Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Nilla-- they do have some sample sets that come in adorable tiny tins (like, those round spice tins with the see through lids? like that, but way smaller). I find each tiny tin makes 2 servings of tea, so I think that's good for a taste. They come in sets of 12, for something like 24$... caffeine free, around the world, and dessert teas...

You can order 50g bags (no free tin) for between 6-11$, and I'd say those would make like 6-10 cups of tea (totally guessing). I am finding I can get 2 brews from a lot of my tea-- the first brew, I use the right temp water, and steep for the recommended time.
The 2nd brew, I just put in hot water from the tap, and let it steep, sometimes overnight. Sort of like cold brewing, but hotter and I don't get much bitterness (but I've not done this with a green tea yet, so ymmv).

I have to say-- I find a HUGE difference between DT and grocery-store tea. Again, YMMV, but generally, grocery store tea bags use a form of powdered/leftover tea, and with DT and other high-end brands, you are getting full leaf, high quality ingredients, and you get what you pay for.

That said-- I, personally, can't find a straight up chocolate that I loooooove.... ymmv, but I'm just saying, maybe start slow if it says it has chocolate in it if that's what you're looking for specifically.

Chris-- I know what you mean about the coco chai, but once I changed my expectation, I liked it I actually thought it would be cocoa, not coco (as in, coconut). Maybe let it sit longer?

I think I like my chai spicier also... I added chili to the chocolate chili chai (and now I love it!)...

If you don't love mango diablo (just wait till you smell it), well, I don't know what! B/c you will love it!

S.

p.s (eta)-- I think adding some sf flavors is a great idea... like I said above, I finally realized (DING) that if the tea I bought isn't quite how I like it, I can change it!!! I shouldn't have to, but I don't want something to go to waste... so I've been combining remnants, adding extra herbs/spice, and sometimes just for fun, blending flavors (banana creme caramel and banana nut bread... yum).

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)

Last edited by sorenkkg; 02-20-2013 at 02:22 PM..
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
If I overlooked it, do they have a sampler pack where you can get what you want?
David's has specific sampler sets, but I just e-mailed them to find out if there is a way to order specific single serving sampler sizes, because I would really like to try many of their teas, but not at the 50g size, because it's just getting expensive that way. I'll let you know what they say!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Yes, I would love a sampler pack too. I saw the 12 pack sampler is out of stock. Has anyone tried Love Tea #7. That really sounds yummy.
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm also re-steeping some of the tea. I did get the T-Sacs and they are great for on the go. Now I have 3 little bags stuffed and ready in a ziplock in my purse at all times. The David's tea is much, much, better than almost any store tea I have had. I don't mind store bought tea's, but really love the David's Tea. I have an order that will be here any day. More cocoa canella and I know I got salted caramel. 2 others, but now I don't recall.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Try again, Nilla-- I was just on the site (I'm there, right now), and the caffeine free sampler and the sweet indulgence samplers are in stock. I think around the world is totally out, they aren't showing it at all. Also, there's the tiny tins, which is 8 small tins, bigger than the samplers, and they are super cute looking (um, I'm a tin/box fanatic, and must control my hoarding instincts!!! )
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I tried a sampler of twelve adorable little tins with 2 servings per tin; these were mostly sweet teas. I did find some that I liked a lot (the "nuts" one, for example), but I wasn't all that fond of most of the samples included.

I've actually had better luck finding David's Teas that I liked by ordering a smallish package of what sounded good to me in terms of flavorings. I know that I like black tea better than oolong, for example, and I know that coconut, chocolate, caramel, and vanilla are flavors I enjoy in hot tea. So most teas that I've ordered from DTs are at least okay if they come in those flavors I like, and some end up on my "I love this" list. When it gets warmer where I live, and it's iced tea season, then I'll try more green and fruity teas, because I know that those tend to be to my taste. The range of tastes in the samplers was broader and included stuff I wouldn't have picked from the description and didn't like, in fact.

Last edited by svenskamae; 02-20-2013 at 03:37 PM..
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I just bought Yogi Fasting Tea. Its made for fasting diets they said. Anyways, at first it has a strong taste, but after a while you get used to it. It really seems to help the hunger a bit. I made a deal with myself. If I am hungry on a DD just a cup of tea then if I am hungry I will eat. The tea is doing trick. I am not a tea drinker what-so-ever, so this was a big step for me! Anyways... I think I have a bigger DDPP than a normal down day lol!! I just started that tea this week. I will keep trying it to see if it continues to work this way for me!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Katiebubb- I got the fasting tea too... I hope I will also get used to the flavor... I may need to get some lemon to help with it. I had run out when I had it the first time. Pretty intense stuff!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Truffles I had to pull the tea bag putt after the water turned at first. It was so strong I swear I couldn't swallow at first! Now I am where a small tsp of sugar and a splash of milk cuts the flavor a bit.
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone tried ordering teas from Tea Forte' online? They seem to have some luscious flavors, too, and I was thinking of ordering their herbal and regular tea samplers. It seems silly to be lusting after more kinds of tea after I just got my giant order in from David's Teas, so I should probably hold off for a while, but I'm curious about trying out that company also in the future.

I'm going to be going to Boston and Providence in mid- to late March, to give a paper at a conference and visit my sister, and while I'm there, I plan to visit the David's Tea store in Boston. I'll report back on the experience. I wonder if they let you have tastings or sniff the tea or make recommendations ... ?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

There's a store in my mall called Teavana and I meant to stop in there when I was shopping yesterday. I love that they give samples! They also have a tea shop in another mall but none of their flavors looked very interesting.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
I really like CS black cherry and berry, taste like a warm fruit punch.
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Soren and Chris - Thank you SO much for the recommendations. I went to the store yesterday (have more tea variety than Walmart) and I saw some teas that were pretty expensive ($10.00) and came in tall tins (canNOT remember the name). I couldn't bring myself to splurge on those - and I was thinking about the DT's, too! I guess, basically, I'm cheap!! They looked alot like the site's teas - all loose and had lots of "stuff" in them. I don't know if I'm going to get a sample pack yet. Still pricey and I'm still trying to get my taste buds to like hot tea. I could definitely see resteeping overnight like you do. Very doable and I do think the fruitier teas would be good for that.

So, at the store last night I bough some Twinnings Chai. I also bought some of the So Delicious Coconut Creamer (10 calories/tblsp.!!) I saw on another thread that I thought would be great to add to my tea on a DD. I got the plain. I have to say, the Chai tea wasn't bad at all! Didn't find myself trying to "get it down and over with". I also just tried another cup of the Sugar Plum tea. I added the creamer and two sweeteners. Not bad!!!

I may get there, yet.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hallelujah, we have found tea that Nilla *likes* WOOOOOO!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugluv9802 View Post
I really like CS black cherry and berry, taste like a warm fruit punch.
I love this too!! Been drinking it since I was a kid!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
So, at the store last night I bough some Twinnings Chai. I also bought some of the So Delicious Coconut Creamer (10 calories/tblsp.!!) I saw on another thread that I thought would be great to add to my tea on a DD. I got the plain. I have to say, the Chai tea wasn't bad at all! Didn't find myself trying to "get it down and over with". I also just tried another cup of the Sugar Plum tea. I added the creamer and two sweeteners. Not bad!!!

I may get there, yet.
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

David's tea says they don't sell the individual samplers at this time, BUT she is going to take the idea to her team (yay!) and she says if you request a sample in the "gift message" box when you place an order they will do their best to accommodate you. She also mentioned reviews of their teas here: DAVIDsTEA &mdash; Steepster. I checked it out and thought it was interesting, but naturally there are people who hate the teas I love and vice versa, so I don't know how helpful it will be.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
David's tea says they don't sell the individual samplers at this time, BUT she is going to take the idea to her team (yay!) and she says if you request a sample in the "gift message" box when you place an order they will do their best to accommodate you. She also mentioned reviews of their teas here: DAVIDsTEA &mdash; Steepster. I checked it out and thought it was interesting, but naturally there are people who hate the teas I love and vice versa, so I don't know how helpful it will be.
Thanks for the report back, Chris. I'd love to be able to specify what samples I get, since I've gotten either samples I knew I wouldn't like or samples of things I've already tried so far. I guess one would need to order by phone to specify that (I've just done my orders online), but it's good to know that it's a possibility. It would be great if the team decided to sell the individual samplers in future. I imagine the mark-up would be good for the company, and it would also be good for customers.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Speaking of David's Teas, I'd like to recommend "Checkmate," which is a mix of black and white tea and reminds me of hot cocoa, once I add some half and half to my cup. That's going to be a new staple for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

See, that's funny, b/c I'm kind of eh about the checkmate... More for you, Svenska!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone tried those Red Rose brand teas that come in the black box with flavors like Peach Cobbler, Lemon Chiffon, etc. I am going to Walmart tomorrow and I know they have them there. I thought they sounded good but they could be nasty for all I know!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

My mother drank plain Red Rose tea all her life, but I found it nasty, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about the flavored varieties. Sorry to be negative, but it seemed like pretty poor quality tea (I was spoiled drinking Twinings, etc. in college, but my mother never drank anything but Red Rose, so it just tasted like tea to her.)

I just tried a David's Tea that I really disliked: Cherry Cola. I was addicted to Diet Cherry Coke for years, but have given it up, so I thought I might like this tea. It tastes like a particularly nasty, bitter cough syrup to me. I'll be putting it out with a "free" sign on the kitchen counter at work.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Thanks for the report back, Chris. I'd love to be able to specify what samples I get, since I've gotten either samples I knew I wouldn't like or samples of things I've already tried so far. I guess one would need to order by phone to specify that (I've just done my orders online), but it's good to know that it's a possibility. It would be great if the team decided to sell the individual samplers in future. I imagine the mark-up would be good for the company, and it would also be good for customers.
I agree, and I replied to tell her that I know lots of people who would also love the samples.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #294
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks Christina! I hope they'll be offering samplers soon.

I've liked all four of the DTs that I ordered, but the only one I LOVE LOVE LOVE is the Birthday Cake. I thought I'd love Red Velvet Cake, and I have to try it again, because I think I may have let it steep a little too long. Caramel Creme Rooibos was nice, but nothing too special IMO. Toasted Marshmallow, again, nice but didn't light up any centers in my brain. I still need to order Cocomint Creme, and will next time! I'd love to get a sample of that one!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm re-trying my Oolong Carrot Cake... it's nicer than I remember I think it could benefit from some raisins and pineapple (which is what I put in my real carrot cake) but given that I haven't eaten anything yet today on my DD, I'm enjoying it more than I previously remembered
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
- I'm getting there.

Chris, that's cool about them hopefully offering samples of our choosing. I might give them a try if they do that.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I'm re-trying my Oolong Carrot Cake... it's nicer than I remember I think it could benefit from some raisins and pineapple (which is what I put in my real carrot cake) but given that I haven't eaten anything yet today on my DD, I'm enjoying it more than I previously remembered
I liked the carrot cake tea once I added cream or half and half too it, but I agree that raisins and pineapple bits would make it better. Carrot cake is one of the few desserts I miss going low carb and sugar free ... Maybe I'll make my carrot cake recipe for some sort of potluck event and save just 1 piece for me, sometime in the next year.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #298

I'm trying the Creme Caramel Rooibos again right now, and with a little more sweetener, it actually tastes like it has honey in it. I'm enjoying it! Not my favorite, but it's quite good and it's satisfying me this DD. Always a plus!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
LCG--you know rooibos is also called "honeybush".....
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #300

Really? I didn't know. Well it makes perfect sense to me!