Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I wish it was my house! Its a picture of a house and scenery that I think is beautiful.

Jaymar, Yes I will be going to some new places. While at my cousin's, we will take day trips through Bavaria...beautiful!...and also Austria. After Munich we will rent a car and drive through France...don't know exactly where yet but I love the old villages and castles, so I'll find a good route to see of lot of that kind of thing. I want to spend a few days in Paris, have only driven through before. Before ending up in Paris though, I will go to LaRochelle for a few days. It is on the west coast of France and is where my ancestors are from. I have been there before and fell in love with it. SO much history and beauty there.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Where will you be going in Austria, Jan? I spent 6 months working at a research institute outside of Vienna when I was in grad school, and Vienna is gorgeous! I don't think I would go off eating lowcarb easily, but I would go off for a trip to Vienna, because the pastry is outstanding, and I couldn't resist having coffee and pastry in the beautiful cafes.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Where will you be going in Austria, Jan? I spent 6 months working at a research institute outside of Vienna when I was in grad school, and Vienna is gorgeous! I don't think I would go off eating lowcarb easily, but I would go off for a trip to Vienna, because the pastry is outstanding, and I couldn't resist having coffee and pastry in the beautiful cafes.
Lucky you! 6 months in Austria...wow! I've been in some town in Austria that is close to Munich, my cousin brought us through there on a day trip. There was an old monastary there that we toured...beautiful. And everywhere you looked was beautiful snowy mountains that looked as if you could almost reach out and touch them. I haven't been to Vienna but I have a friend who LOVES it too. Hopefully I will get to see it on this trip.

I'm already planning ahead for the eating part of it. No way will I deprive myself, but I won't stuff myself with carbs either. I did pretty good on my last visit, I was'nt on JUDDD but was LCing. I probably won't stick to any strict rotations, but try to eat most when hungry.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Jan, that sounds wonderful..I've never been able to go there, but have a friend who has been to Bavaria...and what a gorgeous place..I've seen her videos..and since you've been before, you know what to expect...how exciting..I'm glad you have that to look forward to. what a great incentive to keep you on target for some new , smaller clothes too...
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Yes its a great incentive. I am having so much fun looking online for ideas of places I want to go. I've decided I want to go EVERYwhere!

Once again the scales aren't moving much, but my clothes are becoming looser so I know something is happening. I need to get better with taking my measurements.

And also my skin is looking better. So the nonscale rewards are definitely a big part of JUDDD too.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

I had to share this because it turned out pretty darn good.

I used LC dark choc chips 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup coconut butter, 1 packet truvia, melted them together over low heat on the stove (you can also microwave if you want) then added coconut and walnuts to the melted ingredients. Gave it a good stir and put it into a foil lined bread pan (the 8x8 seemed too big) and popped it in the freezer overnight.

This morning I took it out and cut it up into 12 pieces on the cutting board. Then back in the fridge. I think it would be okay at room temp but not sure about that yet.

If you love chocolate candy, this is so easy to make and just under 3 carbs per serving. One piece does me just fine because it is very rich.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

oh boy, does that sound good...I could make it if I could find coconut butter..I went to our big health food store last weekend and asked for coconut butter...they didn't have it..and really didn't know what it was...they had some kind of coconut spread..but it looked like coconut oil in a pat..It sure would be nice to have that for a little treat at night..thanks for the recipe, Jan..I will keep on looking for the ingredients...then I'll go crazy on it..haha.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
oh boy, does that sound good...I could make it if I could find coconut butter..I went to our big health food store last weekend and asked for coconut butter...they didn't have it..and really didn't know what it was...they had some kind of coconut spread..but it looked like coconut oil in a pat..It sure would be nice to have that for a little treat at night..thanks for the recipe, Jan..I will keep on looking for the ingredients...then I'll go crazy on it..haha.
Now now don't go too crazy....you'll make me feel guilty!

The kind I found in a store here is Artisana. It feels like coconut oil to me, but its made from the flesh of the coconut, not the liquid, so I guess it has kind of a different texture in recipes, than coconut oil does. I wish Trader Joe's would carry the butter. I use their coconut oil and I like it.
I use a lot of both.

Last edited by JayLynn; 01-31-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I had to share this because it turned out pretty darn good.

I used LC dark choc chips 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup coconut butter, 1 packet truvia, melted them together over low heat on the stove (you can also microwave if you want) then added coconut and walnuts to the melted ingredients. Gave it a good stir and put it into a foil lined bread pan (the 8x8 seemed too big) and popped it in the freezer overnight.

This morning I took it out and cut it up into 12 pieces on the cutting board. Then back in the fridge. I think it would be okay at room temp but not sure about that yet.

If you love chocolate candy, this is so easy to make and just under 3 carbs per serving. One piece does me just fine because it is very rich.
I still love this and I add coconut cream as well, to make it more luxurious.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Ok,..but I'm not holding out much hope that I will find the butter here in Florida ...maybe the whole foods store will have it....chocolate, coconut and pecans are my favorite things...if I can't find the butter maybe I'll experiment with the choc..nu:ts, and EVCO...how bad can it be......I do have to be careful with things like that...I really liked the Atkins bars, but they trigger my cravings for candy..so I don't buy them anymore..
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
jaymar, I think it is one of the treats that is so rich, you won't eat much. I could not eat more than one piece at a time. And I loved the stuff!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok,..but I'm not holding out much hope that I will find the butter here in Florida ...maybe the whole foods store will have it....chocolate, coconut and pecans are my favorite things...if I can't find the butter maybe I'll experiment with the choc..nu:ts, and EVCO...how bad can it be......I do have to be careful with things like that...I really liked the Atkins bars, but they trigger my cravings for candy..so I don't buy them anymore..
This candy isn't a trigger for me like some kind of nutrition bars, I think because the fat in just one piece is enough to satisfy wanting something sweet. They really are rich, I'm going to try and "dilute" them next time. Even though they're good, they're almost too strong.....almost.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
jaymar, I think it is one of the treats that is so rich, you won't eat much. I could not eat more than one piece at a time. And I loved the stuff!
Yeah, I agree, Sunday. I eat one piece slowly and then have a cup of green tea and I'm good for hours. No hunger.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info...it sounds llike just what I need to get me thru a bad time on a down day...I sometimes make the bulletproof coffee,.but only use half a tsp. of buter and EVCO...so one piece of this would be more satisfying than the coffee...and I usually drink my coffee black...I gotta find the coconut butter now.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
I got cocnut manna at my Whole Foods. From what I understand it's either the same as or very close to coconut butter. I love it spread on a piece of toast.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I got cocnut manna at my Whole Foods. From what I understand it's either the same as or very close to coconut butter. I love it spread on a piece of toast.
We don't have Whole Foods close by, but I will look for the manna at the place where I get a lot of healthy food kinda stuff. I wonder if its any cheaper than the butter.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #107

I just read some reviews, trying to figure out if manna and butter are different, and it appears that they're pretty much the same thing, but Nutiva thought their's tastes better so they gave it a new name (manna)!

And I just realized I spelled coconut wrong earlier.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just read some reviews, trying to figure out if manna and butter are different, and it appears that they're pretty much the same thing, but Nutiva thought their's tastes better so they gave it a new name (manna)!

And I just realized I spelled coconut wrong earlier.
When I see the word "manna" I think of bread, so I really had no idea what coconut manna is.

The thing about the coconut butter vs coconut oil...I really thought the butter would be spreadable, but it is solid like the oil. If you can spread the manna on toast, I'm guessing it is more of a butter consistency.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #109

It's solid until room temperature is 72. I measure it out then put it on the toast right when it comes out of the toaster so the bread heats it up to a spreadable consistency.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Well, Ladies, I didn't find the butter in town..so I'm thinking..hmm..what about using the oil and adding just a small amount of organic regular butter?..doesn't sound too bad to me...and I don't think it will send me off on a tangient if I only have a small piece once in a while...today I'm doing LC..and think I will over the weekend too...I need to find out what caused me to slow down so much....I was reading on another thread about women having some trouble with IMF...well..I am just over menopause, and when I first started Juddd, I felt so good...sure would like to get back to that..I forgot to mention that a few weeks back, when I had that awful cold/flu...it left me with infection in a lung..
and my Dr put me on some very strong antibiotics to clear it up....Oh..to be back to normal would be so nice....and it's coming soon, I hope..
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Sure Jaymar, give it a try. I always experiment with a recipe....sometimes they turn out good and sometimes they don't!

I bet the things you've mentioned could be a reason why your weight loss slowed down. Our bodies are so complex and there is always something going on. Sometimes that keeps the pounds from melting off like they should. Hope you're over the infection. It sucks to be sick!

Dawn, so the manna is the same consistency as the butter and oil. I suppose that is good because it means they didn't add a bunch of stuff to it. I'm really into the coconut flour, butter and oil. It keeps me from feeling hungry, I think.

Last edited by JayLynn; 02-01-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #112

It's more the consistency of peanut butter, but harder if that makes sense. Like if you put peanut butter in the fridge. It's only one ingredient, ground up coconut meat, so if that helps you visualize the consistency. It doesn't melt like coconut oil into smooth liquid. It's thicker and a little grainier (is that a word?).
Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's more the consistency of peanut butter, but harder if that makes sense. Like if you put peanut butter in the fridge. It's only one ingredient, ground up coconut meat, so if that helps you visualize the consistency. It doesn't melt like coconut oil into smooth liquid. It's thicker and a little grainier (is that a word?).
Looks good to me!

I'll find some of the manna and experiement with it. I don't eat bread, but I know I can find something to do with it. Thanks, Dawn.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi LC JUDDDbuddds, After my success with the candy the other day, I'm going to try and make LC peanut butter cups. I'll use this recipe:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...tter-cups.html

I don't have the candy forms or silicon cups so I'll just grease a nonstick mini muffin tin with a little CO and hope for the best. Hopefully they will pop right out.

I'll let you know how they turn out. <<I hope lol
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Jan, please let us know how these turn out...I used to make the regular ones..and I'd use small cupcake papers..filled them about half full, and they tasted great...If you get the sweetner to the level you want, they should be wonderful...I've been LC for two days...scale had been up 2 lbs..today..one lb is gone..and,,hopefully, I'm back to doing some good rotations.