread is awesome!!!
I love candy and sweets.
Gummy bears
DOTS-my favorite
Almond Joy
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups-but not th reeces pieces oddly enough
Hot Tamales
and LAFFY TAFFY!!!!!!
EDIT-And HEATH!

hot-in-texas 01-16-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16199115)
Butterfingers - oh, when I bite into the soft crispness, it yeilds to my teeth in a very pleasing manner, then comes the flow of the sweet butter over my tongue. My eyes roll back into my head and . . .. I'll stop there, it's getting too hot, lol!!

Yes, it feels like an addiction, since sugar wreads havoc on my body - I feel like an addict as you can see from above description, when I eat it; not to downplay a true drug addiction - I have been blessed to not have to fight that demon.

I just don't buy Butterfingers, except at Halloween, then I allow myself to indulge for a week or so.

LOL Love that Butterfinger description!!

JayLynn 01-16-2013 09:23 AM

Back before I got serious about my health I could eat more candy bars than I care to admit. I love chocolate and there weren't many I didn't indulge in.

Now I have some good dark chocolate, different flavors like toffee, mint, with nuts etc. Sometimes I use it to make my own "candy", like coconut bark.

A plain ol' candy bar like Hershey's, KitKat, Butterfinger.....doesn't do much for me anymore. They taste kind of stale. I see them in the store and wonder how long they've been sitting there for! LOL

KeirasMom 01-16-2013 09:26 AM

I just had a Tootsie Roll to stave off the chocolate monster! :D

gotitnow 01-16-2013 09:46 AM

Have mercy on me...it's a DD!!!:hyst:
My current favs are Peanut M&Ms and Butterfinger...I buy the fun size so I can always indulge a little!:yummy:

Phyl:heart:

hot-in-texas 01-16-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 16199347)
Have mercy on me...it's a DD!!!:hyst:

Phyl:heart:

Sawwwwy lol

DesertGurl 01-16-2013 10:24 AM

Wowzers!! Reading through this thread makes me really really happy today's an UD! :laugh:

:yummy: Chocolate!

Reese's are my absolute favorite in the whole wide world! :love:

....now I'm off to the store with Reese's ON my list! :D

PixieKGirl 01-16-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16199191)
Dawn, for Reeses these are the BOMB

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps26fe4c7f.png

I could eat my weight in Reese's! (Did I mention that I sell Hershey's and Mars?) Our office is filled with candy!

zipp2play 01-16-2013 10:53 AM

Pixie, how do you manage???? I would be in a sugar coma the first day!!!!!

Luna Loca 01-16-2013 10:57 AM

I love peanut butter cups (odd, since I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter), but I adore pretzel M&Ms or pretzels dipped in chocolate. Yummy.

Oh, and chocolate covered raisins.

PixieKGirl 01-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16199510)
Pixie, how do you manage???? I would be in a sugar coma the first day!!!!!

I rarely crave sweets. I'm more a salty snacker - chips, crackers, popcorn etc.

Truffles 01-16-2013 11:10 AM

Chocolate covered pretzels are delicious!! Has to be Rold Gold or Snyders, the rest are just imposters!
I have a chocolate fetish, my BF is very understanding. I have a chocolate DRAWER, I love buying seasonal, and ALL chocolate. Love trying all the new ones. Love dark chocolate with sea salt and toffee bits! I also adore spice Hershey kisses.
I like seasonal Reese's PB cups, like eggs or hearts, for some reason the cups with the "ridges" just don't taste as good to me. I have had good luck keeping them in a drawer, out of site, out of mind.
Ovation makes chocolate sticks that average 15 cal/stick. I keep the cappuccino ones around for DD's. I also get the Godiva pearls. Either dark or mint chocolate, if u haven't seen them around, you must seek them out. Perfect for a touch of sweetness after a meal. 8 pieces for 25 cal. If you can stop at 8.

Crazy PreK Teacher 01-16-2013 11:29 AM

My problem is that I love it all:yummy:

Chocolaty, fruity, nougetty, nutty!!!!

Dots, Good & Plenty, PayDay, caramel, & choc. covered raisins...etc....more!

Since I do LC mainly...S/F cherry lifesavers, S/F Brach's butterscotch disks, and Simply Lite LC chocolate bars from Trader Joe's really help my candy fix!!!! I use these on UD's & DD's.

svenskamae 01-16-2013 11:29 AM

OMG, this thread is giving me cravings ... I have been working pretty hard to not eat any kind of sweetener for several months, and I'm going to try to maintain that through the Easter candy season. But if I give in to anything, it will be one of those malted speckled eggs, which I've loved ever since I was a kid. :yummy: I wonder if I could eat just one, on an up day ... I don't know if I dare put that to the test. But those of you who incorporate sweets on your WOE, have an awesome Easter season!