Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   New to Juddd (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794217-new-juddd.html)

Rosey 01-11-2013 09:43 AM

New to Juddd

Hi everyone. I am Rosey, turning 29 this year. I'm overweight. Well obese according to bmi. I weigh 200lbs and my goal weight is 130lbs. I have been yo yo dieting my whole adult life at my lowest 183 but I always manage to get back to 200.

I came across this thread today and decided to try this again. I know about fasting and have done it before and I just didn't know how to do it properly especially on the up days. Sometimes I just couldn't get down after the up day.

I will use this one thread un less I see a need to start a new one. I will be starting tomorrow with an upday then sunday will b my down day and so forth. My plan is to make a lifestyle change not just a fat loss decision and I love the 60% maintanance part. I have always thought when I don't want to lose anymore I'd like a stable plan of maintaing without gaining it all back.

mom23kids 01-11-2013 09:45 AM

:welcome:

LuckyLou 01-11-2013 09:54 AM

Welcome Rosey & best of luck. It's a great diet & a wonderfully supportive board :)

Flutter 01-11-2013 10:09 AM

Welcome to you!!! You can do it! :)

Luv2Eat 01-11-2013 10:19 AM

Welcome Rosey! I hope you have time to go through many of the threads here for insight and inspiration. If you've done fasting, I think this will make it easier for you :up:

I used to eat only one small meal per day and I was twenty pounds heavier. Since starting JUDDD, this would be a Down Day, and on my Up Day, I eat anything I want within my calorie limit and I'm much smaller with the extra eating :D There are so many similar stories in the threads here.

I hope it works for you too :hugs:

LoCarbGal 01-11-2013 10:58 AM

:welcome: Rosey! You've found a great place for information and support. I agree with the comment about reading as many of the threads as you can. There's so much information here, and it really is inspirational and motivating to read about other peoples' successes. And it's helpful when we discuss our struggles too! Keep posting so we know how you're doing!

Librarygirl 01-11-2013 11:39 AM

Welcome Rosey!!!

Rosey 01-11-2013 11:46 AM

Thank you so much. I have been reading for the past 5 hours. I'm sure I will continue after I put my baby to sleep. I'm so glad to b here. Already told my friend about this and she thinks its a better lifestyle change than dieting and being restricted to certain foods for the entire month

I have done intermittent fasting before funny enough I was eating 500 calories twice a week. I didn't last long. I did not have a good plan. I will also be starting a journal to track my daily journey. I'm a calorie counter and love to write so I will enjoy this jouney. Considering you all are so supportive. I already feel at home

Luna Loca 01-11-2013 12:47 PM

Eieio 01-11-2013 12:57 PM

Hi Rosy
U can do this!
It takes time, but what doesn't that's good for us?
I find if I leave wheat along on dd, the lower calorie day. I do much better with cravings.
Broth is your/our friend.
Get ready too have baggy britches! Smile
Ei

KeirasMom 01-11-2013 01:05 PM

:welcome: You'll love it here!

svenskamae 01-11-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosey (Post 16188756)
Thank you so much. I have been reading for the past 5 hours. I'm sure I will continue after I put my baby to sleep. I'm so glad to b here. Already told my friend about this and she thinks its a better lifestyle change than dieting and being restricted to certain foods for the entire month

I have done intermittent fasting before funny enough I was eating 500 calories twice a week. I didn't last long. I did not have a good plan. I will also be starting a journal to track my daily journey. I'm a calorie counter and love to write so I will enjoy this jouney. Considering you all are so supportive. I already feel at home

Welcome, Rosey! I was just going to suggest that you do a journal. Good for you for coming here and reading up on JUDDD. I think JUDDD is a great plan, and it gets easier over time. (I can say that in my case, and I've only been doing JUDDD for 2.5 months now.) And the people on this board couldn't be kinder or more supportive; you'll be making some lovely new friends, too. Read and post here often; I look forward to getting to know you better. :hugs:

sdjade 01-11-2013 01:53 PM

Welcome Rosey! ;)

jaymar 01-11-2013 02:34 PM

Welcome, Rosey!...I'm still kind of new here...started the end of Nov....but this has been the best thing I've ever done for my weight problem..I'm one of those people who paid a Dr over a hundred bucks a week to watch me starve on Optifast shakes...I think I've tried it all, but never before have I found a way to eat that I can live with...I can live with the Juddd plan..so I wish you the best, and I hope that it can work for you too.

wildflower 01-11-2013 02:50 PM

:welcome: Rosey -- I'm only a month in. Lots of super people on here that know their JUDDD.

Carly 01-11-2013 03:25 PM

Welcome Rosey!

I just posted this in another newcomers thread but thought I'd link it for you too.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-threads.html

Kissa 01-11-2013 04:09 PM

Hi Rosey, and welcome to the loveliest group of kind caring people on any weight loss board.

It sounds as if you will love JUDDD. Looking forward to getting to know you. X

Lee55 01-12-2013 06:38 AM

Welcome Rosey, you are going to love JUDDD.

TryingJudd 01-12-2013 09:16 AM

Welcome!

gotsomeold 01-12-2013 05:49 PM

Welcome Rosey!

You know about intermittent fasting, which is good. You know about how it takes planning to rotate. Very good. You are prepared! Jump in and join the happiest bunch of losers around!!

hot-in-texas 01-12-2013 06:19 PM

Hi Rosey!! I just started JUDDD too. I started yesterday on a DD and you started today on an UD, so we will have the same up and down days. I hope you will come back and post tomorrow on your DD. I will be here now that i have a tablet it is with me all of the time.:-) I will be checking your thread.
BTW, you and I have the same goal weight:-)
*Sheryl*

Librarygirl 01-12-2013 09:10 PM

Cool! We are on the same schedule. I had so many unplanned days during the holidays that I have now gotten on a different rotation. Tex, you, me and Flutter are on the same days now.:high5:

hot-in-texas 01-12-2013 09:39 PM

And we are all the same goal weight (approximately) woohoo!
Tomorrow is DD, I wonder if anyone has ever tried a candy hack on DDs??
I know people who all they eat is candy and they are toothpicks!

Rosey 01-12-2013 09:48 PM

Today is my first DD. I'm so nervous. I had it all planned out 2 200 calorie meals. But then we might go out tonight. So I'm thinking of reserving all my calories for dinner. We preparing for church then off to watch a musical until late afternoon. Then we might decide to eat out. Hopefully not. But I'm planning to order salad. ( lettuce cucumber n green pepper) with balsamic vinegar

Librarygirl 01-12-2013 09:48 PM

I don't know, but it sounds interesting. I want to try peppermint tootsie roll pops. They are 60 cals, but it seems impossible to find them. Amazon has them, I think.

Nothing seems to work for me conclusively, but not eating at all, until later in the day.

hot-in-texas 01-12-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosey (Post 16191768)
Today is my first DD. I'm so nervous. I had it all planned out 2 200 calorie meals. But then we might go out tonight. So I'm thinking of reserving all my calories for dinner. We preparing for church then off to watch a musical until late afternoon. Then we might decide to eat out. Hopefully not. But I'm planning to order salad. ( lettuce cucumber n green pepper) with balsamic vinegar

U might try to take some low cal treats in your purse, otherwise you are going to be hungry, believe me, my first day I was really hungry in the early afternoon, so that it was hard to concentrate. Maybe some sugar free gum too.

hot-in-texas 01-12-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16191770)
I don't know, but it sounds interesting. I want to try peppermint tootsie roll pops. They are 60 cals, but it seems impossible to find them. Amazon has them, I think.

Nothing seems to work for me conclusively, but not eating at all, until later in the day.

I looked up tootsie pops calories today how funny!

Rosey 01-13-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16191498)
Hi Rosey!! I just started JUDDD too. I started yesterday on a DD and you started today on an UD, so we will have the same up and down days. I hope you will come back and post tomorrow on your DD. I will be here now that i have a tablet it is with me all of the time.:-) I will be checking your thread.
BTW, you and I have the same goal weight:-)
*Sheryl*

You got yourself a buddy. My friend has also joined me as well. I'm reluctant to tell my husband. Because he has seen me going through so many diets and failing. So I thought mayb I should wait a month. And then ill let him know.

Sammyann 01-13-2013 03:28 AM

gotsomeold 01-13-2013 03:35 AM

Low cal breath mints take the edge off of hunger really well, said the smoker in the room.