Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Climbing back up AGAIN (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794401-climbing-back-up-again.html)

marlamp10 01-13-2013 10:03 PM

Climbing back up AGAIN

Well, I said I was back in the saddle on the 5th, but I lasted until the 7th. My first DD was great, second one was tough but I gritted through it.

Then for my third DD I was feeling really hungry and decided to try a potato day. Boy, was that a bad idea--possibly it would have worked when my DDs were in better control, but by that evening I was ridiculously out of control.

I have to admit it, I have a problem with binge eating.

So after 5-6 days of having massive carb blowouts every night, I finally decided last night it was time to try again. And today I had a great DD: a boiled egg and coffee with cream for breakfast, lots of water, did 40 minutes on treadmill, had a dinner of Wendy's chili and roasted vegetables for dinner. It was a good day.

I feel guilty about having a UD tomorrow after everything I ate last week, but I'm going to do it.

It's pretty clear to me that there's a lot to learn about how to keep things balanced and not go off the deep end. I didn't try to control carbs at all for my first four months, but I may need to.

gotsomeold 01-14-2013 03:12 AM

:hugs: Marla!

Knowing, and truly believing, you have a broken carb mechanism is a huge step in a really positive direction! Understanding some foods and/or situations really can trigger binges in you is another massive, oh-so-positive step.

In fact, congratulations on the blow out! Today truly can be the first day of the rest of your life.

I started LC in September before last knowing I had both of those problems. With JUDDD, over time, I added refined carbs back into my eating. But the never-ending foods and sweets and parties and special occasions I enjoyed from Thanksgiving to New Years Day have reactivated both my carb and my binge monsters. Yesterday, triggered by a sandwich made with gluten free bread, I found myself noshing donuts - and I know donuts cause me to have acid reflux. Weight be durned, I knew I was going to feel physically miserable ... but I kept on eating them.

So, I join you in diving back into eating LC foods in JUDDD patterns. We can overcome the carb monster and we can beat the binge beast into submission!

Librarygirl 01-14-2013 04:40 AM

Marla, I tried the PDD for the second time yesterday and it was a disaster for me too. I didn't go hog wild, but I did go up to about 700 calories and I still felt like I was starving when I went to bed. Actually gained a little bit too, unless my 2nd weigh in this morning is a little lower. Glad you are back in the swing of things now!:hugs:

Sammyann 01-14-2013 05:13 AM

:hugs: Good job for starting again. Just think of it as a learning experience.

Flutter 01-14-2013 05:42 AM

Yep, chalk it up to learning more about you! Hugs, though, we beat ourselves up so often. No need to, just move along and the scale will come back down! (and the beastly cravings will go away again!)

LoCarbGal 01-14-2013 06:50 AM

Marla, you haven't failed, you've learned something new (or confirmed something you already suspected) about your body. I'm glad you dusted yourself off and got back in here with us. Take any of the multitude of hands reaching out for you, we'll pull back up and keep you strong!

calichris 01-14-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16194129)
Marla, you haven't failed, you've learned something new (or confirmed something you already suspected) about your body. I'm glad you dusted yourself off and got back in here with us.

:goodpost: I agree with LCG! Learning something along the way that you can apply in the future is huge. I am in the same boat ... it hasn't been easy for me to get back in weight loss mode this month for some reason, but like you I'm working toward it. We'll both get back there! :hugs:

p.s. no guilt about an up day. You're on plan! :)

KeirasMom 01-14-2013 08:15 AM

:hugs: You're on your way, and have figured out a way to have a better handle on your eating. You've got this! :high5:

Debrat3 01-14-2013 08:51 AM

Marla I could or written your post about myself. I finally feel like I am getting ahold of the overly hungry days. I gotta start losing. This is ridiculous! Heres hoping you the BEST!!!

marlamp10 01-14-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 16194513)
Marla I could or written your post about myself. I finally feel like I am getting ahold of the overly hungry days. I gotta start losing. This is ridiculous! Heres hoping you the BEST!!!

You too, Debbie! One thing I realized was I haven't been drinking as much water as I was before the holidays, so I'm doubling up on my water and also going to make sure I get at least three fruits/veggies in today on my UD.

And staying away from the canteen where the giant honey buns lurk. :D

zipp2play 01-14-2013 10:56 AM

Marla, it sounds like a controlled up day is just what you need! You can do this girl!

JayLynn 01-14-2013 11:30 AM

I can so relate to everyone who has stalled over the holidays. I'm right there with you, making tweaks and adjustments and getting back on the wonderful JUDDD wagon! We can do this! :hugs::shake::hugs:

sunday 01-14-2013 11:49 AM

I am sympathetic and wish you a wonderful UD! I didn't find the same thing with potatoes, but I have noticed a few others who said that it did not help them at all. In fact, they may have had the opposite reaction as the tater hackers did. :confused:

This is one more learning experience for all JUDDD budds, that we really need to listen to what our body is saying. Even when it is not what we want to hear. :hugs: