Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
considering JUDD

I did Atkins Induction(and still am) -for almost a month, and lost 10 pounds, 8 of which were in the first week, now I'm just kinda sittin here..so I'm considering doing JUDD because I think my body is holding on to wait as I continue Atkins...
My question is, should I stay low carb? I kinda want to, but does it work LC, any tips?
thanks, I really want to lose this 50 pounds
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
JUDDD doesn't care what you eat, just when you eat.

Lots of posters here stay low-carb. Seems to work for them just fine. I'm not one of them, I eat carbs and lots of them and it works for me just fine too!

I'm sure some posters will be in with tips and tricks soon, I just wanted to say
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #3

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I agree with Luna. JUDDD works with whatever food choices you want. If you feel well LC and want to stay LC, it'll work. I don't worry about carbs at all anymore and it works well for me too.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I started with a general low carb/low sugar plan (was keeping my carbs at 30 or less and sugar under 20 a day). I quickly lost 10lbs and then gained 3lbs right back That's when I found JUDDD and decided to do it but stay lc. That lasted a few weeks until I realized I could eat carbs and still lose But, there's lots of people who do different variations of JUDDD-lc, ls, high fat, etc etc. JUDDD only cares about the calories and when you eat them
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

thanks! I want to start JUDDD today, and start on a down day as I ate quite a few calories yesterday. But I've already had 3 Tbs of whole cream in my coffee this morning, which only leaves me 191 calories for the rest of the day! What can I eat that is 191 calories and be able to make it through the day without thinking about it too much??
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I did not follow LC since JUDDD is based on calories. LC for me is super high in calories. I have dabbled in LCLF with JUDDD but I really like the freedom I get from JUDDD. I lose easily doing LCLF but I don't like those foods and the restrictions so I am happy on JUDDD.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
thanks! I want to start JUDDD today, and start on a down day as I ate quite a few calories yesterday. But I've already had 3 Tbs of whole cream in my coffee this morning, which only leaves me 191 calories for the rest of the day! What can I eat that is 191 calories and be able to make it through the day without thinking about it too much??
I have breakfast of an egg and coffee with 100 calories of HWC so about 180 total.
For lunch I have broth or HB egg or thin sliced turkey rolled up around a third of a pickle spear. I can have 3 of those and repeat for dinner.
HB eggs are filling and 75 calories each.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Established

Quote:
hb eggs are good (around 70 calories each) and egg whites scrambled are really good for low calories Also, if you're heading out to the store Campbells, Progresso and Lipton make light soups that range from 50-80 calories per serving. Otherwise chicken broth is really low-around 10 calories per serving!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!!! great idea, I have a light Progresso soup in my cupboard!
Are the DDs hard?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

DD's are easier for me than UD's. I have never ever messed up a DD. We won't talk about UD's.

Everyone is different. Get busy doing something and that will take your mind off food. The busier I am the easier the DD.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
JUDDD has been fantastic! I started attempting low-carb combined with JUDDD, and quickly fell off that wagon, but I think it's a great combo, health wise. The only problem I had with lc and JUDDD is that it was hard to convince myself not to eat other things when I was losing weight on JUDDD no matter what I ate, and also, low carb foods tend to be higher in calories, so I was going over my UD numbers. Which I still do unfortunately, just eating higher carb now.

I think if you commit yourself to at least one month of JUDDD you'll see the benefits! it really simplifies so many things about eating.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
Established

Quote:
Are the DDs hard?
My first couple were difficult because I had to adjust my mindset and also figure out what to eat. After that thought they've been really easy-I almost look forward to them more than my UDs now

Also, for some it works to eat all their DD calories in an afternoon/evening meal, while others like me, find it better so spread out our calories into small portions every couple of hours throughout the day. Just do some experimenting on your first few DDs and you'll find what works best for you
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #13

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
DD's are easier for me than UD's. I have never ever messed up a DD. We won't talk about UD's.

Everyone is different. Get busy doing something and that will take your mind off food. The busier I am the easier the DD.
This exactly ^^^.

I do stay lower carb on JUDDD, although I allowed myself to eat full on carby holiday treats from Thanksgiving to New Years. I still lost 9 pounds in December, and I'm down another 2 so far this month, still eating up the leftover sweets. It really is freeing.

I'm keeping my DDs high fat/low carb. Just makes me feel fuller and I believe helps release the weight. That's just me. Good luck with however you choose to do this!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Are the DDs hard?
They can be ... challenging sometimes. Once the SIRT1 gene kicks in (varies from person to person), they become a breeze 95% of the time. Up Days can actually be more trouble because you have to plan to eat so much!

I keep my Down Days LC because fat helps me stay more satisfied. Cream in my coffee, full fat yogurt. Take a peek in the Down Day menu threads to see what people eat.

Also, many start out at a higher calorie DD and work down. That might work well for you today since you've had alot of cream.

Good luck!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
They can be ... challenging sometimes. Once the SIRT1 gene kicks in (varies from person to person), they become a breeze 95% of the time. Up Days can actually be more trouble because you have to plan to eat so much!

I keep my Down Days LC because fat helps me stay more satisfied. Cream in my coffee, full fat yogurt. Take a peek in the Down Day menu threads to see what people eat.

Also, many start out at a higher calorie DD and work down. That might work well for you today since you've had alot of cream.

Good luck!
thank you! I was trying to justify it to myself to do that(not count the cream)lol
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome HIT!! DD's are tough for some of us and a breeze for others. It took me a full month or more to get used to them and not feel like I was suffering, lol. I do find that the longer I can go without eating, the better. Nilla is right, don't worry about going over 500 the first DD (or the first week, or ever, lol).

Looking forward to seeing you around!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #17

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

Good luck!
Yes, this. Do the best you can, if you go over some, you haven't failed. We learn stuff all the time about what works best for us. Each day is an experiment, especially the down days! Some people find that the fat from cream helps them, some find they do fine with whole milk or skim, some find they can wean off the creamers altogether. You'll learn what works for you and how to stretch those calories and you'll find that those 500 or so calories can stretch much farther than you'd ever have thought!

Down days can be tough sometimes, but it helps to realize that it's just one day. Tomorrow you can eat whatever it is that you're craving. Also, remember that hunger is not an emergency. It's okay to be hungry, we don't have to immediately stuff our face with whatever is available, we can wait. It's okay. We will be okay.

I'm having a down day today too, sometimes it helps to think about others doing down days with us. I get strength from that thought sometimes.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

thank you for all the answers! I think I will try this, I just hope I don't go wild tomorrow!I've eaten about 100 calories today, plus the cream in my coffee, and I'm kinda hungry lol
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Yes, this. Do the best you can, if you go over some, you haven't failed. We learn stuff all the time about what works best for us. Each day is an experiment, especially the down days! Some people find that the fat from cream helps them, some find they do fine with whole milk or skim, some find they can wean off the creamers altogether. You'll learn what works for you and how to stretch those calories and you'll find that those 500 or so calories can stretch much farther than you'd ever have thought!

Down days can be tough sometimes, but it helps to realize that it's just one day. Tomorrow you can eat whatever it is that you're craving. Also, remember that hunger is not an emergency. It's okay to be hungry, we don't have to immediately stuff our face with whatever is available, we can wait. It's okay. We will be okay.

I'm having a down day today too, sometimes it helps to think about others doing down days with us. I get strength from that thought sometimes.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post

Thank U!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
1 teaspoon of hwc is about 20 calories. I allow myself 1 tablespoon (60 cal) of HWC over the course of DD (broken into three tsp). Oddly, I find that little bit is enough to provide taste and helps keep the hunger monster at bay.

On UDs I have more HWC.

Sometimes much more .
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

I like that.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
1 teaspoon of hwc is about 20 calories. I allow myself 1 tablespoon (60 cal) of HWC over the course of DD (broken into three tsp). Oddly, I find that little bit is enough to provide taste and helps keep the hunger monster at bay.

On UDs I have more HWC.

Sometimes much more .
There are more abbreviations on this forum than in my medical chart! lol
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I find that drinking lots of fluids helps me with down days--water, water with a splash of lemon juice, green tea, every now and then a bottle of V-8 ... I also go to bed early on DDs, if I can, rather than staying up late and hungry. On down days, I use half and half in my morning coffee, and on up days I use HWC.

I personally wasn't losing much on lowcarb alone, but I'm doing much better with lowcarb plus JUDDD. I hope you find a combination or plan that works for you.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Welcome hit!
Read, read! All u can about the science behind this way of eating-woe.
Helped me so much. Dr Johnson's book is very nice to have to read. It does tell more in it than on the Internet. Hope it's ok that I say that.
I'm with Luna we help each other! Seems like one of us are at home if needed.
If u are very activity, 500 cal wont be enough. When I was activity, I had to ave 700 calories most dd. I still lost great. SO u may start up higher too, depends if u start feeling to wrung out, lite headed, that not good. Plus I have to say. Just because ur stomach growls and u feels empty. DOesnt mean u need to eat.
I like the empty feeling, growliness- is that a word. But I eat if I'm lite headache, yukie stomach. U dont wanta faint.
Dd will get easier, we've alllll been where u are now-today. We are with u, like Luna says!
Smile.
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:

What a lovely thought about doing it with others--especially since the people here are so kind and supportive! I'm going to remember that through my down day, today.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Welcome, HIT!! Good for you, jumping right in, yeehaw!!

I've been using Fat Free Half & Half in place of Heavy Whipping Cream in my coffee - it only has 10 calories/Tablespoon; HWC has 50 cal/T if memory serves. . . . that's a big savings and I find that I just go ahead and use it on Up Days too because it's a fine substitute, helps me no feel as deprived on my DD's.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Welcome hit!
Read, read! All u can about the science behind this way of eating-woe.
Helped me so much. Dr Johnson's book is very nice to have to read. It does tell more in it than on the Internet. Hope it's ok that I say that.
I'm with Luna we help each other! Seems like one of us are at home if needed.
If u are very activity, 500 cal wont be enough. When I was activity, I had to ave 700 calories most dd. I still lost great. SO u may start up higher too, depends if u start feeling to wrung out, lite headed, that not good. Plus I have to say. Just because ur stomach growls and u feels empty. DOesnt mean u need to eat.
I like the empty feeling, growliness- is that a word. But I eat if I'm lite headache, yukie stomach. U dont wanta faint.
Dd will get easier, we've alllll been where u are now-today. We are with u, like Luna says!
Smile.
Ei
thank you, so sweet! I love the way you talk!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Welcome, HIT!! Good for you, jumping right in, yeehaw!!

I've been using Fat Free Half & Half in place of Heavy Whipping Cream in my coffee - it only has 10 calories/Tablespoon; HWC has 50 cal/T if memory serves. . . . that's a big savings and I find that I just go ahead and use it on Up Days too because it's a fine substitute, helps me no feel as deprived on my DD's.
good idea, I was only having HC because I could with LC lol
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Yes, I used to use HWC in my coffee because of LC, but found I'd rather use those calories for other yummies. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary ;-) That's the beauty of JUDDD - it's so very flexible!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote