Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PoetJess
Stats: 275/223/150
Start Date: 4-4-2012
Going from LC to JUDDD,

Hi all...

I don't post too often. I've been lurking on the site for 9 months, and on this board specifically since yesterday. I have lost 50 lbs since 4/4/12, doing Atkins. I have been stuck since October, all while following the diet. I've added exercise with varying results, and took some time off in December for the holidays. (Didn't gain, but didn't lose either.)

I like the idea of JUDDD, and have some questions I can't find the answers to.

(And yes, I've been to the official website and did my calorie counts and stuff.)

1.) is it better to start on an UD or DD?
2.) Going from LC to JUDDD, I'm scared to death of gaining all the weight back. What is the time frame between carb water and JUDDD pounds lost?
3.) Does it have to be a calendar day, or say, the UD/DD switches at 8 p.m.?

I tried doing a DD today, and did very well with my calorie count...even went to a Pampered Chef show and had nothing. And then, 8 pm hit and I was ravenous. I justified to myself that my UD started at 8:30 tonight and will go to 8:30 tomorrow night....and for 45 minutes, ate everything. No carb left behind, KWIM?

I am now totally stuffed and scared to death to have an UD tomorrow.

Can anyone answer my questions and hold my hand as I start this program? I told myself I'd try it for a week.

Help!

http://www.mamasnarky.com
PoetJess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12

ok, not sure about the water weight thing, but I know alot of people have started eating carbs on Juddd and it's been fine Also, start on an UD so you have a nice full belly. The first couple of weeks are tough so be ready.. you will feel tired and cold, but it's all part of the process. Before you know it you'll have plenty of energy on no food!
Calendar days are better, that way you have the 36hour fast
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I agree with Sicchi on keeping it to a 36 hour DD. Meaning starting when you go to bed on your UD (or stop eating that evening), through your DD, and then through the night of the DD until you start eating on your next UD. That's evidently important to the whole SIRT1 production deal.

When you add carbs back in, you may gain a few pounds right away, but just know it's water weight and don't freak about it. That'll go away after a few more days, and then you'll be on the way down all the way, if you stick to your correct calories and time frames.

I had a similar experience to yours. I lost 54.5 pounds on Atkins early last year, then the losses slowed and were nearly at a standstill. I was still losing but so sloooooowwwww it was excruciating. I mean, I can deprive myself when there's some payback, but I can't continue if nothing's happening. That's when I started JUDDD and it's been a godsend for me. I hope you find the same thing for yourself!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
basically everything LCG said above!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #5
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'd start on an UD to get you revved up for your first DD And it goes by days, So all of Wednesday is an UD, all of Thursday is a DD etc. When first starting out I think all of us had the thought of waking up at midnight on the day after a DD to eat But, you actually find yourself coming off of DDs not even hungry, after you've done it for a while. Most of my UDs I don't even eat till close to lunch time anymore
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetJess View Post
Hi all...

I don't post too often. I've been lurking on the site for 9 months, and on this board specifically since yesterday. I have lost 50 lbs since 4/4/12, doing Atkins. I have been stuck since October, all while following the diet. I've added exercise with varying results, and took some time off in December for the holidays. (Didn't gain, but didn't lose either.)

I like the idea of JUDDD, and have some questions I can't find the answers to.

(And yes, I've been to the official website and did my calorie counts and stuff.)

1.) is it better to start on an UD or DD?

Start on an UD so you're well-fueld for your DD.
2.) Going from LC to JUDDD, I'm scared to death of gaining all the weight back. What is the time frame between carb water and JUDDD pounds lost?

You don't have to add carbs unless you want to. There are plenty who do JUDDD within the LC framework. It's all up to you. I took a weekend off between Atkins and JUDDD, ate whatever I wanted (including pizza and cupcakes) and gained 3 pounds over the weekend. I lost more than that my first week with JUDDD. YMMV.
3.) Does it have to be a calendar day, or say, the UD/DD switches at 8 p.m.?

Others have tried the 24 hour UD/DD thing. Pirate Jenny started it and called it MUDDD. The results were not nearly so good as doing the calendar day, where you get a 36 hour fast instead of a 24 hour one.

I tried doing a DD today, and did very well with my calorie count...even went to a Pampered Chef show and had nothing. And then, 8 pm hit and I was ravenous. I justified to myself that my UD started at 8:30 tonight and will go to 8:30 tomorrow night....and for 45 minutes, ate everything. No carb left behind, KWIM?

I am now totally stuffed and scared to death to have an UD tomorrow.

Have your UD, then go back to a DD the following day and try for 36 hours. If you find you're generally hungry or snacky at night, save some calories for that time period.

Can anyone answer my questions and hold my hand as I start this program? I told myself I'd try it for a week.

Help!
I really recommend giving this more than a week. It can take several weeks for the Sirtuins to build up in your system, allowing for easy DDs and the other health benefits. I'd say a minimum of one month is preferable.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yupp i agree~ Best of luck to you.. and relax and enjoy the journey~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote