Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Sunday, Do you have a plan? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794359-dd-sunday-do-you-have-plan.html)

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 09:28 AM

DD Sunday, Do you have a plan?

I am trying the potato hack today and allowing 700 calories. So far today I've only had light cream and coffee and am at 150 cals. No more after this cup. I boiled a pot full of baby yukons in chicken broth and will have some later when I return from errands/shopping.

Have a great Sunday JB's!:up:

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 09:56 AM

Hello! Isn't it weird, I'm kinda excited about my down day?? I guess that is the planner in me, I love to plan stuff out and experiment and find the best value for the lowest price, so I guess in this case it's lowest calories :-)
Breakfast coffee with 1 Tbs milk 10 calories
Lunch homemade chicken broth with 1half pickled jalapeņo chopped up and 1/4 small diced avocado 52 calories
Snack 1 cup jullienned jicama tossed with lime juice, with chili powder for dipping 52 calories

That leaves 266 calories for the rest of the day and I'm thinking about having an almond joy and diet coke for dinner :D

Flutter 01-13-2013 10:17 AM

LOL!!!!! You are so going to love this plan, Texas! ;)

LG, let us know how your PDD goes, ok? Potatos in broth sound heavenly to me!

I am cranky. I have a headache already and my stomach is not happy with me. (I get nauseated with headaches) I had coffee w/ skim milk this morning (about 40 cals) and just made myself eat a HB egg b/c of the nausea. Feel a bit better now. So far, 110 cals, but my brother is coming over to visit this afternoon & I have the famly to feed later. WHO knows what the day will bring. I just hope the rest of the day isn't headachy/nausea central!

About to do a search and see how common it is to go from fabulous DDs to icky ones suddenly. This is getting old! I expected the other way around! :(

adillenal 01-13-2013 10:24 AM

DD
B - coffee with HWC, one egg (180)
L - Faux cream of potato soup (150)
D - repeat L (150)
Total 480

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16192422)
LOL!!!!! You are so going to love this plan, Texas! ;)

LG, let us know how your PDD goes, ok? Potatos in broth sound heavenly to me!

I am cranky. I have a headache already and my stomach is not happy with me. (I get nauseated with headaches) I had coffee w/ skim milk this morning (about 40 cals) and just made myself eat a HB egg b/c of the nausea. Feel a bit better now. So far, 110 cals, but my brother is coming over to visit this afternoon & I have the famly to feed later. WHO knows what the day will bring. I just hope the rest of the day isn't headachy/nausea central!

About to do a search and see how common it is to go from fabulous DDs to icky ones suddenly. This is getting old! I expected the other way around! :(

:( that stinks Flutter. I wonder if a probiotic would help? Supposed to help with stomach issues. Good luck, I hope you figure it out:)

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 12:25 PM

Yes I second that, try probiotics, Flutter. I finally did and thank god. :)

Eating my first helping of potatoes now...5.4 oz with 1 T of soy sauce (160)

I did not finish my last cup of coffee, was a little under half left, so I'm saying 140, which brings me to 300. Need recipe for the potato soup so I can have that for dinner.

NewSize4Me 01-13-2013 12:29 PM

My plan for today:

Unsweet iced tea (0 calories)
Small Wendy's chili (210 calories)
Baked potato without skin and salsa (275 calories)
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower (100 calories)

Total - 585 calories

tobelowcarber 01-13-2013 12:38 PM

Baked haddock with steamed broccoli for lunch and dinner.
Should be around 500 cal

Flutter 01-13-2013 02:52 PM

Thanks guys...doing better now. I went back to my old stand by~Starbucks! ;) been sipping on a venti skinny caramel latte and life is back to grand! Whew!

Luv2Eat 01-13-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16192377)
>snip<
That leaves 266 calories for the rest of the day and I'm thinking about having an almond joy and diet coke for dinner :D

Tex, you're :sing: this plan, I like the way you think :up:

Kissa 01-13-2013 04:56 PM

I had a plan but I didn't stick to it. :o

Soya coffee
Broth type drink
2 glasses of white Pinot Grigio.

:dunno:

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 05:01 PM

PDD ain't going well. :( I just don't like it, haha! I'm going to stick with regular JUDDD from now on! Already had 470 calories and feel like I've only had water all day. :D Not sure what I might eat for dinner, but I'm definitely not going to bed this hungry! Experiment complete. :)

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 05:05 PM

Well, I've had 123 calories, 248 to go, not sure what I want to eat, just know that I'm hungry. Don't know if I want to stick with the almond joy plan, I mean I am reeeeallly hungry. I think maybe I am such a baby. I could have a sausage patty and fried egg, I think I will do that instead:-)
Thanks for letting me share lol

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16193225)
I had a plan but I didn't stick to it. :o

Soya coffee
Broth type drink
2 glasses of white Pinot Grigio.

:dunno:

Doesn't sound bad at all. :) What is Soya coffee?

C'Marie 01-13-2013 05:25 PM

YES, I have a plan :)
It's to stay on plan today ha ha ha!

Protein powder in coffee with 1 tbl cocoa and 1 tbl hnh
1 hb egg
nonfat gy with protein powder, cocoa powder and NEW SALTED CARAMEL Torani :)

Leaves me with about 120 calories later tonight for chicken and broccoli slaw.

I'm having pretty good appetite suppression after doing a fat fast yesterday.

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 05:39 PM

Well, I ate 1 slice of deli meat, LC cheese, dill pickle and a rice cake to bring me up to 575 calories! Now I'm having 1/4 c. of ice cream. :D Definitely not the best DD, however this ice cream is making me very happy. :)

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16193301)
Well, I ate 1 slice of deli meat, LC cheese, dill pickle and a rice cake to bring me up to 575 calories! Now I'm having 1/4 c. of ice cream. :D Definitely not the best DD, however this ice cream is making me very happy. :)

It's funny how ice cream can do that :-)

Flutter 01-13-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16193245)
Well, I've had 123 calories, 248 to go, not sure what I want to eat, just know that I'm hungry. Don't know if I want to stick with the almond joy plan, I mean I am reeeeallly hungry. I think maybe I am such a baby. I could have a sausage patty and fried egg, I think I will do that instead:-)
Thanks for letting me share lol

You are not a baby! I think you have done awesome! 1st DD, right? Great job!!!

LG, an ice cream hack sounds more fun than potatoes, huh? :hyst:

I made it! Darn hungry DDs... 350 calories and chugging water. I am done, regardless of my dumb stomach! :annoyed:

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16193370)
You are not a baby! I think you have done awesome! 1st DD, right? Great job!!!

LG, an ice cream hack sounds more fun than potatoes, huh? :hyst:

I made it! Darn hungry DDs... 350 calories and chugging water. I am done, regardless of my dumb stomach! :annoyed:

Thanks flutter:-) it's my 2nd DD. If I am honest about it, yes I'm hungry but I also feel empowered. Never thought I would be able to do this. Thinking about tomorrow helps a 'Lil bit

Flutter 01-13-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16193378)
Thanks flutter:-) it's my 2nd DD. If I am honest about it, yes I'm hungry but I also feel empowered. Never thought I would be able to do this. Thinking about tomorrow helps a 'Lil bit

Well, you are adjusting really well! :jumpjoy: thinking about UD definitely helps, I agree!

Btw, lovely avatar picture of you!

C'Marie 01-13-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16193378)

YEP. Me too. Makes me feel like I can handle other challenges if I can do a good DD.

Textemale 01-13-2013 07:17 PM

Had a very good DD. My biggest gripe with DDs isn't being hungry, it's being cold!! I even broke out the iron and ironing board just to get warm!:hyst::dunno:

No breakfast today. Lunch and supper were both a salad with a hard boiled egg, turkey pepperoni and WF Chipotle Dressing. Snack tonight was a chocolate SF/FF Jello Pudding cup with a heaping teaspoon each of WF Marshmallow and Carmel Dips plus 2 tablespoons of Lite Cool Whip. Pure heaven for 80 calories.

Total for the day: 377

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Textemale (Post 16193459)
Had a very good DD. My biggest gripe with DDs isn't being hungry, it's being cold!! I even broke out the iron and ironing board just to get warm!:hyst::dunno:

No breakfast today. Lunch and supper were both a salad with a hard boiled egg and turkey pepperoni. Snack tonight was a chocolate SF/FF Jello Pudding cup with a heaping teaspoon each of WF Marshmallow and Carmel Dips plus 2 tablespoons of Lite Cool Whip. Pure heaven for 80 calories.

Total for the day: 377

Yu-um!

Textemale 01-13-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16193468)
Yu-um!

Hey neighbor!!:high5: This pudding mixture could be VERY dangerous if you know what I mean!

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 08:35 PM

Hi Textemale! Love the hill country, so beautiful. I live up in the desert.
Is that Walden Farms you're talking about? I've never tried them.

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'Marie (Post 16193387)
YEP. Me too. Makes me feel like I can handle other challenges if I can do a good DD.

It's pretty cool, huh?

hot-in-texas 01-13-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16193384)
Well, you are adjusting really well! :jumpjoy: thinking about UD definitely helps, I agree!

Btw, lovely avatar picture of you!

Thank you! This pic was taken after my 10 lb weight loss on Atkins Induction. I always loose in my face first, and then it works it's way down.

Textemale 01-14-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16193564)
Hi Textemale! Love the hill country, so beautiful. I live up in the desert.
Is that Walden Farms you're talking about? I've never tried them.

Yes, the Hill Country is lovely. Pure heaven compared to Houston which is where we retired from in 2011. Where in the desert are you? I have a son in Lubbock and was just there a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, I was referring to Walden Farms dressings and their dips. Some are better than others but I LOVE the Chipolte Ranch dressing and the Bacon Ranch is good as well.

Take care!
Pat

hot-in-texas 01-14-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Textemale (Post 16195626)
Yes, the Hill Country is lovely. Pure heaven compared to Houston which is where we retired from in 2011. Where in the desert are you? I have a son in Lubbock and was just there a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, I was referring to Walden Farms dressings and their dips. Some are better than others but I LOVE the Chipolte Ranch dressing and the Bacon Ranch is good as well.

Take care!
Pat

I'm in Lubbock!

hot-in-texas 01-14-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'Marie (Post 16193387)

:high5: High five C Marie!