Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Frustrations, whining and general complaining :)

I hope this is not frowned upon, but I feel like some of us need a place to vent. I know that I do, lol.

So, here's my whine: I'm only down 1 lb from the end of November.All these DD's and the sacrifices, and the pay off is so little. I was jumping up and down to just get to 190 in Dec., but that's less than 9 lbs from the start of my journey, and now I'm wrestling to get *back* to that weight, when by now I thought I'd at least be in the 180s. Too good to be true is exactly that, unfortunately. All this celebrating my UDs and thinking how fun it is to be losing and eating is just not true...I'm not losing (much).

Ok, all that aside, I still LOVE JUDDD and I'm not quitting. I need to shake things up, though, and maybe it's exercise. Maybe it's ptero. Maybe I need to religiously count every calorie EVERY day.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I hope this is not frowned upon, but I feel like some of us need a place to vent. I know that I do, lol.

So, here's my whine: I'm only down 1 lb from the end of November.All these DD's and the sacrifices, and the pay off is so little. I was jumping up and down to just get to 190 in Dec., but that's less than 9 lbs from the start of my journey, and now I'm wrestling to get *back* to that weight, when by now I thought I'd at least be in the 180s. Too good to be true is exactly that, unfortunately. All this celebrating my UDs and thinking how fun it is to be losing and eating is just not true...I'm not losing (much).

Ok, all that aside, I still LOVE JUDDD and I'm not quitting. I need to shake things up, though, and maybe it's exercise. Maybe it's ptero. Maybe I need to religiously count every calorie EVERY day.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Do you have a round about guess as to what calories you're doing UD/DD, Cindy? I know you are working hard and you're always so sweet & optimistic. I feel horrible knowing you're struggling. I am really glad you're posting about it. I'm sure the super smart JB's will have lots of great suggestions!

I do know that I have found I need to count my UD & DDs religiously at this point. When I started, I wasn't counting my coffees in the morning (which worked out ok initially), but now I've realized that's adding 60 calores to my DDs, which might not seem alot, but it really is on DDs! Anyhoo, my point is, they all add up and could make a difference?

Have you kept track of meals? Could you post examples of a few days at all?

HUGE hugs!!! XOXO We will figure it out!!!! You will make this work!!!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

I count DD's religiously, always. Sometimes they are over 500, and yesterday was nearly 700. On UD's I half-heartedly count, but I usually go over my 1800 calories. I guess that's the problem right there...high DD's and high UD's make for no loss for me. Silly me thinking I'd magically lose without cutting my calories enough, lol. I need to get the ptero and cut way back on DD calories. Then I wouldn't have to worry so much about UD's.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
... Maybe I need to religiously count every calorie EVERY day. ...
Cindy.

Based on my experience, and on a ton of anecdotal experience on this forum, you have to start by counting. Some people count from bite one, some people are good guesstimators and never need to count, some people only need to start counting when they hit a stall. You are now officially a member of the third group. Until you know your DD and UD calories, you (and we who truly want to help you) cannot guess at what is wrong.

Oh, I see you posted while I was typing! Bravo! And you have a plan! Whoo HA! (And, whoo ha! Melinda!!!)
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-14-2013 at 06:17 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LG, I think that's how I managed to lose great in the beginning. I was blessed with not having super hungry DDs so had really, really low ones. I'm not able to stay that low this week and I think it makes a difference. For me, anyways. It's REALLY hard to do that when your DDs are hungry, though! I wonder if the ptero would help you? (I may join you!)

Again, I'm really glad you're bringing this up and the smarties over here can pop in with suggestions! Feeling frustrated and upset is no good!!!

Last edited by Flutter; 01-14-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Textemale
Stats: 183.4/168/160
WOE: JUDDD & Fast 5, previously LC
Start Date: LC 10/20/12 JUDDD 12/26/12 Restarted Juddd 1/29/14
Oh Cindy, I'm so sorry you're having "those" feelings that we all can associate with. I think for openers, you should log every calorie you put past your lips. It's amazing how many calories can "slip" by without logging. I keep a notebook with me at all times and am sure that I write everything down. I just started JUDDD on December 26 and have kept my initial DD calorie limit to the intitial threshold set by the calculator. I also keep a chart/graph to keep my eye on the "trend". As long as the trend is down, I'm happy even if there is an uptick on the scales.

