Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   One year on JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794380-one-year-juddd.html)

mykidsteacher 01-13-2013 02:11 PM

One year on JUDDD

One year ago today, I started this journey with y'all, and I am so glad I did.

It was rough at the beginning, especially with my food allergy issues that I found out about, but within 4 mos, I was 5 pounds below my original goal, and have maintained that without any trouble since. It took at least 6 mos in maintenance before I started to trust that I wasn't going to just gain it all right back. Now, I feel like I can handle just about anything. And know that if I do put on a couple pounds, a dd or 2 will get me right back where I need to be. I never need to let it get to the point where I have 10 or more pounds to lose and give up because it seems so hopeless.

I haven't actually been juddding the past 3 weeks. I made it through the Holidays without gaining, and with only loosely eating more one day and less the next. I haven't actually counted anything calorie wise since beginning of Dec. I decided to just see how it went if I ate intuitively, and didn't count. I've learned a lot about how my body responds to foods, how to reign in cravings when they start to rear up, and how to maintain within a pretty narrow range. I've also been sick off and on the past 2 weeks, and just didn't want to deal with thinking too much about food.

I also decided to follow a leptin reset protocol (at least as it pertains to breakfast and eating clean, no snacking). Sleep has been hit or miss, and I've been noticing some hypothyroid symptoms so thought it couldn't hurt. I've done well with breakfast, not so great with the clean eating and no snacking. Not horrible, but could be better. Until this last week, my weight has been great at 125-126. But I can feel (and see on the scale) it creeping up above the range I feel comfortable with, so I will follow rotations this week to get back on track again. Need to clean up things too as far as wheat and sugar. My biggest temptations right now are potato chips, and almonds. The almonds would be ok, if I could stop with one handful. Need to just not buy them again. When my dd bakes, I find it hard to resist.

So, I'm testing myself, to see if I can eat intuitively most of the time, with an occasional 'correction week' thrown in when/if it is needed. I did have blood work done and the thyroid is fine. We're looking into a progesterone issue (which can keep you body from using the thyroid hormones correctly).

I am so glad I found JUDDD a year ago. I was seriously stalled, even though I was following the same paleo woe that had allowed me to lose 20 pounds fairly easily. I feel happy in my skin, even though my old body is far from perfect. And I know through bloodwork done throughout this year that my inflammation levels are at or near zero, and my blood lipids have improved dramatically.

More importantly, I've met all of you, and you are an amazing and supportive group of people. I know I'm not here much these days, and there are a lot of newbies I don't know, but I'm still a JUDDD BUDDD, and think of you often. I cheer your successes when I read of them, and lift you up and encourage you through the hard times, even when I don't always post that I am doing so (I tend to read more than I post).

Thank you for being with me through this journey to better help. I hope that my being here has been a help to you as well.

Carly 01-13-2013 02:15 PM

Tina- Happy Judddiversary!!!!!!
I wonder frequently how you are, but know you are busy with your children.

mom23kids 01-13-2013 02:58 PM

:clap:

adillenal 01-13-2013 03:20 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:So glad you found JUDDD about the same time I did and was successful.

Kissa 01-13-2013 03:54 PM

Tina, we miss you, but understand how busy your life is.

We all seemed to start this journey together and it has been so good for so many of us.

JUDDD has been truly life changing for me, but without my JUDDD BUDDDs I don't think I would have enjoyed the journey as much.

sunday 01-13-2013 04:16 PM

:congrats: One year and still doing well! WTG Tina! :high5:

gotsomeold 01-13-2013 05:09 PM

Happy anniversary!! You had quite a journey, but the arrival was truly wonderful.

Joyjoy 01-14-2013 12:16 AM

Beautiful, Tina. :):heart:

gotitnow 01-14-2013 12:39 AM

Tina, I am glad you were able to be around more during my WLM days. Always enjoyed your smart and insightful posts...and so sweet to boot!:hugs:

I never charted close enough when I started exactly because it was on and off plan in the beginning due to "life" getting in the way. I just know it's been over a year for me now and I am just as happy as ever. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Went into maintenance last April. Have done great, but willfully adding a few more cals here and there (sort of experimenting) I ended up staying at the higher end of my range too often, and put myself back in WLM after the holidays!

