Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dubsndice
feedback please, does this diet work?

Hi there,

I have been researching this diet for a week or so now and I have seen some mixed results, please can I have some feedback with regards ro success etc.

Also, what is the best way to so this diet? Strict altenative or 3 DD and 4 UD?

Thanks

Me
Dubsndice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
It worked and works for me and I do strict rotations UD/DD over and over.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
It works, it can't not work if you do it.

I do Monday, Wednesday and Friday DDs every week. It's completely non-disruptive in my life.

If you want to get a taste if it, try a week with just three DDs where you just eat 50% of your normal food. It'll give you some idea of what it's like. If you like it, go to the website and plug in your numbers and give it a month.

Nothing to lose but weight. It's free, incredibly simple, enjoyable, flexible and effective.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
It works for many people. It has certainly made me lose weight faster and more steadily than other approaches, such as just eating lowcarb.

To find out if JUDDD works for you, you need to give it a try. Some people have an easier time with their hunger dropping on down days, and some people have a harder time. Some find it hard to track calories faithfully. Some people feel great calm and energy fairly soon, and others don't.

I think Casmira's suggestion is a good one--try it out for a week at levels that aren't too hard to follow. If you like that, then you could try cutting down your calories further as you get used to the rotations. If you find that JUDDD isn't a good fit for you, well, at least you tried and learned something.

P.S. I do strict rotations and do a lowcarb version of JUDDD. It's possible to combine JUDDD with other approaches, which is something that I like.

Last edited by svenskamae; 01-09-2013 at 04:22 PM..
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
It has worked beautifully for me with standard rotations rather than a fixed schedule.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: plarsen
Stats: 165/ 135/125
WOE: hcg-now modified hcg
Start Date: April 2012
Myself I am not sure either, I just have 7 more to loose. I had my down day, up day, gained two lbs on the up day, and now a down day. I do weigh dailey, but need to watch the foods I eat on UD and not get all about food those days. I did about 600 calories today. two protein shakes, some homeade chicken and vegs for dinner with a small salad.

I would like to see a couple lb loss. I may or may not! I am trying to loose my belly fat, its about all I have left plus a bit on the thighs.
plarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I've lost 55+ pounds since starting JUDDD on 3/28/12! I rotate every other day. I only maintained with fixed DDs M,W,F.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Works great for me. I'd stalled on Atkins after losing almost 55 pounds. Started JUDDD and began losing immediately. I've lost 31 pounds in 4 months, and I do strict rotations. I love it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
JUDDD is not for everyone. Some diabetics find it destabilizes their blood glucose. But then, other diabetics are amazed to see their blood sugar normalize. Some bingers find UD eating is too free. But other bingers find the alternate day format gives them great control. Some people find counting (or quesstimating) calories too onerous. Others find keeping up with what they are eating so closely a habit in which they can thrive (or at least survive comfortably). Some people cannot tolerate the scale bounces. Others weigh infrequently to avoid seeing the bounces (what I don't know won't upset me). Others find they learn a lot about how their bodies work by watching bounces (wow! eating ___ does that?!?!).

Because alternate day fasting/calorie restriction makes changes in the body, JUDDD is not typically a fast-start WOE. On average it takes a month for the changes to stabilize...but most people do lose weight during that month. And, of course, we do see some people who lose steadily from their first DD.

For me, yes, JUDDD totally works. I lost weight slowly but steadily. I had a few stalls during which I had to review and adjust my eating. NBD for me. After all, as I lost weight my body's needs changed.

Very important, for me, is maintenance. Over the decades I lost weight on low cal, on low carb, etc. And - guess what - I always gained it back. This time, I stabilized at 127 after DD, 129 to 130 after UD in September. I declared goal in October. Since then I have lived very comfortably in that range. Oh, I bounced up to 132 after the last holiday feasting. And returned to goal two DDs days later. I watch my weight, I know what to do if creepage happens.

Most important, for me, is health. The body changes JUDDD invokes are the same you will find on the LC boards. Arthritis gone. Many signs of inflammation gone. Stable energy - no spikes and drops. Calm.

If you are really curios, I encourage you to plan your meals (DD and UD) and jump in for a month. You may find JUDDD is not for you. Or you may find you thrive on it.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
I loose about a pound a week on JUDDD doing strict rotations, except for 2-3 free days at Christmas time.

You need to remember weight loss on JUDDD will not be fast or linear for most people. And like any program it will work for some people and not for others. I love JUDDD because I do not feel deprived. I can eat carbs and still lose weight.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 AM   #11
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Yep, it works for me-down 18lbs since I started on November 7 I do regular every other day rotations and don't count my UD calories. I always count my DD ones though!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
JUDDD is not for everyone. Some diabetics find it destabilizes their blood glucose. But then, other diabetics are amazed to see their blood sugar normalize. Some bingers find UD eating is too free. But other bingers find the alternate day format gives them great control. Some people find counting (or quesstimating) calories too onerous. Others find keeping up with what they are eating so closely a habit in which they can thrive (or at least survive comfortably). Some people cannot tolerate the scale bounces. Others weigh infrequently to avoid seeing the bounces (what I don't know won't upset me). Others find they learn a lot about how their bodies work by watching bounces (wow! eating ___ does that?!?!).

Because alternate day fasting/calorie restriction makes changes in the body, JUDDD is not typically a fast-start WOE. On average it takes a month for the changes to stabilize...but most people do lose weight during that month. And, of course, we do see some people who lose steadily from their first DD.

For me, yes, JUDDD totally works. I lost weight slowly but steadily. I had a few stalls during which I had to review and adjust my eating. NBD for me. After all, as I lost weight my body's needs changed.

Very important, for me, is maintenance. Over the decades I lost weight on low cal, on low carb, etc. And - guess what - I always gained it back. This time, I stabilized at 127 after DD, 129 to 130 after UD in September. I declared goal in October. Since then I have lived very comfortably in that range. Oh, I bounced up to 132 after the last holiday feasting. And returned to goal two DDs days later. I watch my weight, I know what to do if creepage happens.

Most important, for me, is health. The body changes JUDDD invokes are the same you will find on the LC boards. Arthritis gone. Many signs of inflammation gone. Stable energy - no spikes and drops. Calm.

If you are really curios, I encourage you to plan your meals (DD and UD) and jump in for a month. You may find JUDDD is not for you. Or you may find you thrive on it.

Nancy's said it brilliantly.

I've been JUDDDing since September and have lost weight steadily and easily whenever I've kept to strict UD/DD rotations. I've maintained the loss when I couldn't keep to rotations.

The main thing however, is that I've lost overall and kept it off, even in the midst of a spate of family celebrations and a crazily hectic period when I lived on bread and cheese for three weeks - I don't recommend doing that!! That was before the Christmas goodies. Usually though, JUDDD works very nicely eating normal healthy food.

My weight loss has averaged 1lb per week. Doesn't sound spectacular compared to fast-loss diets but I only needed to lose up to 20lbs and 15 of those are now gone - painlessly. Add to that the fact that I'm confident they'll stay gone and you can be assured that I know this works - for me at least.

It takes a while for the sirtuin to become established in your system. Once that's flowing, this WOE is a breeze. It helps of you can research the science about SIRT1 (see Dr Johnson's book) so you inderstand WHY eating like this works.

JUDDD isn't for absolutely everyone but I hope you can give it your best shoot and be as delighted as so many of us have been.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
LOVE it! Did I mention how much I love it???

Seriously, though, you will never know until you give it a whirl! It might work fabulously for you...or maybe not. Only one way to know for sure...but if you don't, you could be missing out on a WOE that really works for you!

I've done southbeach on/off since 2005. Lost to just a hair over goal weight THREE TIMES and regained it all each time when I just got tired of always feeling deprived. Watching my family eat everything and having to make "special" variations for me. No thanks, I don't have to do that any more and my weight is going down just like it did when I was restricting all the white stuff on SB. I am MUCH HAPPIER as well. How can you beat that?

So again, I say, why not try it? I don't see a down side and sure do see a HUGE potential up side! Good luck to you!!!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Worked and still works for me.. 60 pounds gone since 3-1-12.. straight up every other day rotations..

And as Nancy says.. This works.. But is not for Every one.. Just like.. Adkins is not for every one, or WW.... There is no 1 way that works for EVERY ONE>>
You have to try it.. give it an honest go not a half hearted approach and it will either be for you or it wont... This plan for ME was a God Send.. First time in my life have i lost steady and kept off.. first time in my 46 years that i am "normal" Weight.. Love love JUDDD~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeltaBigBoy
Stats: 342/263.4/?160?
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
I've only been on it a month and dropped 19lbs.
DeltaBigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

I think this post needs to be a stickie!!!

Very thorough and succint. One point that I would like to add, is that women who are pre & peri-meno sometimes hit a wall or struggle a bit. As long as you understand this and don't let this discourage or quit! I almost did a couple of times. It is a wonderfully healthy way to get to goal weight.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
"AWWWWWWWW..."

She said, wiping a nostalgic tear away, "... I remember last March when Kimberly clicked 'submit' on her very first post to the JUDDD BUDDDs...which post came close to being the same question."

How time flies. Now here we are discussing whether she has gotten too skinny.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh wow! What a great point to make Nancy. Time passes. What do we do with that time? If we try JUDDD and give it a chance, it makes loads of difference!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Nancy~ Love ya girl~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote