Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anybody hittin' it hard, low-carb? :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794284-anybody-hittin-hard-low-carb.html)

Deen73 01-12-2013 08:31 AM

Anybody hittin' it hard, low-carb? :)

Hey, gals! I apologize if this topic has already been covered (but, heck, I've been so busy lately -- I'll take any excuse to pop in and say 'hey' to everyone... lol). But I was wondering if anyone is doing JUDDD low-carb BOTH days like I am right now? I'm doing induction-levels on DD and going a little more lax (like 35 or so) on the UD's.

I have to say, as a temporary measure (I'm just trying to get back to where I was before the holiday gorge) it's working! Almost too well, actually -- I'm starting to get that "deflated" look that you get when you're losing a bit too quickly. On the other hand, I'm just happy to sort of have a waist again :jumpjoy: . I'm interested to know if anyone else is doing the same (or has in the past) and also your results. This seems like a good way to go for the Cysters, too. Right now I'm on no BCP and NO met and still losing. I am taking Green Coffee bean extract (stopped the met because they have a similar effect on blood sugar, and I didn't want to get too low).

Decided to give the green coffee bean a shot because the Met was causing some tummy trouble -- and, well, I'm not gonna lie, also because of the weight-loss hype surrounding the green coffee. Wanted to see if it would work for me. Don't know how many #'s I'm down this week, but I think there's a visible difference.

Hope everyone's well. :)

Carly 01-12-2013 08:45 AM

LC is just to restrictive for me and I don't feel my best on it. I know there are a bunch of JBs that low carb all the time though and they feel great with it. They'll chime in I'm sure.

LoCarbGal 01-12-2013 08:46 AM

I can't say I'm doing it quite that way, Deen, but wow, it's really working for you! I think I'd take deflated over my current fattiness! You know that'll sort itself out with some time. Congratulations!

Eieio 01-12-2013 09:13 AM

GO DEEN!
I Stay away from wheat on down days.
I eat veggies everyday, they r my friend.
Anything goes on UD.
Ashamed to say I was scrapping ice cream from the carton , before bed.
Ei

Stitchfluffy 01-12-2013 09:21 AM

I'm doing very LC And JUDDD as well, both UD and DD. I'm on met for PCOS and it's working quite well for me. I've lost 5 lbs of my christmas weight in the past 10 days, so not too shabby! I've noticed some fatigue towards the end of my DD, however, but I'm pretty sure this is normal at first whether you LC or not.

Librarygirl 01-12-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eieio (Post 16190522)
GO DEEN!
I Stay away from wheat on down days.
I eat veggies everyday, they r my friend.
Anything goes on UD.
Ashamed to say I was scrapping ice cream from the carton , before bed.
Ei

:hyst::hyst: I am loving having my ice cream. Never want to go back to LC, if possible. :)

ETA: However, how does that green coffee bean taste, Deen? ;) Where can I get some? :D

gotsomeold 01-12-2013 04:23 PM

During weight loss, I reset myself by going completely LC for a week or so from time to time. I like the way I feel eating LC. It did not seem to change the rate at which I lost, but it sure feels good. DH is traveling next week and I plan to go LC then. Of course, after awhile I do reach for the ice cream.

SlimNana 01-12-2013 04:44 PM

:confused: Doesn't Turkey Hill still make their delicious low carb ice cream?

Haycyn 01-12-2013 05:47 PM

I will be. I was LC for sometime, and then recently (like a week ago) went off the deep end when I started JUDDD. I feel terrible. My mind is foggy, I hurt, and I'm crabby. It's not JUDDD, it's the sugar.
But I feel like a drug addict coming off the sugar. I'm looking for them, anywhere, everywhere.
Oh well. It must be done.
Do y'all try to restrict protein on Dd or UD?
Anyone know if Dollar General has High Protein Slim Fast? 4 carbs..

Librarygirl 01-12-2013 09:41 PM

Haycyn, not sure whether Dollar General carries SF or not. I bought high protein shakes from GNC that are still marinating in my fridge. :D I thought they might be the trick to DD in the beginning, but they only made me hungry.

gotsomeold 01-13-2013 06:01 AM

I can't hack prepared shakes. Suspect it is the artificial sugar in them because I thrive on making my own. So, no help here. Sorry.

Deen73 01-13-2013 07:53 AM

Hey, all -- well, I weighed this morning and was down nearly 4 lbs from a week ago! BUT, keep in mind, I was pretty much off the wagon and eating anything I wanted for about three weeks surrounding the holidays. So, I'm sure much of that is the agua leaving my body.

I hear what some of you guys are saying about LC being too restrictive -- it is. I know I'll probably not be able to do it forever, but on the other hand, I DO feel really good on it. So, it's a trade-off. When I can't do it anymore, or just don't feel like it, I'll go back to regular JUDDD. At least I know I can maintain with that, if not lose at a much slower rate.

LibraryGirl -- I take the Green Coffee in capsule form and I got it on Amazon (brand name: Nutrigold). Can't really taste anything, and there's no caffeine (contrary to what a lot of people believe) in the product. It's the first one that comes up when you search on Amazon, and the price is $28.95. I am going to add raspberry ketones (purchased from Wallyworld, $4.88) today -- as I have read many a tale of PCOS'ers like me taking them together and getting good results.

LoCarbGal -- LOL at your comments over taking 'deflated' over the current fatness. Yeah, me too, I guess. You and I are at almost the same weight right now (well, you're a little skinnier! lol) -- I'm at 230.1, as of this morning.

StitchFluffy -- LOVE the Doctor. And, of course, David Tennant is the BEST Doctor. ;)

tobelowcarber 01-13-2013 11:35 AM

I have been doing JUDD/Atkins combo for the past 5 weeks and have lost 9 lb. On the average I eat 25 gr of carbs a day (gross not net). Some days I go as high as 60 gr or as low as 0 gr. My carb come only from veggies and occasional almond muffin and I allow myself some high carb veggies every other day (carrots, beets, spaghetti and butternut squash).

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen73 (Post 16192235)
Hey, all -- well, I weighed this morning and was down nearly 4 lbs from a week ago! BUT, keep in mind, I was pretty much off the wagon and eating anything I wanted for about three weeks surrounding the holidays. So, I'm sure much of that is the agua leaving my body.

I hear what some of you guys are saying about LC being too restrictive -- it is. I know I'll probably not be able to do it forever, but on the other hand, I DO feel really good on it. So, it's a trade-off. When I can't do it anymore, or just don't feel like it, I'll go back to regular JUDDD. At least I know I can maintain with that, if not lose at a much slower rate.

LibraryGirl -- I take the Green Coffee in capsule form and I got it on Amazon (brand name: Nutrigold). Can't really taste anything, and there's no caffeine (contrary to what a lot of people believe) in the product. It's the first one that comes up when you search on Amazon, and the price is $28.95. I am going to add raspberry ketones (purchased from Wallyworld, $4.88) today -- as I have read many a tale of PCOS'ers like me taking them together and getting good results.

LoCarbGal -- LOL at your comments over taking 'deflated' over the current fatness. Yeah, me too, I guess. You and I are at almost the same weight right now (well, you're a little skinnier! lol) -- I'm at 230.1, as of this morning.

StitchFluffy -- LOVE the Doctor. And, of course, David Tennant is the BEST Doctor. ;)

Deen, I just noticed your stats. Is 199 your mini goal, or ultimate goal? :)

Deen73 01-13-2013 12:20 PM

199 is my mini-goal. The reason I have set that particular number (aside from being 'Onederland', of course) is that it would be the lowest I've been since getting pregnant with my first daughter. That was 13 years ago... Omg, I can't believe it's been that long. But, yep, that's how I got that number. My actual goal would be more like 130 -- but we'll see how we do. I think I actually look pretty good in the 150-160 range, so, like I said, we shall see where the old bod wants to settle.

Librarygirl 01-13-2013 12:29 PM

Same here. I haven't been 130 in 15 years or more, so it might not be the weight I want to be at this age, but it's about the same weight the rest of the women in my family are, with one sister actually below 110 (she's 64).

svenskamae 01-13-2013 01:31 PM

I've been doing lowcarb for 1 year (my anniversary is this Tuesday), started limiting protein as well as carbs in the fall (so I do under 30 net carbs/day and aim for less than 60 grams of protein/day) and added in JUDDD calorie counting and cyling in late October. I know that's pretty restrictive, but I feel absolutely great eating this way, haven't had even a mild cold in the past year, and like the healthy and delicious food that I eat, so I'm planning to stay lowcarb the rest of my life. Adding in JUDDD makes me feel even better, so I may also stay with maintenance JUDDD forever, or substitute some form of intermittent fasting (say, fast 5) in its place, someday.