I'm also a BIG believer in Pterostilbene!! For me, it really does quash my hunger. But the other health benefits of taking the P are all the more reasons to take it. At $15.99 for a two month's supply (if taken once a day) I think it's a cheap price to pay!

Exercise? It's always a good idea for many reasons, but I won't preach what I don't practice!

Good luck!

~Pat
Textemale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Cindy, you always have a place to vent here, and lots of us to commiserate with and relate to what your going through. Trust me, you're not alone in these feelings and these experiences.

I think your idea of counting, carefully, both UD and DDs for now is a good one. I've done that since the beginning, and I think it's held me in good stead, as well as helped me quickly identify when and where I needed to make adjustments. So far for me, keeping DDs a touch lower and UDs a touch higher is still working. I figure on a DD, if I'm already restricting and not eating as much as I'd like, I might as well restrict down another 100 calories. You might even find DDs a bit easier if you eat a little less. Keeps the hungry monster at bay more maybe?

You can do this, you just need to figure out what that magic sweet spot is for you in calories, and then really work it. And you can't say you aren't making progess, because you've been getting comments noticing your losses. So please keep that in mind even when the scale isn't being friendly!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
sorry your frustrated. but what I learned in the beginning is. don't rely souly on your scale. you should measure or at least go by smaller cloth sizes. my scale wouldn't read much pound losses but I was fitting into smaller and smaller pants. I started JUDDD at 186 in a size 16! but . after a few months my scale was saying 175-178 BUT I was in a size 9 juniors! then one day the scale plummeted for me. I hit 159 an it all caught up to the clothes I was wearing. be patient. it will all come together in time!

ps....you should change the title of your post before you get a infraction. can't use symbols to hid swear words!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 01-14-2013 at 06:25 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't think I can change the title of this thread. I have used swear words a lot on this board, lol. Thanks all for the suggestions and pats on the back.

I am fitting into smaller clothes, and I am getting compliments on my weight loss, but the scale doesn't show it. I also measure once a month and haven't lost any more that way either, since last month...not sure how that is. I keep a calculator beside me at both of my computers (at work and at home) and I write down everything I eat, and have since the beginning (but again, sometimes fudged UD's). The only thing I've never done is low DD's, and it seems to be what I am going to have to do. Now I'm going to order that damn ptero!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hey, Cindy...I can understand your frustration..I had it for years with losing the same five lbs over and over...I know that for me, the start of the success with the Juddd was after I did one of the potato days...it's like it killed my appetite..and then during Christmas I got into the sweets and saw the appetite coming back..then..thank God, I got sick..haha...but I really took it to heart what you have put on your posts....the time is going to pass anyway..and I don't want to miss out again..what I did was tell myself that I had to get back on the potato day...well..that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be..I felt kinda sick having only potatoes...it actually took me a couple of attempts to do it, but I kept trying...and after a good potato day, I could feel the appetite monster calming down..I don't pretend to know what is best for you, but there are some options when you read what others have done here..I hope you can find something that will kick start things for you..I believe you will find it too.so hang in there..and it sure is ok with all of us if you need to vent .
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Cindy I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated! It's something I think we can all relate to.

I think you are doing great though. You didn't start out at that high of a weight, which generally means the loss is going to be slower. And you ARE losing even if it's slow right? Someone posted a link to an old post from a low-carber that showed her graph of a year's weight loss, which looked like a very steady decline, but when you looked at the day-to-day, the loss was slow and erratic, jumping back up and down for a while. Sometimes it helps to remember the big picture.

I know you'll figure this out, especially since you are committed to continuing JUDDD. I love the idea of having a place to vent!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

I know slow loss is better than none, and I have talked about that a lot. In fact, I've talked about all this a lot. I'm sorry to be playing the same record over and over. One day I'm jubilant and the next feeling sorry for myself, lol. I just wanted to vent, that's all. Maybe I should go back to posting in my diary.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LG, please do vent here! I don't read the journals over here, I forget where they're at and probably am missing alot. I totally get why you're frustrated and it really doesn't seem "fair" when some of us are losing more than others and everyone seems to be working the plan the same. I know when I have stalled on other plans, I have been angry & ready to throw in the towel pretty quickly. It seems like you're sacrificing for nothing. (in your head anyways!)

I wish I had easy answers for you. I know low calorie DDs are super hard and are hard to psych yourself up for. Maybe try to gradually decrease your DDs a bit and see if it shakes things up for you?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Cindy, I am so glad you came here to vent! And I can totally understand about the scale. I really want to throw it out the window sometimes!! My weight hasn't budged since December 30th.
my DDs so far(2 big whoop!) have been low, 370 calories, and it IS hard, but I am hoping that if I adhere strictly to it, it will help.
I know I am not one to say much, as I am just a newbie, but I wanted to tell you that I am your cheerleader today
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
I know slow loss is better than none, and I have talked about that a lot. In fact, I've talked about all this a lot. I'm sorry to be playing the same record over and over. One day I'm jubilant and the next feeling sorry for myself, lol. I just wanted to vent, that's all. Maybe I should go back to posting in my diary.
Been there, sang that a lot and the Juddd Buddds can verify that. Like the others said, most of us can so relate to your feelings. I'm one that loses very slowly and my bounces are horrendous. I had a 4.5 bounce this morning that put me back where I started!! And I know without a doubt that even with an UD followed by a MD I didn't eat enough to do that, so it's gotta be salt. My clothes, even with a minimal loss that that, have felt better and they still do, so I know it's not fat.

I'd get those DD calories a bit lower and see if that helps. I try to be pretty strict with my DD and am trying to eventually work down to well below the 400 I'm alotted right now (would love to do a true fast every other day).

You are so much more patient than I would have been to have only lost 1 lb. since November! Vent away any time, that's what we're here for!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Did you read mykidsteacher's thread One Year On Juddd? Very inspiring and noteworthy!

I was going over on UD and a little on DD too late last Summer and wasn't losing. I think counting is worth it for a period of time if you want results. Then we can learn from the counting, knowing how much we are eating, etc and can learn to maintain w/o counting so strictly. Good luck!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cindy I know it's hard when the losses aren't there. I haven't been losing recently, but I go through phases like that. I know it helps me to keep DDs low. It's hard in the beginning, but if you can muscle through the first week of DDs at your calculated number it will get way easier. For me I was not successful at weight loss or anything for that matter till I wanted it so badly that I would do what ever it took. That meant nothing in the cabinets- at all since I sleepwalk eat and never more than 2 80 calorie yogurts and celery in the fridge. That paired with DDs under 200 incase I get into the yogurt have helped me lose 65 pounds. I also gave up coffee on DD since I want more cream than I can afford. I don't drink alcohol, but can imagine that gets tricky and calorie costly. I know you can do
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Oooooh do we feel your pain and know your frustration. Take heart. In the long term you are doing something good for your health by rotating cals- even if you are not losing right now. Tweak away until you find your answer. This is not one size fits all. Some lucky few sail right through. Most of us have to fight for every ounce lost. (unfortunately)
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Cindy I know it's hard when the losses aren't there. I haven't been losing recently, but I go through phases like that. I know it helps me to keep DDs low. It's hard in the beginning, but if you can muscle through the first week of DDs at your calculated number it will get way easier. For me I was not successful at weight loss or anything for that matter till I wanted it so badly that I would do what ever it took. That meant nothing in the cabinets- at all since I sleepwalk eat and never more than 2 80 calorie yogurts and celery in the fridge. That paired with DDs under 200 incase I get into the yogurt have helped me lose 65 pounds. I also gave up coffee on DD since I want more cream than I can afford. I don't drink alcohol, but can imagine that gets tricky and calorie costly. I know you can do
Yes, I know, Carly. It's time to get real. I have got to start having consistent low DD's, and I know that now. I thought I could get by with keeping them around 500 forever, but apparently I can't. I don't drink alcohol regularly, only once a week usually, so I doubt that's the problem. The problem is not doing the 20% DD's, and tomorrow I'm going to make it happen. Thank you for telling it like it is, hun.

ETA: I might seem silly a lot, but I'm not always drunk.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-14-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Oooooh do we feel your pain and know your frustration. Take heart. In the long term you are doing something good for your health by rotating cals- even if you are not losing right now. Tweak away until you find your answer. This is not one size fits all. Some lucky few sail right through. Most of us have to fight for every ounce lost. (unfortunately)
I think it would be a lot easier for me if I followed the rules, lol. I stubbornly stuck to my 500-600 calorie DD's thinking it would surely be low enough, but it's not. The good thing is, I've learned how to maintain. Tomorrow, I'm planning a good, low DD, and I want to start doing that consistently. Thanks for the support!

ETA: I don't have it spelled out in my stats but, my highest weight was 207 in May 2012 when I first put new batteries in my digital scale (after years of not weighing!). I tried counting calories after that and managed to lose 3 lbs over 2-3 months and maintained at 204. In Sept. I joined here and started doing Atkins and lost down to 197, but was up at 198.8 in November when I started JUDDD. Yesterday was exactly 2 months on JUDDD. So exactly one lb a week, I guess, in average, but really so long in between actually losing it feels like a stand-still. I thought I was ok with it, and probably would be if I knew it would continue to average 1 lb a week at least, but I'm afraid of the dreaded stall never letting go. Besides, 2 lbs a week would be much nicer! Hopefully, I can get those DD's lower and speed up this process.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-14-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Yes, I know, Carly. It's time to get real. I have got to start having consistent low DD's, and I know that now. I thought I could get by with keeping them around 500 forever, but apparently I can't. I don't drink alcohol regularly, only once a week usually, so I doubt that's the problem. The problem is not doing the 20% DD's, and tomorrow I'm going to make it happen. Thank you for telling it like it is, hun.
I know, know, know you can do it! I hope you believe, that I believe you can do this. Make a plan and use every bit of determination that you have to follow it through. A few DDs like that and I believe you will feel so empowered. I know that was how I felt. I just know that you can do it. It helped me to picture how I would look and what I would wear when I lost weight. I'm very visual, but I did things that would move towards that and away from how miserable I was feeling in the beginning. We are all cheering for you
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Cindy...Your stubborn streak can work for you the other way too! I believe you have that stubborn determination that Carly spoke of, and it will be just the "ingredient" needed to take you all the way to goal!!

It was soooo ok to stick with the 500-600 DD cals and see how it went, but like Nancy has taught us (me) we learn lots through experimenting!!

All through my journey, I remember many of us were tweaking all over the place to find our "sweet-spots". I know you are gonna do this! My stubborn streak worked in my favor! It can be a great trait to have!!

Can't wait to follow your success!

Phyl, the hard-headed turtle of a JUDDD BUDD
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Cindy, you've gotten some great advice and support here. I will lend mine as well. You've always been encouraging and helpful to everyone. I applaud you

You can do it!

(AND YES, you have learned how to maintain! Now you can get to goal and not be worried at all about that part!)
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks guys! I've taken my ptero this morning and only had 30 calories so far...Can't say how my appetite is affected yet really because mornings are usually pretty easy.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Hang in there Cindy! We can DD together today. I'm going to shoot for around 420, because for me, that's where the magic seems to be right now. Are you with me?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes I'm with you LCG!!! No wishing or hoping for a low DD today. I'm committed to it! 374 is my 20%, so I have 344 to go. Let's DO IT!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Great! I know you can do this!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, cheering you on girlies!

It's DD here for me, too. So far 3 cups of coffee w/ a splash of skim milk. Gotta get going in a few minutes but taking DD out to lunch today. Outta be interesting. (I'm not planning on eating!) We'll see how it goes!

LG, keep us informed on that ptero, huh? I should go to walgreens while I'm out and check it out.