Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Failed DD yesterday, do I do another DD or just UD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794275-failed-dd-yesterday-do-i-do-another-dd-just-ud.html)

Haycyn 01-12-2013 05:09 AM

Failed DD yesterday, do I do another DD or just UD?

I have been a lurker for a bit and JUDDD for about a wk. long time low career here.
I guess I went nuts on the carb thing and got into the cookies on an UD and the. On a DD too. My knees and wrists are swollen. I feel like holy heck.
So do I return to another DD or do an UD??

Thanks
Cyndi

deb81 01-12-2013 05:28 AM

I blew my DD yesterday also. I believe that you continue with the cycle and make today an UD.

I plan on getting to the store and stocking up on DD supplies for tomorrow!

Carly 01-12-2013 05:38 AM

It depends what works best for you. If you want today to be an UD since it works for your rotation and you plan to eat good, healthy food have an UD. If your rotation days don't matter that much and you just want to get back on track you can have a DD. Juddd is flexible and forgiving.

mom23kids 01-12-2013 06:10 AM

I've had this happen before (it seems like my husband always suggest eating out for supper on my DDs, ugh!), and I always just move forward and do a normal UD the next day :)

LoCarbGal 01-12-2013 06:38 AM

:welcome: Cyndi and Deb! Glad to have two more JUDDD BUDDDs!

Yes, JUDDD is so flexiblel, you can really do whatever works best for you. Don't ever let yourself go to that awful place we dieters know only too well. You know the place: "I've blown it. I'm a loser. I can't do this. Why am I so out of control?"

JUDDD always forgives. There are ranges for DDs for a reason. That's a lesson I'm still learning, 4 months in!

Eieio 01-12-2013 09:32 AM

I feel all good suggestion.
Newb's u will learn in time to STAY AWAY FROM THE COOKIES ON DD! Said n my kinda- loving voice.
U can have a couple cookies the next ud, if u wish, without guilt.
As the days go by 'woe' way of eating. U will get stronger and feel differently with the help of the magic gene. It's process!

SlimNana 01-12-2013 04:34 PM

Eieio- You have such a way with words!

Those wise words summarize JUDDD amazingly well.
I'm going to use them as a mantra. :hyst:

Haycyn 01-12-2013 05:36 PM

Thanks everyone. Here's to tomorrow!

gotsomeold 01-12-2013 05:55 PM

Haycyn and Deb, one bit of advice I find helpful (which you can laugh at if you wish)...I never say I 'failed'. I said, "I am learning. Now, what can I learn from that?"

I learned about certain unexpected trigger foods that I avoided for a few months, then reintroduced in small servings. I learned about what times I needed to eat or drink something. For me, I learned thirst masquerades as hunger - when I feel hungry, the correct place to start is always with a glass of water. Odd, but it works.

You did not fail. You learned a valuable lesson! Congratulations.

Lychee 01-12-2013 06:42 PM

For me, it feels too much like punishment and negativity if I do a down day. Better just to have a "clean" up day with lots of healthy food that is not triggering to you.

Librarygirl 01-12-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16191459)
Haycyn and Deb, one bit of advice I find helpful (which you can laugh at if you wish)...I never say I 'failed'. I said, "I am learning. Now, what can I learn from that?"

I learned about certain unexpected trigger foods that I avoided for a few months, then reintroduced in small servings. I learned about what times I needed to eat or drink something. For me, I learned thirst masquerades as hunger - when I feel hungry, the correct place to start is always with a glass of water. Odd, but it works.

You did not fail. You learned a valuable lesson! Congratulations.

Much as I know this, have read this and suspect this to be true more than half the time, do I adhere to it? NO. I will make this a priority this coming week. One thing I can stick to...hydration, in the form of water, when hungry. Thanks for this important reminder, Nancy. :)

Sammyann 01-13-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haycyn (Post 16190048)
I have been a lurker for a bit and JUDDD for about a wk. long time low career here.
I guess I went nuts on the carb thing and got into the cookies on an UD and the. On a DD too. My knees and wrists are swollen. I feel like holy heck.
So do I return to another DD or do an UD??

Thanks
Cyndi

Welcome Haycyn and Deb.

For me it would depend on how far over I went on my DD calories. If I at all the way up to UD calorie levels I'd do a DD. If I overate but was still under 1000 calories I'd probably continue on with rotations and do a UD. JUDDD is forgiving. Do what feels right to you.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

gotsomeold 01-13-2013 04:09 AM

As the sirtuin proteins build up in your system, they do a huge amount of internal clean up and repair. Some foods that start out as triggers lose their powers as time passes. Hence, foods you personally should not eat today may be okay later. This still stuns me, but these days I can measure a selected amount of dark chocolate, luxuriate in eating it, and not reach for - or crave - more (in the olden days I ate it all and went out to buy more).

vanilla_latte 01-14-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16191897)
As the sirtuin proteins build up in your system, they do a huge amount of internal clean up and repair. Some foods that start out as triggers lose their powers as time passes. Hence, foods you personally should not eat today may be okay later. This still stuns me, but these days I can measure a selected amount of dark chocolate, luxuriate in eating it, and not reach for - or crave - more (in the olden days I ate it all and went out to buy more).

I love this analogy!!! With the bounce I had today, I dunno if it's working on me. :stars: :laugh:

I just started reading that Beck Diet Solution book and am working to retrain my thoughts. So, much like Nancy said above to not say "failed" but "learning" is good advice. One huge thing we all need to remember is even if we go up a bit over our DD calories, the day isn't "ruined". Continue to keep it low, if you can, and it'll just be a higher DD or at best (worst?) a Medium Day.

As the others said, JUDDD is very forgiving and flexible. And once that SIRT gene kicks in, DDs will become a whole heckuva lot easier.