Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Need assistance with scheduling DD/UDs. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794452-need-assistance-scheduling-dd-uds.html)

wildflower 01-14-2013 02:07 PM

Need assistance with scheduling DD/UDs.

I need to make Wednesday and Saturday UDs. Wednesday is my DD and my birthday - yep, 34 years ago on my birthday, I was in labor and gave birth to a 9lb 13 oz baby.

Anyway, she's taking me to lunch at a really nice organic place - I guess I'll pay for hers and she'll pay for mine! Saturday my son is having a late holiday dinner for the family.

So, today was supposed to be a DD - turned into an UD as I've already gone over 900 calories.:sad:

Starting tomorrow, how should I handle this? And if the plan includes a MD, can that be defined as to how many calories.

Thanks

Carly 01-14-2013 02:17 PM

You may need to use a MD and if you need to, a MD equals 60% Maintenance Calories on Dr. J's calculator. I hate MDs personally and would probably opt for a double UD- or double DD if you feel up to it.

I know other will chime in who can help you with a plan.

Librarygirl 01-14-2013 03:52 PM

I would go ahead and eat a little more than 900 calories today so that you can do a successful DD tomorrow. Then on Friday have a MD, and Sat. UD. :) Happy Birthday in advance!!! How nice to have a Mother/Daughter birthday!

KeirasMom 01-14-2013 03:59 PM

Agree: UD today, DD Tuesday, UD Wednesday, DD Thursday, MD Friday (at 60% on the calculator), and UD Saturday.

What other WOE is this flexible? :heart:

wildflower 01-14-2013 04:43 PM

Thanks all - that's kinda what I was thinking too!

On the mother/daughter birthday, it is nice -- except that from her birth, I never had a birthday!! :) Don't regret a thing but I feel bad that she doesn't have her own birthday too!

Low Carb Librarian 01-14-2013 05:09 PM

I know everyone will have great info for you on the UD/DD stuff...
I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and how cool that you share you Birthday with your DD!

:)

LoCarbGal 01-15-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16195304)
You may need to use a MD and if you need to, a MD equals 60% Maintenance Calories on Dr. J's calculator. I hate MDs personally and would probably opt for a double UD- or double DD if you feel up to it.

I know other will chime in who can help you with a plan.

I'm with Carly here. I did a few MDs to switch up rotations and learned that I HATE MDs! I don't know why, and you may have a completely different experience. From now on, if I need to switch up, I've decided to just do 2 UDs in a row. In control UDs that is (she reminds herself).

Eieio 01-15-2013 10:56 AM

Wildflower happy story.
You've been in this game for awhile.
Two UD days in a roll if it were me. And knowing two ud's in a roll, hopefully I woudNT make either day a UUD, up up an away day. O magic gene please be with me, I'd be chanting. Teasing!
U can do it. Either way lets us no how it goes.

Yennie 02-10-2013 09:23 PM

Reviving an older thread because I had the same question. Wed the 20th is supposed to be a DD, and we are going to a meeting at the best seafood restaurant in Seattle, on the company's dime. It's a semi-catered affair, so its not like I can order one of everything, but I'd really like to just enjoy the meal and dessert without freaking out that I'm blowing my DD.
Seems like the general consensus is to make Tues & Wed both UDs - in control- and just accept any bounce that may come of it.
Any additional feedback would be most appreciated.

KeirasMom 02-11-2013 08:16 AM

Two UDs is fine, or you could make Tuesday a MD (60% on Dr. J's calculator) and have Wednesday be an UD.

Kissa 02-12-2013 03:36 AM

Oooh I wish I was coming with you!