Those couple of pounds are already gone and I want to drop down just a few more, closer to what was always my "ultimate" goal.:aprayer:

I don't post as often now either, but try to stay "alive" when I can!! Miss you and your input, so post anytime you possibly can. I do keep up by reading here...even if it's very late!! :sleepy::D

It makes me happy to know you have been with it a year and still believe in the magic of JUDDD like I do! :clap:

Your friend and Juddd Bud for life, Phyl:heart:

LoCarbGal 01-14-2013 07:16 AM

That's so great to hear Tina! You were on a bit more when I started back in September and I always enjoyed your posts. Glad you're still around and it's still working for you!

KeirasMom 01-14-2013 08:20 AM

Happy JUDDDiversary! You've done great! :clap:

Luv2Eat 01-14-2013 08:33 AM

Good to hear from you, Tina! Love the intuitive eating idea with a 'correction week', I want to be like you when I hit my year mark in Aug :high5:

Eieio 01-14-2013 09:52 AM

Wonderful! Glad ur well.
Terri

sdjade 01-14-2013 10:43 AM

Happy one-year Tina!!!

zipp2play 01-14-2013 10:56 AM

Tina great to see you. You inspired me to try JUDDD and helped me out the first several months! I will always be grateful for that!

sorenkkg 01-14-2013 12:24 PM

Happy Juddiversary Tina!

You are a huge help, and were a huge help to me personally when I started last year!

:hugs: congratulations and thank you for everything!
:D
S.

Sammyann 01-14-2013 02:07 PM

Happy Anniversary, Tina. :clap:

BaileysGirl 01-14-2013 04:23 PM

How Wonderful! Such an inspiration! Keep it up and so glad you are living happy and not worrying about food so much!

mykidsteacher 01-14-2013 04:35 PM

Thank you all. This really is the most supportive, most encouraging, best group on the net. :) I do consider you all to be friends.

Monica! You look fabulous! I miss our challenge buddies, but am glad I get to see you around here when I check in.

Jbinme 01-14-2013 04:54 PM

Happy Juddiversary!!

I think of you often. Especially lately as me and DH are considering homeschooling beginning next year.

Flutter 01-14-2013 05:15 PM

Hi there, I've seen your avatar around, whether it's from recently or old posts, I have no idea! hehe! At any rate, I am so tickled to read how well you've done and that you are loving maintenance so much! Good for you! HUGE kudos & congrats!!!! It must feel fantastic to feel so in control and love the way you're living your life (and EATING!), too!

vanilla_latte 01-15-2013 10:59 AM

:clap::up::jumpjoy:

Happy Juddiversary!!! Lots of annys for several of you, all great inspirations!

Luna Loca 01-15-2013 01:10 PM

Happy Judddiversary! It's so wonderful to see such inspiring stories. I know you've had a particularly difficult time at times with your allergies and adrenal issues. But you've made JUDDD work for you, and it's inspiring to see! :congrats:

angie1 01-15-2013 01:35 PM

Great inspiring post! Congratulations on your success :D

sterlinggirl 01-16-2013 01:47 PM

Oh TIna! :jumpjoy: Im late to the party sorry, but a heart felt.. WE LOVE you is still the same message i would have posted .. if on time:heart: I cant belive its been a full year already, wow, where does the time go? :clap: :heart:

Whitlin' 01-16-2013 02:55 PM

And you've been so much of an inspiration to others here for a year, too! Congratulations!

Skinjob 01-19-2013 11:45 AM

What an inspirational story. Thanks for posting!

calichris 01-19-2013 01:46 PM

Happy Juddiversary! You've been such a maintenance inspiration ... I just love seeing our maintainers continued success and longevity with JUDDD!