Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Getting back off carbs

I love JUDDD and after a lifetime of dieting, I find so many benefits following the plan, and I think it is a WOE that can work for almost anyone, especially if you've tried everything and are stalling. When the Sirts kick in, I feel great!

I started out after Thanksgiving and everything was fine until around xmas when I gave myself permission to slack off on rotations. I felt good and still lost a little weight mostly, I think, because I was not OVEReating and I was keeping the carbs at bay. If I had a treat, it was just a few bites and I was fine with that.

After New Years I got back on rotations and without really realizing what I was doing, the carbs began creeping back in until for me, they were pretty much out of control. My DD's could have been better too. Too many of them were at or above my calorie allowance.

Yesterday we went to a nice brunch buffet and I ate WAYYY to many carbs; the french toast, crepes, blitzes, pastries were to die for. I used the excuse that I was only having a few bites of each...but DUH! those carbs and calories add up fast...and almost no nutritional value.

So now being in major stall mode I have come to terms with the fact that I have to remove nearly all the carbs from both dd's and ud's and give my rotations the boost they need.

After an indulgent UD yesterday, I'm striving for strict rotations again. I am grateful I have learned that even on JUDDD, carbs are not my friend. At least, not yet!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm with you Jan! I'm still working on getting the carbs out of my UDs. If you can believe, still working on eating/drinking up the Christmas sweets - they sure last a lot longer when I can only have them EOD! There's still a little Bailey's Irish Cream (yuuuummmmm) and some cinnamon popcorn I need to drink/eat up. Then I'm determined to keep my carbs to veggies, even some starchy veggies like yams/squash and I'm going to allow some potatoes. But not the wheat/sugar combo that has been in my diet of late.

I know I'll feel better getting them out of my diet. I know I won't feel as hungry w/o them.

Like you, I would like to think that sometime in the future I can add sweets/desserts back w/o as much repercussions. Let's hope. In the meantime, we can go forward together, trying to control those carbs as much as possible.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm with you Jan! I'm still working on getting the carbs out of my UDs. If you can believe, still working on eating/drinking up the Christmas sweets - they sure last a lot longer when I can only have them EOD! There's still a little Bailey's Irish Cream (yuuuummmmm) and some cinnamon popcorn I need to drink/eat up. Then I'm determined to keep my carbs to veggies, even some starchy veggies like yams/squash and I'm going to allow some potatoes. But not the wheat/sugar combo that has been in my diet of late.

I know I'll feel better getting them out of my diet. I know I won't feel as hungry w/o them.

Like you, I would like to think that sometime in the future I can add sweets/desserts back w/o as much repercussions. Let's hope. In the meantime, we can go forward together, trying to control those carbs as much as possible.
Great LCG! We can support each other in our fight with the carb monster!

I see in your sig you try and keep your DDs high fat. Can I ask how you do this? I need to get more good fats into my diet while I'm keeping carbs to the bare minimum. And I know fats will help me do this.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #4

I'm trying different things so I don't get bored. I tend to have one day with all eggs. I alternate between hard boiled w/a little salt, pepper and lots of mustard, and then I might have scrambled w/a tiny bit of cheddar cheese melted. I tend to save most of my calories until dinner, but usually do have a coffee w/HWC.

Then sometimes I'll do a bacon day, or a ham day. Maybe a little cheese.

Yesterday was different than usual, and not quite as high fat. I had shirred eggs for breakfast w/ black coffee. No lunch. Then dinner was a medium bowl of taco soup. All for about 450 calories.

Yes, let's cheer each other on!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I really hear you about the high carbs and sweets....I had just started having some success when the holidays came...I said to myself..now..you can't go crazy on the sweets...and naturally I did...and after I started to lose that good Juddd feeling I panicked...said I must get back on the rotations and the best way is to do the potato dd...still it took me a few times to get thru one..so now, I am determined not to fall that far down again...we can do this!..I know we can....good luck to you two also...keep posting and I'll keep reading..
jaymar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

Glad to have another JB to support and join these efforts, Jaymar! We CAN do this and we WILL.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I think what happened is, after sticking to LC, when I started JUDDD I figured a FEW treats here and there wouldn't hurt. But as the story goes, one leads to two then three.....yikes.

I eat a lot of eggs too, LCG. I really like them and there are so many things you can do with them. I put a teaspoon of coconut oil in my tea or coffee. I don't really count it in my calories, I forget why now. LOL I read something somewhere.....

LCG and Jaymar...yes we can do this! Lets encourage and support each other. Any anyone else who is sticking to LC JUDDD.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
I lost my first 40 a year ago mostly lc and now, with eating some, I am losing the same 2 lbs - in almost 4 weeks of JUDDD. Assuming SIRT hasn't picked in -- I'm getting verrry impatient!

So, I'm with you. I'd really like to know why you don't count CO as that is a substantion amount of calories. I know the fat metablises differently than other fat, but don't know about calories. I miss my CO on DD...

edit: do you do reg carb or net carbs?

Last edited by wildflower; 01-14-2013 at 02:25 PM..
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I'm reading with interest, since I am doing a low carb, moderate protein version of JUDDD.

I count all my calories, including those from coconut oil and coconut butter. I count net carbs from veggies, but count all the carbs on those rare occasions when I eat something like an Atkins bar with sugar alcohols.

I've been doing DDs with half and half in coffee plus some lean protein, but I should try out some fat fast DDs as an alternative. On up days, 80-85 percent of my calories come from fat--HWC in moring coffee, salad with lots of full-fat dressing and avocado, sometimes a lunch consisting of 1/2 cup of macademia nuts.

Yesterday, I had to work all day and most of the night and return to work after just a couple of hours of sleep. I was craaaaving sweets when I got home and ate 2 Atkins snack bars, which I very, very rarely eat. My tummy is feeling not quite right from those sugar alcohols ; I'm planning on doing some lovely, healthy no-Frankenfood days on lowcarb JUDDD the rest of the week. And I'm too old to do all-nighters--so I'll try not to repeat THAT!
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
I lost my first 40 a year ago mostly lc and now, with eating some, I am losing the same 2 lbs - in almost 4 weeks of JUDDD. Assuming SIRT hasn't picked in -- I'm getting verrry impatient!

So, I'm with you. I'd really like to know why you don't count CO as that is a substantion amount of calories. I know the fat metablises differently than other fat, but don't know about calories. I miss my CO on DD...

edit: do you do reg carb or net carbs?
When I started JUDDDing, the Sirts kicked in at about two weeks. I was strict with my rotations and wasnt counting the coconut oil calories because I read something about maybe not having to. Counting them or not, my losses were about the same. I do know that if I don't have the CO, I tend to want to eat more and also it helps "keep things moving" in the bathroom sense. I'm going to keep having a teaspoon in my tea, once or twice a day, and if I stall I'll consider giving it up. But it was okay before so it should be alright. If I have to, I'll count the calories and only have one tsp per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I'm reading with interest, since I am doing a low carb, moderate protein version of JUDDD.

I count all my calories, including those from coconut oil and coconut butter. I count net carbs from veggies, but count all the carbs on those rare occasions when I eat something like an Atkins bar with sugar alcohols.

I've been doing DDs with half and half in coffee plus some lean protein, but I should try out some fat fast DDs as an alternative. On up days, 80-85 percent of my calories come from fat--HWC in moring coffee, salad with lots of full-fat dressing and avocado, sometimes a lunch consisting of 1/2 cup of macademia nuts.

Yesterday, I had to work all day and most of the night and return to work after just a couple of hours of sleep. I was craaaaving sweets when I got home and ate 2 Atkins snack bars, which I very, very rarely eat. My tummy is feeling not quite right from those sugar alcohols ; I'm planning on doing some lovely, healthy no-Frankenfood days on lowcarb JUDDD the rest of the week. And I'm too old to do all-nighters--so I'll try not to repeat THAT!
Hi Svens high fat seems to keep me on track with my rotations. I rarely eat the packaged snack bars. I used to be addicted to the Odwalla chocolate chip bars but gave those up when I got serious about LCing.

Welcome to this thread..its great to know there are others JUDDDing and LCing at the same time. For now I know its the only thing that will work for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
When I started JUDDDing, the Sirts kicked in at about two weeks. I was strict with my rotations and wasnt counting the coconut oil calories because I read something about maybe not having to. Counting them or not, my losses were about the same. I do know that if I don't have the CO, I tend to want to eat more and also it helps "keep things moving" in the bathroom sense. I'm going to keep having a teaspoon in my tea, once or twice a day, and if I stall I'll consider giving it up. But it was okay before so it should be alright. If I have to, I'll count the calories and only have one tsp per day.

Hmmm -- so because I enjoy the CO so much, I think on DDs I will stop the HWC in my coffee and add a t. CO instead; then on UD, add both cause I like it!!! I usually add a T!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hmmm -- so because I enjoy the CO so much, I think on DDs I will stop the HWC in my coffee and add a t. CO instead; then on UD, add both cause I like it!!! I usually add a T!
Arlene...thats exactly what I do! CO on DD's.....CO and HWC on UD's. I don't drink a lot of coffee or tea, so its not a huge amount of calories on DD's.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I have been wanting to add CO to my DDs but haven't been sure of how to add it.....also...I have never heard of coconut butter...is it hard to find?..to be honest it doesn't sound very good in coffee..I'm afraid to try that..but..I can just swallow a T if I need to...today is an UD, and I am having a small steak for the first time in weeks...since I don't get much protein on DD, I think it will be ok..
jaymar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I have been wanting to add CO to my DDs but haven't been sure of how to add it.....also...I have never heard of coconut butter...is it hard to find?..to be honest it doesn't sound very good in coffee..I'm afraid to try that..but..I can just swallow a T if I need to...today is an UD, and I am having a small steak for the first time in weeks...since I don't get much protein on DD, I think it will be ok..
I scramble eggs in a little CO and butter. On UD's of course. I bought coconut butter at a market here its around $10. I haven't used it yet but I will make some fat bombs maybe today or tomorrow. Thats what I bought it for. I've read that the CO in the fat bombs makes them a bit too greasy.

The steak will be great on a UD. I love to saute mushrooms in butter and have them with steak or other meat.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #15

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I got coconut manna at Whole Foods and it is great. I love it on a piece of toast. I guess that wouldn't help with the carbs issue though.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Yum, love coconut manna! Netrition carries it. Coconut Manna does have 3 carbs/Tbsp, but 2 are fiber.

Good to know about the fat bombs with coconut butter - will have to try that - my bombs made with coconut oil are way too greasy.

Yep, gonna join you guys in the lower carb journey. I've been adding carbs to my diet to lower the calories, but health is suffering for it.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I eat Artisana Brand Coconut Butter from a tablespoon and love it. (Occasionally, the coconut oil rises to the top, and I try to stir that back in, or scoop out the top part and eat what's below). It takes a little like white chocolate to me, naturally sweet and not as oily as plain coconut oil, and it's as close to eating dessert as I usually do. Very filling and satisfying--I stick a little screwtop container with some coconut butter (and a spoon) plus some almonds in my bag as "emergency food" when I go out for a day or errands or travel.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Yum, love coconut manna! Netrition carries it. Coconut Manna does have 3 carbs/Tbsp, but 2 are fiber.

Good to know about the fat bombs with coconut butter - will have to try that - my bombs made with coconut oil are way too greasy.

Yep, gonna join you guys in the lower carb journey. I've been adding carbs to my diet to lower the calories, but health is suffering for it.
to this little group! We all need all the encouragement we can get!!!

I've made fat bombs with CO too, but I like them. Guess I like greasy things!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I eat Artisana Brand Coconut Butter from a tablespoon and love it. (Occasionally, the coconut oil rises to the top, and I try to stir that back in, or scoop out the top part and eat what's below). It takes a little like white chocolate to me, naturally sweet and not as oily as plain coconut oil, and it's as close to eating dessert as I usually do. Very filling and satisfying--I stick a little screwtop container with some coconut butter (and a spoon) plus some almonds in my bag as "emergency food" when I go out for a day or errands or travel.
Yeah thats the brand I bought the other day. Artisana. Haven't opened it yet but I think I'll go make some fat bombs. I want the coconut butter combined with chocolate flavor. I also have some dark chocolate chips so i'll use a little of those and add a little sweetener and some nuts.

I don't know why but just eating it from the spoon doesn't appeal to me much. I want to make "candy" out of it. LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
It is also yummy mixed with cocoa!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
I will also join the low-er carb version of JUDDD! The holidays extended a little too far and the sugar monster came back reallly fast! --> need to get those cravings under control we can do this!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
It is also yummy mixed with cocoa!
Now you're talkin'!!!

I think there is (dark) chocolate running through my veins!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

On my UD today I am sticking to LC. It hasn't been especially easy but I really want to meet my goal of getting out of the 250's by the end of the month. And I really do just feel better when I'm NOT having a piece of bread here and some chips or cookies there.

Today I have had:

B - 2 scrambled eggs in CO, 3 slices low sodium bacon, and 2 coconut waffles with SF syrup.

L - egg salad on a piece of home made flax bread, 10 almonds
diet rite cola with lemon

D - will be a cheeseburger minus the bun of course, green salad, green beans

I might have a little popcorn tonight but even as I type it I know not a good idea...after being so LC all day. instead maybe a square of dark chocolate and some Breyer's LC ice cream.

I'll probably add some nuts here and there because I need a few more calories.

Last edited by JayLynn; 01-16-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Went to my birthday lunch today and had a pita with portabella mushroom, smothered in swiss cheese. It looked so good!!! But the pita made me so sleepy. I had forgotten how carbs get to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds like a really delicious menu for an up day, Jan! I would definitely be happy eating those lowcarb meals on an up day. You are off to a great start.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Doing great Jan! I am hoping for great results for you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Awww thanks guys! Your kind words mean a lot to me

So I have finished off the day as planned except no green beans, had a half cup of full fat cottage cheese instead, with 2 yummy tomato slices. Had cheese and onion with the burger and it hit the spot.

If I have to have something later, it will be some sf jello with whip cream.

Thanks for your support! It helps me keep on keepin' on!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Went to my birthday lunch today and had a pita with portabella mushroom, smothered in swiss cheese. It looked so good!!! But the pita made me so sleepy. I had forgotten how carbs get to me.
Yeah me too, Arlene. I just feel heavy when I eat very many carbs anymore.
but other than the sleepy thing, the sandwich sounds good!

And.... Hope you have had a great one!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wildflower!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Pretty happy with my progress today. Only slipped up when I ate the tangerine, forgot it has so many carbs, so my count came a bit higher than I planned, managed to keep it under 25, it's a good start.

Today I relearned that LC is calorie dense but very satisifying, I do like this aspect of this WOE.

I tried to make an almond milk pudding with that Resistant Corn Starch 260 that I bought from Netrition recently. I brought it to a boil like regular pudding thickened with corn starch, but even after it cooled, it was still runny. Went to the website and found that it's not used for thickening. So, I whisked in .5tsp gluc powder, fingers crossed it will thicken overnight. This pudding should come in at 3carbs and 50cal for 1 cup, should help with the chocolate cravings even on a dd.