Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anyone else have cheat/feed days? I'm not alone am I? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794061-anyone-else-have-cheat-feed-days-im-not-alone-am-i.html)

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 09:54 AM

Anyone else have cheat/feed days? I'm not alone am I?
 
I hit a mile marker this week over 100 lbs. down plus I've already hit my February goal so I'm having a cheat day tomorrow on my UD! I eat whatever I want and how ever much I want. I don't seem to have any problems doing this and getting back to business. I love the reward!


Anyone else ever do this? Somebody? Anybody? :eek:

sterlinggirl 01-09-2013 09:56 AM

I do this..And ya know what.. I feel this way.. ITs my life.. i want to enjoy it.. SO if it mean over indulge on what ever on a given day.. IM goin to LIVE!!! I love my reward days.. i dont tell many folks about it.. due to.. they dont think food should be a reward.. but i go with out so many things on an every day basis.. i look forward to my cheat!!! :jumpjoy:

Oh and :congrats: On that mile marker!! WTG you~

Luna Loca 01-09-2013 10:00 AM

Not really. I used to on low-carb, but don't feel the need on JUDDD.

I've really found that I can't do food related rewards. My thinking around food has been disordered for so long and food rewards add to that stinkin' thinkin'. BUT, I only speak for myself here. Lots of other people can do it and it doesn't bother them.

Congratulations on the 100 pounds lost!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: That is an amazing accomplishment and you SHOULD be proud of yourself. I know I'm proud of you!!!!!

sunday 01-09-2013 10:07 AM

Congrats! 100 lbs is fantastic! :high5:

Every S&S, I allow myself one free day, I cycle eod. Very freeing. It allows me a dinner out and also to be without the computer or cell trying to figure out what meets my criteria. I plan the weekends a head of time as much as possible, so that I don't ruin the whole week's losses, but I don't obsess. :)

This also breaks me free from electronics. :stars:

deedee 01-09-2013 10:07 AM

I was just thinking of adding a day like this to my rotations, so I'm really pleased to hear it works well for you! Not sure if it'll be just an UUAD where I don't think about calories, or if I'll do low-carb every other day and have one day of whatever I want.

Congrats on the 100 pounds!! What an accomplishment.

LoCarbGal 01-09-2013 10:22 AM

Wow DBB! I am so impressed with your accomplishment! So, first off, :congrats:!!!

Other than the holidays, and family's birthdays, I haven't allowed myself all that many cheat days, but those were well spaced and very much enjoyed. I think I'll keep doing it like that, because it does give me a "cheat day" to look forward to every now and then, which helps keep me on track the rest of the time.

I think your cheat day is well earned, and if you're easily going back on plan, then it's obviously something you can do when you want to. WTG!

mom23kids 01-09-2013 10:35 AM

All of my UDs are like this :hyst: I don't count calories on them and eat what I want :)

KeirasMom 01-09-2013 10:39 AM

Whenever I've had a free day, I've gained more than I'm comfortable with. I think they're well worth it if they don't derail you or cause you emotional distress (me!). :hyst:

Congratulations on 100 pounds! It feels great, doesn't it! :jumpjoy:

sunday 01-09-2013 11:00 AM

I think the key to this FREE day, is to not let it be UUAD. It could be dangerous for sure. :)

I don't know if I would have been able to do this as a new JUDDDer, because I didn't have all of my foods memorized until several months into the plan. I admit that I wil have a few sketchy foods now and then and have yet to be blindsided. :p

adillenal 01-09-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16183550)
I hit a mile marker this week over 100 lbs. down plus I've already hit my February goal so I'm having a cheat day tomorrow on my UD! I eat whatever I want and how ever much I want. I don't seem to have any problems doing this and getting back to business. I love the reward!


Anyone else ever do this? Somebody? Anybody? :eek:

I thought that was just JUDDD.:)

zipp2play 01-09-2013 11:05 AM

Over Christmas and our Cruise (12/22 - 12/30) I didn't count anything! Actually, I didn't start counting again until 01/02/13! It's not good for me to do and expect to lose, but when losing isn't the goal, it isn't an issue.


Congrats on the 100 pounds. That is AMAZING!!!!

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16183747)
I thought that was just JUDDD.:)


Most of my loss was just conventional calorie restriction & intermittent fasting, a little on low carb(2 weeks) and the rest with JUDDD. I didn't really pay to much attention to what day I actually started doing each thing. I try not to obsess about it to much. I bought the book on the 10 of Dec. according to the receipt and I started right before I read the book so I've probably been JUDDDing around a month I'm guessing? looking back to the website I use to track my calories and weight I logged 259 about the same time so I've lost 19 lbs. JUDDDing so far!

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 11:34 AM

Thanks for all the congratulations.

Luna Loca 01-09-2013 11:35 AM

Wow, 19 pounds in a month. Oh, to have that metabolism.

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16183746)
I think the key to this FREE day, is to not let it be UUAD. It could be dangerous for sure. :)

Oh it's most definitely going to be an UUAD! :yummy:

I've had several throughout my journey! I really really love food. It's definitely my vice..

mom23kids 01-09-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16183820)
Most of my loss was just conventional calorie restriction & intermittent fasting, a little on low carb(2 weeks) and the rest with JUDDD. I didn't really pay to much attention to what day I actually started doing each thing. I try not to obsess about it to much. I bought the book on the 10 of Dec. according to the receipt and I started right before I read the book so I've probably been JUDDDing around a month I'm guessing? looking back to the website I use to track my calories and weight I logged 259 about the same time so I've lost 19 lbs. JUDDDing so far!

What IF plan did you follow? I'm interested in going that route for maintenance :)

Lyric's Mom 01-09-2013 11:54 AM

All.The.Time.

MSN08 01-09-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16183680)
All of my UDs are like this :hyst: I don't count calories on them and eat what I want :)

Same here. I also exercise like a maniac so maybe that is why I can still lose.

Congrats on the progress DeltaBigBoy!

Flutter 01-09-2013 12:00 PM

Huge huge kudos to you!!!! What an incredible accomplishment you've achieved!

As for the reward day, why not?! Sounds great to me! I've had some regular UDs like that. Pretty much, though, most UDs feel like cheat days still to me. LOL!

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 12:23 PM

When I mean a cheat day I mean a cheat day! i will be eating way over my TDEE! It will probably be 6000 calories. I don't know, I'm not going to count! I'm going to enjoy it! Sky is the limit... maybe I should call it a "Gluttony Day" instead? Maybe a "Day of Deadly Sin"? :rofl:

My regular UDs are more strict. I keep to 10% over my TDEE with in 50 cal.

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16183851)
What IF plan did you follow? I'm interested in going that route for maintenance :)

I read "The Warrior Diet", "Eat Stop Eat", "Leangains" & "Primal Blueprint"

I ended up just eating once a day giving myself an approximate 23 hour fast daily. I'd wake up, have a coffee before work, drink nothing but water all day then eat a meal to consume all my calories for the day for dinner(I was working 1st shift at the time). I was eating a 20% cut from TDEE.


Really all I'm doing now is eating in a 3 hour window(I can't get enough calories down my throat in one meal) every 45-48 hours. I'm on second shift so I eat 10am-1pm every other day.

I've been contemplating a 68 hour fast window but I'm still trying to do some research.

I find the less meals I eat the less appetite I have. I tried 6 small meals a day for a while and found myself food crazed all day long. All I thought about was food.

mom23kids 01-09-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16183963)
I read "The Warrior Diet", "Eat Stop Eat", "Leangains" & "Primal Blueprint"

I ended up just eating once a day giving myself an approximate 23 hour fast daily. I'd wake up, have a coffee before work, drink nothing but water all day then eat a meal to consume all my calories for the day for dinner(I was working 1st shift at the time). I was eating a 20% cut from TDEE.


Really all I'm doing now is eating in a 3 hour window(I can't get enough calories down my throat in one meal) every 45-48 hours. I'm on second shift so I eat 10am-1pm every other day.

I've been contemplating a 68 hour fast window but I'm still trying to do some research.

I find the less meals I eat the less appetite I have. I tried 6 small meals a day for a while and found myself food crazed all day long. All I thought about was food.

Thanks for the info! So far I've read about Fast 5, which has a daily 5 hour window, but The Warrior Diet is on my to-read list :) There's also a new book out called The 8 Hour Diet, and it sounds like it follows an 8 hour window everyday (which I've read in a few places may be better for women :confused:), and I want to read that one too. I read the Primal Blueprint a while back-I should probably read it again :)

sunday 01-09-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16183999)
Thanks for the info! So far I've read about Fast 5, which has a daily 5 hour window, but The Warrior Diet is on my to-read list :) There's also a new book out called The 8 Hour Diet, and it sounds like it follows an 8 hour window everyday (which I've read in a few places may be better for women :confused:), and I want to read that one too. I read the Primal Blueprint a while back-I should probably read it again :)

8 hour window is recommend by Jaminet on PHD also. He believes in short daily fasting.

sunday 01-09-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16183933)
When I mean a cheat day I mean a cheat day! i will be eating way over my TDEE! It will probably be 6000 calories. I don't know, I'm not going to count! I'm going to enjoy it! Sky is the limit... maybe I should call it a "Gluttony Day" instead? Maybe a "Day of Deadly Sin"? :rofl:

My regular UDs are more strict. I keep to 10% over my TDEE with in 50 cal.

What is TDEE? Just wondering?

You must report back on this! I love to hear how well this works for men. I have been trying to get my brother to try this; as he is on shift work as well. I believe he sleeps until 10.

You must be so proud! :)

DeltaBigBoy 01-09-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16184012)
What is TDEE? Just wondering?

What is BMR?
Your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, is the minimum calorific requirement needed to sustain life in a resting individual. It can be looked at as being the amount of energy (measured in calories) expended by the body to remain in bed all day!

What is TDEE?
TDEE is the common abbreviation for Total Daily Energy Expenditure which is a metric to calculate the amount of calories your body needs to function in a day. This is quite similar to BMR; in fact, you need your BMR to calculate your TDEE; but your TDEE accounts for your average daily activity as well to give a figure truer to your specific situation. Basically, the TDEE calculation relies on categorizing your daily activity into one of the metrics' predetermined groupings:

Sedentary - desk job and little to no exercise
Lightly Active - light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk
Moderately Active - moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk (****SIDE NOTE - even if you have a desk job most people fit right here when you workout 3-5 days a week)
Very Active - hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk
Extremely Active - hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or training
Once you have determined where you fit in on the TDEE activity rate scale, this activity rate is used to weight your BMR giving you a more accurate assessment of how many calories you really need throughout the course of the day.


Google "scoobys workshop" and go to his calorie calculator to get your TDEE. Knowing my TDEE helped me leaps and bounds in losing weight. It was probably the biggest factor in my success. Everything else revolved around it.

sunday 01-09-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16184036)
What is BMR?
Your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, is the minimum calorific requirement needed to sustain life in a resting individual. It can be looked at as being the amount of energy (measured in calories) expended by the body to remain in bed all day!

What is TDEE?
TDEE is the common abbreviation for Total Daily Energy Expenditure which is a metric to calculate the amount of calories your body needs to function in a day. This is quite similar to BMR; in fact, you need your BMR to calculate your TDEE; but your TDEE accounts for your average daily activity as well to give a figure truer to your specific situation. Basically, the TDEE calculation relies on categorizing your daily activity into one of the metrics' predetermined groupings:

Sedentary - desk job and little to no exercise
Lightly Active - light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk
Moderately Active - moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk (****SIDE NOTE - even if you have a desk job most people fit right here when you workout 3-5 days a week)
Very Active - hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk
Extremely Active - hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or training
Once you have determined where you fit in on the TDEE activity rate scale, this activity rate is used to weight your BMR giving you a more accurate assessment of how many calories you really need throughout the course of the day.


Google "scoobys workshop" and go to his calorie calculator to get your TDEE. Knowing my TDEE helped me leaps and bounds in losing weight. It was probably the biggest factor in my success. Everything else revolved around it.

Thank you! Have fun & hope it is delightful.

Luv2Eat 01-09-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16183933)
When I mean a cheat day I mean a cheat day! i will be eating way over my TDEE! It will probably be 6000 calories. I don't know, I'm not going to count! I'm going to enjoy it! Sky is the limit... maybe I should call it a "Gluttony Day" instead? Maybe a "Day of Deadly Sin"? :rofl:

My regular UDs are more strict. I keep to 10% over my TDEE with in 50 cal.

:hyst: Moderation in all things, even moderation :up:

svenskamae 01-09-2013 05:31 PM

Whatever you've been doing is obviously working great, so KUTGW! Congratulations on losing that 100 pounds! :notwrthy: With that sort of success, I'd just keep on doing whatever you've been doing and makes you feel satisfied and healthy!

Carly 01-09-2013 05:45 PM

Yup! KUTGW! I enjoy all UDs, but not to the magnitude of 6,000 calories. That too, should be commended- seriously- I'd have trouble with 3,000 (now in my sleep... I'm capable of serious damage, but I don't get to enjoy that.) Have a blast on your free day and let us know what tasted the best!

Librarygirl 01-09-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16183747)
I thought that was just JUDDD.:)

Me too! :hyst: EOD is a "cheat" day for me, or it feels like it. :D Any day I can eat chips, cookies and ice cream and still lose, it's good. I do that almost every UD. Well, I lied, not almost, but always.:cool:

ETA: I see where you said 6000 calories!!! I feel like it's cheating when I eat 2000, lol. I'd have to drink beer all day long and eat nachos with chili and cheese as a snack in between a carton of ice cream and pizza.:hyst::laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM.