Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I think having a flexible menu plan for the week is a great way to help rotations. I know when I don't semi plan meals and snacks for the week, I have much more tendency to mess up by eating too much or eating the wrong things.

And if you have a low cal dish that you like eating, by all means have it ready for DD's or UD's or whichever day it works best for. I cook a whole chicken at least once a week for broth and chicken dishes during the week. Its my go to meal that is easy to make and one I like to eat on either day.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I'm so excited I have to share it with my JUDDDBUDDDS! I talked with my cousin in Munich and I am definitely going to go to Germany for Oktoberfest this year! I was supposed to go last year but life got in the way and I wasn't able to.

Now I really have an incentive to get more weight off!
How exciting Jan! You are going to have so much fun! And yes, what a great incentive. You'll do it !
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hi everyone..wanted to let you know my scales showed a drop of 3 lbs...that is awesome...and it's after an UD...I have figured out that it usually is after an ud that I show loss...but I'm not going to worry, I'm going to do my dd and have a pot of cabbage cooking ...has a small amount of onions and sausage in it..adding a small cold potato to the plate when I have meals today..I sure hope that I can be back on track soon..this woe does seem to be very forgiving..and yes..I will plan meals ahead..that has been a downfall for me..here's hoping that you all have a great day..UD or DD..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Wonderful Jaymar!! 3 pounds after a UD is fantastic! Keep Up the Good work!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Jan...I sure plan to do my best...maybe by next fall I will be able to buy some new clothes in smaller sizes...that is something to look forward to..
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Hey Jay....send that whoosh fairy to Texas!!! Bet any us us here would welcome her with open arms!!!......Sooo happy for you!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Buying new clothes in smaller sizes is always a wonderful motivator. And it just plain makes us feel good to go down a size or two! I still wear things that are too big for me, mostly around the house, and have a few outfits that fit me now that I wear when I'm out and about. I plan on being out of the 200's by fall so then I'll HAVE to buy all new stuff.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

I told the whoosh fairy to get busy and visit all the nice people on here..just watch , she's gonna be making appearances....I haven't lost enough yet to need new clothes, but I can tell my tops feel bigger..not tight in the arms anymore.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Jaymar, congratulations for your scale reading!!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I told the whoosh fairy to get busy and visit all the nice people on here..just watch , she's gonna be making appearances....I haven't lost enough yet to need new clothes, but I can tell my tops feel bigger..not tight in the arms anymore.
Thanks Jaymar! I'll keep an eye out for her!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
How are folks doing with the goal of lowering carbs?

My stall finally broke (thank you Jaymar for sending out the woosh fairy!) I think lowering the carbs has helped. I've found that I can still eat 50-100 carbs without ill health effects - can still work in fruit, vegetables and an occasional treat within those guidelines, so I feel like I'm finding a sweet spot that works for me. Gah, if I had to eat Atkins induction all the time, I might just decide to starve instead, so good thing that I can work in some fruit and such
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Glad your lower carbs is helping the scales move. Today is not a good day for carbs for me. I like to keep them around 40, never over 50 on UD's and much lower on DD's. Today I've had oatmeal with coconut milk, later 1/2 a grapefruit, and half a salami sandwich for lunch.

Planning on close to zero carbs for dinner....fish and veggies.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

I do think lowering the carbs may have helped move the scales,at least some..but...I have been having a problem for the last few days because I can't stay out of the bathroom..I try to stop drinking anything after 7pm,..but it's not helping....I am not able to get a good night's sleep...I don't know exactly what to do, I need to fix this plumbing problem so that I don't get up four times a night... ...I need and want to lose this weight so I'm determined to deal with the problems as they come up.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Jaymar, did you see when Carly was posting about a similar problem a week or two ago? I think she had it going on for several days, then had a major whoosh. Maybe it's just excess fluid being released from your fat cells (I hope so!)
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I've seen several JUDDDbuddds say that they have to pee a lot on some days, it seems to be quite common with alternate day fasting, just like being really cold. Maybe its all part of the SIRT levels increasing, I'm not sure.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I did see where Carly had a problem like I had too....and yes..the getting cold is something I had a lot at first, on downdays...my trips to the bathroom did slow down yesterday so maybe with going lower carb my body needed to adjust..thanks for your answers...I think what you say is accurate..I've had more ups and downs than a yoyo...but it's worth it...I have to watch the things that I change because some things will slow me down that wouldn't bother someone else..Im going to try adding some L Glutamine hoping it will make me less hungry on the dd's...but..I'll watch it closely and if my weight goes up suddenly, I will stop it...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I think I will try L glut too. I take resveratrol and it does seem to help lower my appetite, sometimes.

Its like some things work some of the time but not always consistently. Our bodies are such intricate machines always mending and changing.

I am trying to figure out a couple DD menu's and a few UD menus to stick to for awhile. Just keep it simple. Its easy to eat low carb on a DD, not so easy on UD's.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I started the Lglutamine today...I've read that it could take a week or so to really help..so I will try to be patient...I wondered if anyone else has a problem with this, but today..was a dd, and there were times that my stomach just hurt, like it was empty..I've also read that some kinds of hunger pains are from the lining of the stomach being irritated..but it sure was uncomfortable..I have yet to recapture that "no hunger" feeling that I had when I first started Juddd..I need to find a way to deal with the painful empty feeling...maybe it will get better after a week or two..I sure hope so.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Jaymar, I don't think hunger should be "painful". What was your menu like? Maybe you can adjust it some so that your DD's are not so uncomfortable. I know I have to eat according to how I feel on DD's.

If I wake up really hungry I eat a hard boiled egg and have some tomato juice and coffee. I always try and have veggies around to eat whenever I feel hungry during the day, such as celery cauliflower radishes....and always chicken broth seems to help me get through a DD.

Maybe you need to add a few calories to DD's to get over feeling so bad on DD's? I know from so many on this forum that DD;s should get better, not worse. Hope your next DD is a better one!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

It sounds like that would help..I think I just get to counting carbs and calories and feel like I can't take a bite of anything...I'm doing a potato dd, today..hoping that will help the hunger too...but it wouldn't hurt to have some celery or radishes on hand..also, I'm finally learning how to fix some food that I like without all the calories and carbs..I found a good sugar substitute for me..it's called coconut palm sugar...it's more like brown sugar but is not supposed to spike the insulin..I started out witha med. sweet potato..for about 180 cals...hoping the rest of the day I can have some russet potatoes in a soup mixture that I think will be good...when I first did the potato day, it really helped curb my hunger..so I'm hoping...I think I will add chromium to my list of vitamins...I used to take it all the time to help keep my blood sugar normal.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Jaymar, your menu today sounds good. The potato hack has helped a lot of us.

Have you tried broth? It saves me every DD. I make my own from a whole chicken I cook in the crock pot with rosemary and bay leaves. Then I cook the juices another day or so....really let that carcass stew in the liquids. There is some great info about bone broth in this thread starting on post #115
Chilblains update ~ and the JUDDD factor
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, JayLynn...I have never made broth, but my crockpot can probably do it..I'll give that a try...One thing I had forgotten was that when I was eating any carbs on UD, I was going gluten free..then had trouble finding it..that may have slowed me down a bit...Today I had time to drive a ways to a Health foods store, so I stocked up, and got some bread that I wanted to mention...there is a bakery in california called Jullian's...my local HFS keeps a few kinds of their low carb bread...some is also gluten free..I've had it before and it's not too bad..I was using that on UDs when I first started out too..hopefully I will start losing again, at a good clip...if not...I will just stay with this woe because I can't do low calorie everyday...I can do it every other day, and it does work..I can see all of the success people are having here and it gives me a lot of hope.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
I do think lowering the carbs may have helped move the scales,at least some..but...I have been having a problem for the last few days because I can't stay out of the bathroom..I try to stop drinking anything after 7pm,..but it's not helping....I am not able to get a good night's sleep...I don't know exactly what to do, I need to fix this plumbing problem so that I don't get up four times a night... ...I need and want to lose this weight so I'm determined to deal with the problems as they come up.
This happens to me when i drink hot tea
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

The whosh fairy has struck again..yes...showing a loss of 2 more lbs....yaay..I am back on track...thank you guys for all the good advice...I'm back to gluten free on any carbs I have...and...I am not going to weigh every day...that does something to my brain...it seems to call up old negative thinking about my eating...something else I want to mention...someone called my attention to that old , rock solid fact.......Fat weighs more than muscle...sooo....when we lose a pound of fat...I think that is more significant than we give it credit for...I remember when Oprah came out on stage, pulling that wagon of fat..haha..well at that same time I was on the same thing she was..paying thru the nose..about a hundred bucks a week..to lose a pound or so a week..starving myself..feeling sick everyday..I know that most of us have similar stories...we put ourselves thru hell...just to maybe gain it all back...well..that's over for me..I intend to keep on this woe..no matter what..it works..it works and it's sane.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I AM SO SORRY...I TYPED IT WRONG...FAT WEIGHS LESS THAN MUSCLE..BUT TAKES UP MORE SPACE I THINK..
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The whosh fairy has struck again..yes...showing a loss of 2 more lbs....yaay..I am back on track...thank you guys for all the good advice...I'm back to gluten free on any carbs I have...and...I am not going to weigh every day...that does something to my brain...it seems to call up old negative thinking about my eating...something else I want to mention...someone called my attention to that old , rock solid fact.......Fat weighs more than muscle...sooo....when we lose a pound of fat...I think that is more significant than we give it credit for...I remember when Oprah came out on stage, pulling that wagon of fat..haha..well at that same time I was on the same thing she was..paying thru the nose..about a hundred bucks a week..to lose a pound or so a week..starving myself..feeling sick everyday..I know that most of us have similar stories...we put ourselves thru hell...just to maybe gain it all back...well..that's over for me..I intend to keep on this woe..no matter what..it works..it works and it's sane.
jaymar! I remember Oprah pulling that wagon of fat. and for some reason I thought right then she would gain it all back. I think because she lost it so fast by following a plan she couldn't follow on a long term basis. She is proof that having money isn't the answer to life long weight loss.

Last edited by JayLynn; 01-28-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Jan, I had lost fifty pounds doing that same thing she did, at almost the same time...but it really put a dent in my budget..well..as soon as I stopped it..the weight came back on at a rapid pace...I was almost helpless to stop it..what a huge disappointment it was..and what it did to my thinking was just as bad....I keep saying that I know this woe works...it's so obvious..but if I jump on the scale everyday, it puts me back into that unhealthy thinking..now..that's just me..and like someone told me on here, once I learn to trust the program, I won't be vulnerable to that thinking...I looked , this morning, at old Juddd threads...saw Miss Carly in her before and after pictures..WOW...I mean her pictures tell you in absolute clarity, this way of eating works...will it work for every single person?...I guess maybe it's not for some people..but It is for me.
I also know that when I first came here the end of Nov....I had to have patience.
..people were kind and they shared that the scale does bounce...so..ok..it does..
it's nothing to be too alarmed about ...if I follow the plan I'm going to get where I want to be..and if I mess up, well...it's very forgiving, and I can get right back on...how much better could it be?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jan, I had lost fifty pounds doing that same thing she did, at almost the same time...but it really put a dent in my budget..well..as soon as I stopped it..the weight came back on at a rapid pace...I was almost helpless to stop it..what a huge disappointment it was..and what it did to my thinking was just as bad....I keep saying that I know this woe works...it's so obvious..but if I jump on the scale everyday, it puts me back into that unhealthy thinking..now..that's just me..and like someone told me on here, once I learn to trust the program, I won't be vulnerable to that thinking...I looked , this morning, at old Juddd threads...saw Miss Carly in her before and after pictures..WOW...I mean her pictures tell you in absolute clarity, this way of eating works...will it work for every single person?...I guess maybe it's not for some people..but It is for me.
I also know that when I first came here the end of Nov....I had to have patience.
..people were kind and they shared that the scale does bounce...so..ok..it does..
it's nothing to be too alarmed about ...if I follow the plan I'm going to get where I want to be..and if I mess up, well...it's very forgiving, and I can get right back on...how much better could it be?
Yes Jaymar, this whole deal trying to lose weight and keep it off can be a real mind game. After years and years of up and down for me....but never down to goal....I finally realized I have to be kind to myself no matter what. Criticizing and negative thinking only make me eat! I've gotten better with emotional eating, I used to be such a night binger. But now if I eat at night I make sure it is something healthy, not cookies or ice cream etc.

I have lost 70 lbs I did it very slowly on just low carb, then I stalled big time and started JUDDD the day after thanksgiving, so we probably started about the same time. I have lost about 14 lbs JUDDDing not a lot, but I no longer have as much anxiety over food as I used to. Knowing I can eat what I want "the next day" has made a world of difference to me. And JUDDD is so flexible that no matter what is happening in day to day life, I can find a way to make it work somehow.

I will lose 50 lbs this year which will get me in the one hundreds. I haven't been in the 100's since before I had my first baby! A very long time ago! over 30 years. So I am comfortable and happy with JUDDDing no matter what the scales say. Sure I want the numbers to go down, but how fast that happens is okay now. I feel more at peace with food than I can ever remember and this is worth A LOT to me!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Jan...that is an amazing accomplishment...you are to be congratulated on a loss of 70 lbs...see , I have needed to lose that much for years..but just getting five lbs off was always such a monumental task...that I could clearly see how hard another 60 or so would be..the way that most wL programs are, I just gave up...but to think about going very low calories or carbs one day, and having what you want the next..why that's doable..that gets me through the days most times...even doing a potato day is a treat because I have always loved sweet potatoes..and I have them on those days, so , even that's not so bad..I hope you will post more info about your upcoming trip overseas...I think that is going to be so exciting...and are you going places you have not been before?..glad you have that to look forward to...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
JayLynn--off topic here, sorry...but is that your house in your avi? Bee-yoo-tee-full! Looks like it could be the PNW...
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote