Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Surprised by a great report! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794152-surprised-great-report.html)

Yam-Yam 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Surprised by a great report!

Sorry I have not been around for over a week! Life has been so busy.

Eight days ago I had blood drawn for my annual blood panel and check up.

Some of you remember me being worried that my out of control holiday eating would mess up all my numbers which were so good last year at this time.

Monday morning was my check-up appointment at my doctor's office.

First off I have to :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: because the scale was broken so they couldn't weigh anyone that day. :cry: (NOT!) lol. Every woman that came in was thrilled to escape the dreaded doctor's office scale. Yay!

Doc had my blood work results and she was complimenting me on how good they were! I couldn't believe it, but I'm so happy.

Just had to report. I have not yet knuckled down to get all the holiday weight off yet, but I'm working on it and finally feel like things are settling down a bit so I can get serious.

I'm even going to the gym today. First time in a long time!

Sprinkle some of that JUDD magic on me. I'm ready for loose pants again. (Uh, the pants don't lie and they are still feeling a bit tight). :o

mom23kids 01-10-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16186458)
Sorry I have not been around for over a week! Life has been so busy.

Eight days ago I had blood drawn for my annual blood panel and check up.

Some of you remember me being worried that my out of control holiday eating would mess up all my numbers which were so good last year at this time.

Monday morning was my check-up appointment at my doctor's office.

First off I have to :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: because the scale was broken so they couldn't weigh anyone that day. :cry: (NOT!) lol. Every woman that came in was thrilled to escape the dreaded doctor's office scale. Yay!

Doc had my blood work results and she was complimenting me on how good they were! I couldn't believe it, but I'm so happy.

Just had to report. I have not yet knuckled down to get all the holiday weight off yet, but I'm working on it and finally feel like things are settling down a bit so I can get serious.

I'm even going to the gym today. First time in a long time!

Sprinkle some of that JUDD magic on me. I'm ready for loose pants again. (Uh, the pants don't lie and they are still feeling a bit tight). :o

:clap:

KeirasMom 01-10-2013 12:58 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Yam-Yam 01-10-2013 01:09 PM

Dawn: Funny but we were posting on each other's threads at the same time!

Mom2: I've never tried doing the egg and meat fast but thought maybe it would give me a jump start if I did it and keep my JUDD rotations.

I did a search and found a thread you had posted on. Do you recommend it?

So far today I've had 2 eggs. They definitely stop my tummy growling!

LoCarbGal 01-10-2013 01:12 PM

WTG Yam-Yam! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::clap::clap::up::up:

Yam-Yam 01-10-2013 01:14 PM

One more funny thing

Just remembered something else I wanted to share that happened at the doctor's office.

The nurse who was supposed to weigh me but had to tell me the scale was not working was asking me preliminary questions to prep for the doctor. She wanted to know what, if any, concerns/questions I would have for the doc.

I asked her if I need to have a mammogram this year or if I can do it every other year.

She replied, "Well, you are not 50 yet but when you do turn 50 it's recommended that you have one every year."

I said, "HUH???":stars: And she looked at my file then and said, "Oh! you ARE over 50! In fact you are just a year younger than me! You don't look it!"

I decided to take it as a compliment (at my age you take 'em if you can get 'em!) and then added to the good blood panel results, and the broken scale, it turned out to be a pretty good morning! :hyst::hyst:

gotsomeold 01-10-2013 01:31 PM

:jumpjoy: THAT was a grrrreat morning!!! :jumpjoy:

sterlinggirl 01-10-2013 01:37 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Oh how excitinng.. i know life is busy for you .. but WE MISSED YOU!!! :hugs: :heart:

Beeb 01-10-2013 01:48 PM

:jumpjoy::clap::up:

Eieio 01-10-2013 02:22 PM

Great yam! Happy for your health.

jaymar 01-10-2013 02:50 PM

Glad you got good news,..and I know you must have been heartbroken that the scales didn't work..:hyst: that never happens to me..but..one time the nurse wrote down the wrong number...3 lbs lighter..and I didn't say a word..I'm awful I know...

Librarygirl 01-10-2013 03:06 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::clap::clap: And looking younger too!!:cool:

LOL, Jaymar!

adillenal 01-10-2013 03:07 PM

Great NEWS!!!

Kissa 01-10-2013 03:40 PM

And yet another reason to love JUDDD. You look like a kid!

gotitnow 01-10-2013 03:43 PM

Hey, I'll take a morning Dr visit just like that, thank you very much!!!: ;)

AND....here is some magic dust to help get those pants loose again!

** *** **** *:eek:.....and there's plenty more available. I'll
bet you still have some!:D * * * * *
Love ya Yam and been missing you!

Phyl:heart: * ** * *** * ** ***

Carly 01-10-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16186556)
:jumpjoy: THAT was a grrrreat morning!!! :jumpjoy:

Yeah, like x10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seabreezes 01-10-2013 04:16 PM

Yay on all of the great reports. We have missed you!

We'll be there the middle of March. I see my doctor the end of January and will make reservations after that if all is well.

Had several Chuck's dinner the past few weeks. Wishing you were with us!

For some reason the weight has stayed the same...must be that JUDDD magic! I'll take it!

Hugs:hugs:

sdjade 01-10-2013 06:32 PM

That sounds like a great morning! Next time I need to go to the doctor, I want you to send the scale gremlins this way so I don't have to weight in! :rofl:

Congrats on the blood work results! :clap:

Yam-Yam 01-11-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabreezes (Post 16186915)
Yay on all of the great reports. We have missed you!

We'll be there the middle of March. I see my doctor the end of January and will make reservations after that if all is well.

Had several Chuck's dinner the past few weeks. Wishing you were with us!

For some reason the weight has stayed the same...must be that JUDDD magic! I'll take it!

Hugs:hugs:

Yippee on you keeping that weight off effortlessly! Yahooo!:jumpjoy: Mine is bouncing up and down. Today I'm 3 pounds down from yesterday... Not sure it will stay off but I'm trying!

We'll keep in touch about your March travel plans and if DH and I are in town we all definitely should get together, k? :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdjade (Post 16187205)
That sounds like a great morning! Next time I need to go to the doctor, I want you to send the scale gremlins this way so I don't have to weight in! :rofl: :clap:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Luna Loca 01-11-2013 09:24 AM

Yay on the great doctor's report!! I'm glad all your worries turned out to be unfounded. And yay on the compliment! JUDDD seems to help us age backwards!

Personally, I would be bummed that the scale was broken, I haven't been to my doctor's office in a while and my last weigh-in there was about 20 pounds or so higher than my current one. I keep running into my physician's assistant around town and every time she compliments me on how thin I'm looking... love it.

I didn't know that about mammograms only being every other year before you are 50---they've had me doing every year for the past several years and I turn 50 this year. Oh, well, I guess it's too late to do anything about that now. Gotta love the boob squish. :laugh:

stephdray 01-12-2013 06:12 PM

So happy for you Yam-Yam!

sunday 01-12-2013 06:31 PM

Love to hear this! :sing:

Luv2Eat 01-12-2013 06:32 PM

JUDDD Magic heading your way, Yam-Yam!! Sounds like a nice doctor visit, thank you for the update!

Yam-Yam 01-16-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16188364)
Yay on the great doctor's report!! I'm glad all your worries turned out to be unfounded. And yay on the compliment! JUDDD seems to help us age backwards!

Personally, I would be bummed that the scale was broken, I haven't been to my doctor's office in a while and my last weigh-in there was about 20 pounds or so higher than my current one. I keep running into my physician's assistant around town and every time she compliments me on how thin I'm looking... love it.

I didn't know that about mammograms only being every other year before you are 50---they've had me doing every year for the past several years and I turn 50 this year. Oh, well, I guess it's too late to do anything about that now. Gotta love the boob squish. :laugh:

Luna: It's so strange about mammos. The info in the news keeps changing and I think every HMO and insurance company has their own rules. The docs can also take into consideration your family medical history. I don't have any history of breast cancer in my family that I know of, so maybe that makes me low risk?:dunno:

Yam-Yam 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I have a cold which I caught from my 4 year old grand son and it's making me a bit fuzzy in the head. I'm also cold all the time. I mean all the time. Not feeling too energetic and I don't have the concentration to spend a bunch of time on line.

I'm drinking hot tea with honey and lemon, sitting by the gas log fire place, watching HGTV right now. Seems I can't sleep well at night lately but get very sleepy during the day.

It's absolutely freezing outside. Literally. One of our water pipes burst even though it and all our pipes are wrapped (we actually hired someone to do it, but this is the second one that burst anyway. Dang!:( I hate it when that happens!)

OK, off to watch Income Properties (I have 8 of that show recorded; 5 house hunters and, oh, some Hoarders recorded too from another channel! I always feel really good about my house after I watch Hoarders but I search around for stuff to get rid of anyway!):rofl:

sunday 01-16-2013 10:50 AM

Big hugs Yam, hope you start feeling better. :console: Lots of folks are getting the flu here and poor Kimberly had it, as well as her DH. :sad: I am praying that it doesn't come to my home. :aprayer:

angie1 01-16-2013 11:07 AM

Wonderful news!! :D hope you feel better!