Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Calling my wise JUDDD Buds (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794259-calling-my-wise-juddd-buds.html)

Carly 01-11-2013 06:29 PM

Calling my wise JUDDD Buds

JBs I'm having the strangest experience...

Since 5:30am I have been to the ladies' room over 35 times!!!!!!
The day started out strange since I woke up STARVING and that never happens- glad it's an UD.

At 6:30am I made a fried egg with american cheese and pepperoni in a lower carb wrap.

At 7:30 I was still hungry and had a heap of cottage cheese.

(I tinkled at least 3 times by now)

I got coffee on the way to work and splurged for the sugary flavored syrup, but never finished it- too sweet.

(Like 5 trips to bathroom)

At 10:30am I had about a quarter of a box of Special K chips.

(Bathroom, bathroom, bathroom)

12:30pm had a yummy yogurt with little candy toppings

(Bathroom x4)

1:30pm went into upper management meeting and had 5 M&M peanuts- this is very strange for me.

(I left the meeting 2x to run to the bathroom :o)

3:30pm and meeting ended took small twixt bar and ate it.

(3 more trips to ladies' rm before leaving work at 5:20pm.

Had to run upstairs by the time I got home since I had to go so bad. I thought maybe my sugar was high, but it was 93!!!!!

Had more cottage cheese.

3 more trips to bathroom and then I said dig up Keto Stix.

I'm in Ketosis!?!?! How? Why? And if I am why have I been so hungry?

I feel fine, better than last week since I've been making a real effort to eat more salt, but I don't get this.:dunno:

I dislike being starving as much as having to pee constantly!

So this is why I'm calling my wise buds? Is this OK?

KeirasMom 01-11-2013 07:31 PM

Doesn't sound okay to me. It "could" be a reaction to having added more salt in your diet, if you're adjusting to it and releasing some saved up water, but that many trips is excessive. When you go, are you going much, or just a dribble? Any pain? Is it dark, light, or normal color? How are you feeling otherwise? I'm glad you checked your sugar, because that was my first thought. My next thought was pregnancy, but I know you wouldn't be having any unexpected surprises there.

If it continues, I'd recommend seeing your doctor.

Carly 01-11-2013 07:36 PM

No pregnancy! I don't know who would be more shocked, DW or me!:hyst::hyst:

I'm going a ton! Seriously don't know where it's coming from. I thought it could be the salt, but why ketosis? I don't low carb period, but today was for me a big, sugary eating day! I just had a slice of pizza. I think I'm finally full! I was getting worried that I had worms or something. I'm never starving all day.

Flutter 01-11-2013 07:40 PM

Ugh, that does not sound fun AT ALL!!! Hugs to you, I have nothing wise or wonderful to offer, just empathy! I don't know why you'd have to go to the potty so much. Weird! It's not like you have a UTI, no pain, right?

Commiserating with the hungry all day part, though. I am going nuts here...so not used to being hungry like this.

jaymar 01-11-2013 07:42 PM

Carly, I don't know if anything is wrong or not..but I did have the same thing happen to me a couple of times,..I was doing the normal up day down day..and I even tried to stop drinking anything...but I kept going and going and going..it woke me up two or three times during the night...I didn't have any other problems, but I didn't know what to make of it...I figured I was just getting rid of excess water...I hope there's nothing wrong..You have done so well in losing the weight..I think you are an inspiration.

stephdray 01-11-2013 09:31 PM

Ok, if you're going to the bathroom this often, you were either retaining a ton of water or something is going on with your kidneys or bladder. If, when you use the ladies room, you're not passing much water, but you have the -feeling- that you have to go badly, it's possible you're passing a kidney stone.

piratejenny 01-11-2013 10:46 PM

Urinating is one way for the body to get rid of excess glucose.

It seems you ate small amounts of sugar throughout the day--I have diabetes and when I eat sugar or forget my medication, I pee tiny amounts very frequently.

I don't recall if you have diabetes...obviously you have a meter, but a lot of dieters check their blood sugar...if you do, and you take metformin or something, any chance you forgot to take it last night or have been reducing your medication lately?

I know this is unlikely if you are also in ketosis...but you said "dig up Keto Stix" like you haven't used them in a while, so maybe they're expired and giving you an inaccurate reading?

LoCarbGal 01-11-2013 10:56 PM

That sounds rather annoying and time-consuming! I also wondered how much you go each time. If it's like high pressure, long pees, or just little dribbles? I'm glad you feel fine and your BS was okay.

I had a major fluid flush the other day, right after I took my first dose ever of "dirt". I was just coming off TOM and had started exercising a few days prior, and wasn't sure if it was just my body releasing the fluid as to be expected, or if the DE triggered it. It was often for one whole morning, and was long, high volume pees. Then it just stopped. I had a major whoosh the next couple of days.

Nothing else has changed? Drugs starting or stopping. You obviously ate very differently than normal.

Is it still happening? I hope it doesn't keep you up all night!

Kissa 01-12-2013 04:51 AM

No suggestions other than those already stated. Very strange. Keep a careful eye on things.

gotsomeold 01-12-2013 05:35 AM

Ketosis happens for a variety of reasons - some of them good, some of them concerning. Oh, I know Dr A defined it as happening when the body preferentially burns fat as the result of eating LC. But - and this is going to get me shot - I believe if he were with us today Dr A would change the definition to something like the body preferentially burns fat as the result of accumulating sirtuin proteins.

Yes, all you carb-eating former LCer BUDDDs out there, I do mean pull out the old ketosix on DD - and UD morning if you don't eat much breakfast - you may see pink (rarely purple). If you would like, I can expand on this later. Right now, let's get back to Carly.

Translation: you being in Ketosis may be important. Or it may be NBD. As a Fast 5 style eater you may be in Ketosis most of the time anyway.

So, what do we have? We have Carly tinkling her day away.

On another thread you mentioned you were in maintenance mode in December and are now back in WLM. But, you said, weight was not dropping. So, during the early part of January you may have been adjusting to WLM and yesterday you may have hit some internal balancing point.

If it stops. If weight drops. If you continue to feel fine. Yesterday may have been a really impressive whoosh.

On the other hand, a variety of not so good things come to mind:
  • UTI before the pain hits (been there).
  • One good blood glucose reading does not a completely stable blood sugar prove. Test again, and frequently.
  • Kidney stone or other malfunction.
  • Food poisoning.
  • Flu (or other virus) starting.
  • Other.

Carly, if it keeps happening, call your doctor!!!!

HOW ARE YOU THIS MORNING?????

mom23kids 01-12-2013 07:14 AM

Could it be a UTI? Whenever I've had them I seriously was in the bathroom like every 5 minutes. That wold happen before the pain started and then the pain would hit :mad:

Carly 01-12-2013 07:22 AM

It seems better today. I've gone 3x in 2 hours, but less urgent than yesterday. Yes- it was a big volume and no pain. The Keto stix were about 8 or 9 mos old, so maybe that's old. I haven't weighed yet, but maybe it was just a lot of water from increasing salt intake. The extra salt has helped 100%. No more dizziness and I can jump right out of my chair if I want.

Nancy, today is DD so I'll try a keto stick and see since today I won't eat anything till night time.

piratejenny 01-12-2013 07:32 AM

Good...hope the "betterness" continues! :)

Carly 01-12-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 16190176)
Good...hope the "betterness" continues! :)

Me too or we will have a serious toilet paper shortage!!!!!:hyst:

mom23kids 01-12-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16190178)
Me too or we will have a serious toilet paper shortage!!!!!:hyst:

:laugh:

Flutter 01-12-2013 07:42 AM

So glad to hear you are better today!

LoCarbGal 01-12-2013 07:43 AM

:hyst:

Yes, glad you're feeling better this morning. I'm curious about your weigh-in.....did you have a big whoosh with your multi-flushes? ;)

Librarygirl 01-12-2013 08:38 AM

I go about 20 or 25x a day on DD, so it doesn't seem all that excessive, but if it does to you then I agree with everyone: go see your doc if things haven't improved soon. I hope it's just a big whoosh and you've lost about 10 lbs overnight.:hyst::hyst:

SlimNana 01-12-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16190201)
:
Yes, glad you're feeling better this morning. I'm curious about your weigh-in.....did you have a big whoosh with your multi-flushes? ;)

Ditto! :agree:

Carly 01-12-2013 08:57 AM

Yesterday morning I was 139.8 :eek::stars: when I can home from work I was 135.7

My offical weigh-in time is the evening since I wake up kinda bloated- but usually the difference is 2 pounds not 4! But yesterday's 139.8 was a bit shocking!!!! I haven't jumped on the scale yet, but it's DD so I usually only check in the evening.

LoCarbGal 01-12-2013 09:49 AM

Well then, that was some serious bloat. Glad it came off so quickly and didn't make you uncomfortable (except for the "urgency" issues! hee hee)

Aren't our bodies wonderful, confounding machines? They really do know what they're doing most of the time.

Kissa 01-12-2013 09:59 AM

Carly that is a huge drop, but I seem to remember that you have been holding on to weight more than you generally do this month.

Your body may have just decided to let go of all that water at once for its own reasons? Who knows? I just hope that it is over now.

Carly 01-12-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16190489)
Carly that is a huge drop, but I seem to remember that you have been holding on to weight more than you generally do this month.

Your body may have just decided to let go of all that water at once for its own reasons? Who knows? I just hope that it is over now.

I guess so- I'm still making a few extra trips, but nothing like yesterday. I wasn't really worried till the keto stick said I was in ketosis and from all I had consumed that didn't seem plausible. But I seem to be fine!

Shari4 01-12-2013 11:18 AM

Carly, I'm so glad you're feeling better today!! That was a big whoosh yesterday! Can't wait to see what your weigh in is today!! :)

Carly 01-12-2013 11:58 AM

I spoke too soon regarding the frequency and urgency- I'm back at it again.
But I jumped on the scale and 134.4 :eek:
Since yesterday at 6:30am I was 139.8- that's a lot of trips to the ladies room!!!!

I guess this is just an annoying dragged out whoosh- maybe a new low is coming my way :aprayer: at this rate that will be in an hour or 2:hyst:

Flutter 01-12-2013 12:20 PM

Good heavens, Carly, that really IS a lot of bathroom trips! Dang!!!!

A new low would be fabulous, though...let's hope that's the case!

Carly 01-12-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16190766)
Good heavens, Carly, that really IS a lot of bathroom trips! Dang!!!!

A new low would be fabulous, though...let's hope that's the case!

I very reluctently had half a mug of broth just now. I need to keep up with enough salt, but we are making our dreaded Wal-mart trip and I'm afraid I'll have to make multiple stops. Wal-mart is 2 stories, luckily their is a ladies room on both levels- just it's all the way in the corner- wish me luck!

Kissa 01-12-2013 12:29 PM

Crumbs, as we say here!

gotsomeold 01-12-2013 12:40 PM

Keep an eye on how you are feeling. This could certainly be a whoosh (hope so), especially if low salt was causing such huge stress. But it could be illness, so watch it!

If your ketosis comes not from carb restriction but from sirtuin production, then what you eat should not cause an abrupt cessation. After all, sirts wear off gradually.

Hmmmmm, got to do some diagrams...I have this theory bubbling around and trying to come together....:hyst:.....Nancy's Theory Of Weight Loss Everythingness!

sunday 01-12-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16190778)
I very reluctently had half a mug of broth just now. I need to keep up with enough salt, but we are making our dreaded Wal-mart trip and I'm afraid I'll have to make multiple stops. Wal-mart is 2 stories, luckily their is a ladies room on both levels- just it's all the way in the corner- wish me luck!

I am watching this with interest, because I have had the same phenomenon throughout my JUDDD journey. I think you are getting ready to have a big whoosh. :)

Love to see a pic of a 2 story Wal-Mart. :p I quit Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. Too crowded.